剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
all will be brought into energetic purpose
获得能源
by your very own supply of electric current,
电流将从街道下面
arriving beneath the paving stones of your street
进入你们的日常生活
and into the life of your home.
这一切毋庸置疑
None of this is in question.
但仍有一个争论
But yet...there is one debate left for us.
这个争论必须尽快解决
A debate which must be decided before this future finds you.
这能量将如何产生
Where will this power be brought into being?
它将如何运输到你的家里
How will it be delivered to your hearthside?
尽管十分神奇
Because for all its wonder,
电气时代也蕴含危险 朋友们
the electrical age is also one of profound danger, my friends.
我们需要选择电流
The choice we all face is between currents.
是交流电或是直流电
Alternating current or direct current.
两个笼子有同样的电压 不同的电流
Both cages are set for identical voltage but differing currents.
两者的对比令人震惊
The contrast between the two is alarming.
开始吧
If you please?
看啊
Behold!
看仔细了 这是交流电
Behold, alternating current.
女士们先生们 请好好考虑
I send you away now, ladies and gentlemen, to ponder only this...
你们要选哪种电流接入你家
Which of these currents would you allow into your home?
只有一个答案 那就是直流电
There can be only one choice. And that is direct.
向伦敦供直流电 女士们先生们
Direct current for London, ladies and gentlemen.
交流电
晚上好 我是布罗德维克机械的
Good evening. Charles Broadwick
查尔斯·布罗德维克
of Broadwick Machine Works.
如果两位还有其他问题 我很乐意回答
If you have further questions, I'm only too happy to oblige.
我是里德 警♥察♥ 这位是柯布顿议员
Reid. Police. Councillor Cobden.
幸会啊
Ah, I am delighted.
我们令人敬畏的新成立的伦敦郡议会成员
A member of our august and newly minted County Council.
和一位擅长发现真♥相♥ 无论其藏于何处的探长
And a man whose mind is designed to see truth wherever it is hid.
那这里揭示的真♥相♥是什么 布罗德维克先生
And what truth would you have me describe here, Mr Broadwick?
动物和电流合不来吗
That animals and electricity do not make great bedfellows?
我的示范无法让你信服吗 里德先生
You are not convinced by my demonstration, Mr Reid?
我都怀疑那个笼子有没有通电
I have asked myself if that cage was even charged.
得了吧 先生 当然没通电了
Oh, come, sir! Of course it is not!
虽说这些动物不贵 但也要花钱买♥♥
These animals, whilst never dear, still cost.
所有搞科学的人都必须懂得节约
And all men of science must economise.
奈特利先生 昨晚被杀的那位
Mr Knightly. The man who was murdered this night last -
你应该认识他吧
I assume you knew of him.
生前认识他 死后为他默哀
Knew him in life, mourn him in death.
现在在等待消息让我知道接下来该去贿赂谁
And currently await news of who next I must bribe.
议会去年通过了一部法律
Parliament passed a law last year,
是反贿赂法 布罗德维克先生
Mr Broadwick. An anti-bribery law.
你不想纠正自己刚才的说法吗
Perhaps you'd care to correct your last statement?
得了吧 里德先生 这真是好笑
Oh, come, Mr Reid. This is priceless.
你尽管逮捕我吧
You are welcome to arrest me.
但如果你真要这么做 那就得把所有参与过
But should you do so you will be forced to do likewise to all men
政♥府♥合同竞标的人都抓起来
who ever bid for governmental contract!
所有想把圣保罗码头区变成发电厂的商家
Every commercial body wishing to turn St Paul's Wharfside
都给奈特利先生送过钱
into a generating plant was paying Knightly.
长官 我能告诉你的唯一秘密
The only secret you will discover from me, sir,
就是我的贿赂金额比他的平均数高还是低
is whether I was paying above or below his median rate!
其实我们应该去问弗兰蒂先生
In fact, we should ask Mr Ferranti!
柯布顿小姐 我想
Miss Cobden, you will,
你肯定会参加他今晚的展示会吧
I am sure, be attending his exposition this evening.
当然 这是本季最重要的活动
Indeed. It is the invitation of the season.
但弗兰蒂先生建在德特福德的发电厂
But Mr Ferranti's power station at Deptford is already
是基于交流电原理的
constructed on the principle of alternating current.
要想与竞争对手抗衡
We must admire our rivals,
我们就要钦佩他们 里德先生
Mr Reid, if we wish to be worthy of them.
弗兰蒂
所有等着奈特利先生帮忙的人中
Of all the men who waited on Mr Knightly's influence,
是否中标对弗兰蒂先生的影响大概最大了
it is perhaps Mr Ferranti who placed the most at stake.
如果中标 他将扩大已有的德特福德发电厂的规模
He would add to the power station he has already constructed at Deptford
加上圣保罗码头区的新厂
and, with his new design at St Paul's,
那么他就能
make it is his exclusive purpose
用自己的发电厂向全伦敦市中心供电
to power all of central London from within his halls.
但有人存在顾虑 担心它的规模
But there is talk of trouble, of concerns over its scale
还有其危险性
and the scale of danger it represents.
弗兰蒂先生
Mr Ferranti.
是我
Yes?
我是里德探长 警♥察♥
Inspector Reid. Police.
有何贵干 长官
How can I help you, sir?
我们正在为今晚的展示会做准备
You find us preparing this evening's exposition.
对 为有影响力的人所举办
Yes, for men and women of influence.
或者说是受影响的人
Influenced.
你在讽刺我吗 探长
You are cynical, Inspector?
不 我讽刺的不是科学
No, not of the science,
而是你花钱买♥♥人支持的手段
but the means by which you purchase favour.
所以我要问 你是否贿赂过奈特利
So I must ask you whether or not you bribed Knightly
让他支持你对圣保罗码头区的竞标
to support your bid for St Paul's Wharfside.
是 我们给他送过钱
Yes, we gave the man money.
但那是为了让他不要无视我们
But so we might not be ignored.
这样我们才能在平等的条件下
The field of play thus levelled,
赢下这场争斗 里德先生
we were to win, Mr Reid.
而我们已经赢了
We are, yet.
我的竞争对手们拿死亡和毁灭吓唬人
My competitors cast spells of death and destruction
就好像他们觉得伦敦市民
as if they think the people of this city
是见到火就会害怕的穴居人
are Neanderthals to be terrified at the sight of fire.
我不需要这种策略
I have no need of such strategy.
电流是一股凶猛而难以驾驭的力量
Electrical current is a fierce and unruly force.
而利用交流电的手段
What alternating power promises is the means
可以让猛兽变温和
by which such ferocity is made benign.
你利用变压器来降低电压
You drop the voltage using your transformer,
然后再提高电压 供家庭使用
then you hive it off for domestic consumption.
没错 我已经驯服了发电机的兽♥性♥
Indeed. I have removed the beast from the machine.
我知道你在想什么
Oh, I know what you wonder -
我是否有动机杀死奈特利
whether I might have motive to do worse to a man like Knightly
而不是乖乖向他交贿赂金
than meet his demands of bribery.
但我已掌握了无懈可击的科学逻辑
But I have no need to resort to murder
就没必要通过谋杀来解决问题
when I have the perfect logic of science at my side.
你看他像是会跟逃脱的炸♥弹♥客共谋的人吗
Does he strike you as the breed of man to consort with escaped dynamiters?
不太像 长官
Not so much, sir. No.
但嘉维肯定跟电厂的事有关联
And yet Galvin is connected to this circuit somewhere.
而且他的兽♥性♥丝毫未减
And his beast remains intact.
你要是敢碰他 我就去叫警♥察♥
You touch him and I'm straight to the blues.
听懂了吗
Do you understand me?
你叫什么 小子
What's your name, boy?
你叫什么 先生
What's yours, sir?
他叫伯特兰
He is Bertrand.
伯特兰 他是艾登
And this, Bertrand, is Aiden,
他莫名其妙地觉得自己有权保护我
who somehow now believes he has a right to be my protector.
你没这种权利
You do not.
那我有权跟你私下说句话吗
And do I deserve the right to a word with you in private?
求你了 亲爱的
Please, darling.
我今晚就要出城了
I leave this city tonight.
不论怎么离开
One way or another.
能让我们单独待会儿吗 伯特兰
Will you give us a moment, Bertrand?
那个在自己房♥间被炸死的议员 是你干的
The MP exploded in his rooms. That was you.
你总不会为他难过吧 伊芙琳
Don't tell me you weep for him, Evelyn.
我根本不在乎他
I care not a thing for him.
可我太傻了 居然在乎你
But somehow, fool that I am, I care for you.
现在你要遭到缉捕
Know you will now be pursued
最终会被绞死在这座你深恶痛绝的城市里
and hanged right here in this city that you hate so bitterly.
我会做那种噩梦 伊薇
I do dream that, Evie.
但我还有件任务得完成
But I have one last task I must perform.
然后 瞧啊 亲爱的
And then... Look, my love.
亚特兰大星线公♥司♥ 从伦敦至纽约
去纽约的票
New York.
一张给你
One for you.
等我完成任务 另一张给我
And, with this task achieved, one for me.
我们会有足够的钱
and with enough folding to see us righter
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表