Yo. That was Ledger.
《纽约文汇》的电♥话♥
One of Jackson's coworkers said that he saw him
杰克逊的一位同事说他看见
leave the building about an hour ago
杰克逊一小时前和一个长得像卡塞尔的人
with some guy who looked like Castle.
离开了大楼
Castle found Jackson?
卡塞尔找到了杰克逊吗
And he has no idea how dangerous he is.
他完全不知道那人有多危险
Damn it, Castle, answer.
该死 卡塞尔 快接电♥话♥啊
Why can't he just stay out of this?
他怎么就不能不插手这件事呢
When have I ever stayed out of anything?
我什么时候不管过这些事情
Oh, thank God.
谢天谢地
Now, what are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
I know the rules, but, uh, given who I'm with,
我懂规矩 但考虑到和我一块来的人
I thought we might make an exception.
我想我们可以破个例
I knew this day would come.
我知道这天会来的
When Shana called the other night,
当莎娜那晚打电♥话♥给我时
I was almost relieved.
我几乎松了一口气
Just tell detective Beckett
就告诉贝克特探长
what you told me about why she called.
你告诉我关于莎娜打电♥话♥的原因
It was about her boyfriend.
是关于她的男朋友
She wanted to know how Jeff Whalen really died
她想知道杰夫·韦兰
that night at Radnor university.
那晚在拉德诺大学的真正死因
Jeff was pretty wasted.
杰夫那晚烂醉
Uh, he went upstairs to get some air.
他上楼去透气
And the next thing I remember was the scream.
我记得接着就听到一声尖叫
Now, I didn't see what happened,
我没有看到发生了什么
But I know Jeff wasn't alone in that room
但我知道杰夫摔下窗户时
when he fell out the window.
他不是独自一人在房♥间
You think that he was murdered?
你认为他是被谋杀的吗
All I know is the next day,
我只知道第二天
I was pressured to change the story.
我迫于压力要修改那条新闻
I was told to take out any mention
有人让我把任何提到
of who was in the room with him.
是谁和杰夫一同在房♥间的信息删除
Wait. Who pressured you?
等等 谁给你施压
Someone big.
某个大人物
He said he was just trying to protect his son's reputation.
他说他只是想保全他儿子的名誉
He told me he could ruin my life...
他说他可以毁了我的人生
or he could do great things for me.
或是助我成就大事
I was a kid, and I was scared.
我当时只是个孩子 我吓坏了
And since the cops already said that it was an accident,
我想既然警♥察♥已经宣布那只是个意外
I figured why ruin two lives?
何必毁了两个人的人生呢
Only it wasn't an accident.
只不过那不是场意外
By the time I had realized the investigation had been...
当我发现警方的调查被人做了手脚时
rigged, I had already helped to cover up a murder.
我已经成了帮人掩盖谋杀的从犯
And if you had come forward,
如果你站出来
your career as a journalist would be over.
你的记者事业也就结束了
Exactly.
没错
I can't hide from it anymore, you know.
可我不能再逃避下去了
Who were they protecting, Frank?
他们在保护谁 弗兰克
Who pushed Shana's boyfriend out the window?
谁把莎娜的男友推出了窗外
Last person I told that, um, wound up dead.
上一个问我这个问题的人死了
I mean, you sure you really want to know?
你确定你想知道吗
Let me get this straight.
咱们把话说明白
You think federal prosecutor Spalding Elliot
你认为联邦检察官斯伯丁·埃利奥特
killed Shana Baker?
杀害了莎娜·贝克
The events support it, sir.
这正是事实所指
According to Mr. Jackson, right after Shana spoke to him,
据杰克逊先生说 莎娜找过他之后
she went to confront Elliot about his role
就直接去找埃利奥特对质
in her former boyfriend's death.
问他是否和她男友的死有关
And he's a parent at her school,
他孩子在她所在的学校上学
so she knew where to find him.
所以她知道他的联♥系♥方式
Look, it -- it's no secret
众所周知
that Elliot is being groomed for bigger things,
埃利奥特正欲大展宏图
so maybe he needed to silence Shana
也许他必须要将莎娜封口
to keep her from destroying him.
以防她毁了自己
Detective, if you're gonna go after
探长 如果你要指控
the top federal prosecutor in New York,
纽约市最出色的联邦检察官
you're gonna need more than just the word
只凭一个违反了职业道德的记者的几句话
of a compromised journalist.
是远远不够的
You're gonna need bullet-proof evidence,
得有铁证
and you don't have it.
可你没有
What if we can place Elliot at the crime scene?
如果我们能证明埃利奥特在案发现场呢
We found a cigarette butt with DNA evidence on it.
我们找到了一个有DNA证据的烟头
Which you're gonna match to his how?
你准备怎么跟他做比对呢
I doubt if he's gonna volunteer his DNA if he's guilty.
如果他是凶手 他肯定不会自愿提供DNA样本
We'll find a way.
我们会想办法的
Tread lightly, detective.
谨慎为之 警探
You're hunting big game here.
你的对手可不容小觑
And until we have a stronger case,
在我们获得更多证据前
we cannot afford to attract any attention,
绝不能引起注意
which means, Mr. Castle,
也就是说 卡塞尔先生
you cannot be involved in this at all,
你跟这个案子不得有半点关系
even in your - private-investigator capacity.
即使你是私♥家♥侦♥探♥也不行
Sir, we never would have gotten this far without --
头 我们能查到这一步多亏了
Oh, no. Actually, uh, she's right.
不 她说得对
Rules are rules.
规定就是规定
As a matter of fact,
实际上
I shouldn't even be here right now.
我现在都不应该在这
Well, that was easier than I expected.
这比我想象中容易多了
Yeah.
是啊
Come on.
丢啊
Come on.
丢啊
There.
好了
One sample of damning DNA evidence coming right up.
DNA证据拿到了
Sorry, Sherlock. Not this time.
抱歉 神探 这次不能让你了
Pros will take it from here.
下面该由专业人士接手了
A cigarette butt.
一个烟头
Is that supposed to mean something?
这有什么含义吗
It was recovered at the scene of Shana Baker's murder.
这是我们在莎娜·贝克的谋杀现场取回的
Preliminary DNA tests indicate it's yours.
初步的DNA检测证实这是你留下的
That's not possible.
这不可能
It is, because you were there.
可能 因为你就在现场
You killed her, Mr. Elliot.
你杀了她 埃利奥特先生
That's ridiculous. I didn't even know her.
这太荒唐了 我根本就不认识她
Why would I kill her?
我♥干♥吗要杀她
Because she knew the truth
因为她知道
about what happened that night at the party,
那晚在派对上发生的事情
about Jeff Whalen's murder.
她知道杰夫·韦兰谋杀案的真♥相♥
We know that she tracked you down,
我们知道她找到了你
and when she confronted you, you had her silenced.
当她找你对质时 你杀了她灭口
Okay, listen.
听着
Okay. She did track me down.
没错 她是找到了我
And she practically accosted me
她那晚就等在
in front of my office the other night.
我办公室门口堵我
And I told her the truth, all right?
可我把真♥相♥都告诉她了
That -- that I -- yes, I was in the room
没错 杰夫坠楼那晚
the night that Jeff fell,
我是在屋里
but I did not push him.
但我没有推他
It was an accident. It's in the report.
那是个意外 警方报告中都写了
Then why did your father cover it up?
那你父亲为什么要掩盖这件事
Because he knew that the truth wouldn't matter,
因为他知道真♥相♥并不重要
that I would be convicted in the court of public opinion
大众会仅仅因为我当时也在屋内
just for being there,
而认定我有罪
and that my political career would be over
那样一来 我的政♥治♥生涯还没开始
before it ever started.
就要结束了
So you swept it under the rug,
于是你就掩盖了事实
and then when Shana came along --
当莎娜找到你
She -- do you -- do you think she was the first?
她 你认为她是第一个为这事找我的人吗
Listen, my enemies have been circling
多年来我的敌人
around this story for years.
一直追着这件事不放
And you want to know why the media's never run with it?
你知道为什么媒体一直没有报道此事吗
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表