剧集 | 奇思妙探(2024) | 导航列表
"My unpublished poetry."
但还不只如此
But that's not all.
「我另留存
"I also leave the amount of
$413.17
"$413.17,
扣除会计费用」
less accounting fees."
她的
The...
字句赠礼远超我想象
gift of her words is...
胜过我所能盼望的一切
so much more than I could have ever imagined.
那她其他
What about the rest
遗产呢
of her estate?
很抱歉
I'm sorry.
就这些
That's it.
别无他物
There's nothing else.
她家底只剩这些
That's all she had.
那她的公♥寓♥呢
And her apartment?
那是租金管制的房♥子
It was rent-controlled.
她月租250元
She paid $250 a month.
她之所以能住得起
And she could only afford it
全靠你们替她负担三餐
because she had all of you paying for her meals.
好吧
Well,
盖瑞没拿到半毛钱
Gary didn't get any money, so...
你的动机也就飞了
there goes your motive.
可他以为能拿到
But he thought he would.
那你得证明
Yeah, well, try proving that.
队长
Captain.
这是什么
What is this?
我找了些氧气瓶爆♥炸♥的照片
I dug up some photos of oxygen tank explosions.
注意有些受害者袖口
Notice how some of the victims have discoloration
布料会变色
on the fabric of their sleeves.
为什么会这样
Why would that be?
不 我问的是这个
No, I mean what is this?
「神秘红发女」
"Mysterious redhead."
那不是
Isn't that...
你吗
you?
你跟亚历布 我们碰过面
You and Alec Bloom? -We met.
什么
What?
我们只是聊聊 仅此而已
We talked. That's all.
那晚在那个 活动上气氛不错
We had a nice time at the-the... thing.
能不能把重点放回盖瑞 别管亚历
Can we focus on Gary and not Alec, please?
你这么说是转移焦点
Are you saying this because you're deflecting
还是你笃定就是他做的
or because you're that sure he did it?
「两者皆可为真」
Both things can be true.
你为什么
Why did you
开除汉纳?
fire Hannah?
我看到她抱着箱子离开
I saw her leaving with a box of her things.
我只好让汉纳走人
I had to let go of Hannah
因为预算突然被砍
because of unexpected budget cuts.
也就是你原本以为能在黛洛的遗嘱里分到一笔
As in you expected to get money in Delores's will
结果落空?
and you didn't?
其实我这阵子埋首阅读黛洛
Actually, I've been diving into the unpublished works
未刊的作品
of Delores.
那几乎成了我
It's been the only thing
在这段紊乱低迷时日里
inspiring me in these...
唯一的灵感泉源
hectic and dark times.
我懂你的意思
I know what you mean.
我把这本从头到尾读过
I read this cover to cover, and,
感触太深
I was so moved that...
于是自己动笔写了些诗
...I wrote some poetry of my own.
你能不能
Do you think that you could,
给我点意见?
give me some feedback?
我很想由你们出版
I would love to be published by you.
而且你现在应该也在找新捐助人
And, you must be looking for new donors.
当然
Sure...
艾尔斯贝斯
Elsbeth.
念给我听
Read it to me.
真的?
Really?
这首叫《情绪W》
This is called "Emotional W."
那个W就是那个W
And that is with a "W."
父亲
"Father.
父亲 父亲
"Father. Father.
父亲?
"Father?
父亲
"Father.
父亲 父亲
"Father. Father.
父亲 父亲
"Father. Father.
鞋架
"Shoe rack.
老鼠
"Mouse.
萨♥达♥姆♥·海珊
Saddam Hussein."
真是糟得可以
That was terrible.
不用留情面
Don't sugarcoat it.
我想学
I want to learn.
它硬要模仿西尔维亚·普拉斯
It gestures to Sylvia Plath
我都想把头伸进烤箱
in a way that makes me want to put my head in an oven.
整首毫无技巧
It lacks any technique or structure
没有结构
or emotional resonance.
也缺乏半点情感力量
And, frankly, your voice is the word salad of a toddler.
你很讨厌?
So you hate it?
讨厌到不行
So much.
而且你怎么敢
And how dare you
拿捐款当筹码好让自己被我社出版
dangle your support as a way to get yourself published
真是离谱
by my press.
我有原则
I have standards.
要做到更好
Do better.
很有趣 因为
That's very interesting, because...
其实我根本没
I actually didn't...
写那首诗
write that poem.
那是黛洛的作品
Delores did.
她在《翻浪草特刊》
She submitted it
把稿交给弗雷
to Fred at Tumbleweed.
你说谎了?
You lied?
只是稍微加了点文学上的自♥由♥
Just used a little poetic license.
你原本以为能从遗嘱里捞点好处 盖瑞
You were expecting something in that will, Gary.
那也是你肯出版的唯一理由
That is the only reason you would publish
你最痛恨的声音 就是这理由
a voice that you hated so much.
我痛恨它又如何?!
Well, who cares if I hated it?!
我作为非营利组织主管的整个职责
The entire point of my job as the director of a nonprofit
就是让它继续存活!
is to keep it alive!
你说谎了?
So you lied?
我只是在培养关系
I was cultivating.
我试图鼓励黛洛
I was trying to encourage Delores
捐助一个值得的事业
to donate to a worthy cause.
但那不代表我杀了她
But that doesn't mean that I killed her.
这只是说 我为了达成目标把自己放得很低
It means that I debased myself in service to that goal!
为什么?因为这世道不在乎那些精致之物
Why? Because this world doesn't care about the finer things.
不懂非营利精神
Because this world doesn't understand nonprofit.
眼中只看利益!
Because profit is the only thing this world cares about!
盖瑞 你这行发生的事 真难看
Gary, what's happening in your field is awful.
真的很糟
It really is.
但我知道有人
But I know that somebody
动过那个氧气瓶
tampered with that oxygen tank,
一定有人
and there must be
总有办法能证明这件事
some way to prove it.
对报纸上的误会 我很抱歉
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding in the paper,
那就是新闻业
but that's the press.
不过要是有机会
Yeah. But maybe when you get a chance,
你能跟媒体澄清我们不是一对吗?
you can clarify to the press that we're not an item?
这个 恐怕不行
I'm afraid that's a no.
《纽约观察》虽然不挺我们
New York View hasn't endorsed us,
却特爱八卦
but they love gossip.
「神秘红发女」对我们宣传来说是个好梗
"Mysterious redhead" is a good story for our campaign.
但我不想变成那个神秘红发女
But I don't want to be the mysterious redhead.
我有正事要忙
剧集 | 奇思妙探(2024) | 导航列表