剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表
so unless there's some newly discovered evidence...
所以除非他们隐藏了什么
There has to be. ...evidence that they hid from us,
新发现的证据 一定有的
then we can't prove that.
那我们也无法证明啊
T‐The D. A. never even turned over a complete file.
地 地检那边从来就没给我们完整的文件
And I doubt that they ever will.
我怀疑他们以后也不会
I'm sorry, but the best course of action
我很抱歉 但是你现在最好的出路就是
is to play nice with the warden,
和典狱长套套近乎
level up to minimum security... No.
把对你的安♥全♥监♥管♥级别降到最低 不可能
make it easier for your family to visit you. That's not an option.
这样你家里人才好来探望你 这不可能
Aaron, it's been over two years.
亚伦 已经过了两年了
I can't take any more money from you,
我不能再要你的钱了
and I can't afford to work pro bono.
我也不能为你无偿工作
Come on, please.
别这样 拜托
I am sorry.
很抱歉
I can't raise any more money.
我没办法再筹到任何钱了
I can't raise money. I got a job to do.
我筹不到钱了 我还有工作要做
And I can't ‐‐ It's ‐‐ It's ‐‐
我不能 这太 这太
I don't care if it's a worthy cause.
我不在乎这是不是有意义的事业
I've got a thousand invitations.
我这边已经有上千份邀请了
Han‐‐ Hang‐‐
等一下 等
Yeah?
什么事
Senator, I've got a call
参议长 我这边二号♥线接到一个
from Bellmore Prison on line two.
从贝尔摩监狱打来的电♥话♥
An inmate named Aaron Wallace.
是一个叫亚伦·华♥莱♥士♥的犯人打来的
He says you know him?
他说他认识你
All these years in this hellhole, hitting the books,
这么多年待在牢房♥里 整天啃书
and you graduated law school?
你居然真的从法学院毕业了
Problem is, it's ‐‐ it's not accredited.
问题就在于 这个没有经过正式授权
I didn't want to rain on your parade,
我不想打击你
but, yeah, correspondence courses
但是 你知道的 函授课程
are generally for education purposes only.
一般只供教育大学生所用
Generally, but not always.
一般 但并不绝对
How's that?
此话怎讲
California, Oregon, Minnesota, Vermont,
加利福尼亚州 俄勒冈州 明尼苏达州 佛蒙特州
and New Mexico
还有新墨西哥州
allow non‐accredited degree holders
这些州都允许未经授权的学位持有者
to sit for the bar.
参加司法考试
But Minnesota, Oregon, and New Mexico
但是明尼苏达州 俄勒冈州还有新墨西哥州
require admissions in another state
在其他州是需要职业资格证的
if your J. D. is unaccredited.
如果你的法学博士学位是未经授权的
California doesn't have reciprocity in New York.
加州在纽约没有互惠政策
But Vermont does.
但是佛蒙特州有
Exactly.
的确
Okay. That's smart.
对啊 你知道的还挺多
You're good. That's g‐‐ That's good.
你挺厉害 挺 挺厉害的
But there's no way the warden's gonna let you out
但是典狱长根本不可能放你出去
to take the bar.
让你去参加司法考试
I'm gonna file a claim
我会根据美国人残疾法案
under the Americans With Disabilities Act.
提交一份申请
No, you're not.
不是吧你
Get the proctors to come to Bellmore
申请让监考官来贝尔摩监狱
and have them test me here.
在这里监考我
Come on.
得了吧
For what I need right now,
对于我现在想要做成的事情
being confined is a disability.
被囚禁在这里已经是一种残疾了
Alright, check out a Supreme Court case.
好吧 看看一起最高法♥院♥的案例
Olmstead versus L. C.
奥姆斯特德起诉国会图书馆一案
Context is mental health,
背景是精神健康
but you might be able to find a precedent.
但是你应该能找到先例的
Alright.
好的
Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks.
好的 我会认真看的 谢谢您
You know, even if you pass the bar,
你知道的 即使你通过了司法考试
there's still character and fitness.
还有个人素质和体能测试
Well, I am gonna need somebody in a position of authority
那个时候我就找个处于权威地位的人
to vouch for me.
来为我做担♥保♥
Maybe a State Senator?
我可能会找一个州参议长
I got to admit, I am impressed.
我不得不说 你真的让我刮目相看
Abusing the ADA
滥用美国残障法案
to force the bar exam to come to you?
还真把司法考试的考场都搬到监狱里了
That's got to be a first.
这一定是史无前例的
Well, if I could've done it another way,
但凡我还有别的办法来参加这个考试
like take a bus, I would have.
比如说搭公交车去 我一定会的
You may begin.
你可以开始了
Close cell four.
关上四号♥牢房♥
How'd it go?
考得怎么样
Now I understand why only 62% of people pass.
现在我终于明白为什么只有62%的人通过了
I cleared the wall for you.
我把这边墙给你空出来了
Hey, thanks, man.
嘿 谢谢你 兄弟
What you gonna do without your ladies?
没有了那些海报辣妹你该怎么办啊
Aaron.
亚伦
Hey, Bobby. What's up?
嘿 鲍比 怎么了
Little Christmas present from Elijah.
这是以利亚给你的圣诞小礼物
Thank him for me.
替我谢谢他
You have no idea how much this'll change my life.
你都不知道这对我来说意义有多大
You got it.
放心吧
Listen, I know it's been a long road, Marie.
你听我说 我知道这是一场持久战 玛丽
And I've put a lot on you.
我已经让你承受了太多了
Aaron, I want a divorce.
亚伦 我想和你离婚了
Why now, Marie?
为什么现在提出来 玛丽
Why now? Why, damn it?!
为什么是现在 为什么 该死
Been trying to figure out, what am I doing?!
我一直都想弄明白 我到底都在做些什么
What am I doing? Look, I heard you the other night
我究竟在做什么 你听我说 那天晚上我拿一次性手♥机♥
when I told you about the burner.
跟你打电♥话♥的时候我就知道你的担心了
It's not about the burner, Aaron.
不关手♥机♥的事情 亚伦
You think I'm taking too much of a risk?
你觉得我冒的风险太大了吗
It's not about the burner. You're behind a window.
根本就不是手♥机♥的原因 你现在和我都隔着玻璃讲话了
You giving up on me? You giving up on me?
那你这是要抛弃我了吗 你要放弃我了吗
I can't do this anymore.
我真的受不了了
We can work this out. Just a little more time.
我们能挺过去的 再给我一点时间
Please don't do this. Come on, baby, it's you and me.
拜托别这样 拜托 亲爱的 没有你我坚持不下去
Look at me, Marie.
你看着我 玛丽
Come on, look at me.
看着我 玛丽
Just look at me.
看着我
I just can't.
我坚持不下去了
I ‐‐ I'm sorry.
我 抱歉
Come on, Marie. Marie!
别这样 玛丽 玛丽
Come on, please.
别走 拜托
Marie. Yo, Marie!
玛丽 玛丽
Marie! Come on, Mari‐‐
玛丽 别这样 玛丽
What's up, man?
怎么了 兄弟
* I'll make it up to you *
我会补偿给你
* I'll make it up *
我会补偿
Yo, Wallace, got legal mail here for you,
哟 华♥莱♥士♥ 这有一封法♥院♥那边寄来的信
from the Vermont Bar.
从佛门特司法局寄来的
Let's go, man. Open it up.
愣着干嘛 兄弟 拆啊
You do it.
你来拆吧
You did it, my man.
你做到了 兄弟
Not yet.
还没有
I still got to pass character and fitness.
我还得通过个人素质和体能测试
‐Come on, man, smile. ‐Yo.
别这样 兄弟 高兴点儿
We got a lawyer in the house
咱们这里即将诞生一个律师了
Come on!
开心点儿
My man Aaron Wallace has done the impossible
咱们的好兄弟亚伦已经化腐朽为神奇
and passed the bar while in prison!
在监狱里通过了司法考试
Aaron Wallace Esquire.
亚伦·华♥莱♥士♥先生
What defines character?
什么是职业素质
Integrity, courage, resilience.
正直 勇气 韧性
The decision before you is not about Aaron Wallace.
我们先现在要做的裁决不是关于亚伦·华♥莱♥士♥个人的
It's about our entire criminal legal system.
这是关于我们的整个刑事法律制度
Because if we weren't here,
因为如果我们现在没有在这里
剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表