剧集 | 凯尔特人(2025) | 导航列表
in my bag, so I just went out all around in Boston.
一路喝一路逛 不知不觉已经凌晨四点
I looked up, it was like 4 o'clock in the morning.
我想 "既然还在城里"
And I was in town, so I decided, well,
"那就干脆找张长椅躺一会儿好了"
I'll just stay here and go over and sleep on this bench right here.
一睁眼已经早上八点了
I woke up about 8:00 in the morning.
街上都是穿西装打领带的上班族
All these people with their coat and ties
路过我时还一脸震惊地看着我
are walking by, going oh, man,
我心想 "千万别上新闻啊"
I hope this doesn't make the press.
我采访过的球员里
The most intriguing personality
他是最特别的
that I ever covered--
其他人只能并列第二
everybody else is tied for second place--
那就是戴夫·考恩斯
it's Dave Cowens, who happened to be the most intellectually
最有他是我见过最有求知欲的人
curious person that I ever dealt with
对所有事都充满好奇
in terms of fascination about everything.
考恩斯"转会"出租车分队
变身波士顿一日司机
我记得他还去当过出租车司机
I remember him becoming a cab driver
为了看看普通人过得怎么样
and see what was going on with the real people
和他们聊聊天 当个普通人
and talk with real people and not be famous,
这点真的很迷人
which is endearing in itself.
我以前跟他一起工作过
I used to work with him.
他是我见过最没束缚的人
Uninhibited, the most uninhibited person I knew.
戴夫是个无拘无束的人
Dave is a free spirit.
他做了许多旁人只敢想
You know, but he does things a lot of other people
却不敢做的事
would like to do.
可那个年代 如果你不是白人
Well, in that time, if you're not white,
你就不能如此肆意而活
you can't act that way.
查理·斯科特是凯尔特人手感最火热的球员
Charlie Scott has been the hot man for the Celtics.
我之所以这么说
And the reason I said that
是因为当我加盟球队时
was because, at the time I came there,
正值 1975 年 波士顿种族冲突愈演愈烈之际
it was '75 when you had the race riots going on.
波士顿的种族冲突
There has been a resurgence
又开始抬头了
of racial trouble in Boston.
绞死法官!
Hang the judge!
绞死法官!
Hang the judge!
我永远忘不了那天我走在博伊尔斯顿街上
I'll never forget walking down Boylston Street,
一个黑人男子正好穿过
and a Black guy was walking through
一群正在示♥威♥白人的中间
where whites were picketing.
当他走过那条抗♥议♥队伍时
And when he walked across the picket line,
一个白人就冲过来猛打他的头
the white guy just started beating him
还朝他脸上又踢又打
beside his head and whatnot.
南波士顿方面表示
In South Boston, police protection
对黑人学生的警力保护提升了三倍
was tripled for Black students
他们被送往这个全白人社区上学
busing into the all-white district.
把他们赶回罗克斯伯里!
Send them back to Roxbury.
我们这些住在市区的孩子 会在一个叫
All the inner-city kids, we met up at a place called
哥伦比亚角的地方碰头
Columbia Point, which was right between,
就在我们社区和南波士顿之间
you know, our projects and South Boston.
每次都有骑警车队把我们团团围住
And we would get surrounded by motorcades on the bikes,
他们要一路护送我们进学校
would have to guide us into our school.
南波士顿根本是另一个世界
South Boston was a whole different beast.
一群白人青年
A crowd of young whites
开始投掷石块 砖头和瓶子
began throwing stones, bricks, and bottles.
有一天我在走廊里走着走着
I was just walking through the halls one day.
一个白人学生冷不丁地推了我一下
This white kid gave me, like, this unexpected shove.
你知道高中下课换教室的时候
You know how you're in high school and you're bopping,
从储物柜赶去教室
you're going to class after the locker?
砰!
Boom!
我当时就愣了 "你有病啊?"
I was like, yo, man, what the hell is wrong with you?
他回了句 "没事 回你种植园去吧!"
Nothing. Go back to your plantation.
我当时脑子里只有一个念头
I just remember having this thought of, like,
他们到底为什么恨我们?
why they don't like us?
我完全无法理解
It was just, like, so baffling to me
居然只是因为肤色 就能遭人痛恨
that you could be hated because of your skin color.
我当年也是坐那种校车的孩子
I was on one of those buses.
我从多切斯特坐车去罗克斯伯里上学
I went to school in Roxbury from Dorchester.
对于六七岁的孩子来说
It's really complicated for six-, seven-,
这种事真的太复杂了
eight-year-old kids to understand
根本搞不懂人们为什么在抗♥议♥
what's going on and why people are protesting things,
为什么有人会对孩子上学感到愤怒
why people are angry about kids going to school.
那件事改变了我整个世界观
It just changed everything in my world.
我在一台 13 寸黑白电视里
I'd see parents protesting
看着家长们上街示♥威♥的画面
on our little black-and-white 13-inch TV.
你们先走 我们就走
You'll leave, then we'll leave.
这是你们逼的——
You pushed us--
就是这台电视 我们还在上面看凯尔特人夺冠
On the same TV that we watched the Celtics win.
在这座城市作为一名黑人运动员
What it must have been
究竟会是怎样的体验
to be a Black athlete in this town.
那些在场边为你欢呼的人
Some of the very people who are cheering you
却不愿和你住在同一个街区
don't want you living next door to them.
而这些人当中
Some of those very people
甚至有人会对和你孩子同龄的黑人学生扔石块
are throwing rocks at kids who look like your kids.
这座城市将被生生撕裂
This city will be torn apart
而这道裂痕的愈合 比所有人预想的都要漫长
for an even longer period than most had imagined.
校车引发的暴♥力♥仍在持续
强制校车政策滋生出
仇恨与屈辱
波士顿再陷种族冲突漩涡
Boston's latest racial confrontation
昨日下午市政厅广场爆发激烈对峙
occurred yesterday in City Hall Plaza.
注: 《The Soiling of Old Glory》拍摄于 1976 年 4 月 5 日
次日刊登于《波士顿先驱美洲报》头版 并迅速在全美多家报纸广泛传播
该照片于 1977 年荣获"突发新闻摄影"类普利策奖
这些影像里充满了仇恨
There was a lot of hate in these images.
这些是当时事件的底片原件
These are the actual negatives from the incident.
就是这张照片定格了那个瞬间
Right here is the picture right here.
那是个周一的清晨
It was a Monday morning,
一群反对校车政策的示♥威♥者
and there was a group of anti-busing demonstrators
聚集在市政厅广场
at City Hall.
我回头一看
And then I looked over my shoulder,
看到有个男人朝广场这边走来
and I saw this man coming up the plaza.
突然之间 一切在我眼前爆发
All of a sudden, it happened in front of me.
有人举起了美国国旗
The flag went up.
这太令人痛心了
It's upsetting,
比我想象的更加难以承受
more upsetting than I thought about it,
特别是重新审视这些照片时
looking at them.
天啊……
Oh, boy.
这张照片看起来——
This looks as though
我是刚被打 或者马上就要挨打了
I'm either about to get hit or have just been hit.
那天早上我参加了一个会议
I had a morning meeting to advocate
为有色人种争取市政工程的就业机会
for more jobs for workers of color
是关于市政♥府♥项目的
on city projects.
我记得有人从背后扑了上来
I remember someone jumping me from behind,
还有人一拳打在我脸上
someone else hitting me in the face
把我眼镜打飞
and knocking my glasses off,
鼻梁也被打断
which broke my nose,
血流了一地
and created a lot of blood.
那天我差点死在市政厅广场
I could have been killed on City Hall Plaza that day.
一群懦夫
Cowards.
这张照片正诠释了——一幅影像如何重塑历史
That image is how one picture can change history.
它瞬间传遍全球
That went everywhere.
从那一刻起
And from that moment on,
在所有黑人同胞心中
Boston was a racist town
波士顿就此被钉上种族主义的耻辱柱
in the perception of Black people.
凯尔特人过往所有的善举 以及未来
All of the good stuff that the Celtics franchise had done
可能建立的功绩 都被这张照片彻底抹煞
and would do was just washed away by that image.
在我成长的环境里
Growing up where I'm from,
无论对错与否
wrong, or indifferent,
关于波士顿 我听到的只有两件事
the only really things I heard about the city of Boston
凯尔特人 和根深蒂固的种族问题
was, like, the Celtics and racism.
除非真正在这里生活
You don't understand it until you live here
在这里经历岁月流转
and until you spend time here.
我的整个成年岁月都留在了波士顿
I've spent all my adulthood in Boston.
我儿子也是在这里出生的
My son was born here.
我在这买♥♥了人生第一套房♥ 拥有了第一辆车
I bought my first house, my first car.
太多人生的重要时刻都与这座城市交织
剧集 | 凯尔特人(2025) | 导航列表