剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
to row yourself past Councillor Cobden's door, Inspector.
小子 坐下
You, son. Sit down.
不喝 谢谢
No, thank you.
警官 我也不想为难你
You know, Constable, I hate to chop your onions here...
可不是
The very thought of it
但你老是不肯喝酒
..But you keep resisting drink,
让世人怎么相信你
most men on this planet are going to have a hard time trusting you.
更别说爱尔兰逃亡者了
Never mind a piss-crew of Irish exiles.
你要去博取一个
You are to gain the trust of a girl
这辈子都待在酒馆里的女孩的信任
who has known little else but the inside of a tap room.
还得想想要怎么穿透她冷淡的外表
And then, of course, there is the matter of how best to penetrate
融化那情感丰富的内心
that frosty exterior and melt the fruitful vine within.
我也希望不是这样
I wish it were not so
不过杰克逊上尉对此颇有见解
but there is little Captain Jackson has left unlearnt in this subject.
她很漂亮
Now, she's pretty.
是吧
Correct?
是的
She is.
那她肯定把自己层层保护起来
Then she builds both crenulations and portcullis about herself.
要想进入她的内心 别无他法
No sorcery known will allow a man ingress
得让她放下心防
until she first lowers that drawbridge down.
你得让她先惦记上你
You need to make her start wondering after you.
让她对你感兴趣
Feel the twinge of intrigue.
对你的不幸感同身受
Fellow feelings of vulnerability.
来 你瞧
Here. You see?
她小时候 母亲惨死
Mother - cruelly killed when she was but a child.
父亲入狱 等于不认识
Father in lock-down and a stranger to her.
你也得这样 弗莱特
You need to make yourself the same, Flight.
你得给自己编个故事
You need to build yourself a story -
痛失亲人 贫困潦倒
tragic loss, destitution.
得编圆了
It's got to be perfect,
有血有肉 最重要的
it's got to be detailed and most important,
得感同身受
it has got to be felt.
发自内心
Right here.
在你心里 藏着自己的苦楚
In your heart. With your own secrets.
即使是撒谎 也是带着真正的难言之隐
When you lie, you lie with your own hidden truth.
我们可没太长时间
We do not have all year, however.
总得让那女人注意到他
The woman still needs to somehow, notice him.
那我们就让他引人瞩目
Then we mark him out.
这女人最可能同情哪类人
Well, what kind of man would this woman most likely pity?
被警♥察♥暴♥力♥所伤之人 怎么样
A victim of police brutality, perhaps.
那我们得找个会打人的警♥察♥
Hmm. Well, I guess we'd have to find ourselves a brutal policeman.
德雷克 有什么人选吗
Drake, any spring to mind?
把帽子放下 警官 快 站起来
Now, put your hat down, Constable, come on. Let's have you up.
我这也是不得已 你明白的
Now this is with contrition, you understand.
看看 弗莱特 让人无法抗拒
Look at you, Flight, you're irresistible.
早 柠檬水
Good morning, Lemonade.
我现在想喝威士忌了 小姐
I'd take whiskey from you right now, Miss,
如果你愿意给的话
were you offering.
看来我得给你取个新名字了
Seems I need to find a new name for you.
我告诉你真名吧
You may have my real one.
我叫伯特兰·道伊尔
I am Bertrand Doyle.
那进来吧 伯特兰
Then in you come, Bertrand.
我叫伊芙琳
I'm Evelyn.
他们有三个人 穿着警服
Three of them, in uniform.
说我四处游荡 我都来不及为自己辩解
Accused me of vagrancy and did not care to wait for my defence.
他们就是拿你取乐 仅此而已
You were their sport, nothing more.
你为什么会来这儿 伯特兰
What brings you here, Bertrand?
实在没地方去 只能睡白教堂的大街了
The prospect of nowhere to sleep but the cobbles of Whitechapel?
我来找工作的 小姐 希望能找到
Work brings me, Miss. The hope of it, at least.
赚点钱 填饱肚子
Money. Food in my belly.
比在家好 是吧
And that's an improvement on home, is it?
没有家 从没有过 有也算不上是家
No home. Never was. Not much of, leastwise.
五岁时 我妈妈得伤寒死了
My mother, taken by typhus when I was five.
不久后我父亲喝酒喝死了
My father, taken by drink soon after.
我已经对他没印象了
I've no knowledge of him.
所以你才喝柠檬水
And that is why the lemonade.
没必要喝酒
You've no need.
别为了取悦我喝酒
Not to impress me.
跟我来
Come.
洗把脸 脱了靴子休息吧
Wash your face. Take those boots off and rest.
我去给你拿吃的来
I'll bring food for you.
伊芙琳 下来
Evelyn! Get yourself down here.
难道酒会自己倒出来吗
Do you think these pints pull themselves?
谢谢你 伊芙琳
Thank you, Evelyn.
休息吧 伯特兰
Rest, Bertrand.
新泽西州 力登 1886年
新泽西州 力登 1884年
你亲爱的父亲 詹姆斯·霍兰德
抱歉 它们好美
I'm sorry. They're so beautiful.
每年生日时我都会收到一条
One arrived for me each year on my birthday.
一个自称是我父亲的男人随信寄来的
They came to me inside a letter from a man who claimed he was my father.
他是你父亲吗
Was he that?
如果是 那我就有两个父亲了
If he is, then it seems I have two of them.
那另外一个在哪
Then where is the other?
我没怎么见过他 直到最近才见到
Oh, I have not seen so much of him. Not until recently, at least.
他是从爱尔兰过来的吗
He is from home? From Ireland?
他一直在伦敦 但难以触及
He's been in London all my life. But...out of reach.
抱歉 我没想要闪烁其辞
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so obscure.
我一生无依无靠
I feel without care in this life
却有两个陌生人
and yet am made claim on by two men
说我是他们的女儿
who are entire strangers to me.
即使我母亲还在
Even were my mother still here,
她可能也很难说清楚
she might find it hard to offer clarity.
听住在这里的人说 她不是那么
From what folks here have said, she was not exactly...
洁身自好
exclusive in these matters.
要是我有个兄弟 或是父亲
If I had had a brother, or a father for that matter,
或许我也会给他弄饭吃
I imagine i might have done this for him.
端着牛奶 面包和黄油叫他起床
Woke him with milk and bread and butter.
人家都说
The idea, the way other folk say it is, I mean...
我们的家庭决定了我们 不是吗
it's our family instruct us, is it not?
决定了我们是谁 该如何处事
Tell us who we are, how we should be.
而且
And...
如果没有这些 我有时会觉得
..Without that instruction it's hard, sometimes, I find, to...
不了解我自己 不了解我想要什么
..to make sense of ourselves - what we want.
甚至分不清对错
What is right, even.
你
You...
你吓到我了
You scare me.
探长 这真是太巧了
Inspector, what a lovely surprise.
柯布顿小姐 能耽误你几分钟吗
Miss Cobden, a moment of your time.
-当然 我们上去说吧 -谢谢
- Of course, sir. Would you like to follow me? - Thank you.
圣保罗码头区
St Paul's Wharfside -
被迫住在那贫民窟的人称之为贝森
or what the people who must live in that slum call the Basin -
被视为不毛之地
is felt to be dead land, without purpose.
我要在那儿建新家
I would build new homes there.
对中部和东南部电力委员会的人来说
For the men of the Central and South East Electricity Commission,
那里有工业发展的潜力
however, there is opportunity there for industrial development.
它提供了一个便利的地理位置
It offers a convenient location.
可以从诺森伯兰郡和南威尔士运煤
Coal can be delivered from northumberland, South Wales,
给要建的发电站提供燃料
and used to fire the power station they propose.
奈特利先生生前本该决定
And the now-atomized Mr Knightly sat to decide on which party
要把发电站的建设权交给谁
would be awarded the privilege of constructing it,
因此那些认为奈特利不会选择他们的电力商
giving a motive to murder him to any electricity supplier
就有谋杀他的动机了
who felt that Knightly would not support their bid.
没错
Indeed.
今天下午 查尔斯·布罗德维克
It just so happens there will be a practical demonstration
会进行一场展示会
this afternoon by one Charles Broadwick,
他想展现自己更适合拿到建设权
who hopes to present his suitability for such privilege.
直流电 交流电
布罗德维克是投标者之一
Broadwick is one of the many tenders to build it.
这剧院就在你辖区吧
The theatre is on your beat, is it not?
你门前的灯 你炉上的火
The light above your door, the fire in your stove,
你孩子卧室地板上的微型蒸汽火车
the miniature steam-train on your boy's bedroom floor -
都将通过供电
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表