剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表
of Mr. Gingrich.
死亡证明
He was found in an alley around the corner from his dwelling
有人在离他家不远的巷子里找到了他
and buried in Potter's Field,
把他埋在了波特的田地里
six days before my client entered that abandoned building
这事就发生在我的委托人进入那座废弃的大楼
and stole a few hundred dollars' worth of copper wire.
偷走了价值几百美元的铜线的六天前
The police didn't do their job,
警方没有尽到职责
prosecution dropped the ball,
检方失职
and previous counsel was derelict
前任律师在道德
in his ethical and legal obligations.
和法律义务上失职
Because of that, the wrong charge was brought.
因此 才对我委托人提出了错误的指控
The proper charge would have carried
正常情况下指控将会加予我的委托人
a sentence of three to five years,
3到5年的刑期
and my client would be walking around a free man as we speak.
而他本应在我们说话的时候就能成为一位自♥由♥人
Everyone failed him the first time around, Your Honor.
法官大人 所有人都辜负了他
Please, let's not do that to him again.
所以请求您 别再这样对他了
Hey, what do you think about that judge?
你觉得那个法官怎么样
You mean, if he's a "Clarence"?
你是说 他是不是像克拉伦斯那样的好法官
I guess we'll find out, huh?
我想我们会知道的
Oh, man.
你真有意思
I'm sorry I never wrote back to you...
我很抱歉你寄给我那封信的时候
when you sent me that letter.
我一直都没有给你回信
I meant to.
我想给你写信的
But I didn't know what to say.
但我不知道该写什么
A day became a week became a month, and then I just...
就这样 一天变成了一周 然后变成了一个月 然后我就
I just thought...
我只是觉得
that it was too late.
太迟了
It's never too late.
永远不会太迟
Micelli: Judge is ready.
法官已经准备好了
Cummings: So, here we are for round two.
现在我们进入第二轮庭审
This case presents some close issues of fact and law,
这个案件提出了一些与事实和法律密切相关的问题
and two things are clear.
其中有两点是明确的
First, the prosecution did not,
首先 检方在
let us say, do an admirable job
调查事实和当事人状况方面
of investigating the facts and circumstances.
做得不够好
And second, that Mr. Wallace has presented a clever argument.
第二 华♥莱♥士♥先生提出了很好的一点
It would seem logical to submit that a dwelling
即当住所的居住者死亡后
is no longer a dwelling when the person residing there has died.
住所就不再是住所 这似乎是合乎逻辑的
However, we have the inconvenient matter of case law.
然而 由于判例法这个案件变得有些棘手
Perhaps, Mr. Wallace, this is a concept
华♥莱♥士♥先生 也许你
that you didn't quite fully grasp
在贝尔摩法学院的函授课程学习中
from your correspondence courses at Bellmore.
没有完全理解这个概念
The New York State Court of Appeals dealt with this issue
纽约州上诉法♥院♥在平民上诉巴尼一案中
directly in People v. Barney.
直接告诉你了答案
I did research that case, Your Honor.
法官大人 我调查过那个案子
The domicile in question in Barney
该案所涉的巴尼的住所
is a private residence with an owner,
是私人住♥宅♥ 有业主
and you can't equate a residence of that kind
所以您不能把这种住♥宅♥
to that of an abandoned building.
直接等同于废弃的建筑
Do you have a precedent to cite for me
你能给我举个先例
that distinguishes the two?
来告诉我这两者的区别吗
N‐No, Your Honor.
没 没有 法官大人
I couldn't find one.
我无法给出先例
That's because it doesn't exist.
那是因为这种先例就不存在
Well, then you have discretion here.
所以因此您就可以在此盖棺定论了
Some judges think it's their job to make law in a courtroom.
一些法官认为在法庭上制定法律是他们的职责
I am not one of those.
但我不是这样的法官
Will you allow me to find a precedent from another state,
那可以允许我以有说服力的权威为依据
under the idea of persuasive authority?
从另一个州找一个先例吗
If you had wanted to take a crack at that,
如果你有此意
the time to do it would have been before
你本应该在今天踏进这里之前
you stepped foot in here today.
就应该着手查找了
You're fortunate that I even gave you
我能给你二次论证的机会
a second bite of the apple to begin with.
你应该感到很幸运了
Valiant effort.
勇气可嘉
Next time, do better.
下次再继续努力吧
That's it for today. Let's get to the bus.
结束了 我们上车去吧
I'm sorry, Hassan.
我很抱歉 哈桑
You did what you could.
你已经尽力了
I'll come see you next week.
我下星期来看你
Jamal: You gotta look at it like this, man
你得这样想 老兄
at least you saved your cred.
至少你保住了自己的声誉
You know, Hassan tried to let me off, but, man...
哈桑尽力安慰我了 但是
Everybody in here's out for themselves.
这里的每个人都是为了自己
No other way.
没有别的路可走
Just got to be smart about it.
你得放聪明点
Maybe slow down.
别心急
Hey, Wallace.
华♥莱♥士♥
That ADA you were up against?
你对付的那个助理检察官
He was here asking about some letter
他来问过你和你妻子的
changed hands with your wife. When?
一些通信情况 什么时候的事
Couple days ago. What happened?
几天前 怎么回事
Warden's grilling us about it.
狱长在问我们话
That's all I can say, but I thought you should know.
我只能说这么多 但我觉得你应该知道这件事
Excuse me.
抱歉了
Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be right back.
不好意思 我马上回来
Okay, I got I got two minutes.
好了 我有两分钟时间讲电♥话♥
I'm with patients right now.
我现在和病人在一起
They came to the prison about the letter for Jose.
他们来监狱是为了查给约瑟的信
Yeah, I know. I was in Maskins' office.
我知道 我当时就在马斯金斯的办公室
I wanted to text you, but I was afraid
我想给你发短♥信♥ 但我怕
they tossed your cell and found your burner.
他们把你的手♥机♥扔了 然后找到你的手♥机♥
Wait, Maskins had you in his office?
等等 马斯金斯让你去过他的办公室
For what? He was just being a bully.
叫你去做什么 他只是想耍耍威风罢了
Darius came by with a lawyer,
达利斯带了一个律师过来
and they haven't done anything since.
从那之后他们还没有任何动静
Well, are you alright?
那你还好吗
I'm fine.
我没事
Geez, Marie, I'm sorry.
老天 玛丽 我很抱歉
I didn't think it would get this far.
我没想到事情会发展到现在这个地步
I said I'm fine.
我说了我没事
You should be worried about yourself.
你还是先担心你自己吧
They have footage off the cameras.
他们拿到了摄像机里的录像
You're gonna have a problem with that warden, but I gotta go.
你和那个监狱长之间会有麻烦 我先挂了
I can't do this right now.
我先不跟你说了
We got some legal business.
我们要处理一下法律上的事情
The case.
案子上的事
Hey, you alright, man?
你还好吗 老兄
Yo, give us a minute?
喂 能让我们单独说几句话吗
What that judge did, man system's broken.
那个法官的所作所为说明法律系统已经没用了
Nah.
不是这样的
It's working exactly the way they want it to.
法律系统已经为他们所控制了
That's dark.
太黑暗了
It comes with the territory.
这是不可避免的结果
Hey, listen.
听着
I need to ask you something.
我有事要让你做
It would really help Hassan,
如果监狱长能找出毒品的来源
the treatment center, the whole population here,
对哈桑 对治疗中心
if the warden could figure out where the drugs are coming from.
对这里所有的人都能有所帮助
I'm not asking you to snitch. Not on another prisoner.
我不是让你去告其他犯人的密
But if some C. O. is betraying the warden
但是如果某个狱警背叛了监狱长
and dirtying up this place,
把这里弄得一团糟
man, that could get her in a whole lot of trouble.
那这个监狱就会有大♥麻♥烦了
The day Wallace's wife came to see him,
华♥莱♥士♥的妻子来看他的那天
he was in Block D, third tier.
他在第三层的D区
You know whose cell happens to be there?
你知道他待的是谁的牢房♥吗
Vic Daugherty.
维克·多尔蒂的
Wild Bill's counterfeiter and forger extraordinarie.
怀尔德·比尔的造假者好手
I think you pretty much hit him in every corner
在我看来你已经全方面地对他进行了打击
his family, the warden.
包括他的家人 还有监狱长方面
Plus, he lost his case in Queens.
另外 他在皇后区输掉了官司
剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表