剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
we're looking at other lightweights, we've got the Caterham 620R,
我们来找找其他的轻量化汽车 卡特汉姆620R在这儿
1.22.3, and then we go up the board,
1分22秒3 再往上看
the BAC Mono, the king or queen of the lightweights, 1.14.3,
BAC Mono目前是轻量化汽车的王者 1分14秒3
and the Zenos E10S, on a mildly moist and damp day,
而Zenos E10S 在有些潮湿的赛道上
has come in at 1.25.1, which is just about there.
跑出了1分25秒1 也就是在这儿
It's OK. That's OK.
还不错 还不错
While Chris was dealing with the pain of the Zenos,
当克里斯在忍♥受Zenos带给他的痛楚的时候
I was dealing with the pain of the new Rolls-Royce.
我却在忍♥受新款劳斯莱斯带来的痛楚
The Rolls-Royce Dawn.
劳斯莱斯曜影
17 feet and £250,000 of very British convertible.
一辆5米长 价值25万英镑的英国敞篷车
And yes, 17 foot long, £250,000 convertibles can sometimes --
当然了 一辆5米长 25万英镑的敞篷车有的时候
sometimes -- run the risk of being a bit attention-seeking.
会让人感觉是在故意出风头
Shouty.
炫富
Case in point -- way, way out in front,
举例说 在最前面摆着一台
a twin turbo 6.6 litre V12 engine will, at your request,
6.6升双涡轮增压的V12引擎 如你所愿
serve up 563 horsepower.
可以提供563匹马力
It'll proceed from a standstill to 60mph in under five seconds.
可以在5秒内从静止加速到100公里每小时
Which is very invigorating.
真是振奋人心
But the rest of the messy physics of driving
但剩下的那些杂七杂八的物理驱动部件
are kept well and truly below deck.
则还好好的呆在引擎罩下方运作着
Generally, when you buy the convertible version
通常来说 如果你买♥♥了一辆有着巨大引擎和众多气缸
of an expensive car with a large engine and many cylinders,
售价高昂的敞篷车的话
it's so you can hear that large engine with many cylinders.
你能听到那些引擎和气缸们的咆哮声
But the Dawn is far too diplomatic for anything
但曜影对所有事物都极富手腕
so uncouth as engine noise. Huh!
至于那些粗野的排气声 哼
And it's far too polite to concern you with nonsense like feedback.
而且他是那么谦逊 不会用反馈这种小事来叨饶你
The steering tells you pretty much nothing
转向系统几乎不会告诉你
about what's going on with the tyres.
在轮胎上发生了什么
Just occasionally you get the merest hint through the chassis
只是偶尔 你能从座位上感受到轻微的震动
that you may have run over something fairly significant.
那意味着也许你刚刚压过了什么大东西
Like a buffalo.
比如说水牛
And that's a good thing.
这太棒了
If you want to feel every inch of the tarmac through your fingertips,
如果你想在指尖捕捉到路面上的每一个细节
buy a Lotus.
那就去买♥♥辆莲花
And if it's all still a bit intrusive,
如果还是有点吵
you can always deploy the roof.
你随时可以合上车顶
You could hear a cricket fart in here.
隔音那么好 你甚至能听得到蛐蛐的叫声
Even though the Dawn will do 155mph
尽管曜影能开到250公里每小时
if called upon, you get the sense...
如果有急事 你也会感觉
.. it would prefer to call ahead and let them know you'll be late.
他更情愿你提前打个电♥话♥ 让别人知道你会迟到
It's a car that'll go as fast as you'll ever need,
这辆车的速度远超你所需
but makes you want to take your time.
但却能让你心甘情愿地慢慢来
Delve beneath its bold, sleek lines
在车身那两道完美光滑的曲线内
and you're met with a level of detail that is second to none.
如果深入观察 你会看到一系列无可比拟的细节
The doors open the wrong way because...
开门方向是错的 因为
Well, it seems like there's no practical reason
好吧 事实上没什么特别的理由
other than the fact that it's really cool,
就是因为这样真的很酷
but it makes it easier to access this.
而且更容易拿你的
Your umbrella.
雨伞
And then when you're done with your umbrella,
而当你用过雨伞之后
the Dawn circulates warm air around its little scabbard to dry it off.
曜影里的循环暖气会通过这小伞鞘来把伞烘干
Sweet!
真贴心
And if you think that's a bit over the top,
而如果你觉得那有点太过了
how about this little gem from the promotional literature?
那宣传♥单♥里宣扬的又如何呢
"The rear passengers do not merely get out of a Rolls-Royce Dawn,
后方乘客从曜影里钻进钻出
"but rather stand and disembark as if from a motor launch
只要起身走下来 就好像从游艇上
"onto a glamorous private jetty."
下到美丽迷人的私人码头上一样”
Let's give it a go.
让我们来试一试
I can almost smell the ocean.
我几乎都能闻到海的味道
And then there's the Dawn's most imposing feature.
而后 这是曜影最壮观的一点
Oh, that's tight. Oh, wow!
噢 有点窄 哇哦
'And that's... Well, it's HUGE.'
那就是...他非常巨大
Sorry, buddy. Aah!
抱歉 啊
And that leads to the small matter of parking it.
而那让停车变得有点棘手
Ooh, that's tight.
噢 还真窄
Oop, let me try that again.
糟糕 再来一次
She's definitely big.
她真的很大
Oh, I'm on the kerb. One more crack at that.
噢 我骑上路沿了 再试一次
Oop! Ooh...
小心 哦...
OK, be careful now. We don't want to scuff the wheels.
好 小心一点 我们还不想刮花轮毂
They're about 2,000 a pop.
一个就要接近2,000磅
Jeez! At least nobody saw that.
天哪 至少没人看到
'Not what you'd call "subtle", then.'
至少这事办的不算高明
But get the Dawn out on the wide -- very wide -- open road
但把曜影放到宽阔 非常宽阔的开放公路上的话
and it really starts to get under your skin.
它将会真正的同你融为一体
You don't drive this thing,
你不是在驾驶它
you captain it, as you would a cruise liner.
你统帅它 就像统帅你的游轮一般
I feel like I need a captain's hat. Maybe a cannon.
我想要顶船长帽了 再要支大炮
Delusions of grandeur?
给人伟大的妄想吗
Perhaps.
或许是的
But that's what the Dawn does to you.
但那正是曜影所要带给你的
OK, maybe it IS a bit attention-seeking, a bit shouty.
好吧 我承认它是有点太引人注目 太张扬
But, hey, it's got PLENTY to shout about.
但是 嘿 他是真的有炫耀的资本
So nice. So, so nice.
太棒了 真的太棒了
I like it. Call me crazy.
我喜欢这辆车 喜欢得发狂
Call me... ostentatious.
说我铺张浮华
Call me whatever the hell you want, I'm driving a Roller down the road.
随你怎么说 我可是开着劳斯莱斯
It does pain me to admit this, but he does suit the car, doesn't he?
虽然不想承认 但他真的很适合这车 不是吗
Thank you.
谢谢
This car is undoubtedly a five-star,
毋庸置疑 它绝对是辆五星好车
magnificent example of British engineering.
是英国制♥造♥业的一个壮丽缩影
However, two glitches in my book.
但是 在我看来 它还有两个小毛病
Two? Two.
两个 两个
First of all, why do Rolls always insist
首先 为什么劳斯莱斯总是执着于在
on sticking their granny's brooch
最完美最具未来感的进气格栅上
on the most beautiful, futuristic grilles imaginable?
别个奶奶辈的胸针
Why do they do that?
他们为什么要那么做
What? The Spirit of Ecstasy? What's wrong with that?
什么 你说那个欢庆女神像 有什么问题吗
Well, why don't they make it more contemporary
为什么不把它做的与时俱进一点
so you look at it and you think,
这样你一看到它就会觉得
"No, it's all part of the same thing?"
嗯,他们是一体的
You don't like it? No, I hate it.
你不喜欢吗 我讨厌这个
You don't have to look at it.
那你可以不要看啊
I know it's still there.
但我知道它在这下面啊
That's just like sweeping the problem under the carpet.
那就像把问题踢到地毯下面盖住
That's the way you're supposed to deal with problems.
也许你就该这么解决问题
Answer this question, then.
那下一个问题
Have Rolls come up with a button
劳斯莱斯是不是发明了一个按钮
to make the whole back end of the car disappear?
按一下就能让整个车的后部消失?
Look at this, it's awful, it's hideous!
看看这个 简直糟透了 丑死了好吗
It looks like a blue wall
看起来就像面粘了车牌的
that somebody's just stuck a number plate on.
蓝色的墙
What's the matter with the back?
车尾有什么问题
The back is terrible.
后面糟透了
You won't know this, right,
好吧 你也许不知道
but the back of this brand-new Rolls-Royce Dawn
但这辆全新的劳斯莱斯曜影
looks like a Rover 75.
看起来就像罗浮75一样
Look! What's that about?
看看 都是些什么东西啊
That looks all right, too. Really?!
那个看起来也还好啊 真的吗
What's the problem? Look, you've got these gorgeous, sweeping lines.
有什么问题吗 你看 你有这些流畅而优美的线条
You've got these really muscular haunches,
棱角分明的侧柱
you've got a really tight torso for such a big vehicle, and then...
这么大的一辆车 紧凑结实的车身 然后...
they went home and the designers forgot to come back
设计师们忘了设计尾部就回家了
and we're left with this.
然后就留给我们了这个
All right, so you don't like the back of the car? Yes.
好吧 所以你不喜欢这车尾 没错
OK, do you feel better now, getting that off your chest?
那一吐为快之后有没有感觉舒服点
I'm OK for now. For now. All right, well,
现在还好 不过只是现在 好吧
we'll come back to that. Thank you.
我们一会再聊这个 不胜感激
OK, I'm glad he's done with that.
他终于抱怨完了
We'll be returning to the Dawn later
我们稍后再聊曜影
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表