剧集 | 联邦调查局:通缉要犯 | 导航列表
Hardly. This guy's a total snooze.
福雷斯特市出身
Born in Forrest City,
94年从乔治城法学院毕业
Graduated Georgetown Law in '94,
然后在巴尔的摩地方检察官办公室干到09年
then worked in the Baltimore DA's office until '09
然后成了法官
OK, and then became a judge.
做了几年民庭
Carried a briefcase for a few years,
然后和一位法官竞选
then ran his campaign for criminal court justice
刑庭大♥法♥官 还赢了
against an incumbent, which he won,
然后一直干到现在
and has been on the bench ever since.
这职业生涯转变够大的
Talk about a career pivot.
受人尊敬的法官变成了连环杀人犯
Respected judge turned serial killer
杀了所有在他的庭上
of basically every prosecutor
做过起诉的检察官
who's ever had a case before him.
问题是为什么
The question is, why?
各位
Guys.
有发现吗 -找到了动机
Find anything? - Motive, I think.
六个月前 凯特在鲁尔克庭上起诉了一个案子
Now, Kat tried a case six months ago in front of Roarke.
被告被控
The defendant was charged
两起性侵重罪
with two counts of felony sexual assault.
她赢了 -定罪 是的
So she won. - The trial, yes.
但量刑就不一样了
The sentencing was a different story.
她主张10年有期徒刑
Now, she argued for ten years in prison,
但鲁尔克判了最低的2年
but Roarke gave the defendant two years, the minimum.
说我们对
To say we're disappointed
助理地方检察官质疑法官量刑
鲁尔克法官的荒谬量刑失望
in Judge Roarke's insultingly light sentence
那都是说轻了
would be an understatement.
性侵案受害者已经在公众眼光下
The last thing sexual assault victims
遭受到足够的伤害了
need added to the injury that they face
她们不应该
in the court of public opinion is the insult
被法官所轻视
of being disrespected by the bench too.
第一年工作就敢对抗权威
First year on the job, speaking truth to power.
很有勇气
I'd say that's courage.
怪不得她父母为她骄傲
No wonder her parents were proud of her.
怪不得鲁尔克这么生气
No wonder Roarke was so pissed.
你好
Hello?
这是我第三次打来了
This is the third time I've called.
我不喜欢被忽视
I don't like being ignored.
我不是
I'm not--
我没有忽视你 我在上班
I'm not ignoring you. I'm at work.
你跟警方或者联邦调查局聊过了吗
You talk to the police or the FBI?
没有 -别骗我
No. - Don't lie to me,
法官 我没有 我发誓
Judge, I'm not. I swear.
我都不知道联邦调查局的人来了
I didn't even know the FBI was here.
冷静 -我冷静不了
Calm down. - I can't.
你可以的
Yes, you can.
你还没完事儿
You're not finished.
什么
What?
我还有别的事要你办
I have something else I need you to do.
法官 求你了 我按你说的做了
Judge, Judge, please, I did what you asked.
我不想做了
I don't want to do any more.
我不在乎你想要什么
I don't care what you want,
现在你得听我的
This is my time now.
按我说的来
My terms and my rules.
他们以为我会束手就擒
They thought I would just sit back and take it,
但他们想错了 他们会付出代价的
but they were wrong, and they're all gonna pay.
谁啊 我不知道你在说什么
Who is? I have no idea what you're talking about.
你很快就会知道了 他们都会的
You will soon enough. They all will.
你电脑在手边吗
You have your laptop?
在 但我说了我在上班
Yeah, but like I said, I'm at work.
那就说你要休息
Then tell them you need a break.
拿上电脑 给我回电♥话♥
Go get it and call me back.
我了解你 不会需要很长时间的
Knowing you, this won't take long.
我做不到
I can't.
我说清楚
I will make this very clear.
如果你不按我说的做
If you don't do what I ask,
那有麻烦的就不只是你了
it's not just you I'm gonna find.
还有你妈妈 和你那个布林克利的男朋友
It's your mother and your boyfriend in Brinkley.
埃里克是吧
Eric, right?
我的天 你怎么知道他
Oh, my God. You know about him?
怎么了 你是觉得丢脸吗
What's wrong? You ashamed or something?
我还以为你们这些人都骄傲得很呢
I thought your kind was all about pride
你们不是都在到处大喊
and shouting it from the rooftops
让其他人没有机会
and making it so none of the rest of us
表达自己的意见吗
can't get a word in edgewise.
给你5分钟
You got five minutes.
我等着呢
I'll be waiting.
鲁尔克太太
Mrs. Roarke?
叫我辛西亚就好
Call me Cynthia.
我不想再跟那个人有关系了
I don't want to be associated with his name anymore.
我知道这信息量有点大
I know this is a lot to take in.
是 但也不完全是
It is, and it isn't.
我嫁的那个人已经不见很久了
I stopped recognizing the man I married a long time ago.
他变得越来越刻薄 越来越易怒
He'd become so mean, so angry.
我不是给他找借口
And I'm not trying to excuse it.
我只是希望你们明白
I just want you to understand that--
他不是一直这样的
He wasn't always like this.
完全不是
Not at all.
我们认识的时候 他很善良 很贴心 野心勃勃
When we met, he was kind, thoughtful, ambitious.
但他不是为了自己 而是为了维护♥法♥律
Sure, but in the name of a selfless cause, the law.
你们认识的时候他已经是法官了吗
Was he already a judge when you met?
不是的
No.
我们是在他从巴尔的摩搬回来之后认识的
No, we met when he moved back from Baltimore.
2010年
2010.
他在那里竞选了地方检察官 然后输了
He'd run for district attorney there and lost,
不久之后他就回了福雷斯特市
so he came back to Forrest City shortly after.
可能觉得在自己老家
Probably thought he'd had more party support
会有更多人支持他
in his home county.
他和我结婚之后得到的支持
Which he got from marrying me.
我父亲是警局局长 所有人都认识我妈妈
My father was chief of police, and everyone knows my mom.
她的家族经营着斯图加特最大的农场
Her family owns the largest farm in Stuttgart.
那都是很久之前了
Anyway, that was all a long time ago,
在他的仕途完蛋之前
before his career stalled out.
最近他一直忧心忡忡的
Lately, all he did was stew.
他法学院的同学 之前的同事
His law school classmates, his former colleagues,
似乎都在升职加薪
they all seemed to be working their way up to higher office
只有他卡在巡回法官的位子上
while he was stuck on circuit court bench.
所以他这么生气吗
Is that what made him so angry?
是啊
Big time.
他觉得是系统拖住了他
Blamed it on the system for holding him back,
阻止了他的升迁
keeping him stuck.
无意冒犯 我觉得系统就是你丈夫
All due respect, I'd argue that men like your husband
这样的人创造的
created that system.
你试试看跟他说这话 看他怎么对你
You try telling him that, see what it gets you.
这是他干的
He left me with this.
他打你了吗
He did that to you?
五天前 他开完会回家
Five days ago, he came home from a meeting
非常生气 不断大叫 还扔东西
furious, screaming, throwing things,
他对我动手之后 我就打包了他的东西
When he turned on me, I packed his bags
让他滚出去
and told him to get out.
第二天他就走了
He was gone the next day.
他和谁见了
Who was he meeting with?
他的一个老朋友 亚瑟·霍布斯
An old friend of his, Arthur Hobbs.
他是州律师协会的会长
He's president of the State Bar.
我和鲁尔克在华盛顿的时候一起做过书♥记♥员
Roarke and I clerked together in D.C.,
阿肯色州 小石城
所以我想着我们见面
so I guess that's why I hoped our meeting
对他打击不会很大
wouldn't hit him so hard.
你们见面是为了什么
What were you meeting about?
我是阿肯色州上诉法♥院♥
I'm chair of the nominating commission
提名委员会的主席
for the Arkansas Court of Appeals.
霍华德申请了上诉法♥院♥的空缺
剧集 | 联邦调查局:通缉要犯 | 导航列表