剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
是个有钱人 我听大卫和文森特聊过他
A well-to-do. I've heard David and Vincent talk of him.
他...很喜欢大卫
His...love for David,
他们想...利用他
and how they might...capitalise.
-勒索吗 -不清楚
- Blackmail? - I don't know.
但他们绝不是初犯
But it wouldn't be the first time.
-喜欢大卫的这人是谁 -一位银行家 长官
- This man of David's, who is he? - A banker, sir.
叫坤图 索罗门·坤图
Name of Quint. Solomon Quint.
索罗门·坤图
Quint, Solomon.
在巴林银行工作 长官
He's at the House of Barings, sir.
备辆马车
Get me a hansom.
里德探长吗 弗兰克林·斯通 你好
Inspector Reid? Franklin Stone. A pleasure.
我们去办公室谈吧
We can speak in my office.
听说你在找索尔·坤图
I hear you're looking for Sol Quint?
-是的 你们是同事吗 -十年了
- I am. You work with him? - Mm, ten years.
他主要都做些什么
His work being what, exactly?
你可以称他为占卜师
You might call him a haruspex.
在古代 有些牧师 占卜师
In ancient times, certain priests, haruspices,
仔细观察用以祭祀的动物的内脏
would examine the entrails of sacrificed beasts,
以此推测人类和国家的命运
thus to determine the fate of men and nations.
而索罗门·坤图
Just so, Solomon Quint would
也像他们一样 查看世间种种迹象
sink his hands into the grimy slew of phenomena,
经济 政♥治♥和地理
economic, political and geographic,
而他的推测 决定了银行的财运
and, from what he found there, determine our fortunes.
真就是这样
Quite literally.
投资 他分♥析♥投资吗
Investments. He would analyse investments?
还有其中的风险
And the risks thereof.
你要什么喝的吗
Can I offer you a refreshment?
谢谢 不用
Thank you, no.
克制之人
Temperate man.
很好
Bravo.
原谅我的无礼 长官 最近日子不好过
Forgive my flippancy, sir. This has been a most difficult time.
索尔的离开不太光彩
Sol left under something of a cloud.
他不在巴林工作了吗 什么时候的事
He's no longer with Barings? Since when?
将近一周了
Almost a week.
他的报告变得...
His work had become...
古怪无常
erratic.
以他的职位可不能有这种表现
A man in his position cannot afford to be erratic.
索尔·坤图也算是万里挑一 长官
Sol Quint was the most brilliant of his kind, sir.
直到...
Until, er...
他曾是我的好友
well, he was a dear friend
我不想多言
and I'm not a man given to indiscretion.
但还是希望你能直言 先生
But your candour is much appreciated, sir.
可以说索尔·坤图的
Suffice it to say Sol Quint's
婚姻一直因他而麻烦不断
marital bed was infrequently troubled by his presence.
他有些小癖好
He had certain pastimes.
说实话 我觉得他也很苦恼
In truth, I think the man was heartsick.
或许所有人的一生中 都会面临这种选择
Perhaps in every life, at some point, we must make such a choice.
什么选择 斯通先生
What choice, Mr Stone?
爱情和金钱 探长
Between love and gold, Inspector.
爱情和金钱
Love and gold.
我要对巴林银行尽职
My duty is to the House of Barings.
我没有...
I have not...
权利
..the luxury...
把金钱放在第二位
..of placing anything before gold.
索尔·坤图也不行
Not even Sol Quint.
我必须解雇他
I was obligated to dismiss him.
如果可以的话 斯通先生
If you'd oblige me, Mr Stone,
麻烦给我坤图先生的住址
I shall need Mr Quint's address.
我的文件 你只要拿回文件就行...
My folio. You were simply to recover my folio...
结果一个无辜男孩赔上了性命
..and now an innocent boy lies dead.
不行
No.
告诉斯通先生 我要见他
Tell Mr Stone, I...I need to see him.
我不能...
I can't...
不能...
I cannot...
他们知道了
They know, man!
那两个小子知道了 现在想要双倍的钱
The boys know, and now double would they wring from me!
别怪我 坤图先生
Chide me not, Mr Quint.
我是在尽力帮你收拾残局
It is to your mess I endeavour to take my broom.
抱歉
My apologies.
年纪大些的那个男孩
The older boy.
你知道他跟那个记者弗莱德·贝斯特的关系吗
Were you aware of his friendship with the newspaperman Fred Best?
斯通先生知道吗
Does...does Mr Stone know?
那我必须见见他
Well, I must see him.
这是我们最后的机会
This is our last chance to...
在银行投资人面前坦白真♥相♥
...come forth open-handed before the bank investors.
斯通先生希望各方能保守秘密
Mr Stone would prefer that all parties keep their counsel.
必须如此 坤图先生
It is fundamental, Mr Quint,
你得守好自己的秘密
that you keep your counsel.
是
Yes.
当然了
Of course it is.
我现在明白你为何而来了
I understand now why you came.
我愿给大卫一切
I would have given David anything.
他要什么都行
Anything he asked. I...
我爱他
I loved him.
我依然爱他
I love him still.
你一定认为我是个蠢蛋 先生
You must think me a bloody fool, sir.
我不会假装理解男人为爱而做的事
I do not pretend to understand the things that love makes men do.
但我认识的每个男人都因此备受煎熬
But every man I've known has suffered for it.
除了爱还有什么呢 赛尔夫先生
Yet what else is there, Mr Self?
如果不爱
How else to know,
我们要怎么知道
even for a moment,
我们活过 哪怕只有一瞬
that we live?
-这是什么 -查理·弗罗斯特
- What's this? - Charlie Frost.
把我借给他的钱还了回来
Paid back the money I loaned him.
-聊胜于无 -你该看看他的样子
- At least that's something. - You should have seen him.
他穿得人模狗样
He was suited and booted.
光鲜亮丽 活像个人体模特
All in finery like a tailor's dummy.
苏珊 你记得我说过
Susan, you remember when I
有个法子能让咱们摆脱困境
was talking about a way to get us out from under?
-我正数钱呢 -我知道 听我说
- I'm trying to count. - Yeah, I know that, but listen.
你没看见我正在数钱吗
Look, can you see I'm trying to count?
怎么了
What is it?
赛拉斯·达根
Silas Duggan.
达根 他怎么了
Duggan. What about him?
-他想要更多 -多多少
- He wants more. - How much more?
比我拥有的多 比我能挣到的多
More than I have and more than I can make.
我不能拿姑娘们更多的钱了 我不能
I can't take more from the girls. I can't.
他一周一周地压榨我们
He's squeezing us week by week.
亲爱的 要是我告诉你
Darling, what if I was to tell you
有一个法子可以摆脱麻烦而又不用逃跑呢
there was a way out of this that didn't involve running?
查理·弗罗斯特不是什么天才
Now, Charlie Frost, he's no genius,
但查理·弗罗斯特认识些人物
but Charlie Frost knows some people.
有一座矿山
There's a mine.
银矿和铜矿 那里遍地金银
Silver and copper. The land is lousy with it.
火地岛
查理把他那点小钱投了进去
Charlie put in what little he had.
一周之内就挣了二百
Within a week, 200.
这就是你摆脱困境的办法吗
This is your notion of out from under?
把赛拉斯·达根没榨走的钱拿去赌
To gamble what meagre pot Silas Duggan does not extort?
这正是妙处所在 这不是赌博
That's the beauty of it. It ain't a gamble,
而且价值在飙升
and the value just soars.
一个只会算酒和女人价格的男人
Ah, the man whose numeracy extends to the price of liquor and tail,
打算变身为金融大家了吗
this man will make himself a titan of high finance?
好吧
All right.
那就用我的方法解决达根吧
Just got to settle with Duggan my way.
你别去达根那儿惹事
You'll not settle anything with Duggan.
那你告诉我 苏珊 你告诉我怎么办
Oh, tell me, Susan, huh? You tell me what to do.
告诉我该怎么帮你
Tell me how I'm supposed to help you,
你把这事对我保密
cos you kept this goddamn thing a secret.
现在那狗♥娘♥养♥的要逼死我们了
Now the son of a bitch is turning the screw.
我想要的不过是咱们俩好好过
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表