剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
Earlier, you remember, I was driving this sublime Rolls-Royce Dawn --
早些时候 你也许记得 我驾驶庄严的劳斯莱斯曜影
a car I loved and a car that Chris had a few issues with.
一辆我爱着却被克里斯嫌弃的车
Yeah, so here's the real issue with the Dawn, though, Matt,
没错 讲真 曜影真有个问题
OK, here's the deal.
问题在于
With all brand-new Rolls-Royces, it's the same thing.
对于所有的新款劳斯莱斯来说
Fresh out of the showroom, they're just too flashy.
出了展馆 它们都显得十分招摇
They rub people up the wrong way.
它们激起人们的负面情感
I'm not saying it's fair on the car or the owners,
我知道这对曜影和它的车主们不公平
it's just the way it... It's just a fact.
但是这 就是事实
You have to allow several decades between buying a new Rolls-Royce
你买♥♥了劳斯莱斯必须得等个几十年
and then the Rolls-Royce becoming classic, classy, and loved.
那时候它们才会变得醇厚 经典 令人喜爱
Seriously. Do you believe me?
真的 你相信不
No.
不
OK, look, here is what I'm talking about. Look at this.
那好 来看看这个 这就是我所说的
A 1976 Rolls-Royce Corniche. Isn't this beautiful?
一台1976年劳斯莱斯险路 它美吗
Yes.
美
See? It's beautiful.
看到了吗 大家都说好
Isn't this YOUR 1976 Rolls-Royce Corniche?
这不是你的劳斯莱斯险路吗
Yes. It's also mine, but that's sort of precisely my point. Right?
对对对 是我的 但同时它也是我的观点的完美例证
People can't fail to smile
人们看到它驶过
when this glides by even with a tool like me behind the wheel.
即便驾驶座上的是我这种货色 都忍♥不住会微笑
OK, and the funny thing is Chris actually believes that. All right?
嗯 有趣的是克里斯真的相信他的观点 对吧
So what we decided to do was put it to the test,
所以我们决定 来一个测试
OK, by taking the Dawn
把曜影和克里斯的
and Chris's Queen Mary here on the campaign trail.
玛丽王后放进挑战
We let the honest people of Dingle, West Ireland decide for themselves.
让西爱尔兰丁格尔海岸的老实人来判定
Yes.
没错
So, welcome to the Rolls-Royce Corniche,
欢迎来到劳斯莱斯险路
one of the best of the very best.
皇冠上的明珠
OK, it may only be half as powerful, not even,
或许它马力只有曜影一半 可能都不到
maybe a tenth as reliable on a good day, but you know what?
天好时候的可靠性也只有其十分之一 但是
None of that matters.
你知道吗 那都不重要
In fact, it makes the Corniche more attractive,
事实上 那只会让险路更充满魅力
gives it vulnerability, you know, makes it more human.
让它变得脆弱易病 反而更加人性
Chris Evans cracks me up.
克里斯要让我崩溃了
He's going to be going on and on about nostalgia
他只是一直在怀旧
and how cars were better in the old days.
强调以前的车有多好
I'm here to tell you they weren't. They sucked.
而我就是想要告诉你 它们很烂
Now, on a road like this,
现在 在这条路上
do you have your traction control on or off?
你的牵引力控制开着吗
Well, it's sort of permanently off
这个嘛 它在永久关闭状态
because I actually don't have traction control.
因为我没有
What?
什么
Discussions like this are considered inelegant
像这样的关于劳斯莱斯的对话
when it comes to Rolls-Royces, Matthew.
是会让人不齿的 马修
The question -- old Rolls versus new Rolls.
新老劳斯莱斯对阵
The town of Dingle to decide.
由丁格尔城判决
They would vote for their favourite at the end of the day
他们会在那天的结束为这两辆车投票
so we had just a few hours to garner as much support as we could muster.
所以我们只有几个小时来拉票了
And the campaign trail... kicked off here.
对决 则在这里开始
Not knowing much about Gaelic sports,
并不了解盖尔足球的我们
we waited for what we hoped was half-time...
等待的是中场休息
.. before targeting the most qualified people
来拉足够格的人
to judge between a couple of swanky cars -- a load of footballers.
一群足球运动员 来投票给这两辆奢侈的车
Bring in the teams!
把它带进训练场吧
What do you think, new or old?
你怎么看 老的还是新的
Come on, come on, ref, get in.
拜托了 裁判 来感受一下吧
Let me show you the boot.
来看看后备箱
On this one, the transmission is hooked to the sat nav
这辆车里 变速箱连上了导航卫星
and it can tell what's coming and puts you in the right gear
导航能导入路况数据 自动切入合适的档位
for what the road looks like in front of you.
来适应你面前的路况
'It became clear that I was going to struggle
很明显 在展览模式下
'with Matt in full showroom mode.'
我会被马特吊打
Push down.
摁下
That sells the car right there, that button.
光靠这按键就能把车卖♥♥了啊
'And, even worse, I had that Hollywood charm to contend with.'
更糟糕的是 我还要面对他的好莱坞明星范
Hi, how are you? Good, how are you? Good, good, good, good.
嗨 你们好吗 很好 你呢 很好很好
Hang on, there's nobody in my car any more.
拜托 现在居然没人在我的车里了
'Already confident about the evening's big vote,
我已经踌躇满志地期待晚上的大选
'I called for an early opinion poll.'
然后我开始了提前民♥意♥调查
What if we do this,
这样如何
let's say all the players go around the car that they'd prefer.
选手们请走到自己中意的车那边
Let's try that.
试试看
I think if it was a vote between me and you,
我觉得吧 如果这就是投票
you obviously would become president.
你显然就要当总统了
I think it was the new Dawn.
可不是我 是这台新曜影
It was the Dawn of a new day, if you will.
是这闪耀新时代光辉的曜影
Oh, don't get all poetic on me, please.
别让我闻到这文艺气息 拜托了
Gaelic football had been a disastrous start for the Corniche.
对老车来说 当地足球队无疑是一个糟糕的开局
The Dawn's flashy gadgets and the seemingly irresistible draw
曜影车上那些华而不实的装备和那顶免费的雨伞
of a free umbrella had won people over.
看上去已经赢得了人们的喜爱
But I really think they were missing the point.
不过我真的认为大家错过了重点
See, the thing about a Rolls is you have to wait.
关于劳斯莱斯最重要的一件事就是等待
You have to wait long enough for time to peel back
你必须耐心等待
that stigma of in-your-face ostentation,
时光褪去那咄咄逼人的气质
"Look at me, I'm Charlie Big Potatoes,"
看啊 我是一个叫做查理的大人物
to reveal a beautiful patina riven into the leather
当皮革木纹和车漆出现岁月的光泽
and the walnut and the paint and the very spirit and essence of the car.
与车子的个性一同散发出美丽的光辉
'It's those more characterful things about the Corniche
险路身上的特点显得更有性格
'that make me love it.
也让我更加喜欢它
'I just needed to find someone in Dingle to agree.
我现在只需要在当地找到认同者
'Luckily, our next stop seemed more likely to go in my favour.
幸运的是 下一站看上去更对我味
'We'd been challenged to a smell test.'
我们被要求进行一次气味测试
Your car just smells of new, it's got that new smell.
你的车子闻起来就是新的 一股新车的味道
You know, the smell you can buy in a canister
这种味道是你可以买♥♥到成罐的
and just spray it for two quid.
喷个全车也只需要2英镑
Does your nose work?
你的鼻子好使么
To settle the dispute,
为了解决我俩的争执
we were meeting someone whose nose works very well indeed.
我们来找一个靠着鼻子工作的家伙
Dingle's head distiller, chief whiskey sniffer, Michael.
当地头牌酿酒师 顶级威士忌闻酒师 迈克尔
If one of your products here were to smell like an old wet dog,
如果你的产品闻上去像一条老迈的落汤狗
would you sell it?
你会把它卖♥♥到市场上嘛
No. Perfect.
不会 那就对了
'So, we put our roofs up for maximum pungency,
于是我们把车顶关上 保持风味
'and seeing as that would take Chris until sometime next week...'
看上去这工作好像克里斯要到下周才能完成
How you doing over there?
你怎么样了
Yeah, fine, thanks, I don't need any help.
很好 谢谢 我不需要帮忙
'.. Michael started in the Dawn.'
迈克尔从曜影先开始
Hmm.
嗯
He seems to be enjoying it.
他的样子看上去很享受
'Turns out a quarter of a million buys you the luxurious smell of...'
结果25万英镑买♥♥来的奢华味道的评价仅仅是
Interesting.
有点儿意思
'Interesting? What the hell does that mean?
有点儿意思 这到底是什么意思
'OK, time for a new approach.'
我决定换一个套路
Let me tell you about the leather in there.
我跟你讲讲车的这些皮吧
The leather is made from 12 Bavarian bulls
全车的皮革用了12头巴伐利亚公牛
that are raised at altitudes too high for mosquitoes
养殖在蚊子无法生存的高海拔地区
so that they don't put holes in the hide
因此皮上没有洞
and treated with a special treatment that doesn't squeak.
而且他们用特殊的加工方式让皮革不会发出声音
Move your butt around, it does not squeak.
动动你的屁♥股♥ 一点儿声音都没有
Hmm.
嗯
Is that nice? Yeah.
是不是很棒 是的
'Michael didn't seem entirely convinced.'
不过看上去迈克尔并不是很信服
Please.
请吧
Careful the door doesn't fall off when you open it.
小心点 你开门的时候 门可能会掉下来
What do you get?
你闻到了什么
Well, there's the wood and the leather.
木头和皮革的味道
It's deep, it's almost tobacco.
味道沁的很深 就像烟草的味道
It is... It is very...
感觉很
It's complex, but it's good. I like it. I'm impressed.
很复杂 但是感觉很棒 我很喜欢 我被打动了
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表