剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
Maybe we can start talking about next week's cover now?
要不我们讨论一下下周杂♥志♥的封面?
Eric thinks we should try something more daring,
Eric 觉得我们可以尝试更大胆的东西
not just put another band leader on the cover.
而不是把另一个乐队主唱印在封面
Oh, quite right. We could put a big picture of the televisor
那是当然 我们可以放一张电视广播员的特写
on the front cover, that would surprise people.
绝对能让读者大吃一惊
Yes, Music Express.Sorry, who did you say you were?
你好《音乐速递》抱歉 您能刚才说您是谁?
It's the German Embassy! Of course, I'd be delighted to help.
是德国大使♥馆♥! 当然 我很高兴能帮上忙
When is it? Well, let me give it a little thought, in fact,
什么时候? 嗯 让我考虑一下上
I'll definitely give it a lot of thought.
我一定会好好考虑这个问题的
Ask them if they have any more information about Herr Pfenninger
问他们有没有更多关于Herr Pfenninger
and his orchestra without musicians.
和他的无人乐队的资讯
Maybe he's going to do a demonstration?
或许是他想要办场演出?
All right, I'll give you a call back when I've had an idea.
好的 我一有主意就给您打电♥话♥
Yes, yes, yes, it's a firm undertaking.
是是是 一定
All right, goodbye.
好的 再见
Must be your new look, Eric,
Eric 这一定是因为我们的新版
we've never had an embassy phone us before.
从来没有大使♥馆♥给我们打电♥话♥
They're having a very important function
他们要举办一场非常重要的聚会
and they would like us to recommend a band to play there.
而且他们希望我们能推荐一支乐队
Well, not jazz, of course!
嗯 可一定不是爵士 一定不是!
Course not.
当然不是
You're here, splendid! Stanley?
你在这 太好了! Stanley?
Word in private.
单独说几句
Will here do?
这行吗?
This is perfect.
很好
Nathan told me that when you played here on Christmas Day,
Nathan告诉我 圣诞节那天你在这里演出
some Germans from the embassy walked out as soon as you came on.
你们一上场 德国大使♥馆♥的人就立马走人了
Yes, but that was to be expected, wasn't it?
是 但这是预料之内的 难道不是吗?
What do you mean, that was to be expected?
你是什么意思 什么叫'预料之内'?
Does nothing make you angry, Louis?! Well, of course it does.
Louis没有事能让你生气 是吗 ?! 当然有
From what I hear, this new lot in Germany,
我听到的是 在德国有个地方
the National Socialists, well, they want to...
纳粹党人 他们想...
String you all up? Can't wait to do it?
迫不及待地要把你绑起来?
Yes, precisely what they want to do!
是 这正是他们想做的!
Let's just say they don't like jazz music quite a lot!
他们非常不喜欢爵士乐!
So it was to be expected. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it.
所以 这是我预料之内的 但是这并不代表我开心
Not happy about it? Is that all?
不开心? 仅此而已?
No, it's not all.
不是仅此而已?
But it's not clear exactly what one can do about it
但我们又可以怎样?
right at this moment.
在现在这个时候
Why are you suddenly so interested, anyway?
话说回来 你怎么突然好奇这事了?
What do you mean "suddenly?" It's not suddenly!
什么'突然'啊? 我绝对不是心血来潮!
Believe it or not, I think when one sees intolerance like that,
信不信随你 但是一个人看到那样不可容忍♥的事
as crude as that, you have to do something to expose it.
像样那残酷的事 你就要有所行动
And that's going to make a difference, is it?
你觉得这样就能改变现实?
You, Stanley Mitchell, music journalist, are going to make a difference!
你 Stanley Mitchell 音乐记者 要改变世界!
You're going to get rid of prejudice all by yourself?
你想凭你一人之力消除所有的歧视?
I didn't say I'd make a difference.
我不是说我要改变什么
Not right away!
不是立竿见影的那种!
So what's the idea?
你有什么想法?
The German Embassy are having a bit of a do
德国大使♥馆♥想办个聚会
because they've got a new Chancellor in Berlin.
因为在柏林有人新官上任
Goodbye old Hindenburg, hello Herr Hitler.
再见兴登堡 迎接希♥特♥勒♥
They've asked me to choose a band for them.
他们希望我能推荐一个乐队
What if we had a little bit of fun?
我们从中找点乐子怎样?
That would be terrific, but they'd never book my band,
很不错 但是他们决不会找我的乐队
they wouldn't let us anywhere near the building.
他们根本不可能让我们靠近他们的大楼
Well, no, of course not.
嗯 是 当然不会
But I thought I might handpick a few musicians I know and take it from there.
我可能挑几个我认识的音乐家 就从那开始
I haven't conducted in years.
我好几年都没指挥过了
You? You conducting?!
你? 指挥?
Yes. So that's what this is about!
是 这就是你要做的事!
I had a band at school, remember. It was very successful.
不记得了 我在学校的时候是乐队的 非常成功
We won a competition.
我们还赢过比赛
Good evening.
晚上好
Good evening.
晚上好
Good evening, Mr Masterson.
晚上好 Masterson先生
They're absolutely stuffed full of Sherlock Holmes, tennyson and Dickens in there!
他们肯定看了不少福尔摩斯 丁尼生和狄更斯!
Well, they're right.
嗯 他们做得对
That's all they need to know about British life, isn't it?
他们需要了解英国生活 不是吗?
Hello, darling. You look wonderful.
亲爱的 你真好看
Thank you.
谢谢
Stanley as a band leader -he's not bad, either.
Stanley这个乐队指挥当得也不错
He really is living one of his cartoons.
他是真活在自己的卡♥通♥世界里
He's being Farquhar and Tonk, inside one of their adventures.
他就像Farquhar和Tonk一样 活在他的冒险里
Perhaps Julian should start selling some of his cheese to this lot too!
Julian也应该可以在这个地方卖♥♥他的奶酪!
He really is taking it seriously,
他真的很用心经营
he's back in Paris now launching the business.
他回巴黎了 正准备开始他的事业
I need to find out more about this new lot
我要更多地了解这个地方
and if they can possibly last.
如果他们要长♥期♥留下的话
Ladies and gentlemen, excuse me a moment. But don't worry,
女生们 先生们 抱歉 但是别着急
they can manage without me for one number, as I'm sure you'll see.
他们自己奏上一首也不会让你们失望的
Right, come on, coat.
好 快点 穿上外套
He's feeling a little sick.
他有点不舒服
Some fresh air might make all the difference.
说不定呼吸些新鲜空气就好了
Right, Come on! Come on! They got the music?
好 快点 快点!他们拿到乐谱了?
Of course. I've thought of everything!
当然 我把所有的事都想到了!
They'll follow you, they're good musicians,
他们要跟着你演奏呢 他们可都是音乐好手
and they all think they're getting a recording contract.
他们都认为自己能赢来一份唱片合约的
That may have done a little good,we'll have to see.
外面的空气应该让他好点了
It was so cold out there we had to come straight back!
但是外面太冷了 我们不得不又回来了
No, no, no, he'll be fine.
不用 不用 他没事的
That'll do!
这样就行!
Pamela, look!
Pamela 看!
Oh, yes. I forgot the introduction. How careless of me.
对了 我忘了介绍了 真粗心
And now, we are truly privileged to have Louis Lester
我们荣幸的请到了著名的Louis Lester乐队的Louis Lester
from the renowned Louis Lester Band as our guest pianist here tonight.
担任今晚的钢琴表演嘉宾
Louis, who is creating such a sensation currently with his band,
Louis 和他的乐队正誉盛名
has broken off his busy schedule to be with us here tonight.
他在百忙之中抽空参与到我们今晚的聚会
It's wonderful to be here.
很荣幸能够来到这里
So it's all yours, Louis!
Louis 这个舞台是你的了!
I give you Louis Lester on the piano!
请Louis Lester演奏!
You knew about this, didn't you? Why didn't you tell me?!
你早知道这是? 你为什么不告诉我?
I didn't think they'd bring it off!
我不相信他们真能做到
Stanley really is an anarchist! It's rather wonderful.
Stanley真是个无政♥府♥主义者! 太美妙了!
Oh, goodnight, everybody!
大家 晚安!
The rest of the band have kindly agreed to stay.
乐队其他成员非常好心地同意留下继续演出
I thought we'd be arrested! That they were going to come for us.
我以为我们会被捕! 他们一定会过来追捕我们的
And throw you in a dungeon!
然后把你扔进地牢!
They couldn't believe somebody had let this happen,
他们不相信有人让这一切发生
a black man playing the piano at their party!
一个黑人在他们的聚会上弹钢琴!
It could cause a major diplomatic incident.
这很有可能引起一场大的外交事件
None of the papers will mention it, but we will.
没有一家报纸会报道这事 但是我们会
It'll be our next cover story.I don't care what Mr Wax says.
这将是我们的封面故事 我不在乎Wax先生会说什么
My congratulations. That was a marvellous thing to do.
恭喜 这是一件了不起的事情
It was, wasn't it?! To have the nerve to do that.
的确? 有胆量去做这样的事
I'm glad I didn't think about it more before I did it.
我很高兴我在做之前没有好好思考清楚
No need to stop! Could be the first of many.
没必要停下! 这可以是无限可能的开始
Yes, who'll be next?! Some Gentlemen's Club?!
是啊 下一个会是谁呢?绅士会所?
Or maybe the Queen Charlotte's Ball?!
或者是夏洛特女王的舞会?
Hang on, it's me that's got to do it,
等一下 今晚是我义不容辞
and I think we should quit while we're ahead.
我觉得我们应该见好就收
Maybe not quite yet. I want you to play for my parents.
还不够 我想让你给我父母演奏
And that really will be a challenge!
这可不是小的一个挑战
But to see people behaving like that at their own party!
除了看到人们在自己的聚会上的那个样子!
I'm going back in there to hear what they're saying,
我还要回去听听他们说些什么
they're all chattering at the top of their voices.
他们都在用最大分贝喋喋不休
Goodnight, my friends.
晚安 我们朋友们
Goodnight.
晚安
I was so proud watching you do that, it was so exciting!
看到你们做的 我太骄傲了 这太振奋人心了!
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表