剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
住比五点区的廉价客栈更好的房♥子
than a dosshouse in the Five Points.
我知道这对你很陌生 伊芙琳
Now, I know this is strange for you, Evelyn.
你不了解我
I am unknown to you.
但是
And yet, this -
给你提供这样的生活 这是我的梦想
to provide this for you - is like a dream for me.
我们启程时 你不用给我好脸色
You don't have to befriend me, girl,
或是叫我父亲 甚至不用看我一眼
nor call me Father, nor even look at me when we sail.
但你一定得抓住这机会
But you'll take this chance.
接受吧
Take it.
艾登
Aiden.
亲爱的
Darling.
你要做什么任务
This task that you go to?
你别操心 亲爱的
Not for you to worry over, darling.
我们待会儿见
I'll see you here later, all right?
慢着
Wait.
你认识一个叫霍兰德的人吗
Do you know a man called Holland?
你认识吗
Do you?
他给我写信
He writes to me.
信里都说些什么
And these letters - what do they say?
我每逢生日都能收到他的信
Well, he sends one every birthday.
他说他才是我父亲
He says that he's my father.
是吗
Oh, does he now?
把这个拿去给莱曼街的里德探长
You take this to Inspector Reid of Leman Street.
我是弗莱特
I am Flight.
快去
You do it now.
队长 给里德探长的急件
Sergeant! Message for Inspector Reid. Urgent!
他说他发现了从美国来的信件 那姑娘很看重
He found letters, he says. Important to the girl. From America.
一个男人声称是她父亲
A man laying claim to her parentage.
但嘉维才是她父亲 不是吗
But Galvin is her father, is he not?
而他一直关在纽盖特监狱呢
And he was reclined in a cell at Newgate.
这个霍兰德
This man's name, Holland,
从1868年就开始给她写信
however. Letters to the girl since 1868.
就在她母亲死后第二年
The year after her mother's death.
嘉维被捕
And Galvin went down.
他信上的邮戳一直变化
All right, so he's made note of the different postmarks,
1881年之前 总是从不同城市寄出
different towns and states till 1881,
-然后他定居了 -定居在那儿
- then his travels cease. - Cease there.
新泽西 力登
Raritan, New Jersey.
力登
Raritan?
后面的信都是从那儿寄的
Letter after letter to the girl,
那么可以推断 霍兰德在那儿定居了
so we must assume this man Holland settles there.
门洛帕克就在力登吧 上尉
Menlo Park is in Raritan, is it not, Captain?
没错 里德 这下说得通了
It is, Reid, and thus the circuit's made.
门洛帕克是一个工业园区 由托马斯·爱迪生建立
Menlo Park is an industrial park created by one Thomas Edison.
-那个发明家 -也是个商人
- The inventor? - Also a man of business.
他的专利和研究领域比当世任何人都多
More patents filed in more fields of inquiry than any man alive.
但最让他上心的事
And yet his one ardent pursuit -
是确保美国选择
to secure the means by which
他所选定的电压和电流
the United States of America distributes its electricity
来传输电力
and to secure it for his own chosen charge and current.
他喜欢直流电
He is for direct current.
弗兰蒂则支持交流电 对吗
Unlike Ferranti, who is for alternating, is he not?
而另一位我最近结识的人
But akin to another man I have met recently,
查尔斯·布罗德维克博士也支持直流
Dr Charles Broadwick.
上尉 你说
Captain, you would trust
爱迪生应该有电报机吧
Edison to own a telegraph machine, would you not?
他肯定有最好的 里德
The leanest and fastest, Reid.
爱迪生的确雇佣了詹姆斯·珀西瓦尔·霍兰德
Edison did indeed employ James Percival Holland -
英国物理学家 母校是伦敦大学学院
English physicist. Alma mater - University College London.
并且因为在克拉肯威尔爆♥炸♥案中
And wanted by us as a known IRB collaborator
跟IRB勾结遭我们通缉
in the Clerkenwell bombing.
跟艾登·嘉维是一伙儿的
The same circle as Aiden Galvin.
他虽遭通缉但没抓到
Wanted but never brought to ground.
那他肯定是登船逃走了
He got on a boat, then.
在美国建立了新生活
Made his way and his life in America.
在门洛帕克找到了工作
Receives employment at Menlo Park,
在托马斯·爱迪生手下受教
education at the feet of Thomas Edison.
给女孩的信在1887年就中止了 对不对
The letters to the girl they ceased in 1887, did they not?
是的
Indeed.
因为我开始想
Because I am beginning to wonder if,
这个霍兰德
in fact, this man Holland
是不是在停止通信时离开了美国来到了伦敦
left America when those letters stopped and travelled here to London,
并且用了假名
travelling beneath a different name.
布罗德维克机械 于1887年9月10日创建
Broadwick Machine Works. Instituted September 10th 1887.
查尔斯·布罗德维克 跟霍兰德一样拥护直流电
Charles Broadwick, like Holland, a champion of direct current.
查尔斯·布罗德维克就是詹姆斯·霍兰德
Charles Broadwick was once James Holland,
是他将艾登·嘉维救出囚车
he who sprung Aiden Galvin from his prison wagon
并派他去刺杀奈特利
and set him to kill Knightly.
她的事与你何干
And just what business of yours is she,
竟然还大老远从美国写信给她
to be writing to her all the way from America?
我也认识她 艾登 我很喜欢她
I knew her too, Aiden. Remember the girl fondly.
我为什么不能问候她
Why should I not ask after her?
因为那轮不到你来
Because she is not yours to ask after!
你从监狱给她写信了吗
Did you write from your cell?
-我没有 -那我们中有一人写了不是更好吗
- I did not. - Then is it not better that one of us did?
我们 别以为我跟你是一路人
One of us? Do not make me the same as you.
我们
One of us
炸♥药♥是我们唯一的联♥系♥
Dynamite. That's all we ever shared.
炸♥药♥
Dynamite...
和一个女人
and a woman.
贝丝安·弗利是我的
Bethan Foley was mine!
不 艾登 她不是你一个人的 记得吗
She was not, Aiden. Not alone. Do you forget?
她从不只选一个
She was never particular.
那伊芙琳呢
And Evelyn?
快说 你这混♥蛋♥
Tell me, you bastard.
你入狱了 我就要去纽约 贝丝安找到我
You'd been jailed. I was bound for New York. Bethan found me.
告诉我我是伊芙琳的父亲
Told me that I am Evelyn's father.
问我愿不愿去跟女儿相识
Asked if I might make myself known to the girl.
但我做不到 我不能那么做
But I could not - would not.
我给她寄了礼物
I may send her presents but
但却没有成为她父亲的勇气
I do not have the strength to be a father.
所以你才救我出来吗
And is that why you broke me out?
就为让我听你说出真♥相♥
So that I might finally have the truth from you?
我救你是为了让你尝到自♥由♥的滋味
I released you so that you might know freedom
并再次向这个国家释放你的怒火
and vent your rage against this country once more.
别跟我装出反叛英国的样子 詹米
Don't come the charitable English rebel with me, Jamie.
你让我报复不过是为了你自己的目的和野心
It is a venting designed to suit your purpose and ambition.
你让我去做的任务 不是为表达观点
This task you would set me on is not for ideas
而是为了让你高升获利
but for your own advancement and profit.
或许吧
Perhaps.
但我待你不薄 艾登
But you're well paid for it, Aiden.
正是这份"利"让你有钱去纽约
And it is that profit which will see you to New York.
不过你走之前 还有半数的伦敦郡议员在等待
Before then, however, half of the London County Council waits
塞巴斯蒂安·弗兰蒂的演讲
on Sebastian Ferranti's word.
还有你的炸♥药♥
And on your dynamite.
这是你最后让英国政客流血的机会了
Your last chance to spill the blood of British politicians.
也是我铲除竞争对手的良机
And mine, to extinguish my competitors.
我印象里的艾登·嘉维
The Aiden Galvin I remember
绝不会放弃如此的良机
would never have declined such an opportunity.
爱尔兰万岁
Eirinn go Brach?
爱尔兰万岁
Eirinn go Brach.
弗莱特
Flight?
长官 你得来看看
Sir, you need to see this.
这上面画的装置 在嘉维手里
The device described here - Galvin has it.
又是用来引爆♥炸♥药的电路
Another electric circuit to detonate the explosive.
但这里面的是什么 蜡吗
But this - what is this within? A wax stem?
是延迟装置 让他有机会撤离
That's a delay. It allows him to get clear.
瞧 蜡栓隔开了电接触板
See, the wax plug keeps the electric contact plates apart.
如果不形成电路 装置就是无害的
No circuit's made, therefore the device is harmless
但如果将蜡放在热源旁边
unless you put it beside a heat source.
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表