剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
The winner is...
获胜的是
Tom Kitchen.
汤姆奇晨
Well done, girl.
干得漂亮
Well done to you.
祝贺你
'Bad luck, boys. Still, could be worse.'
太遗憾了 小伙子们 但这还不算最糟的
OK, coming up - part two of the train film. But Eddie, really?
接下来会给大家呈现第二部分的影片 不过埃迪
Spoons? I mean you don't get a lot of spoons these days.
勺子 为什么要用勺子呢
Matt, you can't believe it. They loved me.
马特 信不信由你 他们都爱我
Well, of course they did, what's not to love, huh?
噢 当然了 他们没有理由不爱你
OK, ladies and gentlemen, the king of cutlery,
女士们先生们 餐具之王
the Clapton of the kitchen, Eddie Jordan.
厨房♥里的音乐家 埃迪乔丹
OK, now it's time to welcome tonight's stars
好了 请欢迎我们今晚的明星
in a rally cross car.
驾驶拉力车
How about Brian Cox and Bear Grylls?
有请布莱恩·考克斯和贝尔·格里尔斯
Guys, double handshake, right there.
两位 一起握手 请坐
How are you, gentlemen? Very, very good. On this fine day.
你们好吗 两位 很好 今天阳光明媚
Perfect conditions for quick laps around the rally cross course.
非常适合在拉力赛道刷圈速
No excuses, thank you very much.
没法找任何借口 谢谢
I was hoping it'd be raining because I wanted an excuse.
我本来希望能下雨 这样我就可以找借口
I was hoping it would be a wet lap.
我本来希望能做一个湿地成绩
All right, so first of all, Brian, you tell us what Bear's up to.
好了 首先 布莱恩 请告诉我们贝尔最近的新闻
Well, Bear Grylls is here to talk about his new novel,
贝尔·什么都吃 是来宣传他的最新小说
Burning Angels, which is out now.
《燃烧的天使》 现已上市
And as we don't have any video footage,
因为我们没有相应的视频
because it is a book...
毕竟这是一本书
..here's Bear feeding Barack Obama some salmon.
让我们来看一下贝尔向奥巴马喂食三文鱼的视频
Why not?
有何不可
OK, shall we try a little bit of this? Yeah, let's...let's try that.
好 让我们来尝尝这个吧 好的 尝尝吧
Mmm, that's tasty.
很美味
Well, that's proper Alaskan salmon for you.
这就是正宗的阿♥拉♥斯加三文鱼
Bear's a mediocre cook,
贝尔的厨艺一般
but the fact that we ate something recognisable was encouraging.
但至少我们知道自己在吃什么 这还挺积极的
Ah, encouraging.
鼓舞人心
Here's my question to you about that.
我想问你一下
How did you get the leader of the free world to come on your TV show?
你是怎么让自♥由♥世界的领袖来参加你的节目的
Well, the White House contacted us and they said he's a big fan
白宫联♥系♥我们的 他是《越野千里》
of Running Wild, would, um...
节目的忠实粉丝
Would you take him on an adventure to Alaska.
你能不能带他去阿♥拉♥斯加探险
But I thought it was like... I thought it was a friend of mine's
但我以为这是我朋友的
spoof, you know, I thought, "Oh, this isn't real."
恶作剧 我想 肯定是假的
But, er, you know, it was definitely a daunting thing to do.
但这真让人心惊胆战
And I remember ringing my mum beforehand and saying,
我记得在录制节目前给妈妈打电♥话♥
"I'm so nervous about doing this."
我要录节目了 好紧张
And she goes, "Just remember, whoever they are,
她说 只要你记住 无论他们是谁
"they put their trousers on one leg at a time."
穿裤子时也是一条腿一条腿地穿
And. er...
于是
Anyway. Bear, your book, Bear Bear Grylls, Burning Angels.
总而言之 贝尔 你的新书 贝尔·格里尔斯《燃烧的天使》
Here we go, the second outing for Will Jaeger.
就是这本书 这是Will Jaeger的第二次探险
Now, Will Jaeger is a fictional character, OK,
那么 Will Jaeger是个虚构的人物
not based on anyone we know at all?
不是以现实任务为原型的吧
Does he not drive the same car as Bear Grylls?
他是不是和贝尔开一样的车
He does, he drives a Land Rover.
是的 他开的是路虎
The thing is, there are similarities.
的确有些相似
Does he not use the same knives as Bear Grylls? He does.
他用的刀具难道和贝尔不一样吗 一样的
Has he not been in a parachute accident, like Bear Grylls?
他难道不曾经历降落伞事故 就像贝尔·格里尔斯一样吗
He was.
一样的
But this is kind of where it ends, cos actually he's a much cooler,
但相似之处也就只有这些了 他是个更酷的人
much smarter, much better, better-looking version.
更聪明 更优秀 更好看
You can't be any cooler and smarter than you. You're being so modest.
没有谁能比你更酷 更聪明了 你太谦虚了
No, he is. Although he's got definitely a dark side to him
不 他的确如此 尽管他的内心有阴暗的一面
and he gets taken on a pretty sort of ugly journey.
而他也经历了一段丑恶的旅程
I mean... Somebody said, "Oh, can I get my young scouts to read this?"
有人问 能给我家的小童子军读这本书吗
And we do do these kid's fiction books as well,
我们当然也做给孩子看的小说
and I said, "No, this is an adult book and they went, "Adult?"
我说 不 这是成人书籍 他们问 成人吗
And I went, "No, no, not like... Not like ADULT book."
我说 不 不是那种书
Yeah, I haven't drifted into, you know. Bear's in the bushes.
我还没有往那个方向发展 树丛中的贝尔
Exactly, so this is... This is a grown-up book
是啊 这是一本给成年人看得书
so it does go quite dark.
所以有点阴暗
Can you tell us, please, if you don't mind, Mr G,
不介意的话 你能告诉我们
what Mr C is up to.
考克斯先生最近在忙什么
I'd be delighted.
我很乐意
The very brilliant Professor Brian Cox has been filming a new
极其优秀的考克斯教授正在拍摄一部
BBC One show called Forces of Nature.
全新的BBC 1节目《自然之力》
It's out in July and here we have an exclusive clip of Brian
节目将于七月播出 我们这里有一段独家视频
taking off in a Euro Fighter Typhoon... Lucky you!
布莱恩坐在台风战斗机中起飞 你可真走运
I know, yeah. ..chasing the sunset. Come on!
是啊 追赶日落 请看
RADIO: Turning 69, with you on the right turn, heading...
转向69 向你的右边 前往
I have to say, that's the way to depart an airfield. Isn't it!
我不得不说 这才是从机场启程的正确方式 可不是嘛
Oh, right!
是啊
How cool was that?
这多酷啊
Now, Brian
布莱恩
me and G-forces, we don't really get on
我和重力处得不太好
so that was, er, that was some G-forces you were pulling there.
你在上面经历了好几倍的重力
Tell us about your pre-flight briefing.
和我们聊聊起飞前的指示
They...they tell you things like
他们会说
"Well we're going to...We're going to fly at Mach 1.4
我们将我们将以1.4马赫数
" towards Ireland
飞往爱尔兰
which is"what we're going to do."
这是原计划
We were chasing the Sun.
我们将追逐太阳
So the idea was to show how fast the Earth is rotating.
这是为了展现地球自转的速度
Now, we're travelling at 600 miles an hour
我们现在以每小时600英里的速度
to get around the axis of the Earth.
沿着地球的轴线前进
And yet we don't feel it
但我们却感受不到这一点
so it's an interesting question in physics.
这是物理学界很有趣的问题
So the idea was to outrun the Sun
我们想比日落的速度更快
so we gunned this thing at Mach 1.4,
所以我们以1.4马赫数驾驶飞机
20,000 feet towards Ireland
从两万英尺向爱尔兰进发
and the sun came back up again
太阳又升高了
cos we outran the Earth.
因为我们比地球自转的速度要快
And then so I said to them
然后我问他们说
"What happens if we just, for television
如果为了电视效果
"we don't quite get the sun up
我们没能让太阳升高
can we carry on over Ireland?"
那么继续前往爱尔兰会怎么样
And you know, you break the windows and everything
比如窗户被打破
international incident,
引发国际事故
and I said, "What will happen?"
我说 接下来会发生什么
And he said, "They'll see it coming on the early warning radar
他说 他们会在预警雷达中看到
"they'll BLEEP themselves and launch their Cessna."
他们会起飞战机
Right, shall we get onto cars?
我们聊聊车吧
- Yeah, we probably should.
是啊 是该聊一聊
OK, here we go. Your car-off.
好了 比拼开始了
OK, So - first car, please, Bear Grylls.
请告诉我们你的第一辆车 贝尔
My first car was a bright green Fiat Panda convertible.
我的第一辆车是亮绿色的菲亚特熊猫敞篷车
Like this one?
像这辆吗
Oh, God.
天哪
Yeah, so I've got an older sister
我有个姐姐
Yeah, so I've got an older sister, so I inherited it off her
所以我是从她那里继承了这辆车的
but it was cheap and knackered
但这辆车很便宜
when she had it.
本来就很破了
By the time it got to me
到了我的手里时
it was on its last legs.
已经到了风烛残年
因为这是敞篷车 车速一快
the roof would like, zoom, go back
车顶就会往后缩
so I had a climbing rope tied around it
我只好用攀登绳
and I'd tie it round my leg, but, yeah,
把车顶系在我的腿上
it was fond memories.
多么美好的回忆啊
So you're up against the Fiat Panda.
所以你的对手是菲亚特熊猫
Brian Cox
布莱恩·考克斯
tell us about your first car, please.
告诉我们你的第一辆车是什么吧
It was a Ford Fiesta Mark 1.
那是一辆福特嘉年华 Mark 1
OK, Ford Fiesta Mark 1. Brian Cox.
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表