剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表
Aaron's accomplishments would be more than enough
亚伦所达到的成就
for each of you to recommend him enthusiastically.
也足以让在座的所有人全力举荐他了
But we are here.
但我们现在都在这里
At Bellmore Prison,
在贝尔摩监狱
facing the simple question ‐‐
面临着这个简单的问题
will you write somebody off simply because of where they are
你会仅仅因为一个人的处境就否定他本该享受的权利吗
or honestly try to determine who they are?
还是会纯粹地去评估他的能力
Easy for me to say,
我现在敢肯定地说
Aaron Wallace will be a great lawyer.
亚伦·华♥莱♥士♥一定会是一个伟大的律师
It's even easier for me to say
我还敢肯定地说
that he's a more honorable, more decent person
他是一个受人尊敬的 正直的人
than I could ever hope to be.
他是我的楷模
The reason I'm here is to remind you
我在这里就是为了提醒在座的各位
that character is not a product of circumstance.
个人的素质从来就不是由环境来决定的
It's the thing that survives despite it.
而是一种出淤泥而不染的品格
Take a minute.
聊会儿吧
Thanks.
谢谢
I'm proud of you, son.
我为你感到骄傲 儿子
Not there yet, Pop.
我还没成功呢 爸
Oh, no matter what happens, I'm proud of you.
不管怎样 你都是我的骄傲
I always have been.
我一直都以你为豪
We got to go.
我们得出发了
Aaron: And I should hear back in the next month
我应该下个月就能
about that character and fitness, so...
知道个人素质和体能测试的结果了
Anyway, what's going on with you, man?
不提了 你怎么样 兄弟
There's no easy way to say this,
我不知道如何开口
so I'm just gonna come out with it.
我就直说吧
What's wrong?
出什么事了
I'm moving in with Marie.
我要搬去和玛丽住在一起了
You ‐‐
你
Hold on. Hold ‐‐
等会 等
So when I asked you to watch out for her,
所以当我让你照顾她
look in on her,
时不时看看她的时候
I put a dog in the hen house.
我这是引狼入室啊
I'm sure that's what it look like,
可能表面如此
but Marie asked for the divorce months ‐‐
但玛丽想跟你离婚已经好几个月了
You're lucky there's a window between us right now!
你应该庆幸我们之间还有个窗子
I didn't mean for this, Aaron.
我不是故意的 亚伦
Don't tell me that. I just couldn't fight it.
别跟我说 我无法控制自己
Don't you tell me that.
别跟我说这种话
You can't control who you love.
你无法控制你会爱上谁
How long?
多久了
How long has this been going on?
你们俩多久了
It wasn't till she was already leaving you, man.
直到她离开你后 我们才开始的
And she has you telling me.
她让你来告诉我
Nah, man, she doesn't even know I'm here.
不是 她都不知道我来
But I wanted to tell you myself. What?
但是我想亲自告诉你 怎么
Man to man?
男人之间的谈话吗
You been here eight years.
你已经在这里8年了
How long do you expect her to wait?
你还指望她等多久
This is not about her.
这跟她没有关系
Alright? It's about you.
好不好 跟你有关
You a dog.
你卑鄙
You're a dog, and you know it.
你无♥耻♥ 你自己清楚
You're my brother, and I love you.
你是我兄弟 我爱你
But it's time for everyone to move forward.
但是每个人的生活都要继续
You think I'm guilty.
你觉得我真的有罪
I don't ever want to see your ass in here again!
我永远不想在这里看到你
What happened to your face?
你的脸怎么了
Ah, this?
脸吗
Got in a fight with my steering wheel.
被我的方向盘撞了一下
You okay?
你没事吧
I was arrested for my third D.U.I.
我因为第三次酒后驾车被捕了
It seems that I‐I'm being urged
看来我不得不主动辞去
to resign from my State Senate seat,
州参议员的职务
or they'll expel me.
要不然他们会开了我
I'm so sorry to bring in my dark cloud.
很抱歉给你带来坏消息了
No.
没事
I'm glad you're okay.
我很高兴你没事
Clean and serene for five days.
清心寡欲地呆了五天
Good.
很好啊
But, hey, enough about me.
行了 不提我了
Don't tell me you got news.
别告诉我你有消息了
You passed character and fitness.
你通过了个人素质和体能测试
Oh, for real? It's official.
真的吗 官方认证
I'm a lawyer. Yeah.
我是律师了 没错
You can represent clients and practice in a court of law.
你可以在法庭上代表委托人实操了
You made this happen for me.
是你让这一切成为现实
You made it happen yourself.
是你自己让一切变成现实
We do have ‐‐ We have one problem, though.
但是 我们还是有个问题
Without my seat,
没有了职位
I can't run interference for you with the warden.
我不能帮你去找典狱长进行交涉
Interference for what?
为什么交涉
Well, he can't technically prevent you from going to court,
他不能阻止你上法庭
but if he claims that you're a disciplinary problem
但如果他说你有纪律问题
or a security risk,
或存在安全风险
Aaron, that's it.
亚伦 那就完了
There's got to be something I can do.
总有什么我能做的吧
Well, just so happens there are some progressives
恰好监狱委员会里
on the prison board.
有一些进步分子
And a quiet clamoring for change.
还有要求改变的无声呐喊
I'm listening.
我洗耳恭听
Cyrus Hunt's a bad guy.
赛勒斯·亨特是个反面角色
You find a way to prove it,
你想办法去证实这一点
the Board can be swayed.
董事会就会动摇
Reforms are happening all over.
到处都在进行改革
So why are we sitting around here,
所以我们为什么束手就擒
letting Cyrus get medieval on us?
任赛勒斯的摆布
Look, I wouldn't mind a little extra time in the yard
我不介意在院子里多放一会儿风
or a few extra days to make phone calls.
能多打几天电♥话♥
Wonderful.
很好
But a few of us here, we got a good thing going on.
我们中的某些人是在替天行道
And you know the devil you know.
可你知道魔鬼有多可怕
See, now, that's just fear talking.
看到没 你这就是害怕了
We got a chance to get some of our rights back.
现在我们有机会争取回我们的权利
We got to let the man take his swings.
我们不能再让他为非作歹
New warden, huh?
新典狱长 是吧
That glass has got to come down in visitation.
视察的时候必须让他们看到真实情况
So let's say we make these complaints
假设我们如你所愿
that you want us to.
提出控诉
But then Kingpin here, he doesn't follow through.
但是关键人物却没有坚持到底
Now, I don't know about you guys,
我不知道你们怎么想
but I don't want to see any blowback coming.
反正我可是不希望被自己人坑了
There's no guarantees in life.
生活没有绝对
But y'all didn't become shot‐callers by playing it safe.
富贵险中求
McCormick: From a certain drunk senator
这是一个酒鬼参议员提交的
who still has friends on the prison board.
他在监狱里还有一个朋友
He's got the originals.
他有原件
C.O.s are permitted to use force against inmates
杰瑞 狱警允许在某些情况下
in certain circumstances, Jerry, yes.
对囚犯使用武力 的确是
One guy cheeks his meds.
有个人因为偷偷藏药
Guards stomp him in the hole.
守卫就把他扔禁闭室里了
Another guy gets caught with an afro pick.
另一个人被抓到时私藏卷发梳
Week later, his spleen gets ruptured in a beating.
几周后 他因为殴打导致脾脏破裂
There's even a letter of concern from a prison doctor.
甚至还有一封来自监狱医生的信
My captains will be happy to dispute all of these,
我的狱警倒是愿意去争论这些
so...what?
那又怎样
If they subpoenaed medical records
如果他们传讯医疗记录
and hearing reports,
要求开听证会
would these check out?
这些会被核实吗
剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表