剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
I was trying to keep up with a legend.
我是为了比肩传奇
After serving in the Second World War,
二战结束退伍后
Norman Dewis joined Jaguar as their chief test driver.
诺曼·杜伊斯以首席试车手身份加入捷豹
There, for the next 30 years,
在此后30年
he helped develop some of the most iconic sports cars ever created.
他帮助研发了一批最具标志性的跑车
In 1953, Norman set a new production car world record,
1953年 诺曼创造了新的量产车世界纪录
reaching 172mph in a Jaguar XK120.
用捷豹 XK120 开到277公里时速
Then in 1971, during development of the XJ13 prototype,
1971年 在XJ13概念车研发过程中
a rear tyre blew out, causing the car to barrel roll three times.
后胎爆胎 导致车辆翻滚了3圈
It was completely destroyed.
车子完全被毁了
Norman was back at work the next day.
诺曼第二天就回来上班了
This was the man who drove the E-Type to Geneva,
这就是开着E-Type去日内瓦的男人
the man I have to keep up with.
我试图比肩的男人
Tonight, I am following in the footsteps of an automotive pioneer.
今晚 我追随这汽车工业先驱的脚步
I'm standing on the shoulders of an absolute giant.
我站在了绝对巨人的肩膀上
And this, the most powerful of modern Jags,
而这 动力最大的新款捷豹
is being driven by an idiot off the internet...
开的人是个从网上来的蠢蛋
me.
我
Yes, entering France, with an entire large country still to cross,
进入法国 有一个大国需要穿越
I was definitely up against it,
我直面挑战
and the consequences of failure would be....
而失败的后果则是
significant.
不堪的
The Geneva Show is the centrepiece of the motoring calendar,
日内瓦车展是每年汽车日历中的最亮点
and this car is Jaguar's big reveal.
而这车是捷豹的大动作
If I don't get there,
如果我没赶到那
I won't just have failed Top Gear, I'll have failed...
丢脸的可不光是Top Gear 整个英国
Britain. I better get a move on.
都会蒙羞 我最好快点开
Oh, I should probably mention...
哦我最好还要提一下
That carbon fibre rear wing deploys automatically at 60mph.
那碳纤维尾翼在100公里时速下自动升起
In fact, if there are any traffic cops watching this,
哦如果电视机前有交♥警♥在看的话
the wing deploys automatically at 40mph.
65公里就自动升起啦
Make that 30.
不对 是50
'As the SVR ate up France,
随着SVR穿入法国
'it was clearly more than capable of keeping pace with Norman.
它显然展现出比追上诺曼更高的能耐
'But with the night wearing on...'
但随着夜色渐晚
Push the ticket button, there you go.
按取卡键 搞定
'.. and only the occasional local for company...'
而且只有当地人陪伴
I have no idea what you're saying.
我完全听不懂你在说什么
'The car wasn't the problem -- it was me.'
车子完全没问题 我才有
So tired, so, so tired.
好累 好累啊
It was tough.
很艰辛
But you get on with it, don't you?
但你会坚持下来 不是么
You have to keep going.
你必须保持前行
This is relentless.
这简直毫无喘息
How the hell did Norman Dewis do this journey without energy drinks?
诺曼是怎么做到不喝运动饮料跑完全程的
The man's a god!
那人是神
And then, at last...
然后 终于
Daybreak.
旭阳初升
Welcome relief from the darkness and the final stretch.
舒缓暗夜的心境 踏上最后的旅程
There's tired, there's dead tired,
除了累 还有死一样的累
and then there's how I'm feeling right now.
这就是我现在的感受
Fortunately, the SVR is packed with a handy pick-me-up.
幸运的是 SVR自带了方便的提神工具
There's a new exhaust, which is made out of Inconel.
全新的排气 由铬镍铁合金打造
That's the stuff they use to build space rockets.
这是用来造火箭的东西
It saves 16kg over the exhaust on the standard V8,
光在排气上就比标准版V8轻了16公斤
but, more importantly,
而且 更重要的是
it makes a noise like an industrial wood chipper...
它能发出一台重工切木机
.. being fed into another industrial wood chipper.
被塞进另一台重工切木机的声音
'Somewhere in the small hours, though, my schedule had slipped
时间正逐渐流逝
'and with just two hours until the SVR was due onstage,
SVR只剩两小时就要登台亮相了
'I had over 100 miles still to cover,
然而我还剩下160公里
'most of them on mountain roads.'
的山路
All right, hold on to your hats.
把帽子抓稳了
Unlike the ordinary V8 F-Type, the SVR is all-wheel drive.
区别于普通的V8 F-Type SVR是四驱
Right now, that's a good thing.
现在 它可派上了大用场
The acceleration on this thing is just savage.
这玩意的加速简直残暴
It's supercar fast.
超跑一般
And that noise!
听听那声音
I'm loving this thing.
我爱上了这辆车
The handling, you turn it in, it feels sharper,
操控很棒 过弯的时候十分锐利
the throttle response -- more instant.
油门反应更迅速
It just feels like a much more hardcore version
这更像一个硬核版本的
of a car that is already pretty damn hardcore.
硬核F-Type
That's exactly what I need right now. Oh, yes!
正中我的下怀 爽
'With the press gathering on their show stand,
车展上 车媒逐渐聚集
'Jaguar bosses in Geneva were getting nervous.'
在日内瓦的捷豹老板们开始焦虑
Come on, MOVE! Thank you.
拜托 动啊 谢了
Merci beaucoup.
太感谢了
'And my phone was going crazy.'
我的手♥机♥响个不停
'The car has to be here, Rory.'
罗里 车必须得到
Yeah, no, no, I get it, no, I totally get it.
行行行 我知道 我完全知道
OK, byebye. Byebye, byebye.
行 再见 拜拜
I knew this was a bad idea, man. I knew this was a bad idea.
我猜到这是个坏主意 我猜到了
'Approaching Geneva, I had just 10 minutes
现在 在去日内瓦的路上 我只剩下
'till the car was due onstage.'
10分钟把车送到展台上了
There it is in front of me. I can see it, I can see Palexpo.
就在前面了 我看到了日内瓦会展中心
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
the Jaguar Land Rover press conference will shortly commence.
捷豹路虎的展示即将开始
I need to find gate D, gate D.
D号♥门在哪 我要找到D号♥门
Please let this be it.
希望这就是了吧
I'm delivering this car to Jaguar.
我要把这辆车运到捷豹展台
Super urgent. Is this gate D? No? No.
很急 这是D号♥门吗 不是 不是
No! I need to back up.
糟糕 我要倒出去了
Ladies and gentlemen, the Jaguar F-Type SVR.
女士们先生们 有请捷豹F-Type SVR
'And there to welcome me...'
而欢迎我的则是
Norman.
诺曼
Rory, lovely to meet you. Nice to meet you.
罗里 见到你真是太棒了 很高兴能见到你
'It's about determination, believing you'll do it.
事关坚毅 相信自己
'I never doubted for a second.'
我从未自疑 一秒都不曾
Truly magical.
太神奇了
And, of course, there's one man we'd all love to meet.
当然 我们都愿意见到这位男人
So, why don't we do that?
为什么不请他上台
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome,
女士们先生们 让我们欢迎
with his new mate Rory Reid, the legendary Norman Dewis, OBE.
官佐勋章获得者 传奇人物诺曼·杜伊斯 和他的新伙伴罗里·瑞德
How are you? Come over here. I'm good *** inside mate
你好吗 过来这里 太好了 伙计
What an honour. Don't you agree, Rory?
真是蓬荜生辉 罗里你觉得呢
Definitely. This guy, massive respect.
当然 这是一位值得尊敬的人
Look, I might have made it, but in the spirit of keeping it real,
我勉强也做到了 但是我得说明一下
this guy back in 1961 did it and he beat me by ten minutes.
他在1961年的时候就做到了 而且还比我快了10分钟
Ten minutes faster.
整整快了10分钟
Now, Norman has worked for Jag since 1952
诺曼从1952年起就为捷豹工作
in research and development.
负责研发
And, now, because you were a test driver
因为您是一位试车手
in the most dangerous era of motoring,
而且是在汽车史上最危险的年代
technically, you shouldn't really be here, should you?
理论上 您都不应该出现在这里了 不是吗
Well... no. Uh, I had three big crashes.
呃 是的 我出过三次大事故
But, those days, we didn't have seatbelts or fireproof overalls
但是那时候 我们没有安全带和防火衣之类的
or proper crash helmets.
也没有正经的头盔
Uh, you just got in the car and got on with the job.
只是爬进车 然后开始工作
I mean, I say, I had three big crashes. C-Type, D-Type, XJ13.
我的三次事故是在试C-Type D-Type XJ13的时候
And, uh, every time I got out of it,
呃 每次我爬出车
I was back on the track next morning.
然后第二天早上又回到了赛道上
And, recently, I go up a decent bit of road,
而最近 我好好在路上走着
and trip up and cut my bloody wrist.
却绊倒把手腕摔坏了
So that's the worst injury you've...
那是你最重的伤吗
That's the worst injury I've had, yes!
对 是的 最重的伤
That's unbelievable.
难以置信
Ladies and gentlemen, Norman Dewis, OBE.
女士们先生们 官佐勋章获得者 诺曼·杜伊斯
Thank you.
谢谢
OK, wow, awesome.
真是太精彩了
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表