剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
我忘了
I forget.
不是吧 探长 现在这样好吗
Oh, really, Inspector? In the current mood?
我脑子好使 但身子虚弱
My mind advances, but my frame is frail.
你如果又在审讯中闹出人命
How would your newly sullied reputation cope
不是要令你最近的臭名声雪上加霜了吗
with another interview concluding in a man's death?
里德 流言蜚语是监狱生活的一部分
Gossip, Reid. It's a fact of prison life.
如果我告诉你 有个男婴的生命
Were I to tell you the life of an infant boy
掌握在你手上 你会改主意吗
depended on your speaking, might that make impact?
不会
Not really.
那你要怎样 医生
Then what, Doctor?
我听说了一件事 探长
There is a tale told, Inspector.
是看守们讲的 关于你太太的故事
The guards here tell it. Of your wife.
在莱曼街作践自己
Rending herself in the Leman Street gutter.
看来德雷克警长也听说了
Sergeant Drake has heard the tale too, I see.
你们一定很难过吧
How difficult for you all.
你想怎么样
What is it you want?
你把我害得这么惨 我要听你亲口说 里德
To hear it from you, Reid. The man who brought me so low.
德雷克警长
Sergeant Drake.
-长官 -让我们单独待会儿
- Sir? - Leave us.
-但是 -你听到了 警长
- But... - You heard, Sergeant.
杰克逊上尉在棕熊酒吧找到她的
Captain Jackson found her. In The Bear.
据说她当时衣冠不整 还要酒喝
Barely dressed, it is said. Demanding drink.
他想把她带走 但她不肯
He attempted to remove her. She would not be removed.
于是他就把她扛了起来
And so he carried her.
她就开始尖叫
Which is when she screamed.
-就在大街上 -你赶去照顾她了
- In the street. - You tended to her?
是的
I did.
你的警长 还有其他人都看到了
Your sergeant, all others to bear witness?
没人问你缘由吗
And no man to ask you why?
她为何如此歇斯底里
Why such hysteria grew in her.
是怎样的苦痛让她这样在公共场合自取其辱
What cruelty could possibly merit so public a humiliation?
你对她做了什么 探长
What did you do to her, Inspector?
我...
I...
撒谎了
I lied.
撒谎了
Lied, you say?
撒什么谎了
On what subject?
你这该死的
Damn you!
我给了她虚妄的希望 还欺骗了她
I offered her unfair hope and I deceived her.
我让她错误地以为我们死去的女儿还活着
I gave her false cause to believe our lost daughter alive.
并且跟其他女人上♥床♥
And I took another woman to my bed.
探长 你知道在所有感情中
Do you know, Inspector, of all the emotions,
哪一种最为险恶 引人上当吗
which is the most insidious and entrapping?
羞耻
Shame.
它深入人的骨髓
It carves its home in the marrow of your bones
永远留在那里
and rests there for all time.
我在哪能找到他 约翰·古德
Where can I find him? This John Goode.
不管他究竟叫什么 我的秘密换他的
Whatever he is truly called. My secrets for his.
他的名字我不能说
A name I cannot give you.
但他有个父亲 是个医生
But there is a father, a doctor, as you know.
还有个哥哥
And there was a brother.
他们两个都患有相同的病症
Both boys subjected to a regime, a physical regime akin,
这病症有如折磨
you might say, to torture.
有人逼他们练就怪力
Feats of strength insisted upon.
他们的身体从小就备受锤炼
Their bodies stretched from an early age, beaten with sticks,
-和毒打 -究竟是为什么
- bent double. - But to what end, however?
他一直没能说清楚
He could never articulate it with precision.
只说他跟他哥哥都有一个诅咒
Only that he and his brother shared a curse.
血的诅咒 这诅咒杀死了他们的妈妈
A curse that killed the boys' mother. A curse of the blood.
那个哥哥呢
And what of the brother?
一天早上 在九曲湖里淹死了
Drowned himself one morning, beneath the waters of the Serpentine.
你担心的那个婴孩
The child you fear for,
如果真是古德的 他肯定认为那孩子也有诅咒
if it is Goode's, he will think it similarly cursed.
克拉布医生称为血之诅咒 古德的半身不遂
A curse of the blood, as Dr Crabbe would have it, Goode's palsy,
和他母亲的早死
the premature death of his mother.
一种遗传残疾
An inherited handicap.
说啊 动用你的医学才能啊
Yes, and so - the medical mind?
是亨廷顿氏舞蹈病
Huntington's Chorea! Huntington's Chorea.
缓慢地死去 里德
Slow death sentence, Reid.
什么
What?
逐步失去人的所有知觉
The piecemeal loss of all that makes you feel human.
如果父母有一方有病症
If either or both of the parents manifest signs of the disease,
那么他们的子嗣中会有一人或多人病发
one or more of the offspring will invariably suffer also.
但如果
If, however,
他们的子嗣这辈子都没有发病
those children manage to go through life and never manifest,
这病就不会往下遗传
the thread is broken.
那就是因为这个
The reason why, then,
他们的医生父亲想不让儿子受此影响
this doctor father sought to make his sons impervious?
利用繁育消除这种残疾
To breed out the mutation.
那他会怎么看布鲁克斯小姐的尾巴
What, then, would he have made of Miss Brooks' tail?
或许他有好一段时间并没看到
Perhaps he did not get sight of it. Not for a good while.
一直觉得她挺美 直到看到她的屁♥股♥
He enjoyed her beauty, until he claps eyes on her behind.
他觉得反感 就把她赶了出去
His disgust sending her to the streets.
直到他想去看看他的孙子
Until... Until he wonders at his grandson,
想知道他会长成什么样的人
at what manner of man he might become.
就去把他抱走了
And goes to reclaim him.
威廉·科克伦医生
有五人 长官 九曲湖那年有五人溺死
Five, sir. Five men drowned in the Serpentine that year.
科克伦 罗伯特·科克伦 二十五岁
Corcoran. Robert Corcoran, age 25.
有个动物学家叫科克伦
There is a zoologist named Corcoran.
他是个研究员
He's a... He's a research fellow
在大英博物馆的博物学馆区工作
at the Natural History extension of the British Museum.
他基本上只研究
He concerns himself almost exclusively
让-巴普蒂斯特·拉马克首先提出的理论的
with the practical development of theories first pronounced by
实践发展
Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
也就是生物获得性遗传
The biological inheritance of acquired characteristics.
就是孩子 弗莱特
Our children, Flight.
据他称 我们在此生练就的力量
The strength and skills acquired in this life,
掌握的技术
so he proposes,
或许能传给下一代
may be handed downto those who must live the next.
科克伦就是古德的父亲 是他抱走了孩子
Corcoran is Goode's father, Corcoran has the child.
德雷克警长 备马车 我们去南肯辛顿
Sergeant Drake, a hansom. We are for South Kensington.
长官 我...
Sir, should I...?
现在要大人上场了 小子
Big boy's game now, son.
先生 摘下你的面具
Mr, take your mask off.
快点啊 摘下来
Go on, take your mask off.
别来烦我
Leave me be!
给我退后
Back! All of you! Back!
先生 来 跟我走
Sir. Here, sir. With me.
你们是怎么了
What is wrong with you?
他是你们的同胞 你们要砸死他吗
This man is your fellow! You would stone him?!
还说他是怪物
You call him monster?!
想想你们自己造的孽吧
Hm? Look on your own sins!
先生 你为什么事而来
Sir, what is it that's brought you here?
里德探长
Inspector Reid.
我要跟他说话
I...I would speak with him.
是急事
I...I believe it urgent.
探长正在查案
The Inspector pursues a case.
我带你去见他吧
But I might bring you to him, sir.
车夫 快点
Driver! Step to it.
亚历山大
Alexander.
爸爸
Hello, Papa.
他还好吗
Is he well?
他吃过东西 在慢慢长大
He is fed and begins to thrive.
那他将来呢 他的血也受了诅咒吗
And the future? Is his blood cursed?
科学还不能给出准确答案
Well, the science is not yet exact.
但我们的努力 你的力量 亚历山大
But the work we performed, you and I, your strength, Alexander...
我的力量 我容纳你所施痛苦的力量
My strength, my strength to absorb your pain.
我让你变得坚强
I made you strong
这样你的后人不必承受你的诅咒
so that our descendants might not suffer your curse.
我对这孩子怀有希望
I have hope for this boy.
但对我已经无望
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表