剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
And you always know everything, Stanley.
而你总是无所不知 Stanley
He'll deny it, but he does.
他不会承认 但这是事实
You want me to guess which restaurant in Paris julian is having lunch in?
你想让我猜出Julian在巴黎的哪家餐厅用午餐?
That's impossible!
不可能!
No, it's not. He'll never be at the fuddy-duddy places
可的能 他从不像我那样喜欢去老旧的地方
I go to in Paris, like Le Meurice.
在巴黎的话 我会去莫里斯餐厅
He'll be at the place everybody's talking about.
而他就会去一些风头正盛的地方
So, you see, it's not quite as stupid as it seems.
所以 你看 这想法算不上愚蠢
It may surprise you,
说来你也许不会相信
but I don't have a list of all the fashionable restaurants in Paris in my head!
但不是每一家巴黎新兴的餐厅我都知道
I'm sure you could have a try, Stanley,
我相信你可以试试的 Stanley
I was certain you would know!
我肯定你会知道的!
And, of course, I wanted an excuse to see you, rather badly.
当然 我也想找个借口见见你 十分想见
I can't help you at the moment, Pamela, I've been up all night.
这会儿我帮不了你 Pamela 我已经忙乎一整夜了
You're not the only one who's been up all night.
不止你一个人整夜忙碌
I have no idea what Julian will do when he hears the news about Jessie,
我想不出Julian知道了Jessie的事情 会有什么反应
and I would hate for him to find out about it from the press.
我不想让他从报刊上知道这件事
It's going to be all over the papers.
各家报纸肯定会争相报道的
I'm afraid it will be,
恐怕确会如此
and we have to decide how we're going to cover it,
我们也必须商量一下如何报道
because this magazine helped launch the band, isn't that right?
毕竟是我们的杂♥志♥帮助这支乐队红起来的 对吗?
So it's a big story for us. I do realise that, Eric.
说对我们来说可是条大新闻 这我知道 Eric
And, of course, who knows how long the band will last now.
还有 当然了 谁知道这乐队现在还能撑多久
It may be difficult for them to get bookings after this.
也许 这件事后 他们就再难签什么约了
You're right.
对
Of course, thank you!
当然 谢了!
For what?
谢什么?
I must get to the Imperial right away, I should be there already.
我现在必须去一趟帝国酒店 我早该过去了
Don't go, not yet.
别走 先别走
Here.
来
Try these first, and if all else fails,
先试试这些 如果都不行
Eric will phone every restaurant above a certain price in Paris.
Eric会打给巴黎所有上档次的餐厅
What a business this is, Mr Mitchell.
好一个大新闻啊 Mitchell先生
Yes.
是
Yes, it's horrible.
是 很糟糕
The police are everywhere.
到处都是警♥察♥
They even switched off the Christmas lights,
他们甚至关掉了圣诞灯
and now they won't work, for some reason.
现在 又不知什么原因 开不回来了
I've been looking at the papers.
我一直在看这些报纸
Overnight, this was just a stop-press,
一夜之间啊 这还只是临时付印的
too late for the main editions. But now, look at this.
来不及编入主要版块 但现在 看看
This is just the start, of course. It'll grow, Mr Mitchell.
这还只是个开始 报道会纷至沓来 Mitchell先生
It will, yes.
是的
And when this was happening,
事发之时
I was sitting in the theatre watching such a dull play, and a very noisy one as well.
我正在剧院里看着一部又无聊又吵闹的剧
I will, of course, lose every cent I invested in it.
我投资进去的每一分钱都会打水漂
Well, excuse me, sir, I've got to talk to Mr Schlesinger.
抱歉 先生 我有话要和Schlesinger先生说
You'll keep me posted on how the lady is?
你会随时告知我她的情况吧?
Your information will be more up to the minute than mine.
你的消息比我的来得及时
I will.
好的
Twice a day.
每日两次
Twice a day?
每日两次?
If you'd be so kind.
如果你够好心的话
I pray she gets better.
我祈祷她好起来
Jack!
Jack!
Go away! I'm not in the mood for you today.
滚开! 我今天没心情见你
I'm not in the mood for you either, Harold,
我现在也没心情跟你废话 Harold
we'll have to settle this later. Goodbye!
这事儿我们稍后再谈 再见!
What is Jack Paynton doing here?!
Jack Paynton来这儿干嘛?!
Not now, Stanley!
现在别烦我 Stanley!
The entire place is overrun with police!
整个饭店到处都是警♥察♥!
Everything I've tried to do with this hotel looks like it's in ruins!
我为这家饭店所做的一切 如今看来都白费了!
Everybody told me not to have a negro band here,
每个人都告诉我不要雇用黑人乐队
everybody but you.
每个人 除了你
I didn't listen, and now, they're involved in a knife attack!
我却不听 现在好了 他们卷进了一桩持刀袭击案!
The band aren't involved, for heaven's sake!
这不是乐队的错 天呐
They weren't even here,
事发时他们甚至都不在场
they were playing for the fucking Prince of Wales!
他们当时正在给该死的威尔士亲王表演!
That makes it worse! Makes it even more newsworthy!
所以更糟! 因为这更有新闻价值了!
Started getting cancellations this morning!
今早就开始有顾客取消预约!
When they had that murder at The Savoy,
甘蓝酒店自发生了那起谋杀案后
it took nearly two years for their business to recover!
花了将近两年的时间 生意才恢复过来!
One way to make sure business collapses
要是想让生意垮掉
is to book Jack Paynton now!
就尽管去签Jack Paynton!
That's not true.
不是那样的
He's still quite popular, as it happens.
碰巧 他现在还挺受欢迎
Anyway, I've got to have somebody to play here -
无论如何 我总得找人在这儿演出
it's one of our busiest weeks, Christmas week!
这是我们最忙的旺季之一 圣诞周!
And it's clearly impossible for Mr Lester's band
而现在Lester先生的乐队显然不可能继续演出了
to continue under the circumstances.
因为发生了这样的事情
Why? Why is it?
为什么? 为什么不可能?
If you stop the band playing now,
如果现在不让他的乐队演出
you turn a bad incident into something that looks far worse,
你就是火上浇油了
like they should never have been here in the first place.
就好像他们一开始就不该在这里演出
If you let the band keep playing,
若你是让乐队继续演出
people will still come, definitely, because of their notoriety.
顾客还是会来 毫无疑问 正是因为他们的恶名
That's how show business works.
娱乐行业就该如此运作
They won't play anyway. They won't go on.
无论如何他们都不会演出了 不会了
Who says?
谁说的?
Mr Lester says.
Lester先生说的
Yes.
好的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Well, if you could...
嗯 你能不能...
Any news?
有什么进展吗?
No.
没
I look terrible today and you don't. How is that possible?
我今天糟透了 可你不是 怎么会这样?
Any different from most mornings?
与往日的清晨有什么不同吗?
And you're as calm as always.
所以你一如既往地镇定
Not really, no.
不是的 不是
Room 27!
27号♥房♥!
Come on, come on!
快点 快点!
So slow, they get slower and slower!
现在慢下来 跟大家一样越来越慢!
39 as well - make sure you do both!
39号♥房♥也是 这两间房♥都要去!
I'm going to stir things up a bit, Louis.
我现在要小小地捣乱一下 Louis
You've got to carry on performing.
你们要继续演出
It's not possible. Not until Jessie is much better.
不可能 Jessie情况明显好转之前 我们不会演出
Mr Schlesinger wants you to.
Schlesinger先生想要你们演
The band won't do it. It's out of the question.
队员不会同意的 这点没得谈
Shall I tell you what's going to happen if the band stop playing?
要我跟你说 如果乐队停止演出会发生什么吗?
All right, Joe?
嘿 Joe?
If you do that, Schlesinger won't be paying you, naturally,
如果停止演出 Schlesinger就不会支你们报酬
other bookings will prove difficult,
想要再签约就很困难了
and if you're unemployed, the immigration authorities will start chasing down
而如果你们失业了 移♥民♥部门就会开始找上门来
all your musicians who don't have residency here.
一个一个地找没有居留权的人的麻烦
I don't believe that, not straight away, after what's happened.
我不相信 发生了这样的事情 他们不会立刻行动
Especially after what's happened!
正是因为发生了这样的事情!
Your lead singer nearly gets killed in a knife attack
你的乐队主唱差点遇袭身亡
when she should have been playing for the Prince of Wales!
而事发时她却应该在为威尔士亲王献唱!
All sorts of stories will appear about the band.
关于乐队会有各种的报道
And the authorities will take an interest in you again. Do you want that to happen?
移♥民♥部门便会再一次对你们产生兴趣 你想这事发生吗?
Of course not, but I'll see to it. It won't happen.
当然不想 但我会想办法不让它发生
Well, there's only...there's only one way it won't happen -
这么说吧 只有...只有一个办法才能不让这事发生
if you keep your monthly contract here.
就是你履行这个月的合同 继续演出
Number 39 was not room service,
39号♥房♥不是叫客房♥服务
it was for you.
是叫你
For you!
就是你!
You rang, your Ladyship?
您打电♥话♥找我 夫人?
I'm sorry to have had you called like that, Stanley.
抱歉这样打电♥话♥让你过来 Stanley
I heard you were in the hotel from Mr Masterson.
我从Masterson先生处得知你来酒店了
Ah, don't worry. I don't mind being summoned - at least not by you.
没关系 我不介意被召见 至少不介意被您召见
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表