剧集 | 重案组(2012) | 导航列表
Plead the what?
引用什么
All right, the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution
好吧 宪法第五修正案
lets you refuse to say anything under oath
是保证你在发誓之后有权拒绝
that the State can then use to prosecute you.
说出任何让政♥府♥用来起诉你的话
That doesn't mean you should keep any information from--
这表示你不用透露所有信息...
Oh, my God. You want me to talk to her again?
老天 你想让我再跟她谈一次
That is bullshit, Sharon!
真是扯淡 纱伦
I am the witness, not the criminal,
我是个目击证人 不是罪犯
and that Emma is attacking me.
而那个艾玛却在攻击我
Let me explain to you
让我给你解释一下
just how important you are to this process.
你对这件事来说有多么重要
A man who raped and killed five young girls
一个奸♥杀♥了五名年轻女性的男人
could end up going free...
有可能会逍遥法外
unless you speak up.
除非你站出来作证
Is that what you want to happen?
你想看着他无罪释放吗
No. No. No, Sharon.
不 不 不是的 纱伦
Obviously, I don't want that to happen.
显然我不想这样
But even-- even if I-I plead the Fifth or whatever,
但是就算...就算我引用第五修正案
people will find out about me.
人们还是会知道我的秘密
They will.
他们会知道的
And they will also find out...
而且他们也会知道
that under...
在这种...
very difficult circumstances
非常纠结的情况下
and against your own best interests
拉什蒂·贝克不顾自己的利益
that Rusty Beck was the kind of person
有足够的勇气挺身而出
who was brave enough to do the right thing.
去做正确的事情
And whatever I can do to help you talk with Emma,
而对于你跟艾玛谈话的事
I promise you I will do.
我保证尽我所能来帮助你
All right?
好不好
I assume progress has been made?
我想我们应该有所进展吧
Lieutenants Flynn and Provenza are out
富林副队和普罗文茨副队出去了
picking up Martin Elliot's fake-alibi witness.
去找揭穿马丁·艾略特不在场证明的证人
Jennifer O'Brien.
詹妮弗·奥布莱恩
She's acting in a movie he's filming right now.
她是他目前执导的一部电影中的演员
Honestly, I've been thinking about it,
说实话 我一直在想
and the tape of Elliot asking someone to lie for him
艾略特 叫人为他撒谎的录像带就是
is all I need to go to trial on murder one.
这个一级谋杀案庭审上我需要的全部证据
Trial?
庭审
Who wants to go to trial? What are you talking about?
谁说要庭审了 你在说什么
I want to put the killer in jail for life today.
我今天就要让那个杀人犯被判终身监禁
Okay, hold on--
好啦 等一下
You want a deal. I know.
你想让他认罪 我知道
But you have no witnesses, nothing under his fingernails,
但你没有证人 他的指甲下是干净的
huge time-of-death issues,
死亡时间还有那么多疑问
and juries love patterns--
再说陪审团最喜欢模式犯罪
two wives, two drug deaths, maybe two knives,
俩老婆 两起毒杀 或许还有两把刀
a mistress during every marriage.
每段婚姻都出现了情妇
I can win this. Really?
我肯定能赢 真的吗
And what if Jennifer is, as you suggest, his mistress?
如果正如你暗示 珍妮弗是她的情妇怎么办
The defense will say that she killed the wife
辩方会说是她杀了他老婆
in order to get her boyfriend's money and his fancy house.
这样就能得到她男友的钱财和漂亮的房♥子
Have you thought about that?
你有想过这件事吗
Am I the only person here who understands
难道只有我一个人明白
that we can't hold Mr. Elliot much longer
我们如果不逮捕艾略特 先生
without arresting him?
就没法再关着他不放了
And if we let him go and he kills someone else,
如果我们放了他 他又去杀人
we'll be facing huge liability issues.
我们就得面对巨大的责任问题
I've never had a detective try
还从来没有一个探长
and talk me out of filing charges before.
试图说服我不要提起诉讼的
That's because you're new to the big-profile homicides.
因为面临这种备受瞩目的谋杀案你是新手
You see, we don't just arrest people anymore, Emma.
我们不再只是逮捕嫌犯 艾玛
We help get them convicted.
还得要协助给他们定罪
Now, do you want to alter that dynamic?
而你现在是不是要改变这一状态呢
Should I call the DA
我要不要打电♥话♥给地方检察官
and ask if you represent a change in policy?
问问你是否能代表政策的变化呢
If I may, some advice.
我想给你一点建议
Too much pressure can backfire
像这样的谋杀案调查
in a murder investigation like this.
如果压力太大就会适得其反
Is that a knock on me wanting to interview your foster son today?
你在暗示我今天找你养子谈话的事吗
One of the nice things about me, DDA Rios,
我这个人有个优点 里奥斯副检察官
is that when I'm really unhappy about something,
就是如果我对某件事真的很不爽
people never have to ask.
那么别人不用问就知道
Fine.
好吧
For now, Martin Elliot is your problem,
马丁·艾略特现在是你的事
and Rusty Beck is mine.
我的事则是拉什蒂·贝克
I expect to finish my conversation with him today,
我希望今天就能跟他谈完
as promised.
就像我们说好的那样
Okay.
好了
So...
那么...
what if this Jennifer O'Brien, Martin's fake-alibi witness,
万一马丁的假证人詹妮弗·奥布莱恩
doesn't cooperate with you?
不肯合作怎么办
Uncooperative witnesses are becoming a specialty of mine.
对付不合作的证人已经要成为我的专长了
We just need to get Jennifer in the right frame of mind
我们只需让詹妮弗调整到正确的心态
and ask her the proper questions.
问她一些合适的问题就好了
What kind of questions?
什么样的问题
Why are we parking here?
我们为什么要把车停在这里
Geez. The woman lives a block away.
老天 这女人住在一个街区之外呢
And why are you walking like a clown?
你为什么像个小丑一样走路
I've got a physical in a month.
我有一个月的理疗计划
I'm doing 10,000 steps a day.
每天这样走一万步
It lowers my pulse.
这样能降低我的脉搏数
You should try it.
你也应该试试这么做
I didn't get a trophy for outlasting my entire class
我可不是因为数脚步锻炼比别人活得长
by counting my steps.
而得到了奖杯
Oh, yeah? So, what's your secret, then?
是吗 那你的秘诀是什么
My doctor has a problem with my health,
我的医生说我健康方面有点问题
I get my X-rays touched up.
我拍了个X光片
And I stopped drinking alcohol and switched to white wine.
然后我就停喝烈酒 改喝白葡萄酒
You know...
你知道吗
I don't really know why I'm working at all.
我压根不知道为什么要工作
I'm not counting my steps. I'm retracing them.
我不是在前进而是在重复原路
I should just retire, play golf.
我退休算了 打打高尔夫
"Play golf."
打高尔夫
And what are you gonna do the week after that?
那之后的星期你准备干嘛
Good morning.
早上好
Lieutenant Flynn, Lieutenant Provenza, LAPD.
洛杉矶警局的副队富林和普罗文茨
We would like you to come downtown with us
麻烦占用您点时间和我们去趟市里
for an hour or so to discuss Martin Elliot.
我们想问点关于马丁·艾略特的事
Well, um...
这个
I heard what happened to his wife.
我听说她妻子的事了
But, you know, I don't really know Martin outside work.
但是我和马丁在工作之余没有太多接触
Hmm. Me either.
我也没有
Who is it, babe?
宝贝是谁啊
Uh... uh, this is my husband, Danny.
这是我丈夫 丹尼
Um, it's the police-- about Martin.
是警♥察♥ 来问马丁的事
Just-- uh, one second, officers.
请等我一下 警官
Husband.
丈夫
Danny's an actor, too.
丹尼也是个演员
It's hard for him when I'm working and he's not.
我有戏演而他没有 他有些难过
Plus, dealing with all the extra stuff
而且还要应付
that Martin wants me to do.
马丁的额外要求
Like... what extra stuff?
比如什么额外要求
Well, Martin loves rehearsing.
马丁喜欢排演
I bet.
是啊
And where do you do that?
你们在哪排练
Uh, the stage, the parking lot, the location.
舞台 停车场 外景地
Night before last, we were working in his trailer
前晚大概从7点到10点
from like 7:00 to 10:00-- something like that.
我们都在他房♥车里
I thought you said we were going downtown.
你不是说我们要去市里
Why -- why are we at Martin's house?
怎么来马丁家了
剧集 | 重案组(2012) | 导航列表