剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
打探他的目的
discern his purpose,
如果他愿意接受这任务
if indeed he does seek her out.
我没有忘记你去年失去的那个孩子 埃德蒙
I have not forgot the boy you lost last year, Edmund.
但是你这辈子还会失去更多人
But you will lose more before this life is out
谁也改变不了这个事实
and nothing to be done to change that fact.
容我试试 探长
You oblige me, Inspector.
弗莱特 这个嘉维 据说有个女儿
Flight, this man, Galvin. There is a daughter, we are told.
她妈妈名叫贝丝安·弗利
Her mother, a woman named Foley. Bethan Foley.
我去查查档案 看看能找到什么
I shall get to the archives, sir - see what might be found.
不 弗莱特 艾瑟顿队长会负责的
No, Flight. Sergeant Artherton will manage.
阿博兰总督察有个活儿给你
Chief Inspector Abberline has work for you.
如果你有那个本事的话
If you've the chops for it, son.
当然 长官 我有
Yes, sir, I have.
你对押解员做了什么
What is it you do to our Newgate driver?
里德 我发现了联♥系♥
There's a link here Reid.
雷♥管♥是用莱顿瓶充电的
Your detonator was charged with a Leyden Jar.
那是银箔包裹的玻璃瓶
It's a glass bottle with silver sheeting around it,
用来储存电能
set to carry current.
奈特利躺在床上想休息
Knightly lays back in his bed to rest,
床垫的弹簧被压缩 接通电路
the bed springs depress, connects the circuit,
然后就炸了 靠的是电
then, boom! Electricity.
这就有意思了 因为这下我们就得想想
Which is interesting, because now we have to ask ourselves
囚犯逃脱是不是也靠
if our convict was freed with the design
奈特利床下的这种放电装置
of laying this charge beneath Knightly's bed.
那是个电击留下的伤痕
That, is a shock scar.
足以让他的心脏停止跳动吗
What, and sufficient to cause his heart to give up?
心脏是个脆弱的器官
Well, it is a vulnerable organ.
电流应该很大
The charge would have needed to be significant,
但我不知道是如何传导到他身上的
however, and conducted into him I know not how.
跟我来 警长
With me, Sergeant.
囚车沿着这条路走 它在哪停下了
The Maria makes its way along. Where did it stop?
就这附近
Somewhere here.
我们去看看吧
Let's take a look, shall we?
莱顿瓶
Leyden Jars.
跟晾衣绳连在一起 把它拉进来
Attached to the washing line. Pull it in.
就是这个落在了押解员头上
So this falls upon our driver.
他们需要大概九个两品脱的瓶子
They would have needed, say, nine cells of two-pint jars each,
才能产生足以杀人的电流
to deliver a shock strong enough to kill a man.
我们本以为只是运气 但这么看来是场阴谋
And what we thought chance is now plotted conspiracy.
的确如此 但是IRB干的吗 不
Quite so. But by the IRB? No.
他们杀人的时候会叫嚣自己的不满
When they kill they do so to scream their grievance aloud.
他们不会如此伪装自己的目的
They would never disguise their purpose in this way.
被谋杀的议员 奈特利
The murdered MP, Knightly,
确实因他恶毒的偏见而闻名
known for his vicious prejudice, certainly.
但我想知道除了IRB还有谁
But I would like to know who else, apart from the IRB,
会为他的死而高兴
might celebrate his death.
黑玫瑰酒吧
想要什么
Yes, friend?
一杯柠檬水 谢谢
Er...A lemonade. Thank you.
随你喜欢吧
Whatever's your poison.
*亲爱的天父*
*Oh, Father, dear*
*我总能听见*
*I often hear*
*您提起爱尔兰岛*
*You speak of Erin's Isle*
*她耸立的山峦和绿色的山谷*
*Her lofty hills and valleys green*
*她的山峰粗犷而狂放*
*Her mountains rude and wild*
*他们说她是片美丽的土地*
*They say she is a lovely land*
*圣徒会在这里居住*
*Wherein a saint might dwell*
*您为何抛弃了她*
*Ah, why did you abandon her?*
迈克尔 怎么了 你的鸽子发脾气了吗
Michael, what happened? Did your pigeons turn on you?
我想私下跟你说句话 伊薇
A word with you, Evie. In private.
你也看到我们这儿人很多 一小时后再来吧
As you can see, we've a crowd in. Will you return in an hour?
现在
Now!
出来
Outside.
如果要你大吵大闹的话...
Well, if you'll make a scene...
你♥爸♥爸会需要食物和住处
Your pa will be needing food and shelter.
IRB是不会给他这些东西的
He will not be able to rely on the IRB for such support.
除了来看他的女儿过得怎么样
And where else will he come other than
他还能去哪里
to see how his wee girl has grown?
二十年 都不止
20 years. More than.
他坐牢期间没给我
And not a single communication of affection is delivered to me
写过一封信
from behind those bars.
他能登船去班特里湾或埃利斯岛
Why would he remain in this city when a boat for Bantry Bay
为什么还要留在城里呢
or Ellis Island might be his for the boarding?
因为IRB规定不许再杀英格兰人
Because he has a taste for murdering Englishmen
而他还想继续杀人
when the IRB dictates that such actions are of the past.
他也许是个正在走向坟墓的老头
He may be an old, limp cock, tottering his way to the grave
但你♥爸♥爸骨子里还是个战士
but there is a warrior in your pappy yet.
一个需要被安抚下来的战士
A warrior that needs pacifying.
所以我相信你会明白 我得先找到他
Important, therefore, and I'm sure you understand, that it is me
而不是那些警♥察♥
that finds him first, not the blues.
为什么呢 迈克 好让你毙了他吗
And why's that, Mikey? So you may put a bullet in his skull?
别忘了是哪些人照顾了
Don't be forgetting which body of men it was that
你这个孤儿
paid your orphan way in this life.
你妈妈死后
Your mammy dead and gone,
兄弟会比他更像是你的父亲
the Brotherhood was more of a father to you than he ever was.
你们伦敦人就这么跟女士说话吗
This the way you London boys hope to charm a lady, is it?
带着人威胁恐吓她
Bring your boys to stand in threat then bully her?
我让你帮忙了吗 乡下男孩 没有吧
Did I ask for your help, country boy? No. I did not.
喝柠檬水的小子 快走吧
So, Lemonade, away with you. Go on.
说得对 土包子 一边去
That's right, muck-savage. Back on the boat.
记住我说的话 艾登·嘉维
Now remember my words. Aiden Galvin.
如果他来了 我必须第一个知道
He comes skulking about, I'm the first to know.
那女孩的母亲贝丝安·弗利
Girl's mother, Bethan Foley -
曾保护并庇护IRB的成员
kept IRB men safe and secret off the streets.
直到她1867年死于火灾
Till she passed late '67 in a house fire...
晚上好 先生们
Evening, gentlemen.
探长 想象一下
Imagine, Inspector,
为了帮白教堂H分局拿到
the dance I had to perform when it emerged
刚去世的政要
that Whitechapel H Division had requested
塞西尔·奈特利的个人和工作资料
the personal and professional particulars of so recently deceased
我费了多大的劲
a dignitary as Cecil Knightly.
我能想象 而且我很感激
I do imagine it now and I am grateful.
你应该感激 探长
And so you should be, Inspector.
那个炸死的胖子 是一个委员会的主席
The bloated fat-head sat on Commissions - chaired them also.
受议会委托 决定由哪家公♥司♥
Parliamentary delegation to decide which and who
拿到政♥府♥的公共工程合同
might be offered government contracts for public work.
手掌大权 可使人荣华富贵
The power to make men rich.
或身价暴跌
Or otherwise.
弗莱特
Flight!
总督察
Chief Inspector.
你是个无处可去的穷移♥民♥
You are a poor, lost immigrant
想在同乡那里找个安身处
searching for a home amongst your own.
你不在街上流浪
What do you do straying off the streets
跟伦敦警♥察♥厅的人套什么近乎
to fraternize with the Metropolitan Police?
长官 我设法接近她 不过被拒绝了
I made approach, sir, but was rebuffed.
我想还是放弃的好
I...I thought it judicious to retreat.
还说自己有本事呢 小伙子
And you said you had the chops for it, son.
回见 先生们
Gentlemen.
回去找她 弗莱特
You get back on her, Flight.
听这个
Here.
奈特利的这个委员会
This commission of Knightly's
正游说将沙德维尔的贝森贫民窟拆除
lobbies to have the Basin Slum at Shadwell torn down.
中部和东南部电力委员会
Central and South-East Electricity Commission
想清空贝森贫民窟
wish the Basin to be emptied
重新规划成新的发电站
and re-purposed for a new power-station
而且已经开始招标
and has invited bids to be tendered
规划如何建造该发电站
for how that power station might be constructed.
然而伦敦郡议会更希望
While the London County Council would prefer
能多建些干净的住房♥
for more sanitary dwellings to be built.
至少又给你新的借口
Well, at least now you've got afresh excuse
去见柯布顿议员了
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表