剧集 | 凯尔特人(2025) | 导航列表
Brian Shaw, the former Celtic, he said earlier this week,
"小精灵已经死了"
the leprechaun is dead.
那时候的篮球真糟糕
It was bad basketball.
ML·卡尔不是红衣主教
M.L. Carr was not Red Auerbach.
我看不到任何希望的曙光
I didn't see light at the end of the tunnel.
不出意外 凯尔特人在星期五晚上
The Celtics went home, as they should have done,
耻辱出局
humiliated Friday night.
ML·卡尔炒掉了主教练 然后说
M.L. Carr fired the coach, said,
"我们要展开一次全国范围的选帅"
we're going to have this nationwide search,
结果 他雇了自己
and hired himself.
卡尔任命自己为凯尔特人主帅
选帅在选秀前
八天草草收场
我从一开始就说过
I said, from the beginning, I would do
我会竭尽所能 重建这支球队
whatever is necessary to help rebuild this team.
屏幕上的是安托万·沃克
Antoine Walker on your screen right there.
沃克扣篮得手!
And the finish by Walker.
我刚从肯塔基大学出来
I had just come from University of Kentucky,
刚拿下全国冠军
winning a national championship.
新秀赛季 对我来说满是挫折
My rookie year, it's a lot of heartache.
我就那样被直接丢进了火坑
I got kind of thrown in the fire.
但我明白 那时候球队
But I understand the organization
正经历着转型期
is going through a change.
安托万·沃克!
Antoine Walker.
我们尽量找点乐子 继续看球
We try to make the best of it and watch
看着菜鸟安托万·沃克
Antoine Walker, as a rookie,
努力去打遍场上五个位置
try to play all five positions.
凯尔特人一路往上爬
Celtics keep making the climb
又一次滑回山脚
and then slipping back down the hill.
ML 还在摸索 怎么带一支靠速度打球的队伍
M.L. is trying to learn how to coach quickness and speed.
我当时就在想 "这到底是怎么回事?"
I was like, what are we doing here?
"我们真的有在努力吗?"
Like, are we really trying?
"这还是凯尔特人吗? 我们真想赢球?"
Is this the Celtics? We really trying to win?
我喜欢 ML
I like M.L.
但我们到底在干嘛?
What are we doing?
让 ML·卡尔掌权是个错误
Putting M.L. Carr in charge was a mistake.
他人很好 真的是个好人
He's a good guy, wonderful person,
但他不该带那支球队
but he shouldn't have been in charge of that team.
那任务 对他来说太沉重了
You know, too much on the plate for him.
我知道自己要面对什么
I knew what I was getting into.
但没想到会糟到这种地步
I didn't know it was going to be as bad as it was.
有天一个人打电♥话♥到办公室
Guy called the office one day,
在电♥话♥那头大吼大叫
and he's screaming.
他说 "我真搞不懂你在干什么!"
And he goes, I don't understand what you do!
"你正在毁掉凯尔特人!"
You're destroying the Celtics organization!
这支球队的进攻真的出了大问题
I think this team has really got offensive problems.
他们根本得不了分
They can't score.
质疑我引进哪些球员可以
Challenge my choices about what players
质疑我的决定也行
to bring in, what--do this.
但别质疑我的判断力
But don't challenge my intellect.
我几乎每天都得为自己辩护
And so I had to fight those battles all the time.
凯尔特人已经完全崩♥盘♥了
The Celtics are just totally out of it.
更糟的是 我收到了无数死亡威胁
The bigger piece was the number of deaths threats I got.
后来我♥干♥脆不去理会那些电♥话♥了
And I got to the point where I wouldn't even answer them.
他当时遭到的那些仇恨言论 其实并不意外
Some of the vitriol that he got, not surprising.
从记者的角度 我能理解那种情绪
I mean, I get it from a writer's perspective.
我没收到过死亡威胁
I didn't get death threats.
但我也常常收到带种族歧视的恶意信件
I used to get nasty, racist letters.
可我只是个报道球队的记者而已
So--and I was just a writer covering the team.
我无法想象 作为凯尔特人门面人物的他
I can't imagine what it must have been like
要承受怎样的压力与敌意
for him to be the public face of the Celtics.
波士顿如今正经历艰难的时刻
Hard times in Boston these days.
但讽刺的是——
The unfair part is that, I'd say, halfway
到赛季中段时 ML 想要的
through that Celtics season, what M.L. wanted
球队老板保罗·加斯顿想要的
and what Paul Gaston, the owner at the time, wanted
以及球迷想要的 其实都成了一件事
and what the fans wanted was the same thing.
我得说 他们现在根本不在比赛状态
I'll tell you this, they are not in game shape.
就是想在乐透抽签上押更多筹码
Put some more equity in that lottery system
争取能选到最强的新星
so we have a chance to get a top player,
那个人
the top player.
当时只有一个目标
There's only one guy.
邓肯直接把球扇进了看台
Duncan throws it into the first row.
要是他们明年拿到蒂姆·邓肯
If they get Tim Duncan next year,
这些球迷就会期待球队能
the fans around here will expect this team
一夜之间重获竞争力
to become competitive overnight.
如果能拿到邓肯 我们就有机会
If you land Tim Duncan, there's a strong chance
升起更多冠军旗帜
that you're going to put more banners up.
所以我们让自己处在那个位置——
And we put ourselves in a position
在乐透抽签中拥有最多的乒乓球
to get the most ping-pong balls for that lottery that year.
所以他们的做法是 先拼出一支
So what you do is, you assemble a team
并不怎么样的队伍
that isn't very good,
然后告诉他们 "全力以赴"
and then you tell them to try your hardest.
但其实你很清楚 这支队伍赢不了
But you're putting a team out there that you know can't win.
这是一种很微妙的操作
So it's a subtle thing.
而他们干得相当漂亮
And they nailed it.
我可以一本正经地说——
I can honestly say, without cracking a smile,
波士顿凯尔特人如今是职业篮球史上
that the Boston Celtics are now the worst team ever
最糟糕的一支球队
in professional basketball.
不仅是凯尔特人队史上最糟的一支
Not just the worst team in Celtics history.
也是我亲眼见过最烂的篮球队
It's the worst basketball team I've personally ever seen.
他们那年只赢了 15 场
They won 15 games.
"做绿衫军真难" 好吧!
Not easy being green? Well--
其实我们那时候烂到我都不敢出门
In fact, we were so bad, I wouldn't leave my house.
我老婆都说 "我们别出去吃饭了"
My wife was like, we're not going to dinner.
我就说 "那去我们小区那边也行"
Be like, we can go to my neighborhood
"那的人都认识我"
because they know me.
但波士顿市区绝对不去——
But we ain't going anywhere in Boston,
大家都嫌我们晦气
because y'all stink.
ML·卡尔向对方教练挥手
As M.L. Carr waves at an opposing coach
这是他的最后一场
for the final time.
有时候得先触底 我们才能再爬起来
We got to hit rock bottom before we get back up.
自新球馆落成以来
This is the biggest Celtics event
这是凯尔特人最重大的一次事件
certainly since the building of this arena.
他们降下了所有冠军旗帜
They've pulled all the banners down.
您现在看到的是 "加冕仪式" 的现场直播
You're watching coverage of the coronation,
今天不止一人这么形容
as it's been called by more than one person today.
里克·皮蒂诺时代正式开启
The Rick Pitino era officially begins.
球迷们盼望这将是伟大复兴的起点
Fans are hoping this is the start of great things.
凯尔特人迎来新领袖
皮蒂诺或将
带领球队反弹
据报道 凯尔特人向皮蒂诺开出
The Celtics are reportedly offering Rick Pitino
10 年总额超过 7000 万美元的合同
upwards of $70 million for ten years
皮蒂诺整装待发 接手凯尔特人
本土英雄再现
主教评价
"他会是一名主教练"
其中还包括球队的部分股权
and part ownership of the team.
皮蒂诺的履历无需多言
Pitino's track record speaks for itself.
无论他走到哪支球队
Everywhere he goes, the situation
情况都会变得更好
gets better, everywhere.
他让普罗维登斯闯进四强
Providence went to the Final Four.
让尼克斯重回竞争行列
The Knicks got better.
又在肯塔基拿下全国冠军
In Kentucky, they win a national championship.
真是甜蜜的时刻
How sweet it is.
我当时手上还有 6 份邀约
I was offered six other pro jobs,
其中包括湖人 金州勇士
including the Lakers, Golden State Warriors,
以及篮网
the Nets.
但我全都拒绝了
And I turned them all down.
在我看来 能让我离开肯塔基的
There was only one job you could leave Kentucky for,
只有波士顿凯尔特人
and that's the Boston Celtics.
我将执掌体育史上最具
I'm going to coach one of the greatest traditions
荣耀传统的球队 并让这支球队
in all of sports and bring back this organization
重返冠军舞台
to the championship level.
尽管皮蒂诺的到来被视为
While Pitino's arrival is being heralded
重大利好 但有人也因此成为牺牲品
剧集 | 凯尔特人(2025) | 导航列表