剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
我是说 破水的前一天晚上
I mean, the night before the waters broke.
胎儿总这样
They often do that.
快出来之前得休息一下
Rest up before their grand entrance.
我只是…
I have just…
我最近很笨拙 有点累而已
I've been clumsy of late. Wee bit tired is all…
腹部疼过吗?
Have you been having any pain in
出过血吗?
your belly or any bleeding at all?
没有
No.
那好
Well…
马上就要生了 得看护好你
We best keep a careful eye on you at this late stage.
弗格斯在家时 一定要让他好好照顾你
Make sure Fergus looks after you, when he's at home.
你不应该追着小孩子跑来跑去
You shouldn't be running around after the little ones
也不应该做家务
and doing the housework as well.
你找人吗?
Can I help you?
你好 你是哪位?
Good day. And who might you be?
我问你还差不多
I might ask you the same thing,
因为是你敲的门
since you knocked the door.
别人告诉我这里是弗雷泽岭 所以…
I was given to understand that this is Fraser's Ridge, so…
我是罗格麦肯齐 弗雷泽先生的女婿
I'm Roger MacKenzie. I'm Mr. Fraser's son-in-law.
那我可以和弗雷泽先生谈谈吗?
Might I speak with Mr. Fraser then?
恐怕他和妻子现在都不在家
I'm afraid he and his wife are out at present.
请进
Please, come in.
也许我可以为您效劳 您是…
Perhaps I can be of service to you, Mr…
托马斯克里斯蒂
Thomas Christie.
也许你能帮上忙 麦肯齐先生
Yes. Perhaps you may, Mr. MacKenzie.
有人告诉我 弗雷泽先生可能
I was told that Mr. Fraser might be in a position
能够帮助我定居
to put something suitable my way.
我在巴…
I found it in the ba…
这位是布丽安娜麦肯齐 我妻子
Uh, this is Brianna MacKenzie, my wife.
-布丽安娜 这位是克里斯蒂先生
-Brianna, this is Mr. Christie.
-幸会
-Nice to meet you.
我的儿子和女儿也和我一起来了
Uh, my son and daughter have come with me too.
其余 还有几位
And a few others,
来自故乡的渔民
fisherfolk from the old country.
我把他们留在河上游几英里处
I've left them a few miles up the river,
好能先和弗雷泽先生谈谈
so that I could speak with Mr. Fraser first.
他们…
They, uh…
他们无处可去 但是…
They have nowhere to go, but…
我有这个
I did.
您在阿兹墨结识了我父亲?
Oh, you know my father from Ardsmuir?
是的
I do.
我相信您会认识这里的几位居民
There are some faces I'm sure you'll recognize.
罗尼辛克莱 林赛兄弟
Ronnie Sinclair, the Lindsay brothers.
我想您有一阵子没见过他们了
A while since you've seen them, I imagine.
希望不会给你们添麻烦
I hope it isn't an inconvenience.
怎么会呢?
Nonsense.
您来找我们 我们很高兴
No, delighted to have you and glad to help.
弗雷泽先生的朋友 我们都欢迎
Any friend of Mr. Fraser's is welcome.
欢迎来到弗雷泽岭
Welcome to the Ridge.
谢谢你
Thank you.
您一定饿了 我给您做点吃的
You must be hungry. I'll make you some food
您一边吃 一边等吧
while we wait for my parents.
请
Please.
谢谢
Thank you.
在监狱服刑之后 您一定被分配了职位吧 我想
So you'll have been indentured after prison, I take it.
当了教师 我的雇主去世了
As a schoolmaster. My, uh, employer died.
抱歉
Oh, I'm sorry.
-先生 我想要的不是同情 -不 我很理解
-It's not pity I want, sir. -No, of course not.
我也算当过教师
I'm something of a schoolmaster myself.
曾经当过一阵子
Or was, once upon a time.
-这里有校舍吗? -还没有
Is there a schoolhouse on the Ridge?
但我们打算建一所学校
No, not yet. But we do intend to build one.
我一直在教我儿子写字
For now, I've been teaching my wee lad his letters.
先得建教堂
As long as there's a church.
先为上帝建造房♥屋
A man must surely build a house for God
才能为自己建造房♥屋
before building a home for himself.
我们倒是还没建教堂呢
Aye, well, we don't have a church yet either,
但我父亲可能会说同样的话
but that sounds like something my father would have said.
他曾是牧师
He was a minister.
当然 他是长老会的
Of course he was Presbyterian.
我的家人是新教♥徒♥
My side of the family is Protestant.
我不是天主教♥徒♥
I am not Catholic.
在阿兹墨 我们中有些人
There were some of us at Ardsmuir who
只希望苏格兰的利益
merely wanted Scotland's
而不是教皇的利益
interests best served,
得到最大的满足
rather than the Pope's.
孩子们在问各种各样的问题
The wee ones were asking all sorts of questions.
我不得不说 英格兰人
And I have to say, Sassenach,
我不知道如何解释不是鹳
I was not sure how to explain that it isnae the stork
送来了新生儿
who'll be bringing the new bairn.
我们回来了 见了玛莎莉
We're back. We saw Marsali.
怎么也想不到我会再见到你
There's a face I never thought I'd see again.
汤姆克里斯蒂
Tom Christie.
詹姆斯弗雷泽
James Fraser.
我怀着谦卑的感激之情站在你面前
I stand before you in humble gratitude.
由于克里斯蒂先生是阿兹墨的囚犯 我以为…
With Mr. Christie being an Ardsmuir man, I assumed that…
我马上就对他表示了欢迎
Well, I welcomed him right away.
当然 很高兴见到你 汤姆
Of course. Good to see you, Tom.
您留下来吧 在这里定居
To stay, that is. To settle here.
你女儿很好心 请我吃了点东西
Your daughter was kind enough to offer me a bite to eat.
很好
Good.
这位是我妻子 克莱尔弗雷泽
This is my wife, Claire Fraser.
你有足够的物资 供所有的新定居者使用吗?
Do you have enough supplies for all the newcomers?
但愿如此
I hope so.
你要开酒吧?
Opening a bar?
我正在蒸馏乙♥醚♥做麻醉剂
I am distilling ether for anesthetic.
-相当激进 -我觉得说它“有革命性”更恰当
-Hmm. Pretty radical. -I prefer the term "revolutionary."
很多人很快就会使用那个词
A lot of folk will be using that term soon enough.
心灵和思想的革命
Revolution of hearts and minds.
可不是嘛
Hmm. Isn't that true?
我很高兴 你没有变得消沉
I'm so glad you didn't lose your heart and your spirit.
我希望你照顾好自己
And I hope that you are taking care of yourself.
我很好 亲爱的
I'm fine, darling.
以前有过一阵子 别人问我
There was a time when someone asked me,
我也会说“我很好”
I'd say "I'm fine" too.
你最近在做什么?
What have you been doing lately?
在做什么新鲜事吗?
Have you been working on anything new?
没有 我设计了一些东西 但是…
Not really. I have some designs, but…
但是什么?你画在纸上的设计稿很好 画得也很好
But what? You have designs on paper, well and good,
但如果只停留在纸上 就不好了
but not if they remain there.
-我是说… -什么?
-I mean… -What?
只是…妈妈 你身上发生的事…
It's just… Momma, with what happened to you…
布丽 你不敢做自己
Bree, you can't live your life afraid
那样是没法过活的
of being who you are.
我知道 但我不希望
I know. But I don't want the folk
这里的人们害怕我的想法
on the Ridge to be afraid of my ideas.
他们可能会害怕 但你不能担心那件事
Well, they might be. But you can't worry about that.
我们只是想馈赠我们的知识
We're just trying to make their lives better,
让他们的生活更美好
using our knowledge as a gift.
有些人会欣赏你的发明
And some will appreciate your inventions,
有些人不会
some won't.
告诉你吧
I'll tell you what,
如果有人♥大♥惊小怪
if anyone makes a fuss,
我们提醒他们
we'll just remind them
罗马人有过管道系统
that the Romans used to have plumbing
和地暖呢
and underfloor heating.
地暖?
Underfloor heating?
水车我还没设计完呢
Well, I'm still at the water wheel stage,
所以…
so…
来吧 看我们 能不能帮上这些渔民的忙
Come on, let's go see if we can help these fisherfolk.
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表