剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
It seemed to me to be a fair figure, to start with.
我觉得作为起步应该还不赖
Do you agree with that figure?
对薪水还满意吗?
Yes, it's, erm, very generous, course I do!
当然 你太慷慨了! 我很满意
Good, as we expand further, it'll go up.
很好 薪水还会随着杂♥志♥的发展而增加
I have to ask you, Stanley,
Stanley 我一定得问清楚
have you seen Louis Lester within the last few hours?
在刚过去的几个小时里 你见过Louis Lester吗?
I have not.
没有
You don't know where Mr Lester currently is?
你不知道Lester先生现在在哪儿吗?
No, I don't. What's this got to do with the signing?
不知道 这跟签约有什么关系吗?
This is the first magazine I've owned.
这是我创办的第一份杂♥志♥
I think people might feel it is rather sensible of me to make sure my editor doesn't wind up in jail.
我得确保主编不会卷入狱中 这点应该很容易理解
Well, that certainly isn't going to happen.
不会发生这种事的
Good. I'm reassured. You've had no contact?
很好 我安心了 你们之间已经没有联♥系♥了吧?
No.
没有
Of course, when the police do arrest him,
当然 等警♥察♥抓住他以后
I'll see if I can get his last interview.
我会看看是不是还能见他最后一面
That will be a scoop, certainly.
那一定会成为头条的
And in fact Mr Lester is about to be found.
事实上 Lester先生应该很快就能被找到
He is?
是吗?
I fully expect him to be found before midnight tonight,
我希望他能在今天午夜前被找到
because I have offered a reward of ?10,000 for information leading to his capture.
我悬赏了1万磅 找出他的藏身之处
It's about to be announced.
这条消息马上就会公布
You've offered a reward...of ?10,000?!
你悬赏了...1万磅?!
Yes, why is that so surprising?
是的 很令人惊讶吗?
Because we all knew Louis, we all did.
因为我们跟Louis都有交情
It's one thing not to actually help him, but it's a little different offering a huge reward for his arrest!
不帮他是一回事 但悬赏逮捕他 又是另一回事了
Is it?
是吗?
I think we have to disagree, Stanley,
Stanley 我不同意你的看法
it seemed to me to be the right thing to do,
在我看来 这没什么不对
because although I wasn't responsible for the band being at The Imperial,
我不用为帝国饭店的乐队负责
I am a resident there, I've seen what's happened to the hotel.
我只是那里的客人 我看到了酒店里发生的一切
In any case it's done it will be out in the first edition of the evening newspaper,
就这样定了 悬赏的消息会上今天晚报的头版
which is within the hour.
就一小时内的事
I don't think we should keep Mr Wax waiting any longer, do you?
我们还是别让Wax先生久等了
Do I take the plunge?
我要冒这个险吗?
Or do I have a change of heart?!
我要改主意吗?!
No, no change of heart,
不 坚决不改
the price was too good!
这个价格太诱人了!
I'll go and check the luggage.
我去检查一下行李
Lavinia, why are you all alone?!
Lavinia 你怎么一个人了?!
Just perching here for a moment.
我就在这儿坐一会儿
You mustn't ever drink alone, even coffee, terrible idea.
一个人喝东西太糟糕了 即使咖啡也不该一个人喝
I was just a little early for a meeting, and now I may be a little late.
我本来在等开会 现在我该迟到了
Walter's meeting? Yes.
跟Walter开会吗? 是的
Your life is going to be full of Walter from now on,
从今以后Walter就在你身边阴魂不散
his calls, his telegrams, his commands!
你会整天接到他的电♥话♥ 电报 指令!
Me too. He's taking me away, you know.
我就是这样 你知道的 他要带我一起走
I do know that, yes.
我知道
He's got fingers in every pie, it's amazing, isn't it?
他在所有领域都能插上一脚 真是厉害 对吧?
He doesn't ever have deep thoughts or anything like that,
他甚至都没点儿深刻的思想
but suddenly he's in every pie!
突然间他就跻身了各个领域!
Come on, Lavinia, why are you so sad?
好了 Lavinia 你干嘛不开心?
You can smile at that!
你应该高兴的!
I am a little upset, of course, about what's happened to Louis Lester,
Louis Lester发生了那样的事 我有点儿难过
it's a terrible business.
真是太糟糕了
It is! It's shocking, quite awful!
是啊! 真是太可怕了!
And the news changes every minute, doesn't it?
新闻每分钟都在变 不是吗?
Walter told me, this morning,
今天上午Walter跟我说
that he's offered a reward, quite a big reward, actually, for any information leading to Louis' arrest.
他准备了一大笔钱 悬赏任何能协助逮捕Louis的消息
He's offering a reward? Are you sure?
他在悬赏? 真的吗?
Oh yes, it's going to be in the paper!
当然 马上就要见报了!
Well, that took long enough. They nearly fit.
真够久的 衣服还算合身
Where do they come from, one of your servants?
你从哪儿弄来的? 仆人那儿吗?
Yes. But that's much better.
是啊 这样好多了
Come on, Bernard, over here, the taxi will be here any moment.
来吧 Bernard 出租车很快就到了
Yes, ma'am.
是 夫人
When the taxi arrives, Bernard, I want you to tell the driver to go
Bernard 出租车来后 你跟司机说
to Fortnum and Masons in Piccadilly, I need a couple of items from there.
去皮卡迪利大街的福南·梅森百货 我要买♥♥点儿东西
Yes, ma'am.
好的 夫人
You may sit with me.
你可以跟我坐一起
We're not going to Fortnum and Masons, are we?
我们不是真的要去福南·梅森百货吧?
Of course not,
当然不是
when we're back in town, we'll head to that little music club, don't you think?
我们回到镇上 然后就去那家小音乐酒吧 你觉得呢?
It's funny what people chose to do with their lives.
人们各自选择的生活方式真有趣
I expect my mother would like it here.
我希望我母亲会喜欢这儿
I don't think bowls is very popular with Jews, so she wouldn't find many here.
犹太人♥大♥概不爱喝酒 所以这里没多少人喝酒
And that would make her so happy!
这正合她的心意!
Don't worry, the taxi will be here at any moment.
别担心 出租车马上就来
As soon as it's dark, I'll get out of London, to Bristol or Cardiff, and get a ship.
天一黑我就离开伦敦 去布里斯托尔或者加地夫坐船
Let's hope it's that easy.
希望一切顺利
It'll be easier on my own.
我一个人会更顺利
Ma'am.
夫人
Maybe.
也许吧
Or maybe you're less easy to spot when you're being a servant, Louis.
但也许你扮成仆人会更不容易被认出 Louis
There you are!
原来你在这儿!
Mr Luscombe, what a surprise!
Luscombe先生 没想到你会来!
I've been saying goodbyes all over town,
我到处跟人道别呢
and of course one of my first had to be you, Carla.
Carla 我自然要先跟你道别
It's been such a terrible day, hasn't it?
今天实在是太倒霉了 是不是?
With all those awful things in the papers about Louis,
报纸上报道Louis的那些乌七八糟的东西
it's not possible, it's just not possible he did anything to Jessie!
不可能的 他不可能做任何伤害Jessie的事
I know he can't have!
我清楚不可能是他干的!
Course he didn't.
当然不是他
I miss Jessie awfully!
我太想Jessie了!
I find myself saying things to her,
我常常想着她自言自语
there's so much I wish I had said, when I had a chance.
有很多话我早该亲口对她说
That's absolutely right, so do I.
严重同意 我也这么想
It's especially true today because my sister's gone missing, for a little while at least,
特别是今天我姐姐已经好几个小时不见人了
and I have all these goodbyes to do in just a few hours.
只有几个小时的时间了 我得跟大家道别
You're going today?
你今天要走?
Tonight, yes!
今晚 没错!
I really don't want to go, I hate the idea of a business job,
我真的不想走 我讨厌做生意
of belonging to someone, of not being able to do what I want,
讨厌依附着某人 讨厌不能做我想做的事
like you can, Carla.
而你可以 Carla
I won't be any more, we're having to leave this place, the band's breaking up.
我再也不能了 我们就要离开酒店 乐队要解散了
When I get to America, I'm going to look after you.
等我到了美国 我会照顾你的
I'm going to take you out there for a holiday
我会把你带到那儿度假
and tell everybody what a wonderful talent you have.
告诉所有的人你是多么有才华
And how much you mean to me.
还有你对我有多重要
Mean to you?
对你很重要?
How unforgettable you are, and our times together,
你们叫我如何能忘 我们在一起的时光
you and Jessie and me.
你 Jessie还有我
And how it will always be, it is,the highlight of my life.
那段时光永远是我人生中最美好的时光
You're holding me too tight, Mr Luscombe...
你握得太紧了 Luscombe先生
Please.
请别这样
How do you want us to say goodbye, then?
那你说我们该怎么道别呢?
I don't know...
我不知道...
Shake hands, like proper...
握手吧 像个有教养的...
Like proper what? Like proper gentleman?!
有教养的什么? 像个有教养的绅士?!
I don't know, Carla, if I ever will be a proper gentleman,
我也不知道 我会不会成为一个有教养的绅士
and shall I tell you something?
但是我可以告诉你吗?
Nobody I know is, absolutely nobody!
我认识的人没人是 没有一个是!
Except Mr Schlesinger, of course.
Schlesinger先生除外 当然
Mr Luscombe, good morning.
Luscombe先生 早安
Carla, I have to tell you this now, I'm afraid,
Carla 我得告诉你一声 恐怕
tonight is the last night you can use your bedroom here.
你的这间卧室你只能再用今晚最后一晚了
That's our notice is it?
这就是最后通知了?
Just one night!
只剩一晚了!
Sarah, we have a little present for you.
Sarah 我们给你准备了小礼物
It's a new camera.
是一台新的照相机
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表