剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表
Hello, Stanley. Mr Luscombe.
你好 Stanley Luscombe先生
Hello.
你好
Miss Sarah, Pamela. Thank you one and all for coming.
Sarah小姐 Pamela小姐 感谢您们赏光前来
I read your column, Stanley, and you see, here I am.
我读了你的专栏 Stanley 所以我就慕名而来了
It's tremendous somebody believes what I write!
有人能受我推荐而来 鄙人真是莫感荣幸
I shall be very interested to hear your opinion, Mr Donaldson.
Donaldson先生 我非常期待您的意见
I hope I shall have an opinion, Stanley.
已经无需我多言了 Stanley
Mr Mitchell.
Mitchell先生
Pleasure.
乐意之至
Hello, I'm Julian! Everybody decent?
你们好 我是Julian! 大家都方便吗?
Can we come in?
我们能进来吗?
Course.
当然
This is Pamela, my sister, and her friend, Sarah.
这位是Pamela 是我妹妹 还有她的朋友 Sarah
And this is Mr Donaldson, he's a connoisseur of your kind of music.
这位是Donaldson 对于你们的音乐他可是行家啊
A great authority, in fact!
实际上 称得上是绝对权威!
That was terrific music to dance to, thank you!
那是极适合跳舞的好音乐 谢谢你们的演出!
Well, thank you for dancing. I thought nobody was going to.
我们也很感谢您的舞蹈 我还以为没人会跳呢
Don't be silly, it was the least we could do, gentlemen.
别太谦虚了 这是我们应该做的 先生们
It was divine.
你们的演出非常棒
Well, I think it was probably the most disastrous booking we've ever had.
但我觉得这可能是我们有史以来最惨不忍♥睹的上座率
No, gentlemen. The audience maybe were a little surprised.
不是这样的 先生们 观众们可能有些意外
They couldn't believe their eyes!
他们简直不敢相信自己的眼睛!
But I thought you were excellent. No, I did.
但我认为你们的演出十分精彩
Sometimes my friend Stanley here exaggerates,
有时我的朋友Stanley会有些夸张
but in your case I don't think he is.
但他对你们的夸赞一点都不夸张
I do as it happens have one piece of advice.
不过我还有一个建议
Get yourself a singer.
找个主唱
A singer?
主唱?
Yes, I think it might make all the difference to your chances.
没错 我想这可能会带给你们更好的机遇
Just a thought, gentlemen, merely a notion -
只是我的个人想法 先生们 就是这么一个概念
I don't want to interfere, naturally.
实际上 我并不想干预你们
I will of course spread the word.
我会帮你们把消息传出去的
Talking of which, d'you want to come and watch me write my review?
说到这儿 你们想来看看我写的评论吗?
Do you let a lot of bands watch you write your reviews?
你常让乐队来看你写评论?
Absolutely not.
当然不是
I wouldn't let most musicians come anywhere near this office.
我通常不会让任何乐师靠近这个办公室
So why us?
那为什么邀请我们?
Cos you're different.
你们不同
Cos you're not Jack Paynton, for one thing!
首先 因为你们不是Jack Paynton!
And because I've been given the job of
也因为我接了个任务
making the Imperial a little more fashionable,
要把帝国酒店打造得更时尚一些
which is the sort of challenge I like.
我就是喜欢这类有挑战性的工作
So my reasons are purely selfish, naturally.
所以实际上 我的理由十分自我
So how many people read your magazine? Cos I never have.
到底有多少人会看你的杂♥志♥的? 我就从来没看过
More than you might think, and we're growing.
比你们想象中要多 并且我们还处在上升期
If you're asking me, "Does it matter what I write?"
如果你想问 "你写的东西会有人在意吗?"
I think it probably does!
我想答案也是肯定的
Ah, forgive me, I have to finish this as well,
啊 请原谅 我还得把这个也完成
I always do two things at once.
我通常一心两用
Come and have a look and see what you think so far.
过来看看就目前为止你们有什么看法
"The atmosphere was simply electric as the Louis Lester Band took
'在帝国饭店古老的宴会厅的台上'
"to the stage in the old ballroom at the Imperial Hotel."
'Louis Lester乐队带来的除了震撼还是震撼'
"Electric"? They hated us! That wasn't electric!
震撼? 他们讨厌我们! 我们一点都不震撼!
It was for me. And that's what matters.
那是对我来说 我的感受很重要
"One of our first ever home-grown coloured bands shook the room
'一支来自本土的黑人乐队以他们的艺术张力'
"with their intensity, and showed that this kind of music could
'技惊宴会厅 也展现了爵士乐的魅力'
"appeal to a much larger audience than it presently enjoys."
'定能吸引更多的听众'
You are home grown. That's right, isn't it?
你是本地人吧 是吗?
Yes, in a way, I was born here. Yes, and so was I.
可以说是 我在这里出生 我也是
But he's lost his birth certificate!
但他弄丢了他的出生证明!
Somewhere it's gone missing. I've got to find it some day!
一定放哪儿放丢了 终有一天我会找到的!
I was born in Cardiff, but my father,
我生于卡迪夫 但我父亲
he took us to Chicago when I was four years old.
在我四岁时就带我去了芝加哥
Ah, you're from the Midwest, Wesley?
啊 所以你来自中西部 Wesley?
Yes - until I had to leave in a hurry!
是的 直到我匆匆忙忙地离开那儿!
We met in a club in Harlem.
我们在黑人区的一家俱乐部相遇
I was there for five days without a break, watching every act.
我在那儿待了五天了 不眠不休地看他们的演出
We didn't leave the club.
我们没有离开那个俱乐部
I was on shore leave, I was working in the Merchant Navy on a liner,
我当时在一艘游轮上工作 适逢登岸休假
the Aurora. I told Wesley to come to England
在奥普拉 我叫Wesley来英国
and see if we could make something happen in the clubs in London.
看看我们能否在伦敦的俱乐部有一番作为
Most of the band have worked on the ships one time - sailors, or cooks.
许多乐手都在船上待过 当船员 厨师
Or stowaways!
甚至是偷渡者!
All of us have to report every week to the Alien Registration Office -
我们每周都要去侨民注册所报到
except Louis, of course, cos he's got the right documents.
当然 除了Louis 因为他文件手续齐全
Hang on, you have to do that every week?
等一下 你们每周都要去?
Every week, yes.
是的 每个星期
To get a work permit, they only give them to you week by week.
为了得到工作许可证 他们按周发许可
Of course, if we had a regular booking at the Imperial,
当然了 如果我们在帝国酒店有固定工作
that might help.
可能情况就不一样了
Well, I'd better finish my review, hadn't I?
噢 我得先完成我的评论 可以吗?
What is this?
这是什么?
Oh, I need to finish the speech bubbles for our strip cartoon,
噢 我要完成我们连环漫画的对话气泡
Farquhar and Tonk.
《Farquhar与Tonk》
Albert draws it, and he can't finish it until I've done the bubbles.
Albert创作了画的部分 我要配上文字才算完成
It's one of the most important things we've got.
这是目前我们最重要的工作之一
Farquhar's an inquisitive aristocrat, and Tonk is his valet who
Farquhar是一个好管闲事的贵族 Tonk是他的贴身男仆
happens to come from outer space, and together they have adventures.
他恰巧来自外太空 他们一起有一些奇遇
Now, we need a big finish here for the review.
现在 我们要给这篇评论来个精彩的结尾
What I really should say is...
其实我真正想说的是...
...get yourself a singer, Louis.
...找位主唱 Louis
Thank you.
辛苦了
I know, I know, we're not having any of this terrible West End singing.
得了 这种糟糕的西区唱法根本不行
She looked like she should be able to sing.
她看起来倒像是挺会唱歌♥的
Until she opened her mouth. Thank you.
她一张嘴你就知道了 辛苦了
You've got to go.
你得走了
Everybody, it's time to go.
伙计们 该走了
It's the day they have to report.
今天他们得去签到
Oh, there's plenty of time.
时间还多着呢
She's, she's waiting for her friend to arrive,
她在等一个朋友过来
she won't sing till then.
人到了她才会唱
Go, Wesley, go!
快去 Wesley 赶紧!
You've got to get to Woburn Square, it's nearly four o'clock!
赶紧去沃伯恩广场 都四点了!
I think the old man was best.
我觉得那个老头儿最合适
We probably should go for the oldest singer we can find!
年纪大也没关系 有主唱就行了!
Run, Wesley!
快去 Wesley!
They like to cut it as fine as they can.
他们总喜欢拖到最后一刻才去
I can sing now.
可以开始了
She's got the better voice, I know.
她唱得比我好 真的
It's both of us or nothing.
我俩得一起唱 否则就算了
Both of you?
两人一起?
I don't think that will be a problem.
这个不成问题
What are you thinking?
你在想什么呢?
I'm thinking about...
我在想...
There's nobody here to answer that, Stanley.
别去接电♥话♥了 Stanley
Somebody really wants you, Stanley, and they're not going to give up.
真有人找你 Stanley 还没完没了的
Music Express.
《音乐速递》
Oh, you ARE still at work, Stanley.
你还在工作啊 Stanley
Mr Donaldson! Yes, yes, I'm still at work.
Donaldson先生! 是 我还忙着呢
One of those nights you sleep there, is it?
你晚上偶尔睡在那儿吧?
That seems to be the case, yes. 'I need your help, Stanley.'
没错 '帮我个忙 Stanley'
But of course.
乐意之至
I'm having a lunch party in five days' time.
五天后我要举办一次午宴
'Am I invited?'
'我也受邀请吗?'
You could be. It depends if you can help me.
也许吧 这得看你能否帮我了
I have a very important -
我邀请了一位尊贵的
and I mean extremely important - guest coming who loves jazz music.
我是说无比尊贵的 - 客人! 他酷爱爵士乐
Who is it? 'I can't tell you that.'
是谁啊? '这个要保密'
I had booked Leslie Thompson but now he's ill, and they've had to cancel.
我原先请的Leslie Thompson病了 只好取消
'I don't quite know what to do, Stanley.'
'我无计可施了 Stanley'
剧集 | 边缘之舞(2013) | 导航列表