剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表
You already have. It's already started.
你已经做了 已经开始了
Look, we're just trying to figure out his angle.
听着 我们只是想弄清楚他的切入点
Why?
为什么
'Cause he's a hustler with a law degree,
因为他是个有法律学位的地痞流氓
a convicted kingpin who's got nothing better to do
一个被定了罪的流氓头子 除了上一些可笑的诉讼之外
than file some frivolous lawsuits.
没有什么别的事好做的人
Frivolous lawsuits?
可笑的诉讼吗
Like the one he filed on behalf of my brother?
比如他代表我弟弟上的那个吗
I'm I'm not saying that. So, you get this invested
我 我不是这个意思 所以 你对你送进监狱的人
in everybody you put away?
都这么感兴趣吗
Driving around the city, playing P. I.?
在城里四处开车转悠 假装自己是私♥人♥侦♥探♥吗
He embarrassed us, frankly. Mm.
说实话 他让我们脸上无光
We want to make sure that doesn't happen again.
我们想确保这件事不会再发生了
Well, like you said,
好吧 就像你说的
he can't embarrass you on some case he's trying in Queens.
他在皇后区搞的案子丢不到你的脸
So, I guess you're good.
我想没你什么事的
Hello?
喂
You are receiving a monitored and recorded call
您接收到的是一通被监控录音的电♥话♥
from Inmate 10‐B‐316.
拨♥打♥人为10-B-316号♥犯人
To accept this call, press one.
接听请按1
Hey, listen.
嘿 听着
I know you're hating on me,
为知道你很烦我
but remember the homeless guy who was supposedly living
但你记得那个本应该住在
in the tenement your brother broke into?
你弟弟闯进的那间廉租公♥寓♥里的流浪汉吗
I need you to look up something for me.
我需要你帮我查点事情
You You can't be serious.
你 你不是认真的把
The case law's a little sketchy,
这案子的法律有点不完备
but if we can show he only slept there a few nights,
但如果我们能证明他只在那里睡了几晚
we might have a chance. What are you talking about?
我们可能有一丝胜算 你在说什么啊
We can maybe argue the building wasn't his home.
我们也许可以辩说那栋楼不是他的家
We do that, the charge drops to Burg 3
如果我们那么做 那罪名就会变成3级抢劫
and he gets out on time served.
这样加上他已服刑的时间 他就能出狱了
Wrap it up now. One minute,
赶紧收尾挂电♥话♥ 还有一分钟
and back to your cells for the night.
然后今晚都不要出来你的房♥间了
The guy's name's Arthur Gingrich.
那人的名字叫亚瑟·金里奇
Date of birth 9‐17‐6♥4♥.
出生日期为6♥4♥年9月17日
Check the logs of nearby homeless shelters,
查一下附近的流浪汉庇护所名单
see if he has any type of record.
看看有没有他的任何记录
Alright, Wallace, that's it.
好了 华♥莱♥士♥ 挂吧
Listen, I don't care what you do for me,
听着 我不在乎你为我做什么
but maybe you should try and do this for your broth
但也许你应该试试为你弟弟做
Your call is now disconnected.
电♥话♥已挂断
* You make me wanna not ever see the day *
你让我想要再也不见天日
* And lock my heart inside a safe *
把我的心藏进保险箱
* But you make me wanna get out of my old ways *
但你让我想要摆脱过去
Even if he's guilty, I still want him out.
就算他有罪 我还是想把他弄出来
For Jazz or for you?
为了女儿还是为了你自己
Don't do that.
别这样
Why not?
为什么
Because you know I want to be with you.
因为你知道我想和你在一起
* Say what I mean *
表白心意
* Simple words *
只言片语
You know I love him, as much as anybody.
你知道我爱他 就和所有人一样
But he made his choices.
但他做了他的选择
If we follow him down this path,
如果我们跟他走上了这条路
I...
我
I just don't see how he doesn't drag us all down with him.
我真的觉得他会把我们所有人都拉下水
Thank you. Aaron Wallace is here.
谢谢你 亚纶·华♥莱♥士♥来了
Uh, send him in.
呃 让他进来
What can I do for you?
我能为你做些什么呢
I'd like a character reference for Hassan.
我想要一份哈桑的人格证明
Oh, I‐I thought you'd already lost.
哦 我还以为你已经输了呢
I'm filing a new motion.
我在起草新的动议
I got a different way into it.
我找到新的角度了
You know, I've been trying to figure out
你知道吗 我一直试着搞明白
why you took his case to begin with.
你一开始为什么会接他的案子
Seeing how he was prosecuted in Queens,
看他是如何从皇后区被判决的
his crime has nothing to do with yours,
他的案子和你的一点关系都没有
not even a hint of a connection to Maskins,
甚至跟马斯金斯都没有一点关联
O'Reilly, the Bronx...
奥莱利 布朗克斯区
I gotta clear my legal strategy with you?
我还得跟你解释我的法律策略吗
I know that you're using these inmates
我知道你在利用这些犯人
to further your own agenda,
帮助达到你自己的目的
but I don't see how Hassan fits the bill.
但我看不出哈桑为什么会对你有帮助
And that troubles me because I care about him.
这让我很头疼 因为我在乎他
I don't know what he told you,
我不知道他跟你说了什么
but I'm doing everything I can for him.
但我在尽我所能帮助他
And if I win, a letter of support from you
如果我赢了 那你的支持信
will be a big help in resentencing.
会在重新判决的时候起到大作用
Fine.
好吧
Maybe bring someone from the treatment center, like Frankie.
要不从理疗中心找个人 比如弗兰基
Someone Hassan has helped.
哈桑曾经帮过的人
I'd have to file an order to produce for that.
这事儿我得正式起草文件
Well, I would support that.
我支持
Clearly.
当然
I appreciate that. It's a good idea.
我很感激 是个好主意
Anything you need from me right now?
还需要我做什么吗
Oh. No.
哦 不了
I'm good.
没事
Hey.
嘿
Forget about what happened before.
把之前的事忘了吧
Where you are now that's all that matters.
你的现在才是唯一重要的事
Your brother... changed my life.
你弟弟 改变了我的人生
He saved me.
他救了我
I know it means a lot to him that you're here.
我知道你在这里对他来说意义重大
So, you believe Mr. Newcombe
所以你相信纽康姆先生
had ineffective assistance of counsel
在他接受认罪协议的时候
when his plea was made?
律师帮助无效
Yes, Your Honor. I'll admit,
是的法官大人 我承认
I'm curious to hear the argument,
我很好奇会是怎样的辩词
particularly coming from you, Mr. Wallace.
尤其是你的辩词 华♥莱♥士♥先生
I appreciate the opportunity, Your Honor.
我很感谢这次机会 法官大人
Then show me what you've got.
那就让我看看你都有什么本事把
This is the crime scene photograph taken
这是入室抢劫案发生时
at the time of the supposed burglary.
现场的照片
It shows a sleeping bag on the third floor.
在现场的三楼 有一个睡袋
Now, the police report indicates the name of a man living there
警♥察♥的报告中指明 他们在地上找到了
after they found a‐an expired driver's license
一本过期的驾驶执照
left on the ground somewhere.
上面有住在那里的人的名字
I'm not clear what the point is here, Your Honor,
我不明白这一点的意义何在 法官大人
but the statute clearly states
但是法令明确规定
that a property will be considered a dwelling
如果一处地♥产♥晚上经常有人住的话
if it is usually occupied by a person therein at night.
这份地♥产♥将被认定为住♥宅♥公♥寓♥
And that may be so, and it may even have been occupied
而就算是这样 而且此处甚至在某一个时间点
by Mr. Gingrich at some point,
被金里奇先生住过
but no one, including previous counsel or police,
但是没有人 包括之前的律师或警♥察♥
bothered to check to see if Mr. Gingrich
费心去查过金里奇先生
was actually living there when the crime was committed.
在案发时是不是住在那里
That can't be the case.
那是不可能的
They saw his sleeping bag, his ID,
他们看到了他的睡袋 身份证
a few possessions, and made a whole bunch of assumptions.
一些财产 然后就做了一大堆假设
The case never went to trial.
该案从未开庭审理过
The plea deal was made four days after the arrest.
认罪协议是在被捕四天后达成的
There was no reason for the police to return
警方没有理由回到
to the scene of the crime and find Mr. Gingrich.
犯罪现场去找金里奇先生
No reason except to spare my client
你所说的没有理由却会让
doing more years than he should have, had they bothered to check.
我的委托人白受多年的牢狱之苦
And certainly, previous counsel had a duty to investigate it.
当然 前任律师也有责任调查此事
If they had, they would have found this.
如果他们调查了 他们就会找到这个
And here, Your Honor, is the death certificate
法官大人 这是金里奇先生的
剧集 | 终生(2020) | 导航列表