剧集 | 凯尔特人(2025) | 导航列表
So we alerted Auerbach,
他去找了酒店管理层
and he went to the management of the hotel,
对方最后同意
and they said that, well,
让我们在那吃饭
we could eat there.
这家酒店不知道自己拒绝的是职业球员
有趣的是 每次有人从窗前经过
And it was interesting because every once and again,
黑人都会这样瞄一眼
a Black person would pass the window
他们都是这个动作
and you'd see them do one of these.
就是这样
You know...
萨姆开玩笑说
So Sam said, we're just joking.
"我们不是球员啦"
We're not players.
管理人员立刻反应过来 "哎哟!"
And the management automatically said, oop!
然后赶紧把菜单收了回去
Pulled the menus back.
种族隔离冲击凯尔特人队的黑人球星
拉塞尔 "黑人被视为演员 而非平等的人"
我当时的想法是 "我回家了"
My attitude was, I'm going home.
如果我正准备比赛
Because if I'm getting ready to play
却连赛前一顿饭都吃不上
and I can't get a pre-game meal,
那我♥干♥嘛还要上场
why should I play?
我们说 "嘿 拉塞尔 你不打"
Well, we said, hey, if you're out, Russ,
"那我们也不打"
we're out.
赛前飞回波士顿
五名凯尔特人球员因在列克星敦酒店被拒提供餐食
拉塞尔 萨奇 萨姆和KC·琼斯离开了
Russell, Satch, Sam, and KC Jones left.
但对我们其他人来说 这一刻令人纠结
But it was a perplexing moment for the rest of us.
我们不知道该怎么办
We didn't know what to do.
最终 我们还是打了这场比赛
We ended up playing the game
因为我们必须打
because we had to play the game.
总得有人为弗兰克·拉姆齐打这场比赛
Somebody had to play the game for Frank Ramsey.
最近有人问我对这件事的看法
I was asked recently about my feelings on the topic.
说实话 我对这事儿没印象
I--the story wasn't familiar.
于是我给萨奇打了个电♥话♥
And so I called my friend Satch.
我问他 "萨奇 为什么我对"
I said, Satch, why don't I remember
"你们在列克星敦经历的事"
anything about the Lexington thing
"毫无印象?"
that you guys went through?
他说 "因为你没经历过"
He said, because you aren't part of it.
这是我和黑人球员一起打球时
This was the most difficult moment
最难熬的时刻
that I had playing with Black players
我却无法真正参与其中
and not being involved
因南方事件
凯尔特人依然愤怒
更无法以我认为最积极的方式去做点什么
in the most positive way I thought we could have been.
主教亲自开车
Auerbach's the one that ultimately drives 'em
送他们去机场 表达支持
to the airport and voices support for them,
凯尔特人队老板沃尔特·布朗也站在他们一边
as does Walter Brown, the owner of the Celtics,
弗兰克·拉姆齐则表示 "在肯塔基"
as does Frank Ramsey, who says no thinking man
"任何有理智的人都不会支持种族隔离"
in Kentucky is a segregationist.
但与此同时 白人球员仍然参加了那场比赛
At the same time, the white players play in that game.
所以 并不能说凯尔特人
So it's not to say that the Celtics
就是一个完全种族平等的乌托邦
were necessarily a racial utopia, not by any means.
但他们找到了合作共存的方式
More so, they found a language to work together.
弗兰克·拉姆齐是我的朋友
Frank Ramsey is a friend of mine,
从我们第一次见面起 他就是了
has been from the first day we met.
我觉得他的态度是——
I think that his attitude was that
你是个男人 你就得做你该做的事
you're a man, you do what you have to do.
我是个男人 我也得做我该做的事
And I'm a man, I do what I have to do.
但我们还是队友 对吧?
And we're teammates, you know?
当我们赢得总冠军时
When we won the championship,
我会问他们
I'd say, how does it feel to be
"成为世界上最伟大的篮球队的一员 感觉如何?"
a member of the greatest basketball team in the world?
我会说 "这世上还有比这更棒的事吗?"
I'd say, what more is there?
然后他们下一年又会回来
Then they'd come back the next year.
我会对他们说 "现在 所有人都在盯着你们"
I'd say to them, now they're after you.
"每个人都想挑战你们"
Everybody's after you.
"你们会眼睁睁看着他们把冠军从你们手中夺走吗?"
You gonna let 'em take it away from you?
默夫·格里芬秀
多高才算高?
How tall is tall?
我身高 6 英尺 9.625 英寸
I'm 6 feet, 9 and 5 8 of an inch.
有人比你更高吗?
Is there anybody taller than you?
要是你觉得我高 那你该看看张伯伦
You think I'm big, you should see Wilt Chamberlain.
他多高?
What's he?
大概 7尺1或者 7尺2 吧 差不多那样
About 7'1" or 2", something like that.
威尔特·张伯伦完全是另一个级别
Wilt Chamberlain was this whole other level,
和这里的任何人都不一样
completely different from everybody here.
他不是普通球员
This is not like anyone else.
我们都替比尔·拉塞尔捏了把汗
And we were afraid for Bill Russell.
他们根本无从比较我在做的事情
They had no way to compare what I was doing.
这已经超出了他们能想象的范围
It was so far out of the realm of believability.
他就是歌♥利亚
He was Goliath.
真的 大家都叫他"歌♥利亚"
Literally, people called him Goliath.
他们从未见过像威尔特那样的球员
They'd never seen anybody like Wilt.
张伯伦 VS 拉塞尔
第一次和张伯伦交手
The first time I played against Wilt,
他拿了 30 分
he got 30 points.
我得了 22 分
I got 22.
但那晚我的篮板比他多 我们赢了
But I got more rebounds than he did that night, and we won.
下一场比赛 我完全是副作用
The next game, I was of absolutely no value to my team.
我投入了太多情绪 彻底把自己榨干了
I put too much emotion into it and I drained myself.
足足花了一周才恢复
It took me at least a week to recover.
我不能再这样
I could not do that.
我要做的 就是打好我的比赛
What I must do is play the game
为凯尔特人打出应有的表现
that I play for the Celtics.
我总说拉塞尔就像雅典
I always say that Russell was like Athens.
他是雅典人 善于思考
He was the Athenian, and he thought things out.
他会推演比赛的几何逻辑
He thought out the geometry of the game.
而张伯伦 则是斯巴达勇士
And Wilt was the Spartan.
你会看到张伯伦在拉塞尔头上扣篮 轻松碾压他
You see him dunking on Russell and blowing him away.
拉塞尔也并非每一次对决都占上风
It wasn't like Russell won every moment of every match-up
无论从哪个角度来看 都不是压倒性的
in any way, shape, or form.
但拉塞尔在对抗张伯伦时
But there's a whole level of basketball brilliance
展现出了一种超越常规的篮球智慧
that I think Russell employed against Wilt.
投篮不中 拉塞尔篮板
Shot is missed, but Bill Russell rebounds,
萨姆·琼斯接球命中
and Sam Jones has it.
凯尔特人防守大将比尔·拉塞尔今晚迎战张伯伦
勇士队对阵凯尔特人 张伯伦大战拉塞尔
这是 NBA 最引人注目的故事
It was the preeminent story of the NBA,
拉塞尔与张伯伦的对决或成季后赛关键
即便是对篮球不太关注的球迷
something that even the casual fan of basketball
在篮球真正需要这些球迷的时候
could grab on to when basketball really
也能被这段故事所吸引
needed those casual fans.
记住 篮球是一项团队运动
Remember, basketball is a team game.
当我面对其他球队时
And when I faced teams,
没有人愿意单防我
nobody wanted to face me singly.
无论是一个还是五个比尔·拉塞尔 都不行
Nobody--Bill Russell or five Bill Russells.
哪一场失利让你最耿耿于怀?
Which of the defeats got under your skin?
嗯——
Well--
因为他赢得更多
Because he won more often than not.
是啊 这就足够
Yeah, you know, that is enough
让任何人不爽了
to get under anybody's skin, you know,
前提是你有点自尊心
first of all, if you have skin.
你懂吧
You understand?
张伯伦前阵子来过
Wilt Chamberlain was here a while ago.
自然而然 我们聊到了 张伯伦vs拉塞尔
Naturally, we talked about Wilt versus Russell,
他也谈到了你
and he talked about you.
他说 你知道吧 他到现在还是那句话——
And he said, you know, he still says
"我根本不配给拉塞尔提鞋" 大致就是这个意思
I couldn't carry Russell's jock, in so many words.
我觉得他还是挺在意你这么想的
I think it kind of bothers him that you feel that way.
那就好
I'm glad it does.
我们交手那么多次——
All the times we played them--
海因索恩
Heinsohn.
他总是把输球归咎于——
He always blamed the fact--
琼斯小子
The Jones boy.
拉塞尔身边队友太强了
That Russell had good surrounding cast.
鲍勃·库西 这个老油条
Bob Cousy, the old pro.
凯尔特人通常更胜一筹
More often than not, the Celtics were better.
但有一件事我可不服
I'll tell you one thing that I have a quarrel with.
你可能说得对
剧集 | 凯尔特人(2025) | 导航列表