剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
and certainly not at funerals. Of course.
当然 在葬礼上也不会
Of course I understand that, but, actually, we might bump into each other
当然 我理解 但今天晚些时间我们可能还会遇见
later on today because you're kindly allowing the band to stay on your estate,
因为您好心准许乐队留宿在您的房♥子
and well, um, I've always wanted to meet you.
还有 呃 我一直都想见您
And just in case we run into each other later on,
只是想到万一待会儿我们碰见了
I just thought I'd say hello.
我想我应先打声招呼
And now you've done it, and at considerable length.
现在你已经打完招呼了 而且这招呼还挺长
Oh, er, I don't expect it will mean anything to you,
呃 我想你应该对我不太感兴趣
but I'm deputy editor and chief writer for Music Express.
不过...我是《音乐速递》的代理编辑和首席作家
Are you, Mr Mitchell? How very interesting.
你是Mitchell先生? 真是有趣
Why don't you come for tea at 4pm?
为什么不在下午四点来喝杯茶呢?
You and the band leader, Mr Lester.
你和乐队的队长 Lester先生
Did she invite me too, do you think? To tea?
你认为她也邀请我了吗? 来喝茶?
Of course! You know her, anyway.
当然了! 反正你也认识她
I don't know her.
我不认识她
I photographed her once in London, and she didn't like that very much.
在伦敦我为她拍过一次照 但她似乎并不是很喜欢
Here goes!
到了!
This was the perfect funeral for Charlie.
对Charlie来说这葬礼完美极了
I know there is the view that your kind of music can only appeal to a very small audience,
我知道有一种说法 认为你们音乐是小众音乐
but we saw just now in the village how all sorts of people can respond.
但刚才我们也看到了村里的人反响是多么的热烈
You're absolutely right, your Ladyship.
您说的很对 夫人
I'm sure you're wondering if I know anything about music,
我知道你们在怀疑我是否真的懂音乐
your music, someone of my age.
是否懂你们的音乐 尤其是我这个年岁的人
I wasn't wondering that.
我没有怀疑过
Mr Mitchell, if you would be so kind.
Mitchell先生 能帮个忙吗
Over there, on the second shelf, can you see the red binders?
在那边 第二个架子上 看到红色装订册了吗?
Blimey! I don't believe it!
天呐! 我真不敢相信!
Bound copies of Music Express!
《音乐速递》的合订版!
I've never seen that in somebody else's house before!
我从来没见过!
Of course not. I don't suppose anyone else would be mad enough.
当然不会 我想其他人也不会如此着迷
I know what I'm about to say is very stupid.
我知道我要说的话可能很蠢
Well, what is it, Mr Mitchell?
你要说什么 Mitchell先生?
You wouldn't...you wouldn't, would you, let me interview you? Now?
你不会...你不会 你会让我采访你吗? 现在?
I've always wanted to interview you.
我一直都想要采访你
Well, that would depend on the quality of the questions.
那就要看你的问题质量如何
Sarah, Louis,
Sarah Louis
you want to go and have a look at the garden, don't you?
你们想去花♥园♥看看 是吧?
Stanley! He's incorrigible. He's such a rogue!
Stanley! 他真是不可救药 这个无赖!
Don't change your mind. I think I've already changed my mind.
不要改变主意 我想我已经改变主意了
No, no, you can't.
别 别 不要
I hate talking about myself, I always have.
我不想谈我自己的事 我一直这样
I am going to say, "Is it true?"
我以"是真的吗?"的形式来问
And you're going to agree,
而您则可以表示同意
or rather if you'd be so kind as to agree, or not.
当然前提是您愿意示意 同意或者不同意
And I'm going to see how many I get away with before you stop me.
我看看在你阻止继续我之前我能拿到多少信息
Now, is it true Noel Coward sends you all of his plays
所有诺埃尔·科沃德的剧本在开拍之前
to read before he puts them on?
都会让你过一遍 是真的吗?
Yes.
是的
Is it true that you told MGM to sign Greta Garbo
你看过葛丽泰·嘉宝在一部瑞典电影中的表演之后
after you saw her in a Swedish film?
您就叫米高梅公♥司♥签下了她 是真的吗?
Well, when I was living in America, I spent time both in New York and Los Angeles,
我在美国生活的时候 在纽约和洛杉矶待过
and so I met all sorts of people.
因此我见过各种各样的人
Some of them were in the film business, and sometimes they asked for my opinion.
其中有电影业的人 有时候他们会问我的看法
I'm going to say that's true, then.
那么这是真的了
This must be the memorial garden for her sons.
这里一定是为她的儿子们而建的纪念花♥园♥
All three of her sons were killed in the war.
她的三个儿子都在战争中牺牲
All three? That's terrible.
三个都牺牲了? 太惨了
Yes, how do you get over something like that?
是的 这种事要怎么才能熬得过来?
Are your parents still alive, Louis?
你的父母还健在吗 Louis?
No, they're not.
不 他们不在了
My father did fight in the war, but he didn't die in it.
我父亲的确有参战 但没有战亡
Yes, there were coloured soldiers, Sarah!
是的 有色人种也曾当兵 Sarah!
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to look so surprised,
抱歉 我只是太意外了
I've just never heard of that before, but of course there must've been.
我之前从未听说过 当然这事肯定有过
Yes. He survived the war, my dad,
是啊 虽然我的父亲逃过了战火
but both my parents died in the flu epidemic.
但我父母最后还是死于流感
It happened very quickly.
猝手不及
What did you do?
那你怎么办?
That's when I started travelling, went to all sorts of places.
就在那时我开始漂泊 四处晃荡
I spent time in Paris playing in bars, time in New York,
如你所知 我在巴黎的酒吧弹琴 还有纽约
and a lot of time on the ocean liners, as you know.
在远洋商船上待了很长一段时间
So you've seen more of the world than I have?
所以你的眼界比我开阔?
Yes.
是的
Is it true that you've been trying very hard to get different things played on the wireless,
你努力地为广播引入多样化的音乐
a more exciting repertoire?
引入更具活力的节目 是真的吗?
Especially jazz music?
特别是爵士乐?
But I've been extremely unsuccessful so far.
但目前为止是很不成功
Now, Mr Mitchell, this has got to stop,
好了 Mitchell先生 到此为止吧
it's been oddly enjoyable, but that's quite enough.
谈话出奇地愉快 但是适可而止吧
Just one more, please!
最后一个问题 拜托了!
Is it true that famous artists have trekked across the world to see you,
著名表演家们从世界各地赶来见你
just turned up on your doorstep?
却被你拒之门外 是真的吗?
That is not true. Are you sure?
这不是真的 你确定?
That is not true, Mr Mitchell. Now shall we...?
这不是真的 Mitchell先生 我们可以...?
But is it possible somebody could come here, almost by accident, who was extraordinary?
但有无可能一些才艺非凡的人凑巧来到
And then you want to see them properly?
而您又正好想见他们呢?
You mean The Louis Lester Band? And of course the singer Jessie.
你指Louis Lester乐团? 当然还有主唱Jessie
Ah, that young girl?
啊 那个年轻姑娘?
Yes, I saw her sing at the funeral.
是的 我在葬礼上听过她唱歌♥
Yes, but you were an awfully long way away!
是的 但您当时距离实在太远了!
Can she sing again for you in the morning?
您愿意明早再听她唱一次吗?
You too? Oh, my God, it's freezing, isn't it?
你也来了? 天哪 冻死人了
So cold! We just had to have some tea.
好冷! 我们只能喝茶取暖
Yes, I don't think I've been this cold in my life.
是啊 我从没试过这么冷
Perfect.
好极了
Right, I'm going to go back with this,
好了 我回去喝了
see if I can make it through the night! Cheerio.
看能否熬过这晚! 回见
Isn't it funny, a lady with such modern taste
奇怪吧 一个品位如此新潮的女士
and her house is this cold.
她的房♥子却冷得像冰窖
And it creaks, too!
而且还嘎吱作响!
That's a bit warmer, isn't it?
这样暖和多了 对吧?
I think she might be awake!
我想她可能还醒着!
So best not to take any chances! Night-night.
最好不要乱来啦! 晚安
We're not late, are we, your Ladyship?
我们没迟到吧 夫人?
No, no, any time during my breakfast will do.
没有 只要在我吃早餐时就可以
So, my child, would you like to sing something for me?
好了 孩子 你愿为我唱歌♥吗?
I'll try, yes.
我会尽力的
What's the matter, child?
怎么了 孩子?
I don't think Jessie has ever seen an artichoke before.
我想是Jessie从未见过洋蓟
Have you not, my dear?
是吗 亲爱的?
Well, then you must have one, of course, at once!
那你得尝一个 必须的 快来!
That's very good, your Ladyship, hold it like that.
很好 夫人 就是这样
Did she say anything about Jessie?
她有说Jessie什么吗?
No. Not a thing.
没有 只字未提
Are there going to be many more of these?
还要照很多张吗?
I'm beginning to wonder why I agreed to it.
我不知道为什么会答应你们
Just one or two more.
就一两张
Have we done ourselves any good, do you think?
你觉得我们表现怎样?
It's quite hard to tell.
这很难说
I really don't know what she is doing on the cover. Lady Cremone!
我真不知道用她做封面有什么意义 Cremone夫人!
Of course I've heard of her, I know who she is,
我当然听说过她 我知道她是谁
but she's not a bandleader, she's not a musician of any sort.
但她不是乐队领队 她在哪方面都称不上音乐家
What on earth is she doing on the cover?!
到底干嘛用她做封面?
You agreed to it, Mr Wax.
您同意的 Wax先生
I don't believe I did, Stanley, you must have misheard me.
我才不相信我答应了 Stanley 你一定听错了
And yet again, there is an article on The Louis Lester band!
另外 又有介绍Louis Lester乐团的文章!
I've lost count of the number of articles you've done on them.
我记不清你为他们写过多少文章了
They are going to be the biggest band in Britain
他们会成为英国最出名的乐团
and we will have helped create them.
我们会是幕后功臣
There he goes again! He's always exaggerating.
他又来了! 他总是吹嘘
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表