剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
Stanley, you make me laugh, with all your claims, you really do!
Stanley 你的想法太可笑了 真的!
Do you think I'm exaggerating?
你觉得我在吹牛吗?
Maybe. Mr Wax is right, you often do.
也许吧 Wax先生是对的 你一贯如此
You're still angry with me, Rosie, aren't you?
你还在生我的气 Rosie 对吗?
No, I know what to expect from you, Stanley.
没有 我知道对你该抱什么期望 Stanley
After all, I've seen enough of it over the last two years,
毕竟 过去两年我都看在眼里
quite enough.
足够了
You're not quitting, are you? Of course not.
你不会辞职的 吧? 当然不会
I know this magazine is going to really grow,
我知道杂♥志♥社要发展起来了
and soon you won't be able to write it all yourself,
很快你一个人会写不过来
you'll be looking round for another writer.
你会请另外的编辑
And there'll be one right here in this office. Won't there?
办公室就会多一个人 对吗?
And so there will, Rosie.
是的 Rosie
There you are!
你在这儿!
I just dropped by to give you this. These are for you, Jessie.
我正好经过带给你 这是给你的 Jessie
Oh, thank you, Mr Luscombe, they're beautiful.
哦 谢谢 Luscombe先生 花很漂亮
And these are for you.
这些是你的
For me? Yes, I meant to get them the same size.
给我的? 是的 我本打算要一样大的
No, don't worry about that, they're lovely.
不 没关系 花很漂亮
Look at this room!
看看这房♥间!
No, I won't come in, thank you, but this room isn't nearly good enough.
不 我不进来 谢谢 只是这房♥间委屈你们了
We love this room! Oh, it's the best room I've ever slept in.
我们喜欢这个房♥间! 这是我睡过最好的房♥间!
No, no I'd like to arrange something better for you both,
不 我会安排下去 让你们都住得舒服些
I can do it easily!
举手之劳罢了!
No, no, please don't. We're really happy here.
不 不 千万别! 我们在这真的很好
Please don't, Mr Luscombe!
不用了 Luscombe先生!
Oh, well, if you don't want me to, then I won't.
好吧 你们不愿意就算了
Soon of course,
不用多久
you'll be staying in the biggest suites in the most fashionable hotels all across the world!
你们就会住进全世界最豪华酒店的最大套房♥!
That's not going to happen, Mr Luscombe!
那是不可能的 Luscombe先生!
Oh yes, and people are going to be crossing the Atlantic just to attend one of your concerts.
还有 人们会不惜横跨大西洋来听你的音乐会
And they'll wait for nights in the street,
他们会在街上等好几晚
just to get a glance of you as you drive away in a car.
就为了在你驱车离开时看你一眼
You mustn't do this, Mr Luscombe.
别闹了 Luscombe先生
And when you go abroad, even to the most faraway places,
当你去国外 即使是最偏远的地方
people will come running out of their houses into the street
也会有万人空巷的盛况
calling your name and blowing kisses!
呼喊着你们的名字 送飞吻!
Julian!
Julian!
I can't believe it, he's found me, even up here.
真想不到 在这都能被他找到
Julian!
Julian!
It's my employer.
是我老板
Julian!
Julian!
Excuse me.
抱歉
You have to go?
你得走了?
"The audience are crying out for a more exciting choice of music on the wireless,
'听众渴求电台播放更有活力的音乐'
"and this has to be delivered now!
'改变迫在眉睫!'
"At the moment, they are being fed a tired and familiar diet,
'目前 他们重复听着单调乏味的音乐'
"the same bands every night of the week!"
'同一支乐队占据了每一天的晚上'
What do you think so far, Mick? Quite strong stuff, Mr Mitchell.
觉得怎样 Mick? 用词很犀利 Mitchell先生
Damn right. "Listeners will soon be switching off in droves
没错 '听众会陆续关掉收音机'
"or hunting to find more exciting sounds,
'或者寻找更有趣的音乐'
"readily available from rival stations abroad."
'海外的广播已得到听众的垂青'
Oh, it's you!
噢 是你!
Oh, it's me, yes.
噢 是我
Give this to Rosie.
把这给Rosie
Tell her to take a look at it and see if she approves.
让她看看行不行
Sorry, you took me by surprise.
抱歉 你来我很惊讶
Don't worry, most people don't say, "Oh, it's you" when they see me,
别担心 不常有人看到我会说 '哦 是你'
so I suppose you can.
只有你会这么说
I'm just a little behind, is all. I'm interrupting, forgive me.
我只是没反应过来 抱歉打扰你了
No, you're not. I'm always behind. and er, well, I always catch up.
不 没有 是我后知后觉 我会适应的
I'm very glad to see you.
很高兴见到你
I'm glad to see you too, Stanley.
我也很高兴见到你 Stanley
Please.
坐吧
I think about you, every week, when I read your magazine.
每周只要读到你的杂♥志♥ 我就想到你
You think about me just once a week? Is that all?
你一周才想我一次? 仅此而已?
Yes, but that's quite good, isn't it? Hmm.
是的 这已经很好了 不是吗? 嗯
I know you think I'm not really interested in your magazine.
我知道你觉得我不是真对你的杂♥志♥感兴趣
Did I ever say that?
我有说过吗?
No, but you think it.
没有 但你是这么想的
I have noticed a few things. It's changing, isn't it?
我察觉到一些微妙变化 对吗?
It's getting more political.
政♥治♥意味更重了
I wouldn't go that far, I still have to get everything past Wax!
我不会那么深入 我得经过Wax的审核!
But you're sneaking more and more things in.
但你偷偷地渗透这些观点
Like...Farquhar and Tonk running a soup kitchen!
就像...《Farquhar和Tonk》经营的救济站
That's right. We managed to get that past Mr Wax.
是的 我们在设法征得了Wax的同意
You'll laugh, but as it happens, I know what it's like to be hungry.
说出来你会笑我的 不过事实是我知道饥饿的感觉
You do?
你知道?
You don't have to look quite so serious, Stanley!
不用这么严肃 Stanley!
I starved myself for ten days a couple of years ago.
几年前我节食十天
I could say it was to try and understand what it's like to be really hungry,
我可以说是为了体验真正饥饿的感觉
but actually, I was just trying to shock my parents,
但实际上 我只是为了吓唬我的父母
who are quite the dullest people in England.
他们全英国最无趣的人
Don't say anything to that, Stanley!
不要说我 Stanley!
Probably best I don't say anything, no.
我最好还是不说话了
So you can put me in this cartoon,
所以你可以把我写进漫画里
looking like a skeleton, mad eyes popping out,
瘦骨嶙峋 眼窝深陷
dressed in a ball gown with a coronet on my head!
穿着礼服 带着王冠!
You think I'd do that?
你觉得我会这么做?
Yes, Stanley, I really think you would.
是的 Stanley 我真觉得你会
There's a telephone call for you, Mr Mitchell.
你的电♥话♥ Mitchell先生
Yes, I'm coming.
好的 我就来
Hello?
你好?
I'm on the cover of your magazine, Mr Mitchell.
我上了你的杂♥志♥封面 Mitchell先生
You never said you were going to do that!
你事先怎么没和我商量!
It was too good an opportunity to miss. I hope you don't mind.
机不可失 时不再来 希望你不要介意
Well, it's an extraordinary thing to do.
这是很出位的事情
'I'm not a performer, who wants to see what I look like?'
'我又不是演员 谁想看我?'
More people than you think. I should be furious with you.
远比你想的多 我要生你气了
'In fact, I am furious with you, but that's not why I'm ringing you.
'事实上 我是对你很生气 但这不是我打给你的原因'
'I have another reason, something a little more interesting.'
'我有另外的理由 一个更有趣的原因'
I've had a notion, Mr Mitchell.
我有个提议 Mitchell先生
Hello, Louis.
你好 Louis
You're not going to like what I am about to say to you at all.
我接下来说的话你可能不会喜欢
Same as most days, then.
你说的话一向不好听 说吧
You've got to go back to that basement club where we first met.
你得回去我们初次见面的地下俱乐部
Says who?
谁说的?
Says me. You're going to play the most important session of your life.
我说的 你将进行你生命中最重要的表演
Deirdre, you look magnificent!
Deirdre 你看起来美极了!
Thank you, Stanley, I don't often get a chance to dress up like this.
谢谢 Stanley 我不常这么穿
I hate to say this, Deirdre, but you need to clean this place.
很抱歉这么说 Deirdre 你该打扫下这儿
It's been cleaned! What do you think I've been doing?
我打扫过了! 不然你觉得我在干嘛?
We're not leaving anything to chance.
不能有任何差池
Mr Lester! Mr Masterson needs to see you.
Lester先生! Masterson先生要见你
I can't see him tonight, Harry, it's our night off,
今晚我不能见他 Harry 今晚我们休息
we have a booking elsewhere.
我们在别地有演出
Mr Masterson indicated it was rather urgent.
Masterson 先生说有要紧事
Come in, Mr Lester. Come in.
请进 Lester先生 进来吧
You've been here before, of course.
你之前有来过这里了吧
I have, yes.
是的 来过
I like this suite. There are even bigger suites in the hotel
我中意这间套房♥ 酒店里还有更大的套间
but I'm fond of this one.
但是我喜欢这间
When you've seen as many hotel rooms as I have,
当你跟我一样看过足够的多酒店房♥间
you get a feeling for one that fits.
你就有那种非此不可的感觉
Yes, you may have heard about my interest in gold, Mr Lester,
没错 你可能听说我贪爱黄金 Lester先生
keeping it close.
话也不尽全对
You can think you've covered every possible eventuality,
你以为你能为不测风云做好万全的准备
how things can go wrong,but you never have.
不测风云会有 但不会有所谓万全之策
There will always be something that comes up from behind
背后事端横生
and tries to destroy everything one's created,
能让一个人的努力付诸东流
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表