Then when he got five quid for it, why,
最后他之后拿到了五英镑
it was all they could do
是哥哥们凑起来的 要不
to stop him from sawing off the rest of them.
他就要把剩下的趾头都锯下来啦
God, what's keeping you guys with that box?
天 你们还没找到吗
Here it is, Dad.
找到了 老爸
Gosh, this is a virtual treasure trove of memorabilia.
这简直是追寻过去的寻宝游戏
Can't believe what's in this.
里面居然有这么多宝贝
Choir ribbons, Most Improved Badminton.
唱诗班丝带 进步最大羽毛球奖
Oh, yes. The tap dance certificate.
嗯 踢踏舞证
Yeah, I remember going through that box with your mother.
嗯 我常常和你妈妈一起翻这个盒子
She always knew just what to say to cheer me up.
她总是知道应该说什么让我开心
"So what if the trophy
"奖杯上写的是'棒球'还是
says 'Baking' instead of 'Baseball', Marty.
'烘焙'有什么关系呢 Marty
Catcher's mitts or oven mitts, they're our little champions."
无论是接球手还是厨师 他们都是我们的冠军"
Now, wait, this is report cards. This might be something.
等等 我找到个报告单 可能就是IQ测试的
Well, here they are.
还真是
Congratulations, Frasier. One twenty-nine.
恭喜你 Frasier 129分
Is that good?
这算高吗
Oh, good? It's practically genius. Bravo, Frasier.
何止高 简直就是天才啊 Frasier 你真厉害
Listen up, Niles, now.
好了 Niles
Where are you? Higher or lower?
你呢 高还是低啊
I don't see mine yet. I am...
我还没看我的呢 我的成绩
...higher.
要高点
Well, congratulations. I doff my hat to you, Mr. 131.
祝贺你了 脱帽致礼 131先生
Higher.
再高一点
What do you mean, higher? Mom told us we were two points apart.
什么叫再高一点 妈妈说咱们就差2分啊
Well, apparently, Mom was being tactful.
很明显 妈妈处理得很圆滑
How tactful?
有多圆滑
Well... Give me that!
这个吧 把成绩单给我
One fifty-six. My God, that's...
156分 天呐 这差了
Twentyseven points. Yes, I know!
27分 我知道
I never should have told you guys about the box.
我就不应该告诉你们有这个盒子
No, no, Dad, I'm fine with this.
没事 老爸 我没事
The entire point of this exercise was to prove
找这个就是为了证明
that Niles and I have moved beyond our competitiveness.
Niles和我不再争强好胜了
And we have. I'm very proud of my little brother.
我们也确实做到了 我为我的弟弟骄傲
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
And I am proud of how mature you are being about all of this.
我也为你的成熟大度感到骄傲
In fact, if there were a test for maturity,
实际上 如果有个成熟度测试
I think your score would be much...
你的成绩一定会很
Niles, that's enough.
Niles 不用安慰我了
You know what? I suggest
这样吧 我觉得
that we go ahead and call it a night, Niles.
今天晚上就这样吧 Niles
We want to be nice and refreshed for our meeting
我们明天得精神饱满的
with the three geniuses tomorrow.
去和那三个天才见面啊
Or in my case, the four geniuses.
不过对我来说 应该是四个天才
Oh, now, you, well...
这个 哎呀 你
Good night, Dad. Well, I'll meet you at the restaurant.
晚安 老爸 明天餐厅见
Oh, good night, Niles. Yeah, okay.
晚安 Niles 嗯
Sleep tight. You too.
好好休息 你也是
Daphne, is that university library open all night?
Daphne 大学图书馆是通宵都开着呢吗
I think so. Why do you ask? Oh, for God's sake.
应该吧 怎么了 哦 还用说吗
Do you think I'm going to let my little brother humiliate me tomorrow?
如果你觉得我会听任我弟明天羞辱我 那你就错了
What the hell are you talking about?
你说什么呢
Dad, he is smarter than I am.
老爸 他比我聪明
Niles will be sitting there rambling on with the geniuses about the cosmos,
明天Niles会和天才们说什么宇宙啊
black holes, matter, anti-matter, and I won't matter at all.
黑洞 物质 反物质什么的 而我只能坐着干瞪眼
I'm going to have to make myself a nice thermos full of coffee
我得装上一瓶热咖啡
and get down to that library.
然后去图书馆
Frasier, what do you think you're gonna learn in one night?
Frasier 你觉得一晚上能学到什么啊
Just enough to ask some informed questions, Dad.
起码能问点有深度的问题 老爸
I may not have a 156 IQ, but I am a quick study.
我也许没有156的IQ 但我学得快
Daphne, is there something wrong with this coffee pot?
Daphne 咖啡壶坏了吗
You have to plug it in.
你得插插销
Well, there. You won't have to tell me that again.
瞧 这个你就不用再告诉我第二遍
Hello, Niles.
Hello Niles
Frasier. Sleep well last night?
Frasier 昨晚睡得怎么样
Oh, yes. Like a baby.
挺好的 像婴儿一样酣睡整晚
Like a baby with library privileges.
是在图书馆里学习的婴儿吧
I know what you did.
我知道你都干了什么
How?
怎么知道的
The way you rushed me out of there last night.
昨天你那么急着轰我出门
I sensed something was up so I waited in my car,
我就知道有问题 所以等在车里
and sure enough, ten minutes later you tore out of your garage.
果然 10分钟之后就看你开车走了
Oh, Niles, I'm so sorry. It's just that...
Niles 对不起 我只是
No, no, no, I don't wanna hear any more of your facile excuses.
够了 够了 我不想再听你瞎掰的借口了
Excuse me. Gesundheit.
抱歉 长命百岁
I'm sorry, I think your competitiveness has sunk to a new low.
不好意思 你的好胜心把你的人品都拉低了
Please, I'm ashamed of you.
真为你感到羞耻
Please, I'm terribly sorry.
你不要怪我啊 我十分抱歉
It's just I was so insecure
只是觉得带着我那点智商来这吃饭
about even coming to this luncheon at all.
太没安全感了
Wait a minute.
等等
You just scratched your ear.
你抓了耳朵
You were at the library too.
你昨天也在图书馆
I most certainly was not.
我确定一定以及肯定没有
The only thing that makes you sneeze and scratch your ear
能让你打喷嚏和抓耳朵的
is your parchment-mite allergy!
就是羊皮纸螨虫过敏症
So that was you sneezing from behind the stacks all night.
原来在书架后面打了一晚上喷嚏的是你
Oh, I had to go.
呃 我必须得去
I knew you'd be racing through those scientific journals faster
你浏览那些科学杂♥志♥的速度
than a proton in a particle accelerator.
比质子在粒子加速器里的速度还快
Oh, stop showing off.
你别显摆了行不
Speaking of accelerating particles,
说到加速粒子
do something about that sneezing.
想办法治治你这喷嚏吧
I took some of these before,
我吃过药了
but they're not as strong as I thought.
但是药效没我想得那么强
I'm going to take a couple more.
我得再吃几片
Niles, why don't you just go home and go to bed?
Niles 你还是回家休息一下吧
Oh, that is exactly what you'd like for me to be happening.
哼 你少痴心妄想了
What did you just say?
你说什么
Well, you didn't repeat it the first time,
你都没说第二遍
I'm not gonna listen to it.
我才不听呢
Niles, that medication, it's affecting your speech.
Niles 那些药影响了你的说话能力
You've just taken a second dose of it.
你吃了两倍的药量
For God's sake, you're gonna make a fool out of yourself.
天啦撸 你会出大糗的
Well, you should talk.
哼 你还有心思说我
Look at your shaking hands and your twitchy eyes.
看看你的手和眼睛抽搐成什么了
You were up all night
整晚没睡
drinking coffee all last night, weren't you?
喝了一宿咖啡是吧
I am not twitching. You will not psych me into twitching.
我才没抽搐呢 你少暗示我
Gentlemen, may I offer you a...?
先生们 要不要来点
Sir, is your eye bothering you? No, no, it's fine.
先生 你的眼睛没事吧 没事 挺好的
Can I get you something to drink?
需要喝什么吗
No, thank you. Well, yes, some coffee. Decaf.
不用了 谢谢 呃 还是来点咖啡吧 低咖♥啡♥因♥的
I'd like a cup of tea sounds nice.
茶挺好我要
Very good. You know what, Niles?
好的 你知道吗 Niles
You really should leave. You're embarrassing yourself.
你真该离开 你会让自己难堪的
For God's sakes.
老天爷啊
I'm never leaving while you're still not leaving.
你不走我绝对不走
You know you had the good bed.
你知道你的床好
Well, now, you're just hallucinating.
好了 你现在又出现幻觉了
No, when we moved to Wallace Lane,
不是 当我们搬到华♥莱♥士♥小巷的时候
and we shared a room and you got to pick
咱俩睡一屋 你可以挑你想要的床
where you would be having your sleeping.
睡你的觉
Niles, the beds were identical.
Niles 两张床是一样的
Why am I even bothering to explain this
我♥干♥嘛要费劲
to a man who has his elbow in the butter?
和手肘放黄油里的人解释
Well, who is hallucinationing now?
看看现在是谁出现幻觉了
Niles, have you ever taken these pills before?
Niles 你之前吃过那些药吗
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表