剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
Muck about?
胡闹?
Yes. Hope you're going to tell me about her straight away.
是的 我要你直截了当告诉我
I will, in a moment.
我会的 稍等
In a moment? Here we go again, bloody off the record business!
稍等? 又来了 还是不能发表!
What tiny bit of this interview
这访问到底谈了什么
am I actually going to be allowed to publish?
是我可以发表的?
I'm not saying this is off the record.
我没说这不能发表
You're not? Why not?
没有吗? 为什么?
It can't be that exciting then.
那我可要失望了
It's just I know you won't have the guts to publish it.
我就是笃定你没胆发表
I'm not going to rise to that.
我才不会上当呢
You know, I've been very stupid now,
我现在就像个傻瓜
and you don't often hear me say that. That's true.
我很少这么说 这话不假
I forgot for a moment that you're a musician,
我差点忘了你是个音乐人
and you're treating this interview a bit like your jazz music.
你把这个访谈当做你的爵士乐
You seem to be improvising,talking about this and that,
你即兴创作 谈这谈那
and all the while I'm being led somewhere, aren't I?
而我一直被你牵着鼻子走 对吗?
You are, yes.
没错 是的
To the woman.
致那个女人
To the woman, yes.
致那个女人 没错
What I meant by the interesting side of fame.
那就是名气附带的有趣之处
This will never be in your magazine.
这段故事不会出现在你的杂♥志♥上
I'll bet you 100 pounds.
我赌100镑
I don't bet, but who knows, if it's worth it,
我赌钱 但谁知道呢 如果值得的话
I might pay you something.
我会给你回报的
Now, where did you meet this woman?
告诉我 在哪遇到的这女人?
I was dressed like this, getting ready to play in the ballroom.
当时我穿得像现在一样 准备去舞厅演奏
It was about two months ago.
大约是两个月之前
I was in a little room near Schlesinger's office,
我在Schlesinger办公室旁边的小房♥间里
he lets me use it sometimes to get away from the band.
他把房♥子给我当休息室
I was in a rather good mood,I remember.
我当时心情不错
There's a telephone call for you,Mr Lester.
Lester先生 有电♥话♥找你
Thank you.
谢谢
Hello?
喂
Hello?
喂
You don't know who this is,do you?
你不知道我是谁 对吗?
I have to admit I don't.
我承认我不知道
You've never noticed me, then?
你从没注意过我吗?
Noticed you? Where?
注意你? 在哪?
But if you have to be told,then you haven't noticed me.
既然要我告诉你 那你一定没注意到我
Well, if you told me your name, it might help.
告诉我你的名字 我可能记得起来
You want to know my name?
你想知道我的名字?
How would that help if you haven't noticed me?
既然你没注意过我 告诉你名字有什么用呢?
Well, if you described yourself.
或许你形容一下你自己
Describe myself?
形容我自己?
What if I told you I was naked?
如果我说我光着身子呢?
Does that help?
你想起来了吗?
Excuse me, I'm just getting ready for tonight's performance,
抱歉 我马上要开始今晚的表演了
so I will...
那么我...
I'm sorry, don't ring off...
不 别挂断
I shouldn't have said that.
我不该那么说
That was plain stupid, Mr Lester.I apologise.
我真是愚蠢至极 Lester先生 我向你道歉
There's no need to apologise.
不必道歉
No, I do apologise,first of all because...
不 我必须道歉 首先是因为...
Well, I'm not naked, so it was pointless me saying that.
我没有裸体 说那话没有意义
Though depending on how long we talk,
虽然随着我们聊得越久
that situation can always change.
情况可能会发生变化
I really must go now.
我必须挂断了
I'm sorry, that was just a poor joke,
抱歉 这笑话真憋足
and actually, I do have something very interesting to tell you,
其实我的确有些趣事要告诉你
so I should stop spoiling it, shouldn't I?
所以我还是不打岔了 好吗?
The point is, I'm, of course, a great admirer of your work,
我要说的是 我是你的崇拜者
and I've sat in the ballroom at the Imperial heard you play many times,
我在帝国酒店的舞厅听过你好多次演奏
and and maybe I was there last night,
或许昨晚我也在那儿
sat quite close to the stage,wearing a rather revealing dress,
坐在靠近舞台的地方 穿着性感的晚装
and maybe you did notice me?
你可能注意到我?
When I'm playing, I don't see much from the stage.
我演奏的时候 很少看台下
Oh, well, I'm sure you're concentrating on your music,
你当然在专心演奏
Mr Lester, of course!
Lester先生 那是当然的
I was just explaining what a devoted follower I am of your band,
我只是想说 我是你们乐队的忠实拥趸
and perhaps at this very moment I'm telephoning from somewhere in the hotel,
而此刻 我可能酒店某处给你打电♥话♥
so I'm not too far from you.
就在你不远处
But before you reply to that, let's leave all that vague, shall we?
在你开口之前 让我们保持点神秘感吧
Because I don't think I should tell you too much.
我不能给你透露太多
I think it's probably better that you don't know my name.
或许你不知道我的名字会更好
I think it'll be safer for you, and a lot safer for me, if you didn't know my name.
不知道我的名字对你更安全 对我也更安全
Safer?
更安全?
In what way safer?
怎么会更安全?
Oh, I keep saying things I oughtn't, things that make me sound bonkers,
我总是管不住嘴 像个疯子
and that is precisely how I don't want to sound.
其实我真不想那样
But yes, I think it would be much safer for both of us
但没错 那的确会使我们俩都更安全
if I remain anonymous.
如果我坚持不透露我的名字
I hope you don't think that's too cowardly.
希望你不会认为我太胆小
Do you think it's cowardly?
你觉得我胆小吗?
I'm sure it isn't.
当然不是
But now, whoever you are, i really am in the middle of doing some work here,
但是现在 不论你是谁 我真的要去工作了
so intriguing as it is to talk to an anonymous lady who may...or may not be naked,
和一位神秘 可能还是裸体的女士谈话非常有趣
or I'm sorry,but I'm going to ring off now.
但抱歉 我要挂断了
If you ring off, you won't stop me.
就算你挂断 也阻止不了我的
Blimey, I can't believe you did that! Why did you ring off?
老天 真不敢相信你居然挂断了 为什么?
I had work to do.
我得工作
Of course, I forgot, you're always working.
当然了 我忘了 你总是在工作
The next day, at exactly the same time,
第二天 同一时间
about an hour before we were going to play, the telephone rings again.
演出前大约一小时 电♥话♥又响了
And I warn you, Stanley, you're not going to like this.
我警告你 Stanley 你不会喜欢这段的
Why not?
为什么?
Because it's going to affect you personally.
因为这和你切身相关
I left this bit out when I told Jessie.
我和Jessie讲时就略去了这段
I'm flattered I'm getting it all.
洗耳恭听
How very unimaginative of you to ring off last night.
真难相信你昨晚居然真的挂断了
Well, I explained, I had work to do.
我解释了 我得工作
Oh, you sound just like my husband, whom we will soon be talking about.
口气真像我丈夫 我们马上就要讨论到他了
Please don't ring off, it's important, promise me.
你保证你不会挂断 这很重要
I won't ring off, yet.
我不会挂断的 暂时不会
Good. Now, are you wondering what I'm wearing?
非常好 你想知道我现在穿着什么吗?
Well, that was a long pause.
停的有点长啊
Come on, I'm rather an attractive woman.
拜托 我是个很迷人的女人
I can't believe you're not wondering how much or how little I'm wearing,
我不相信 你没有幻想我穿多穿少
especially as I hear you're rather partial to white women.
特别是我听说你对白人女性情有独钟
So, what do you think I'm wearing?
那么 你认为我穿的什么
Before you tell me that...
你回答之前...
Yes? What do you want to know, Mr Lester?
你想知道什么 Lester先生
What do I call you,
我该怎么称呼你?
since you won't tell me your real name?
既然你不愿告诉我你的真名
Oh, good, I'm so glad you're not threatening to ring off yet.
太好了 你总算没说要挂断
You can call me Josephine,
你就叫我Josephine
as in Napoleon and Josephine.
就像拿破仑和约瑟芬
So, Josephine,
那么 Josephine
what are you wearing?
你穿的什么?
I'm sitting here in my petticoat, waiting for my husband to come back
我穿着衬裙 等我丈夫回来
and take me to a very boring dinner party.
带我去参加一个无聊透顶的晚宴
So why did you call me?
那你为什么打电♥话♥给我?
I'm coming to that.
我正要说呢
But I realise before you can take me seriously,
但我认为 在你认真对待我之前
you need somebody to vouch for me,
你需要有个人为我担♥保♥
so I'm going to hand the telephone now to somebody who you know,
所以现在我会把电♥话♥交给一个你认识的人
but on one condition.
但有个条件
What condition is that?
什么条件?
You must never make her tell you who I am. Do you promise that?
你不许逼她透露我是谁 你能保证吗?
I promise that.
我保证
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表