剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
我们总是挨饿、挨冻、筋疲力尽
We were always starved, cold, worn to the bone.
时不时地 某些情况会发生变化
Every now and then, something would change.
疲惫的迷雾会散去
The fog of exhaustion would lift…
也许是某人讲述的故事
A story someone told maybe,
或者某人♥妻♥子或姐妹的来信
a letter from someone's wife or sister.
有时 毫无缘由地
Sometimes, it came from nowhere.
你会在晚上醒来
But ye'd wake to it, in the night.
在黑暗中
In the dark.
似乎闻到躺在你身边的女人的味道
Like the smell of a woman lying next to you.
记忆 渴望
Memory, longing…
需要
need.
有些男人会找其他囚犯泄欲
Some men would reach out to another.
有时 被触碰的人喊叫着 连拍带打地拒绝
Sometimes to be rebuffed by shouts or blows.
有时不会
Sometimes not.
汤姆呢? -不
And Tom? -No. Hmm.
汤姆只会往肚子里咽
Tom turned inward.
我很幸运 你把我从黑暗中拉了回来
I was lucky. You helped pull me back from the darkness.
你到达阿兹墨的时候 他已经在里面了 不是吗?
He was already at Ardsmuir when you arrived, wasn't he?
你们俩同时离开的吗?
And then you both left at the same time?
监狱关闭时 一起出的狱
When the prison was closed, aye.
汤姆被送到殖民地 为雇主干活儿
Tom was transported to the colonies to serve his indenture.
为什么? -玛尔娃
Why? -Malva.
她应该是18岁 不是吗?
She would be 18. Wouldn't she?
汤姆妻子怀上她时 他应该还在阿兹墨里吧
Wouldn't Tom have still been at Ardsmuir when she was conceived?
也许他到殖民地后再婚了
Maybe he remarried when he arrived in the colonies.
有没有男人碰过你?
Did any of the men ever touch you?
没有
No.
没有人会有碰我的想法 我是他们的头儿
No one would ever think to touch me. I was their Chief.
他们爱戴我 永远不会有人有碰我的想法
They loved me. None would think ever to touch me.
你有过想要他们的想法吗? -没有过
Did you ever want them to? -No.
我渴望得到一只手的抚摸 仅此而已
I hungered for the touch of a hand. Only that.
我对此极为渴望
I longed for it.
胜于对食物和睡眠的渴望
More than food, more than sleep.
虽然我最渴望睡觉
Though I longed most desperately for sleep.
不仅是因为睡觉解乏
Not only for the sake of tiredness,
还因为睡觉的时候 我梦见了你
for when I slept, I dreamt of you.
我哥哥告诉我你是位厉害的猎人
My brother tells me you're a fearsome hunter.
算是吧
Aye, I suppose.
因此我才能吃得饱饱的
Keeps me well fed. -
我父亲问我必须怎样做
As I used to say when my father'd ask me
才能避免堕入地狱的火坑 我的回答也差不多
what I must do to avoid the fiery pits of Hell.
“一定要吃好 小心翼翼 不要死掉”
"Be sure to eat well, and take good care not to die."
你父亲…
Well, yer father is, uh…
肯定难以承担那么高的期望
Must be difficult to live with the burden of such high expectations.
有时 我认为人们会犯错误 做错事
Sometimes I think people make mistakes and do the wrong thing.
但也许是出于正确的原因
But perhaps for the right reasons.
我想你叔叔不介意你做什么吧
I suppose your uncle doesn't mind much what you do?
不在乎你脸上有记号♥ 也不在乎你不是…
That you've markings on your face. Or that you're not…
一个基♥督♥徒 我猜?
a Christian, I suppose?
我不知道我是什么人
I dinna ken what I am
也不知道我相信什么
or what I believe.
但我跟杰米叔叔永远都是家人
But I'll always have a home with Uncle Jamie.
如果我开口 他会把他身上的外套脱下来给我
He'd give me the coat off his back if I asked him.
我不开口 他也会的
Or without asking either. -
他爱你如子喽?
He loves you as his own son then?
是的
Aye.
他给了我一些土地让我耕种
He's given me some land of my own to farm.
那结账日时 你交地租吗?
Must you pay him rent for Quarter Day?
还没有 我一直都没有种田
No, not yet. I havena been farmin'.
我不知道是否会跟他们生活
I dinna ken if my place is here with them,
也不知道要跟他们生活多久
or for how long.
不然你还能去哪里呢?
Where else would it be?
他一定认为你很有价值 很能干
He must think you're very worthy and capable.
是的
Aye.
一个有价值的人
A man of worth.
它们有什么特殊含义吗?
Do they mean something?
我做了很多引以为豪的事
That I've done much that
也做了很多让自己后悔的事
I'm proud of and much that I regret.
这么说 你活过 -是的
You've lived then. -I have.
我想 活过并不是罪孽
There's no sin in that, I suppose.
不是的
No.
根本就不是
None at all.
多久了?一周了?
What has it been? A week now?
愈合得很好
Ah. That's healing nicely.
好 你一直在做练习吗? -是的
Good. You've been doing your exercises? -Yes.
是的
Yes.
我期待再次用上这只手
I look forward to having its use returned to me.
我一直难以入睡
I've been having trouble sleeping.
所以 我下来读一会儿书 我觉得读书很有帮助
So I come down and read for a bit. I find it helps.
你看小说吗?
Do you read novels?
是的
Uh, yes.
你读过《汤姆琼斯》吗? -没读过
Have you read Tom Jones before? -No.
我妻子看小说
My wife. She read novels.
但我不赞成 那时候不赞成
But I did not approve of it. Then.
我把它们都扔掉了
I threw them all away.
肯定惹她不高兴了吧
Can't imagine she was very pleased about that.
可不是
She was not.
是什么改变了你的想法? -阿兹墨
So what changed your mind? -Ardsmuir.
那里没有书
We had no books there,
但弗雷泽先生总把他读过的故事
but Mr. Fraser was accustomed to recount the stories he had read
讲给其他囚犯听
to the other prisoners.
讲的不是《汤姆琼斯》 是其他的书
Not Tom Jones, but others.
我明白了 小说可能不是我想象的那样
And I saw that fiction was perhaps not as I had thought,
并不只是懒惰和邪恶幻想的诱因
merely an inducement of idleness and wicked fancy,
充斥着甜美的谎言
a confection of lies.
当然 说谎和
Surely there's a difference between lying
讲个引人入胜的故事是有区别的
and telling a distracting tale.
确实引人入胜了 这点可以肯定
It was distraction, to be sure.
在那种情况下 分散注意力并不邪恶
In such conditions, distraction is, uh, not evil.
当然 通过祷告而逃离现实更可取
While it is, of course, more desirable to escape into prayer.
当然
Of course.
但故事把大家都吸引到了一起
But it drew the men together.
你以为这些人 农夫 高地人
You would not think that such men, crofters, Highlanders,
在那种情况下 不会有感同身受的能力
would find themselves in sympathy with such situations.
他们…
They were…
他们挨饿、挨冻
They were starved, cold,
浑身长疮 与家人分离
covered in sores, separated from their families.
然而 他们却从故事中得到了欣慰
Yet they could take comfort in never
因为自己没像这些人物一样
having suffered such vicissitudes
经历了那么多的磨难
as had befallen these imaginary beings.
你想借去读吗?
Would you like to borrow it?
哦 不 那可不行
Oh, no, no. I couldn't.
请你一定拿着 会非常“引你入胜”的
Please, I insist. It will be a good distraction for you.
几天后 我会去取
And I will come and retrieve it in a few days
我得去检查你的手
when I come to check on your hand.
那好吧
Well, then, uh…
那就谢谢你了
I must thank you.
我想告诉你
I meant to say that…
理查德布朗今早来我们的定居点了
Richard Brown came by our settlement this morning.
说他领导的安全委员会可以保护我们
He offered us the protection of his Committee of Safety,
如果我们需要的话
should we have the need of it.
我希望你拒绝了
I hope you refused him.
那个人是…他不可信
That man is… He's not to be trusted.
请进
Please, come in.
你好 姑娘
Good day, lass.
弗雷泽先生 您吓了我一跳
Oh, Mr. Fraser, you startled me.
我父亲喜欢蘑菇 所以 我一直在找木耳
My father is fond of mushrooms so I was looking for wood-ears.
你结婚后离家 你父亲可怎么办啊?
What will your father do when you've wed and left his house?
我想 他得招人照顾自己了
He'll need someone to do for him, I expect.
我没急着结婚 先生
I dinna mean to be wed anytime soon, sir.
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表