剧集 | 佛西与沃登 | 导航列表
Oh, well, do you like it or not?
我想再听一遍
I want to hear it again.
-丹尼 -我想用这首歌♥ 鲍伯
- Danny? - I want this song, Bob.
从头开始 拜托
From the top, please.
*那多么美好 那多么盛大*
*It's good isn't it grand*
*那多么精彩*
*Isn't it great*
请大声点 我听不到
Volume, please. I can't--I can't hear you.
*那多么有趣*
*Fun isn't it*
继续
Keep going.
*活在当下*
*Nowadays*
*处处是俊男 处处有爵士*
*There's men everywhere, jazz everywhere*
*处处有美酒 处处是生活*
*Booze everywhere, life everywhere*
*处处有欢乐*
*Joy everywhere*
好 行了 行了
Okay, got it. Got it.
嗯 这首歌♥不错
Yeah. No, it's a good song.
我们再来一次
Um, let's do it again.
这次格温和姬塔轮流唱
This time, let's have Gwen and Chita switch out verses.
格温 你唱第一段 姬塔 你唱下一段
Gwen, you take the first one, Chita, you take the next.
然后你们合唱最后一部分
And then do the last section together.
鲍比 这是洛克茜的歌♥
Bobby, th--this is Roxie's song.
我是说 这是格温的歌♥
I mean, it's Gwen's song.
没错 但我觉得应该听听你们俩一起唱
Yeah, I think we should hear you do it together.
丹尼
Danny?
这首歌♥是为洛克茜写的 鲍比
We wrote the song for Roxie, Bobby.
-这是她的剧 而且... -不
- It--it's her show and - No,
-她有权为这部剧结尾 -事实上
- she's earned the right to finish it. - actually,
约翰 这不是她的剧
John, it's not her show.
是她们的剧
It's their show.
这首歌♥不错 可以是首很好的结尾曲
Uh, it's a good song. Could be a good ending.
让她唱这首歌♥吧 鲍比
Just give her the song, Bobby.
我真的很想听你俩一起唱
I'd really like to listen to you do it together.
维尔玛和洛克茜
Velma and Roxie.
-看看行不行 -这太荒谬了
- Let's see if it works. - This is ridiculous.
这样能行 鲍伯
It'll work, Bob.
但这不是我们写这首歌♥的初衷
We're just saying it's not what we wrote.
但我说这样唱对剧更好
And I'm saying it'd be better for the show
-如果你们两位... -对剧更好
- if the two of you-- - Better for the show?
真的吗
Oh, really?
对剧更好 是吗
Better for the show, huh?
你真的这么想吗
Is that really what you think?
是的
Yeah.
我告诉你怎样做能对剧更好
I'll tell you what would have been better for the show.
四个月前开演 并有个不会坚持不懈
Opening four months ago with a director who wasn't hell-bent
折磨观众两小时的导演
on turning it into two hours of misery for the audience.
不是我要求排这部剧的
Hey, I didn't ask to do this show.
不不不 当然不是
Oh, no, no, no. Of course not.
不不 你这么做只是为了帮我们一个大忙
No, no, this is all one big favor you're doing for us.
帮了我们所有人一个大忙
For all of us. Just a big favor.
丹尼 我们能从头来一遍吗
Danny, can we take it from the top?
就像我救你的命也是帮你的忙
Just like my saving your life was a favor.
不让他们把你换掉也是帮你的忙
And not letting them replace you was a favor.
-丹尼 -没有失去一个演员也是
- Danny-- - And not losing a single cast member.
而所有忙里最大的一个
And then there's the biggest favor of all,
就是给了你整个该死的职业生涯
which is your entire fucking career.
哈尔想让你导演《失魂记》时我本可以拒绝
I could have said no when Hal wanted you for "Damn Yankees."
你想导《红发女郎》时我也可以拒绝
And I could have said no when you wanted to direct "Redhead."
我本可以让你一辈子做一个失败的秃头舞者
I could have let you stay a failed bald dancer.
美国著名电影演员 舞者 舞台剧演员
梦想着成为弗雷德·阿斯泰尔
A wannabe Fred Astaire.
但我把你抗在背上
But I picked you up on my back.
一路前行
And I carried you.
从《生命的旋律》到《歌♥厅》
Through "Charity." Through "Cabaret."
一直是我背着你往前走
I've been carrying you the whole goddamn time,
但你却从未因此而原谅我
and you have never forgiven me for it.
因为你很清楚 如果我得到了这首歌♥
But you know damn well if I get this song,
这就会是我的剧 而不是你的剧
it'll be my show and not yours,
一想到这个你就无法忍♥受 是吗
and you can't stand the thought of it, can you?
你就是无法忍♥受这个事实
You just can't stand the fact that
明星是我 而不是你
I'm the star, not you.
好吧 我明白你觉得我在针对你 格温
Well, I can see you're taking this very personally, Gwen.
但事实上是
But the fact of the matter is
二重唱可能真的会更好
it really might be better as a duet.
我们不试一下怎么知道呢
We can't know that until we, uh, give it a try.
我觉得我们听一听 看看感觉如何
I say we give it a listen, see how it feels.
丹尼
Danny?
只要我一个电♥话♥ 你就得离开这个剧组
One call from me and you're gone from the show.
你就得走人
You're gone.
走人 只要一个电♥话♥
Gone. One call.
女士们先生们 维克斯剧场
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Vickers Theatre--
芝加哥最好的家庭娱乐之地
Chicago's finest home of family entertainment--
很荣幸为你们介绍
is proud to announce a first.
自从爵士乐出现以来的第一次
The first time anywhere there's been an act of this nature.
演出的不是一位女士 而是两位
Not only one little lady, but two.
你们都在报纸上读到过她们的故事
You've read about them in the papers,
现在她们就在你们眼前
and now here they are,
芝加哥本地著名的杀手
Chicago's own killer dillers,
两位魅力四射的罪犯
those two scintillating sinners,
洛克茜·哈特和维尔玛·凯利
Roxie Hart and Velma Kelly!
*你可以继续过你现在的生活*
*You can like the life you're living*
*也可以过你想要的生活*
*You can live the life you like*
*甚至可以嫁给哈里*
*You can even marry Harry*
"但依然跟艾克鬼混"
*But mess around with Ike*
芝加哥
首演之夜
*那多么美好 那多么盛大*
*And that's good isn't it grand*
*那多么精彩*
*Isn't it great*
*那多么快活*
*Isn't it swell*
*那多么有趣*
*Isn't it fun isn't it*
*但没什么一成不变*
*But nothing stays*
*大约过五十年吧*
*In 50 years or so*
*你知道生活会变*
*It's gonna change you know*
*但纵情享受当下*
*But oh it's Heaven*
*仿佛置身天堂*
*Nowadays*
拜托 跟我说实话
Come on, tell me the truth.
有一半的独白是你写的 是吗
You wrote half of those monologues, didn't you?
赫比写了剩下那半 对吧
And Herbie wrote the other half, right?
我不知道你在说些什么
I have no idea what you're talking about.
-讨厌 -全部都是鲍比写的
- Oh, stinker. - Bobby wrote the whole thing.
拜托 你们就是帮忙打字吗
Come on, oh, right. You just helped with the typing?
我和赫比 我们就修改了一些
Herbie and I, we just-- we fixed a couple
语法错误 就这样
of grammatical errors, that's all.
我构思了想法
I had the ideas.
他们就是 想出如何用词
All they did was, uh, figure out the, uh, words.
没错 那就叫编剧 鲍伯
Yes, they call that writing, Bob.
他们不如现在就把托尼奖
Well, they might as well give you two all of the Tonys now
-都颁给你俩得了 -别这样说
- and just get it over with. - Stop it.
去告诉你的朋友迈克尔·班尼特
Tell your friend Michael Bennett that.
亲爱的
Sweetheart.
芝加哥
首演后宴会
我给他说完了那套推销的话 好吧
I finished giving him the whole spiel, right?
"这是格温·沃登的个人慈善事业"
"Hey, this is Gwen Verdon's personal charity.
"学校真的需要像您这样的慈善家
"The school really needs philanthropist support
来帮助那些孩子"
like yours to help these kids."
他看着我 问我
He looks at me, he says,
"你觉得我应该给多少钱"
"How much do you think I should give?"
当时我跟罗恩说 如果我们能从这小气鬼手里
And meanwhile I told Ron that if we got a thousand
要到一千美元 我会激动死的
from this tightwad, I'd be thrilled.
所以我看着他
So I'm looking at him,
想着他名下所有的百货公♥司♥
I'm thinking about all the department stores he's got,
我听到自己说
and I hear myself say,
"我觉得一百万美元是个不错的开始"
"I think a million dollars would be a good start."
他给了一千美元
He gave a thousand.
剧集 | 佛西与沃登 | 导航列表