剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
Last week on Penny Dreadful...
《低俗怪谈》前情提要
They were trying to kill you.
它们想杀你
It was the Verbis Diablo. The word of the Devil.
是暗黑语 魔鬼的语言
Should we not begin by finding a way to understand the language?
不如我们就从设法理解这门语言开始
If I do as I have promised you,
如果我完成承诺
give you this thing living,
给你一个活的伴儿
will you leave me in peace?
你会放过我吗
You would do better to ask your soul to leave you.
你还不如求你的灵魂离开你
I'm not what you think I am. I have blackouts.
我不是你以为的那样 我有时会失去记忆
What happens?
会发生什么事
I don't know. But there's usually blood.
我不知道 但通常会血腥收场
The Ripper back again?
是开膛手回来了吗
This one is different.
这个不一样
This time there was a survivor.
这次有一个幸存者
Name's Warren Roper.
我是沃伦·罗伯
Your daddy says, "come home," so home you come.
你♥爸♥说"回家" 你就乖乖回家
Let her live!
让她活过来
Together we've seen things not of this world
我们一起面对了他界之物
and have proven ourselves capable of defeating them.
也证明了自己有能力抵御它们
What were they? You knew their kind.
她们是什么 你知道她们是什么
They are Nightcomers. Witches.
她们是夜行者 女巫
Our task is made yet more daunting.
我们的任务越发令人望而却步
I shall begin by enticing dear Sir Malcolm.
我就从迷惑马尔科姆爵士下手
My old friend Miss Ives won't escape me.
我的老朋友艾芙斯小姐逃不出我的手心
Here's a woman who held her ground against Satan himself.
这个女人面对撒旦都毫不退让
But now...
可是眼下
I've never seen her frightened.
我从没见过她害怕
Sir Malcolm?
马尔科姆爵士
Come in.
请进
What's happened?
怎么了
Last night they came to me.
她们昨晚来找我了
They were there, as real as you are.
她们出现在我身边 和你一样真实
Then...
然后
They weren't. Vanessa.
又消失了 温妮莎
Is this what it is to go mad?
人发了疯就是这样吗
Your darkest fears made manifest before your eyes?
最深的恐惧在眼前现形
You're not a neurotic, Vanessa.
你没有疯 温妮莎
Then tell me where am I to find peace!
那你说我去哪儿可以找到平静
Not even my prayers are safe!
连我的祈祷也不得安宁
Do you know what that's like?
你知道那是什么感觉吗
No.
不
But I understand the fear of twisting things that move at night.
但我懂得对暗夜出没的邪恶之物的恐惧
Tell me I deserve peace.
告诉我 我理应获得平静
I'm a poor minister for that, Vanessa.
我不会那样安慰人 温妮莎
That's not been my life.
我这一生都不太会
But this I do know.
但我知道的是
I'll not leave your side.
我决不会离开你
Wherever we walk, we walk together.
不论去哪 我们都一起
I don't know what I would do without you.
真不知道没有你我该怎么办
Will you do something for me?
能帮我个忙吗
Accompany me somewhere?
陪我去个地方
Where?
哪里
Somewhere I find a kind of peace.
我能找到某种平静的地方
Can...
你...
Can you understand me?
你能听懂我的话吗
My... my words might seem strange to you.
你可能会感觉我的话语很奇怪
And my face.
还有我的脸
Everything is strange to her.
她看什么都奇怪
She seems happy enough.
但她看上去挺开心
I hope she's not simple-minded.
希望她不是痴傻
She's perfect!
她是完美的
Go slowly. Give her time.
慢慢来 给她时间
I want to fill her heart with poetry.
我好想向她心中灌输诗篇
Let me fill her head with language first.
让我先给她脑子里灌输点语言吧
Honestly, it will be a process.
老实说 这得慢慢来
You'll understand that.
你该明白的
She must learn the actions of living anew.
她得学会重新开始生活
Leave me to it.
让我来吧
I've had experience.
我有经验
I've waited so long.
我等了那么久
She needs poetry.
她需要诗
She needs to eat. Now go on.
她需要吃东西 走吧
Come back later.
过一阵再回来
Let me get to it.
让我处理
If Proteus was any model to go by,
如果普罗特斯可以拿来参考
she'll pick up language quickly.
她很快就能学会说话
Even more quickly since I reduced the trauma of the electrical charge.
而且我减少了电击造成的创伤 应该能更快
It will come back to her.
她会想起来的
So too human interaction and,
还有与人交际的方法
well, perhaps memory.
甚至记忆
And then? I don't know.
然后呢 我不知道
Proteus was just beginning to regain the memory of his former life,
普罗特斯刚刚开始记起前世的事情
when you killed him.
就被你杀了
You don't need to remind me of my sins.
无需你提醒我 我的罪孽
Just never forget your own.
只别忘了你自己的
And this?
这个呢
Creating another sin?
制♥造♥更多的罪孽
Atoning for your first.
是为赎你的第一桩罪
All the love and companionship you denied me,
你不曾给我的陪伴和爱
visit upon her.
将寄托于她
She is our future, Creator.
她是我们的未来 创造者
Tread carefully.
小心行事
My name is Victor Frankenstein.
我叫维克多·弗兰肯斯坦
Victor.
维克多
I suppose it's a private sort of atonement.
这算是我个人的赎罪吧
My wife is involved in the work here and I took it up.
我妻子参与过这里的工作 我接了过来
And me?
我呢
You're looking for a kind of peace.
你要寻找平静
That's a long journey you must make alone.
那是只能你独自上路的漫长旅程
But I find a touch of it here.
但我在这里能找到一丝平静
You must, I'm afraid. Cholera is rampant here.
必须戴着 这里霍乱横行
How is this meant to help me?
这怎么能帮助我
You will see.
你会明白的
Samuel. Thank you.
塞缪尔 谢谢
In the shadow of so much wealth, such suffering.
庞大财富的阴影中 却有这般困苦
You work here?
你在这里工作
When I can.
有时间就来
And provide them with funds.
并为他们提供资助
It makes me feel like I'm a better man.
让我对自己感觉好一些
He'll live, but it was a close-run thing.
他能活下来 但真的很悬
Thankfully, we've learnt a lot about reconstructive surgical techniques
幸好 在从印度和德兰士瓦归来的士兵身上
with the soldiers returning from India and the Transvaal.
我们掌握了不少外科手术修复技术
Terrible wounds there.
伤口很可怕
I know.
我知道
We keep the more disturbing cases isolated.
我们把比较吓人的病例单独隔离
Male orderlies only.
只限男护工照顾
Sir.
长官
When will he be able to speak?
他什么时候能开口
Don't know that he will be.
不确定会否有那么一天
There's not much of his face left.
他的脸没剩多少了
Get better, Mr. Roper. We have much to talk about.
好起来 罗伯先生 我们有很多事要谈呢
I want to know who did this to you.
我要知道这是谁干的
It's all so pretty.
全都好漂亮
The way the light hits things, I mean.
光线照射在物品上的样子
There's so much I don't remember.
我忘记了好多事
That's a result of the accident that brought you here.
是那场让你到这里来的意外造成的
It robbed you of your memory, you see.
它让你丧失了记忆
Will it come back?
我的记忆会回来吗
I don't know.
我也不知道
Your voice is not as I would have expected.
你的声音不像我想的那样
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表