剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
The girl in the photograph?
照片里的那个姑娘
Did she break your heart?
她让你心碎了吗
Such as it is, she broke it.
正是如此 她让我心碎
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I had my heart broken once.
我也曾心碎过
But not as a child, as a woman.
不是儿时 而是作为一个女人
A true pain that was. I swore to myself,
那真的很痛苦 我对自己发誓
never again.
下不为例
Did you keep your oath?
你遵守誓言了吗
Yes.
是的
And my life is sadder because of it.
我的人生因此更添悲伤
If you should ever want to mend your heart,
如果你想修补你的心
this is where I work.
这是我工作的地方
And your heart?
那你的心呢
Waiting.
满怀期待
Stay young and beautiful, Dorian Gray.
保持年轻俊美 道林·格雷
It suits you.
这样适合你
Mrs. Poole.
普尔夫人
Sir Malcolm. What a surprise.
马尔科姆爵士 真是惊喜
Where will it end?
到哪儿才是个头
This rush to embrace all things mechanized.
这万事万物机械化的热潮
You don't favor the modern conveniences?
你不喜欢现代化的便利吗
No, I am a Luddite at heart,
不 我其实是勒德分子[反对技术进步者]
pitching gears and cogs into the river willy-nilly.
齿轮和机械都该丢进进河里
No, I favor the old ways.
不 我更喜欢旧法子
I was much the same.
我过去也差不多是这样
But one loses relevance if one doesn't change with the times.
但一个人如果不随时代改变 就会与之脱节
What change do you seek here?
你到这儿寻求什么改变呢
A gift for Miss Ives, in fact.
给艾芙斯小姐的礼物
Dear Miss Ives.
亲爱的艾芙斯小姐
And it's scent for me.
我来买♥♥香水
I'm trying to decide.
很难做决定
A man's opinion is advisable.
男士的意见会很有帮助
Will you help me? If I'm able.
能帮帮我吗 如果我有这个能力
This is my old scent.
这是我原来用的
I want something new.
我想换点新的
Very nice. "Very nice."
很好 "很好"
Such a man.
真是的
Like you charge by the word.
惜字如金
Here.
来
To clean your palate.
清一清嗅觉
Also very nice.
也很好
Now, this is my choice.
我选了这支
I think.
我觉得
I sense something of the old days in it.
从中嗅到了旧日的气息
The old days, the days before now.
旧日 早在现代之前
When the old gods walked the Earth.
上古众神行走于世间的时光
What do you think?
你认为如何
I like that one.
我喜欢这个
I thought you might.
我就知道你会喜欢
Yes?
什么事
Our guest has arrived.
我们的客人到了
Mr. Lyle.
莱尔先生
Miss Ives!
艾芙斯小姐
Our lamentable separation
令人悲伤的分离
has trebled my pleasure at seeing you again.
使我再见您时的愉悦倍增
My heart shall burst.
我的心脏都快爆♥炸♥了
This is Mr. Ethan Chandler.
这是伊森·钱德勒先生
Mr. Chandler!
钱德勒先生
You are so very tall. You render me Lilliputian.
你可真高 显得我像是小人国来的一样
Hello, Mr. Lyle.
你好 莱尔先生
American! I am undone.
美国人 我完蛋了
Shall we?
请吧
Given you're an expert in dead languages,
因为你是消亡语言的专家
we thought to appeal for your help.
我们想向你寻求帮助
So we're to have another adventure in translation, are we?
看来我们又要开启一段译文冒险了 是吗
Brazen our way into the mystic past?
勇敢地探寻神秘的过去
If you're willing.
如果你愿意的话
I feel Mr. Chandler can provide able rescue
我想钱德勒先生定能及时给与支援
should we find ourselves suddenly afoul of the odd glyph.
假如我们发现自己碰上什么奇怪的符号♥
Well, I do have a gun belt. Stop.
我倒是有条枪带 快别说了
Ah, the good doctor.
好博士来了
How many adventurers are we, then?
咱们一共找了几位冒险家呀
This completes our company.
这是最后一位了
I'm glad. Mischief is best enacted in small groups
太好了 调皮捣蛋最好在小团体中
at very close quarters, don't you think, Mr. Chandler?
私密地进行 你说是吗 钱德勒先生
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉来晚了
Mr. Ferdinand Lyle,
费迪南·莱尔先生
Dr. Victor Frankenstein.
维克多·弗兰肯斯坦博士
How do you do? Doctor. Charmed.
你好 博士 幸会
So you're the chappy who's going to translate the mythical language?
你就是那位破译神秘语言的异士了
Not so mythical as you think, young man.
没有你想象的那么神秘 年轻人
The Verbis Diablo, the Devil's tongue,
暗黑语 魔鬼的语言
has roots as old as Aramaic,
其根源如阿♥拉♥姆语一样古老
and likely much older.
甚至可能更老
It was an oral tradition for the most part,
这语言主要靠口口相传
like most now-dead languages.
正如现在已消亡的大部分语言一样
We haven't entirely lost it, we've just forgotten it.
我们并没有完全遗失它 只是忘记了
And if I were to tell you it's spoken now?
如果我告诉你现在有人在说呢
In London?
在伦敦
I should express surprise, but not complete bafflement.
我会表达吃惊 但并不困惑
Note I said it was an oral tradition for the most part.
注意我说过 主要是口口相传
There is one written example of the language.
此语尚有一份书面记录存世
Relics of a sort.
某种文物
In a long-forgotten box deep in the archives
深埋在大英博物馆馆藏之中
of the British Museum,
一个早被遗忘的箱子里
and I can't imagine anyone has looked at them in years.
我想已经许多年没人去瞧过了
In the 11th century,
十一世纪时
a Carthusian monk known to us only as
有一位加尔都西会教士 我们只知道他名叫
Brother Gregory
格雷戈里修士
began to lose his mind.
忽然发了疯
He said he was possessed by a demon,
他自称被恶魔附身
perhaps the father of all demons,
可能就是众魔之父
the fallen angel himself.
堕落天使本尊
In any event,
不管怎样
this demon spoke to him in the Verbis Diablo.
这恶魔用暗黑语向他说话
Brother Gregory wrote down what it said
格雷戈里修士将它讲的语言
on whatever was to hand.
记在了手边能找到的东西上
Having nothing like science to consult,
没有科学技术可以考证真假
his brothers finally pronounced Brother Gregory mad
他的教友最终宣布格雷戈里修士疯了
and locked him away.
将他关了起来
But his lunatic ravings
但是他的疯言乱语
are now in the British Museum.
如今正在大英博物馆中
The only existing written example
唯一一份记录下
of this seemingly dead language.
这看似已死的语言的文献
If we seek to understand the Verbis Diablo,
如果我们想要了解暗黑语
we must start there.
必须从那里开始
Can you get the relics? Bring them here?
你能拿出那箱文物 带来这里吗
Oh, yes.
当然可以
Like most of the plundered riches of the British Museum,
与大英博物馆中大多数巧取豪夺而来的珍宝一样
they are scrupulously ignored.
它们被小心收藏 全然遗忘
I'll just plunder them back.
我去把它夺回来便是
Perhaps Mr. Chandler could accompany me?
也许钱德勒先生可以与我同往
My pleasure, sir.
我的荣幸 先生
Will you bring your gun belt?
你会带上你的枪带吗
Both guns.
两把都带
What happened to Brother Gregory?
格雷戈里修士最后怎样了
Locked away by his brothers,
被他的教友关起来后
the visitations from the demon did not abate.
来自恶魔的影响并没有减轻
They were deep within him.
它们深入他内心
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表