剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
I don't think anyone's watching the building.
我不觉得有人在监视这座房♥子
Not yet, anyway.
反正现在没有
Not yet, no!
没有 还没有!
Better keep away from the window, though, just in case.
但是最好离窗户远一点 以防万一
Do you think you can sleep?
你能睡着吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
Usually, I can sleep anywhere, but tonight, I'm not sure.
通常我在哪儿都能睡着 但是今晚 我不确定
Ah, so you're not as calm as you look. Thank God for that.
啊 你也没表面上那么镇定 真是感谢上帝
You were beginning to make me nervous!
你开始让我觉得紧张了!
Where are you going?
你要去那儿?
I'm going to try and find something to eat.
我要去找些吃的
And of course I've got to work out a way of getting you out of the country.
当然还得想办法把你送出国
I'm going to make you the new number one band in Britain, naturally.
我还要你们成为不列颠最一流的乐队
Mr Masterson asked if I would clear this up.
Masterson先生问我能不能处理好
What a mess.
真是一团糟
I was so clumsy last night.
我昨晚笨手笨脚的
Goodness knows what people must think.
天知道人们会怎么想
Mr Masterson's having a picnic. You really must join us.
Masterson先生要办野餐 你可一定要来
Is anybody sitting here?
这儿有人吗?
No, by all means.
没有 坐吧
I'm very ambitious, Louis. So should you be.
我可是雄心壮志 Louis 你也应该如此
Do you think I'm not?
你觉得我没有野心?
She's incredible, isn't she? Do you think she'll ever like me?
她太厉害了 不是吗 你觉得她会喜欢我吗?
I need to find something to really impress her.
我得找点真正能吸引她的东西
Mr Holt is a British Citizen.
Holt先生是英国公民
The deadline cannot be extended.
截止期限不能推迟
Nor is there any other process of appeal.
貌似也没什么上诉程序可走
That important telephone call is taking place as we speak.
这个时候 那通重要的电♥话♥已经打过去了
I do hope you will be here to entertain your future King.
我真的希望你能留在这儿 好好招待未来的国王
When do we get the cake, Mummy?
我们什么时候才能吃蛋糕 妈妈?
It must be time for the cake!
是时候吃蛋糕了!
Where is the cake?! Where is the cake?!
蛋糕在哪里?! 蛋糕在哪里?!
Listen to the funny music.
听这音乐多欢快
It's a very nice cake, Mummy,
蛋糕很漂亮 妈妈
but why haven't the band got those black and white faces?
为什么乐队这些人的脸不是黑白相间的呢?
You said they would have black and white faces.
你说过他们的脸是黑白相间的
Louis!
Louis!
What are you doing here?
你在这干什么?
I've got some business with Mr Schlesinger.
我有生意要和Schlesinger先生谈
Anyway, that's not much of a greeting, Louis.
反正不是闲话家常 Louis
You're the last person I want to see.
你是我最不想看见的人
Why, what have I done?
为什么 我做了什么?
That's exactly the point, Stanley, you've done nothing!
这就是关键 Stanley 你什么都没做!
Remind me of what I was meant to be doing? Go on.
提醒我一下我要做什么? 说吧
Don't try that, you know perfectly well.
别装了 你心里有数
We are without a manager. I'm having to do that myself!
我们没有经纪人 这些事我都要亲自做!
And we're playing children's birthday parties.
我们还要在小孩生日聚会上演奏
You're still the top featured band in this hotel.
你们仍是这家酒店最有特色的乐队
And no-one's going to get deported while you're here.
只要你在这里就不会被驱逐出境
We've not been on the wireless, we haven't made a record yet.
我们还没上过广播 我们还没有录过唱片
I seem to remember somebody boasting they could make us
我好像记得某人夸下海口
the number one band in Britain.
要我们成为不列颠最一流的乐队
And I will.
我会的
I haven't changed my mind about that. These things take time.
我从来没有动摇过 但这些事情需要时间
I thought that's what you believed in, Louis, things taking time!
我以为你也这么想的 Louis 事情要花时间去做!
Mind you, I quite like seeing you a bit impatient.
说真的 我很喜欢看到你心急的样子
Oh, you do, do you?
你喜欢 是不是?
Oh, I'd better not, not after what happened to Wesley.
我还是不要了 至少不是在Wesley出事之后
Yes, and that's the most serious, of course.
是的 当然这是最重要的事情
I still don't know what really went on.
我不知道究竟发生了什么事
How do you mean?
你这是什么意思?
You know exactly what I mean!
你知道我是什么意思!
I don't know why he was thrown out of the country.
我不知道他怎么会被遣送出国
Mr Donaldson told me he was handling everything, he lied to me.
Donaldson先生说过他会处理一切 他欺骗了我
That's a serious charge, Louis.
这指控可有些过分 Louis
Do you want the opportunity to say it to his face?
你想找机会当面跟他谈一下吗?
So you wanted to see me, Mr Lester?
你想要见我 Lester先生?
Yes, I did, very much.
是的 我很想见你
The bar is closed but perhaps I can use my influence,
酒吧还未营业 不过也差不多到合法时间了
since it is almost the legal hour, and get you a glass of wine?
也许我可以运用我的影响力来给你杯酒?
No, thank you, I don't need anything.
不用 谢谢 我什么都不需要
Except to know if I lied to you?
除了要知道我是不是撒谎了?
Whether I ever really tried to stop your friend from being deported?
我是不是真的尽力阻止你的朋友被驱逐出境?
You'd like to know that, wouldn't you? I would, yes.
你想知道这些 是不是? 是的 我想知道
Sometimes one overstates what one can do,
有时候一个人可能夜郎自大
maybe out of arrogance or a desire to please.
也许是出于傲慢 也许是急于讨人欢喜
It's a terrible thing to suddenly be thrown out of the country.
突然就被驱赶出国是件糟心事
It is, yes, and I don't know what happened to him.
不错 是的 而且我不知道他出了什么事
I probably never will.
可能我永远都不会知道
And now you have no manager
现在你们没有经纪人
and you're stuck playing in this old place.
你们被拴在这个古老的地方演奏
It's good to have a regular job, of course.
当然 有个正规的工作也是好事
but I really thought that after the Prince of Wales heard us play,
不过 我真以为威尔士王子听过我们演奏之后
and all that excitement... You were going to be making records?
人们那样兴奋开怀... 你们就能录制唱片了?
You were going to be on the wireless?
你们就能上广播了?
Yes, I did think that.
是的 我确实想过
The trouble is, Mr Lester,
问题是 Lester先生
the people in charge of these places are quite unbelievably conservative.
这方面有权势的人都保守得让人难以置信
Sir John Reith, for instance, at the BBC, detests jazz music.
比如 BBC的John Reith爵士 他就厌恶爵士乐
So it's never going to happen, then.
那就是说 没可能了?
Mr Lester, I'm a man of leisure who is addicted to the new,
Lester先生 我是个闲人 沉溺于新事物之中
whose chief excitement in life is spotting and encouraging new talent.
最让我兴奋的就是发掘并鼓励新兴才艺
I do want to help you. Will you let me do that?
我确实想帮助你 能让我帮你吗?
It depends in what way.
那要看你怎么帮
I've actually come with a request right now.
实际上我是带着请求而来
Lady Cremone,
Cremone夫人
an old friend of mine, would like you to play at a funeral.
我的一位老朋友 想请你们在一场葬礼上演奏
To play at a funeral? And that's going to help us?
在葬礼上演奏? 那能帮助我们吗?
Yes. Whose funeral is it?
是的 是谁的葬礼?
Her estate manager.
她的财产经纪人
She is a very interesting woman, Lavinia,
Lavinia 她是位非常风趣的妇女
we tend to get excited about the same things.
我们志趣相投
She's become a bit of a recluse recently.
她最近不大露面
She lives in an appalling remote spot!
她住在一个偏僻荒凉的地方
You will be staying in her house,
你们可以待在她的房♥子
but that's no guarantee that you will get to meet her.
但是不能保证你们能见到她
But if you do, Mr Lester,
不过如果你见到她 Lester先生
she is someone who knows even more important people than I do.
她的交际面可比我还广
Stanley will be going to the funeral to try to get to meet her.
Stanley也会出席葬礼 看看能不能见她一面
And so will Sarah.
Sarah也会去
Oh, Mr Lester, I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart,
Lester先生 我要谢谢你 衷心地感谢
for coming all this way and playing for Charlie.
谢谢你们一路赶来 为Charlie演奏
We're delighted to be here, ma'am.
能在这里演奏我们很开心 夫人
He would be so thrilled - he is so thrilled.
他会很激动的 他会很激动
He had all the latest gramophone records sent over from America.
他收藏着那些从美国寄来的最新的留声机唱片
Yes, he did.
真的 他真的收藏着
There's one in his coffin now, there is!
现在他的棺材里就有一张 真的有一张!
You will come and play for everybody later?
一会儿你们来为所有人演奏吧?
Please, I...I know they would so like that.
拜托 我...我知道他们会非常喜欢的
Oh, do say yes!
快答应吧!
Do I dare?
我怎么敢?
Dare what?
敢什么?
Do I dare run over there?
怎如何敢走过去?
I don't know what's stopping you, Stanley.
我不知道有什么能阻碍你 Stanley
You're right.
你说的对
Your Ladyship, forgive me, I just wanted to introduce myself.
夫人 打扰了 我只是想自我介绍一下
I'm Stanley Mitchell. I'm friends with the musicians.
我叫Stanley Mitchell 我是那些乐手的朋友
Are you a journalist?
你是个记者?
Blimey, is it that obvious, is it? Yes. Yes, I am.
啊呀 这么明显吗? 是的 是的 我是
I have nothing against journalists, I just never talk to them,
我对记者并不反感 我只是从不和记者交谈
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表