剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
- Sweetheart. - No. No, honey, no. She's using us.
你看不出来吗 你们这些政客都是一样的
Can't you see that? You politicians are all the same.
有求于人的时候就假装关心
You only pretend you care when there's something you need.
道森先生 我同意你的看法
Mr. Dawson, I agree with you.
政♥治♥可能是一个丑陋的行业
Politics can be an ugly business
如果你想起诉我 当然 那是你的权利
and if you want to sue me, absolutely, that is your right.
没错 我握了很多我不愿握的手
It's true. I shake a lot of hands I'd rather not shake.
但是我工作的特权是...
But the unique privilege of my job...
能看到像你儿子这样的人
is that I get to see the difference
令世界做出的改变
that people like your son make in the world.
我代表一个感恩的国家
On behalf of a grateful nation,
为吉姆为国家做出的贡献感谢你们
I want to thank you for Jim's service
并致以最深切的哀悼
and offer my deepest condolences.
感谢你们的接待
I appreciate your time.
谢谢你告诉我们这些关于吉姆的事
Thank you for telling us about our Jim.
你是怎么做到的
How'd you do it?
你想不想就这么算了
Do you want to just get it over with
然后搬进我们的车♥库♥
and move into our garage?
你是什么时候开始自愿跑步的
When did you start running voluntarily?
今天
Today.
如你所知 我一直坚持认为
As you know, I've always maintained
跑步是个既愚蠢又痛苦的锻炼方式
that exercise is stupid and painful,
但显然我对这个世界一无所知
but clearly I know nothing
因为道森一家正在放弃诉讼
because the Dawsons are dropping the suit.
那么 你是怎么做到的呢
So again, how did you do it?
那不是我去找他们的目的
That's not what I went over there for,
但我想这是个好消息
but that's good news, I suppose.
你想
You suppose?
这是个超级好消息
It's unequivocally good news.
事实上 他们正在发表一份声明
In fact, they're releasing a statement thanking you
感谢你神秘的所作所为
for whatever it is you did.
圈子里的人说莫雷洪还在尝试凑齐选票
The word on the Hill is Morejon is still trying
一旦那个悲伤的美国家庭是被
to cobble together votes, which he won't get
沙特前教♥育♥部♥副部长操控了
once it leaks that the former
的消息传出去
Saudi deputy minister of education is paying
他就绝对不可能凑齐了
to manipulate a grieving, American family.
你找到了确凿的证据吗
You found hard evidence?
有时候你甚至都没有意识到
Sometimes it's like you don't even realize
你在侮辱我
you're insulting me.
无论如何 关键在于
Anyway, the point is,
你现在可以重启你的小和谈了
you can now restart your little peace talks.
不用谢
You're welcome.
说到这事 能给我个友情价吗
About that, um, is there a friend rate or...?
没有
There is not.
伊丽莎白·麦考德 你真是个磨人的客户
You, Elizabeth McCord, are an exhausting client.
是的
Yeah.
去探望道森一家的做法是鲁莽并且愚蠢的
Going to see that family was reckless and stupid.
你刚才问我是怎么做到的
You know, you asked me how I did it.
我去之前什么都没打算
I wasn't trying to do anything,
我只是觉得应该这样做
just what I thought was right.
我说过了 这蠢透了
I already said. Stupid.
-走了 -好吧好吧
- Hey. Out. - Oh, yeah.
莱尔
Lyle.
我们需要谈谈
We need to talk.
我没多少时间
In a bit of a hurry.
温菲尔德将军有一些鹿角的照片
General Winfield has some pictures of antlers
他想让我看看
he wants to show me.
我知道你没有完成
Look, I know you didn't complete
在德国♥军♥事学院的课程
the Military Academy of the German Armed Forces.
他们的记录显示你被录取了
Their records show that you enrolled,
但是你没有完成学业
but you didn't complete your coursework.
你想怎么样
And you're gonna do what with this allegation?
就是和你谈谈这件事
Have this conversation with you.
所以我退出 把这份工作拱手让给你是吗
So I'll just step aside and you can get the job. Is that it?
或者你可以认为这是一个
Or you could consider it an opportunity
纠正错误的机会
to correct your oversight.
你不会说出去吗
And no one has to know?
如果你解决了这个问题
Not if you resolve the issue.
别人就没必要知道了
I don't see why they would.
一分
One point.
我以一分之差没能通过考试
I failed my last final by one point.
本来一周之后有一个复试
I mean, there's a retest the next week,
但是我已经预定了回美国的航♥班♥
but I'd already booked my flight back to the States.
有一天 我查了查
Then one day I looked up.
五年过去了 没有人提起过这件事
It was five years later and no one had even mentioned it.
兄弟
Oh, man.
这是个很难的抉择
That's tough.
我相信我们很多人
I'm sure a lot of us would probably have done
可能都会这么做
the exact same thing.
你为什么要这么做
Why are you doing this?
我清楚地感觉到你不喜欢我
I got the distinct impression you didn't like me.
没错
I don't.
我以前是不太喜欢你
Well, I didn't.
我知道 我有时挺难相处的
I can come on strong, I know.
我对你妻子开的玩笑...
That crack about your wife...
不太合适
Was not great.
但是你关于谢尔曼进军的书很棒
But your book about Sherman's March was.
你根本没必要这么做 莱尔
You didn't have to do this, Lyle.
你有真本事
You're the real deal.
虽然你的简历不太真实
Even if not everything on your CV was.
你真是太好了
That's very decent of you.
我应该说 你很有道德
Ethical, dare I say.
谢谢你 亨利
Thank you, Henry.
国务卿女士
Madam Secretary.
我听说了一个关于已故的詹姆斯·道森的事
I've heard a troubling rumor about the late James Dawson,
尤其是关于
specifically in regards
他在我国期间的真实工作
to who he was really working for while in the Kingdom.
阿希姆王子 非常感谢你抽时间来找我
Prince Asim, thanks so much for making the time.
派遣未经授权的间谍进入沙特
Sending unauthorized spies into our country
这是美国又一次欺侮信赖的盟友
is yet another example of the U.S. abusing a trusted ally.
我们都知道每个国家都对其他国家这样做
We both know that every country does exactly that
你却跑来假装愤怒地对我控诉
to every other country, so you feigning outrage tells me
你一定是在国内受到不少
you really must be getting hounded at home
关于完成这次导弹交易的压力吧
about closing this missile deal, huh?
所以我们现在有话直说吗
So we're being brutally honest with each other now?
值得信赖的盟友之间不就应该这样吗
What are trusted allies for, right?
本着这样的精神
And in that spirit,
我们知道有个与贵国政♥府♥联♥系♥密切的人
we know that someone closely connected with your government
一直在资助道森一家对我的诉讼
has been funding the Dawsons' lawsuit against me.
国务卿女士 你误解了
Madam Secretary, you misunderstand.
国王殿下仍然明白
His Highness remains cognizant of the need
我们继续合作的必要性
for our continued cooperation.
你的意思是你还想要我们的精确制导武器
You mean you still want our precision-guided weapons.
别担心 你会得到它们的
Yeah, don't worry. You-you'll get them...
只要你的政♥府♥代理人
as soon as your government brokers
立即在也门停火
an immediate cease-fire in Yemen.
你要明白这样的要求
You must know that such a message
这将使国王大为惊恐
will cause great consternation to His Majesty.
使者会更为惊恐
And therefore, even more to the messenger.
我让你很难做
I'm putting you in a rough spot.
我知道
I know.
但是 说实话
But, truth be told,
过去的几天里
I haven't really been in a great spot, either,
我过得也不舒服
the last few days,
所以停火换导弹
so cease-fire for missiles.
这就是协议
That's the deal.
我会向国王转告你的提议的
I will take up your proposal with the king.
我期待贵国的停火消息
And I look forward to the announcement of the cease-fire.
非常感谢 祝你好运
Thanks so much. You have a great day.
欢迎来到军事伦理系的
Welcome to the first meeting of
第一次会议
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表