It's the feeder school in the city,
市里的直属学校
the only place to be if you're 3 years old and connected.
三岁的权贵之家后代 都在这里上学
Isn't that Spalding Elliot over there?
那不是斯伯丁·埃利奥特吗
The state's top prosecutor.
全州最厉害的检察官
He's on the short list for attorney general.
他是司法部长的候选人呢
And behind him, James Kallman, internet billionaire.
后面那位 詹姆斯·卡尔曼 网络富豪
Even spotted Diddy in the carpool lane.
我还在共乘车道看到了吹牛老爹
Ah, this place is a bastion of the city's elite.
这地方聚集了这座城市的精英
I wonder what our victim did here,
不知道被害人在这儿做了什么
what foul scheme she was tangled in.
她究竟被卷入了怎样的邪恶计划里
Uh, Castle, you can't just follow me inside
卡塞尔 你不能就这样跟我进去
and sit in on my interview.
然后偷听的我调查
Well, actually, um...
可实际上...
I was here first,
是我先到的这里
So, really, you're following me.
所以你得跟着我进去
Shana was our admissions director.
莎娜是招生办主任
Parents, kids, everybody loved her.
家长 孩子 大家都很喜欢她
How did she seem to you recently?
你觉得她最近表现正常吗
Any changes in her behavior?
行为上和以前有什么不同吗
Actually, I don't know.
其实 这点我并不清楚
She hadn't been around the past few days.
过去几天她并没有来上班
Why not? She had been working long hours
为什么没有 她之前一直在加班
to finalize admissions for our new students.
为了最终确定新生的录取情况
She just sent the acceptance letters out last week,
她上周才把录取通知书发出去
so she took the past couple of days off to recover.
所以她最近几天就请假休息了
If acceptance letters went out,
既然录取通知书发出去了
does that mean rejection letters went out, as well?
是不是说拒信也已经发了呢
Look, I know what you're thinking,
我知道你是怎么想的
and, yes, parents can get a bit emotional,
确实 家长们会变得情绪激动
especially when it comes to their kids being turned down.
特别是在他们的孩子被拒绝录取之后
Nothing has ever risen to the level of something like this.
不过事情从没有变得像现在这么严重
Well, maybe this year did.
也许今年确实变得严重了
There's something you guys got to hear.
有个东西你们得听听
You think you can ruin my kids' life?
你觉得你可以就这样毁掉我孩子的人生
Bitch, I know where you live,
婊♥子♥ 我知道你住哪里
and you'll never see me coming.
你给我小心点
This was left on Shana's voicemail a few days ago
这是几天之前留在莎娜的语♥音♥信箱里的
and pretty much describes what happened to her.
也差不多正好描述了她的遭遇
Dr. Matthews, do you recognize this voice?
马修斯博士 你能认出这个声音吗
I'm afraid I don't.
我听不出来
Okay, check with the rest of the staff,
好的 问问其他员工
see if anyone else does.
看看是否有人认得
We'll also need copies of the school's phone records,
我们还需要一份学校电♥话♥的通话记录
as well as a list of parents that received rejection letters.
以及收到拒信的家长名单
Of course.
没问题
Can I get a copy of that list, too?
能也给我一份那个名单吗
I'm gonna take that as a no.
我就当那是拒绝了
Can't say that I'm shocked.
其实也不算意料之外
A group of powerful people not used to hearing the word no.
一帮手握大权的人根本听不得一个不字
Come on, Castle, you really think
拜托 卡塞尔 你真的觉得
that rejection from preschool qualifies as motive for murder?
被一所幼儿园拒收就能成为谋杀的动机
With a feeder school like this one?
像这家一样的直属学校
A rejection from here could mean
被这所幼儿园拒收就意味着
not getting into the "right" elementary school,
没法进入好小学
which affects high school,
从而影响高中
which affects college, and, oh, my god.
进一步会影响大学 我的天
Ah, people do insane things for their kids.
父母为了孩子总会有疯狂的举动
You'll see.
你会明白的
Where are you off to?
你要去哪里
Back to the precinct.
回局里
Look, Castle, if it was my choice --
卡塞尔 如果我能选的话...
Oh, please.
你误会了
Why would I want to go to the precinct?
我才不会想去局里呢
No, a P.I.'s work is done in the field,
不 私♥家♥侦♥探♥的工作是在现场完成的
and I've got lots of leads to follow up on.
而且我已经找到许多有用的线索了
Okay. I'll see you tonight.
好的 那晚上见
See you tonight.
晚上见
So unfair.
真不公平
A private investigator?
私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I swear, sir, I had nothing to do with this.
我发誓 长官 和我一点关系都没有
Yet he showed up at your crime scene!
可他还是出现在你的罪案现场了
Let me remind you, the D.A. was very explicit.
我要提醒你 地方检察官明确地说了
Ever since he worked that case for the mob,
他上次跟黑帮合作那桩案子之后
Mr. Castle can no longer take part in our investigations.
卡塞尔先生就再也不能参与我们的调查了
He's not.
他没有参与
I mean, technically, he's conducting
严格意义上来说 他是在进行
his own investigation, and since he's licensed,
他自己的调查 因为他有了执照
legally, there's not much that I can do to stop him.
法律上说 我也没法做什么阻止他调查
Okay, Detective, but let me be perfectly clear,
好吧 探长 让我再重申一遍
you cannot help him either.
你不能帮他调查
And that goes for you, too.
你们俩也听着了
I'm sorry? No sharing of information,
你说什么 不许分享情报
no granting access, nothing,
不许给他权限 什么都不行
or there will be hell to pay.
不然你们会后悔的
Understood?
听明白了吗
Yes, sir. Yes, sir.
是的 长官 是的 长官
Good.
很好
"How much trouble can he be?"
"他能惹多少麻烦呢"
Trust me, once he finds out that he has to work this case without me,
相信我 等他发现他得自己调查这案子
he's gonna get bored, and he's gonna move on.
他就会觉得无聊 然后就不管了
He found our victim's school without you.
他自己一个人找到了被害者的学校
Yeah, but that was easy.
是啊 不过那个很简单
He doesn't have access to financials,
他又没法查到财务状况
to phone records, to street-cam footage.
或是通话记录 或是街头监控的录像
I mean, how far is he gonna get?
他能查到多少东西
You know what would really suck?
你知道什么情况最糟吗
If Castle solved this case before we did.
卡塞尔比我们先把案子破了
And this not possible.
那是根本不可能的
Yeah, but what if he did?
是的 可是假如他成功了呢
Well, then we'd never hear the end of it.
那我们的耳根就别想清净了
Uh, no, you would never hear the end of it.
不 是你的耳根不会清净了
You're the one who has to go home to that guy.
你才是那个每天要和他回家的人
Listen, there is no way that he can solve this case before us.
他根本不可能在我们之前把案子破了的
All right, who are you,
你是谁
and what are you doing with a dead woman's dog?
你为什么会抱着死者的狗
Think you can get the drop on me!
你以为你能偷袭我吗
You don't know who you're messing with.
你根本不知道你对付的是谁
Who are you? Why are you following me?
你是谁 为什么要跟踪我
Can't answer...If can't talk.
没法回答...说不了话
Okay, my name is Richard Castle, and I'm --
我叫理查德·卡塞尔 我是...
Oh, I can show you. No, no!
我可以给你看... 别 别
Pepper spray?!
胡椒喷雾剂
why did you do that?!
你为什么要这么做
I thought you were reaching for a gun!
我以为你要掏枪出来
No, I was reaching for my P.I. license.
不是的 我是拿我的私♥人♥侦♥探♥执照
You're a P.I.?
你是个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
Aw, man, I'm sorry. Come here.
兄弟 真抱歉 快起来
I was mugged last week, all right?
我上周被抢劫了
You can't trail people like that.
你不能这样跟踪别人
Sorry.
对不起
I'm looking into the murder of Shana Baker.
我正在调查莎娜·贝克的谋杀案
Oh, wait.
什么
Shana's dead? Yes.
莎娜死了 是的
She was my friend.
她是我的朋友
Hey, who killed her?
凶手是谁
Brian Whitman, senior partner at Tenzer Capitol.
布莱恩·惠特曼 藤泽资本的高级合伙人
We traced the threatening call to his office.
那通威胁电♥话♥是来自他的办公室
The guy's a big shot
这家伙是个大人物
with even bigger anger-management problems,
他的情绪问题比他的来头还要大
including slamming his Tesla into this driver who cut him off.
上次直接把他的特斯拉撞向超他车的人
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表