剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
That's flattering.
听着是不错
Do all women wear corsets?
所有女人都穿束身衣吗
Most... of a certain class anyway.
一定阶层的女人基本上都穿
It seems...
感觉很...
I don't have the word, um... cruel.
我不知道用什么词...残忍♥
The bone's sticking into my skin.
这衣架骨要刺入我的皮肤了
I believe you can adjust it around a bit.
我相信你可以稍微调整一下
Are you going to fix that yourself?
你要自己修改吗
Of course.
当然了
I'm good with stitching.
我可是缝合能手
So, women wear corsets so they don't exert themselves?
所以女人穿束胸衣就为了不展现自己吗
Partly.
一部分是吧
What would be the danger if they did?
如果她们展现了会有什么危险呢
They'd take over the world.
她们将接管世界
The only way we men prevent that
我们男人防止这种事情的唯一方法
is by keeping women corseted...
就是让女人穿束身衣
in theory... and in practice.
不论是在思想上还是在实践中
They're meant to flatter the figure.
束身衣让身材更显妩媚
To a man's eye, anyway.
只是在是男人眼中而已
All we do is for men, isn't it?
我们做的一切都是为了男人 不是吗
Keep their houses...
为他们持家...
raise their children, flatter them with our pain.
养育子女 用我们的痛苦来奉承他们
No.
不
Does this corset flatter me?
这件束身衣让我看起来妩媚吗
Yes.
是的
Do you want me to wear it?
你想让我穿着吗
I want nothing to cause you pain.
我不想你受到任何痛苦
Not for flattery, or... my vanity...
不为奉承 不为我的虚荣
or anything under the sun.
不为日光下的一切
Now, please... go and take it off.
请 把它脱下来吧
The dress will look fine without it.
脱下它裙子一样会很美
Thank you.
谢谢你
But I'll keep the shoes on if I may.
可以的话我想继续穿这鞋子
I thought they hurt your feet.
它们不是让你脚疼吗
Yes. But you like them.
是的 但你喜欢
Fortunately for her, you were there, otherwise...
她真是幸运 有你在那儿 否则
I'm fluent in Arabic,
我会说流利的阿♥拉♥伯语
but this script's highly obscure.
但这手迹极其模糊
I can only make out certain words.
我只能认出几个单词
These might help.
这个也许能帮上忙
Oh, yes. That's much better.
是啊 这下好多了
I don't know if they entirely suit you...
不知道适不适合你
a bit de trop.
度数有点高
Look, it's something like...
这写得像是...
"Us by our winged backs
"我们的翼背
and raised us over his head. Thence..."
将我们举过他的头顶 之后..."
"Found us to be evil angels,
"发现我们成了邪恶天使
so he cast us out. He took..."
于是将我们驱逐出去 他抓住..."
"us by our winged backs
"我们的翼背
and raised us over His head. Thence..."
将我们举过他的头顶 接着..."
You're enjoying this, aren't you?
你很喜欢解这个谜 是不是
Now that you've given up the Nile,
放弃了尼罗河之后
you need a new quest.
你需要新的探险
Perhaps I do.
或许是的
And you shouldn't be vain about needing spectacles, you know.
你可不该因为缺一副眼镜功亏一篑
You're a strapping sort of man all told.
你身材这般魁梧
Well, I suppose I'm...
我想我...
courting after a fashion.
正在追求新欢
Sir Malcolm, you vanquish me.
马尔科姆爵士 我为您所折服
Who's the lucky lady?
那位幸运的女士是谁
You know her, in fact.
事实上 你认识她的
I first met her at your house.
我第一次遇见她是在你家
Mrs. Poole.
普尔夫人
Oh, yes, our clairvoyant friend.
没错 我们那位洞察力惊人的朋友
You might... well, proceed with caution, eh?
或许您应该谨慎行事
I have no choice but to. I remain married.
我必须谨慎 我仍未离婚
All for the best then.
那自然是最好的了
Those little dalliances just can get so Byzantine.
这些暧昧关系有时会变得过于错综复杂
My past is littered with overly Byzantine dalliances
我以前生活中充满了各种过于复杂的暧昧关系
from Stoke-on-Trent to Budapest.
从特伦特河畔斯托克到布达佩斯处处留情
I think she came from my father.
我认为她是我父亲派来的
Why?
为什么
He wants me to come home. He's sent others before.
他想让我回家 之前就派过别人来
What was her name?
她叫什么
Alias, more like.
应该是化名
Hecate, she said.
她说她叫赫卡忒
It's some kind of Greek sea goddess.
是某个希腊海洋女神的名字
That was a lie as well.
那也是个谎言
Hecate wasn't a sea goddess.
赫卡忒不是海洋女神
She was a moon goddess, and bringer of magic.
她是冥月女神 掌管妖术
And also a character in Macbeth,
也是《麦克白》中的一个角色
the Protector of Witches.
女巫的保护者
She didn't look like a witch.
她看上去不像个女巫
And would an old crone have attracted your eye?
老太婆能吸引你的注意吗
No, Mr. Chandler,
不 钱德勒先生
they can assume many guises, like a chameleon on a leaf.
她们的伪装千变万化 如同叶子上的变色龙
In their natural state, they're more... memorable.
然而她们的真实形态则更令人...难忘
She was some chameleon then.
那她确实伪装得不错
Do you feel like some coffee?
要来杯咖啡吗
No, thank you.
不用了 谢谢
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
Vanessa...
温妮莎
come and look at this.
过来看看这个
Well, don't you look fetching?
你这身打扮很帅嘛
I'll do that.
交给我吧
I don't mind. Pays for my keep.
我不介意 只当报收留之恩
Pays for my keep.
我才是报收留之恩
She should eat more.
她应该多吃点
You worry about her, don't you?
你很担心她吧
She's a lioness. She does not worry me.
她是头母狮 我不担心她
But you worry about Sir Malcolm.
但是你担心马尔科姆爵士
Can I ask you a question? Can I stop you?
我能问你个问题吗 我拦得住你吗
Were you a hunter where you came from?
你在你来的地方是一名猎人吗
Partly.
部分算是吧
What was the other part?
那另外一部分呢
Private.
这是隐私
I should get you an apron.
我该给你弄条围裙
"In the great war for the Heavenly Throne, we were vanquished..."
"在争夺天堂王座之战中 我们落败了..."
"So God looked down on His defeated angels and He..."
"上帝俯视着他被击溃的天使 他..."
"Found us to be evil angels,
"发现我们成了邪恶的天使
so He cast us out.
于是将我们驱逐
He took..." "Us by our winged backs
他抓住..." "抓住我们的翼背
and raised us over His head. Thence..."
将我们举过头顶 接着..."
Thence? Cast us to Hell?
接着什么 将我们打入地狱吗
Does any of this strike a chord in you, Vanessa?
这有没有让你想起些什么 温妮莎
Yes.
有
My friend, the Cut Wife, said to me...
我的朋友 那个割婆 曾告诉我
"When Lucifer fell, he did not fall alone."
"路西法堕天时 坠落的可不只他一个"
And the Demon's purpose in telling his tale?
那恶魔为什么要讲述自己的故事
A prophecy.
这是一则预言
Give it a thought.
想想看
Lucifer tells a past tense narrative to a monk.
路西法对修士讲述过去的故事
Why?
为什么
Just so his history can be recorded?
只是为了记录下历史吗
No.
不
If we accept the Devil walks amongst us today...
如果我们承认如今魔鬼行走于世间
we must consider this is meant to be part
我们必须把这当作
of an ongoing story,
正在发生的故事的一部分
that it has relevance now.
与当下息息相关
It's possible he wasn't just recounting the past
他很可能并不仅仅是在叙述历史
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表