剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
What are their demands?
三千万美元的现金...
$30 million in cash...
否则他们会撕票
or they will kill the hostages.
国务卿女士
第四季 第十八集
特赫达总统 很遗憾这次危机
President Tejeda, I'm sorry that this crisis
缩短了我们庆祝这个开创性的
has shortened the celebration for this
安全协议的时间
groundbreaking security agreement.
这真是太不幸了
It is very unfortunate.
尤其是在选举前的几天
Particularly in these few days before the election.
不过 我必须马上离开
Nevertheless, I must leave immediately
处理这个危机
and deal with the situation.
我们很愿意
We would be more than happy
为你提供联邦调查局的帮助
to offer you the help of the FBI
以寻找人♥质♥和提供救援物资
to locate the hostages and aid in their rescue.
但是你的援助
But your aid would only
只会给我的对手更多的弹♥药♥
give my opponent more ammunition.
我们的主要目标不是解救人♥质♥吗
Isn't our main goal here to get the hostages freed?
丰塞卡肯定不会用此事来为难你
Surely, Fonseca couldn't shame you for that.
他肯定会的
I assure you he would.
如果国务卿麦考德
If Secretary McCord was correct in estimating that
提前公布对我国的援助计划
the release of our aid package ahead of schedule
可以在选举中帮助我的估计是正确的
could tip the election my way,
联邦调查局的插手反而会帮助丰塞卡
sending the FBI would unfairly help Fonseca.
我认为我们不希望这种情况出现
And I don't think any of us want that.
当然 总统女士
Of course, Madam President.
我们会让一个小队随时待命
We'll, uh, have a team standing by
以防你改变主意
in case you change your mind.
我向你保证我们能处理好这种情况
I assure you we can handle the situation
我们很快就会归还美国公民
and we will return your citizen very soon.
现在 我必须走了
Now, I must go.
再次感谢您 总统先生
Thank you again, Mr. President.
总统女士
Madam President.
她的态度好冷淡
Well, that was frosty.
她因为我不能提前
She's unhappy that I couldn't
公布援助计划而不悦
release their aid package early.
你是这样想的吗
Oh, you think?
就让两位候选人去一争高下吧
Well, it's up to the two candidates to duke it out,
即使这意味着好人
even if it means the good guy--
在这种情况下是好女人 会输掉选举
or in this case, woman-- loses.
当然
Well, sure,
但洪都拉斯仍然是
but Honduras is still the murder capital
西半球的谋杀之都
of the Western Hemisphere.
如果我们让他们的安♥全♥部♥队处理
If we leave this in the hands of their security forces,
美国的援助人员很可能
there's a good chance that American aid worker
被装在棺材里回国
comes home in a box.
谨慎起见 也许应该让一个联邦调查局小队
A small FBI team working a covert op
秘密行动以备不时之需 总统先生
might be a prudent backup plan, sir.
我们叫副局长桑切斯过来 好吗
Let's get Deputy Director Sanchez in here, hmm?
-你好 你好 亨利
- Hi. - Hi, Henry.
我是弗兰克 派珀的爸爸
I'm Frank, Piper's dad
有时也是她的司机兼私人助理
and sometimes driver/ personal assistant.
很高兴见到你 弗兰克
Good to meet you, Frank.
我明白你的感受
And I know how you feel.
杰森正在参加辩论练习
Jason's at debate practice.
显然 他一到家
Apparently, he needs this book
就需要这本书
immediately when he gets home.
可能是因为他总是
Probably 'cause he, you know,
把学习推到最后一分钟
put off studying till the last minute.
我想知道他们觉得他们上大学之后
I wonder who they think is gonna do all this running around
谁还会为他们跑腿
after them when they get to college.
总有一天
Well, you know, eventually,
他们会因为丢失重要的东西而陷入困境
they'll lose something important and get in trouble.
这就是我们过去说的穷♥人♥教育
That's what we used to call a poor man's education.
是啊 但派珀上的大学不会进行穷♥人♥教育的
Yeah, but not at the colleges on Piper's list.
她所有的课程都很贵
All her lessons are gonna be expensive.
听着
Listen, uh,
雷吉娜跟我说小情侣的父母
Regina mentioned that the parents of the perfect couple
应该找时间聚聚
should get together sometime.
肯定的 我们很愿意
Definitely. Uh, we'd love that.
太好了 我们再联♥系♥
Great. Well, we'll be in touch.
好吧 再次感谢 很高兴认识你
Okay. Thanks again. Nice meeting you.
-要不然... -什么
- You know... - Yeah?
要不咱们
Why don't we, uh,
现在就挑个日子吧
just pick a date and pencil something in?
太好了 明天怎么样
Great. Uh, how does tomorrow look?
明天我们一起吃晚饭
Looks like we're having dinner with you guys.
-再见 -再次感谢
- See you later. - Thanks again.
帕迪亚先生和太太 你们好 我是杰伊·惠特曼
Mr. and Mrs. Pedilla, hi. I'm Jay Whitman.
我们知道
Oh, we know.
你是国务卿麦科德的参谋长
You're Secretary McCord's chief of staff.
我们很高兴你会帮我们把女儿找回来
We are so glad to have you help us get our daughter back.
是的 我叫奥利维娅不要去的
Yeah, I told Olivia not to go.
我们一家离开洪都拉斯是有原因的
There's a reason my family left Honduras.
但她不听
But she wouldn't listen.
她想改变世界
She wants to change the world.
如果没有奥利维娅这样的人 我们该怎么办
What would we do without people like Olivia?
请坐
Please, please.
首先 我代表国务卿
Well, first of all, I speak for the secretary
对所发生的事情深感遗憾
when I say how sorry we are for what's happened.
像你女儿一样做重要工作的人
People who do the important work like your daughter
面临的挑战和危险
face challenges
不是所有人都能承受的
and dangers that... well, they aren't for everyone,
我们需要更多像她这样的人
and we need more like her.
美国国♥务♥院♥一般
How long does it typically take
需要多长时间支付赎金
for the State Department to pay the ransom?
问题是 美国并不支付赎金
Well, the thing is, the United States
帕迪亚太太
doesn't do that, Mrs. Pedilla.
我们有严格的政策 从不为人♥质♥付钱
We have a strict policy of never paying for hostages.
这是针对恐怖组织的政策
That's the policy for terrorist groups.
但这是帮派行为
But this is a gang.
我很抱歉 但政策是一样的
I'm sorry, but the policy is the same.
不会为赎回人♥质♥付钱的
There's no money for hostages.
那...
Wha...
但我向你保证
But let me assure you
我们驻特古西加尔巴大使♥馆♥非常重视
that your daughter's whereabouts and ultimate release
你们女儿的下落和最终释放
are receiving the full focus of our embassy in Tegucigalpa,
此外整个国♥务♥院♥和其他机构
as well as that of the whole department
也是这样
and other agencies.
我们正在尽一切可能解决问题
We are exploring every option available to us.
除了支付赎金
Except the one that will get her released.
我... 我很抱歉
I'm... I'm very sorry.
听着...
Listen...
帕迪亚先生和太太 我也是拉美人
我也有孩子 向你们一样
我也身处过和奥利维娅相似的境地
所以我很明白她的处境
我一定会尽我所能来救她的
惠特曼先生 我们感谢你的好意
Mr. Whitman, we appreciate your fine sentiments
你的西班牙语也很好
and your fine Spanish, too,
但对那些抓走我们女儿的暴徒来说 言语无关紧要
but words don't matter to the thugs who have our daughter.
他们只想要钱
Only money does.
如果不能给钱
And if you can't spare that,
一切都是空话
then words are all you're offering.
谢谢你抽空见我们
Thank you for your time.
我的上帝
Oh, my God.
别担心 没关系...
Don't worry. Shh. It's okay...
帕迪亚一家怎么样
How's the Pedilla family?
帕迪亚太太哭着走的
Mrs. Pedilla left in tears.
我试着安慰他们 但是...
I tried to connect with them, but...
我最终只是在说我自己的事
I wound up making it all about me.
我完全失败了
I completely failed.
你做什么失败了
At what, exactly?
我没能安抚他们
Reassuring them.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表