剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表
but I think I can set her straight.
你必须能
You'll have to.
她不投同意 法案就没戏
Without her vote, there's no bill.
就是这个吗
Was that it?
不是 啦啦队未来领袖计划
No. The Rangerette Future Leaders program
将会在一个半小时之内到达
is arriving in an hour and a half.
我需要你过来看看 说几句话
I need you to stop by, say a few words.
-啦啦队 -梅莉本来计划做的
- The Rangerettes? -Mellie was planning to do it,
但是她要和巴山大使会面
but she got pulled into a meeting with the Bashrani Ambassador.
你是认真的吗
You're serious?
你想让我和啦啦队成员见面
You want me to meet with the Rangerettes?
有什么问题吗
Is that going to be a problem?
-丽芙 -我最近一次确认
- Liv -- - because the last I checked,
你是这个国家首位女总统的二把手
you're second-in-command to the nation's first female president,
同时 啦啦队组织一直致力于
and the Rangerette organization is dedicated to
教育事业以及年轻女性的权力赋予事业
the education and empowerment of young women.
我从你几乎毫无遮掩的轻视中推断出
But I'm inferring, based on your barely hidden contempt,
与这个国家未来年轻的领导者们见面
that meeting these young future leaders of this country
对你来说还不够重要
doesn't sound important enough to you.
我说的对吗
Is that right?
当然重要
Of course it's important.
我很乐意
I'm happy to go.
把下午的行程空出来留给啦啦队的活动
Clear my afternoon for this Rangerettes business.
看詹金斯的会面能否改到周四
See if Jenkins can meet Thursday instead.
给我联♥系♥格林沃尔德参议院
And...call Senator Greenwald for me.
告诉她我准备好和她喝一杯了
Tell her I'm ready to have that drink.
非常不错
Remarkable.
很高兴你这么认为 大使
I'm so glad you think so, Ambassador.
我听说巴山茶堪称一绝
I've been told that Bashrani tea is legendary.
还担心让你失望呢
I was worried we'd disappoint.
我已经喝了好几周的星巴克了
Well, I've had nothing but Starbucks for weeks,
所以什么茶都无所谓了
so I'm an easy mark.
但是这茶的确特别可口
But this is particularly delicious.
那么 马拉什大使
So, Ambassador Marashi,
我们目前遇到了一些状况
we have ourselves in a bit of a situation here,
您说是吗
wouldn't you say?
什么状况
A situation?
两国的关系从来没有像现在这么好
Relations between our countries have never been better,
大局方面 在核问题上我们也达成了共识
and, big picture, we share a common goal of a nuclear treaty.
所以如果我们能找到这个问题的解决方法
So if we can find a resolution to this problem
那么大家皆大欢喜
that makes everyone happy --
总统女士 我不是有意打断
Madam President, I don't mean to interrupt,
但是我真的不清楚您所指的问题是什么
but I'm honestly not sure what problem you're referring to.
大使
Ambassador,
如果美国的学者被当做囚犯关在巴山
if American assets are being held prisoner in Bashran,
那么这就是个严重的问题
that is a problem, a big problem.
在过去 解决如此大的问题
In the past, a problem that big
解决方法通常是严厉制裁
would most likely be solved with costly sanctions,
断交
termination of diplomatic relationships,
也不是不可能撕破脸皮
and, potentially, the full weight, might,
迎来美国♥军♥队的反击
and vengeance of the United States Armed Forces.
但是 如我所说
But, like I said,
谁都不想搅得不安稳
no one's looking to stir the pot.
现在我明白了
Now I understand.
那就好
Good.
我明白了身居此位
I understand that it must be difficult,
是一件非常不容易的事
being in a position like yours --
尤其对于上任不久的你
for such a short amount of time.
你每天面对的
You must be being presented with a massive amount of information
一定是无数的消息和情报
and intelligence on a daily basis,
对于你而言 断定这些消息和情报
and it must be difficult to try to figure out
是为利或弊 一定很不容易
whether this information and intelligence is good or bad.
别怕 我知道你只是在做你的本职工作
Don't worry -- I know you're just doing your job.
所以我不会放心上
I don't take offense.
但是这茶我得再来一杯
But I will take another cup of this wonderful tea.
谢谢
Thanks.
大使提到我们的线人了吗
Has the Ambassador brought up our asset yet?
等等
Hold on.
看来他的儿子法里德
Apparently his son, little Farid,
在学校被欺凌了
is getting bullied at school.
极权主义政♥权♥
Totalitarian regimes --
简直和我们一样
They're just like us.
这根本没什么用
This isn't working.
我知道你觉得我在浪费时间 但我没有
I know you think I'm wasting my time, but I'm not.
我在找寻更好的方法
I'm looking for a better way.
斯图尔特失踪多久了
How long has Stewart been missing?
差不多72小时了 怎么了
About 72 hours. Why?
第一天会相对好受一点
The first 24 are relatively easy.
当时我能撑过水刑 是因为我和自己说
I got through the waterboarding by pretending
这就像六岁时在泳池学游泳一样 忍♥一忍♥就好
I was 6 years old again learning to swim in the public pool.
德国凳
The German Chair?
一种使受刑者身体严重反向弯曲成类似下腰姿势的酷刑
不过是一堂激烈的瑜伽课
It's just a really intense yoga session.
但犬刑不一样 你可以和一个人讲道理
The dogs, though -- You can negotiate with a human,
但是一条饿狗只会撕咬你的脸和生殖器
but a hungry dog snapping at your face, your genitals...
我撑了81小时
I lasted 81 hours.
我当时只是20多岁
Now, I was in my 20s,
一位训练有素的海军军官
an officer in the Navy in tip-top shape.
这位斯图尔特是一个已经60多岁
This Stewart guy's a 100-pound bookworm
一百来斤的书呆子
on the wrong side of 60.
你觉得他能撑多久
How much longer do you think he's got?
当然这已经和他没关系了
But it's not about him anymore.
这关系到身在纳坦兹的某位工程师
This is about the engineer in Natanz
每当他们离核武更近一步
who puts them behind schedule
就能让他们延后于计划
every time they get close to a working nuke,
关系到锡亚勒克的某位考古学家
the archaeologist at Tepe Sialk
能向我们提供伊斯法罕省的军队调动情况
who reports on troop movements from the Isfahan Province,
关系到某位宫殿守卫
the palace guard
让我们时刻知晓他们总统的方位
who keeps us informed on their president's location.
如果他们被抓
If they're taken,
你要担心的就不只是100个巴山人了
you won't have to worry about 100 Bashranis anymore,
因为你要忙于担心
because you'll be too busy worrying about
四亿美国人的死活
the lives of 400 million Americans.
你不是在浪费时间 丽芙
You're not wasting time, Liv.
你早就没有时间了 他们也是
You're out of time, and so are they.
我们得阻止这一切
We need to shut this down.
-不 -派个人去那里
- No. - Send somebody in there.
我们继续监听
We keep listening.
-丽芙 -继续监听
- Liv. - Keep listening.
女孩们 你们猜怎么了 又来了一个白人老头
"Guess what, girls? Here's another old, white guy."
我带了洗手液
I brought hand sanitizer.
保佑你小小优秀毕业生的心
Bless your pink little valedictorian heart.
十分钟之后你进来打断我 就说有电♥话♥
10 minutes, and then you interrupt me with a phone call.
塞勒斯
Cyrus.
总统女士
Madam President.
奥利维亚不是说您不能出席这个活动吗
Olivia said you couldn't field this one?
我以为我整个下午都要被占用
I thought I was gonna be tied up all afternoon,
但是情况有变 所以
but change of plans, so...
不过 碰到你正好
Actually, I'm glad I caught you.
我想感谢你的在瓦格斯法案上给予的帮助
I wanted to thank you for all your help on the Vargas Bill.
这么说太客气了 总统女士
That's quite unnecessary, Madam President.
我们俩一定会让这个法案通过的
We are gonna get this thing passed, you and I.
我们会让弗兰基的这份遗产大放光彩
We are gonna honor Frankie's legacy.
另外 我知道和这么多人见面很痛苦
Anyway, I know meeting with everyone can be a grind.
的确是 但也是职责所在
It can be -- but also the job.
只想说声谢谢
Just...thank you.
自从我知道卢娜·瓦格斯心脏病发作
They told me Luna Vargas had that heart attack,
你从未如此支持我
and you have been at my side ever since.
我只想让你知道
And I just wanted you to know that...
我很感激这一切 塞勒斯
I appreciate it, is all, Cyrus.
应该做的 总统女士
Of course, Madam President.
剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表