剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
好 我去学
Fine. I'll do it.
但你 你不能放逐我
But you can't, you can't banish me...
-放逐 -不让我去
- "Banish"? - ...from go-- ban...
我不能被时间或空间的枷锁所束缚 爸爸
I can't be contained by borders in time or space, Dad.
我爱她
I love her.
每个伟大的爱情都会遇到阻碍
Well-- and every great love has obstacles.
主人公需要努力去克服
The hero has to have something to overcome
去证明他值得被爱
to prove that he's worthy.
猜猜你的阻碍是什么
Guess what yours is.
好
Fine.
我接到了一个白宫的紧急简报通知
I've got an emergency protocol briefing at the White House.
送来了
It came in.
联调局长那边有消息吗
Any news yet from the DNI?
我刚和埃弗兰通过电♥话♥
Uh, I just got off the phone with Ephraim.
情报系统没有关于俄♥罗♥斯♥和天花的消息
Nothing from the I.C. yet about Russia and smallpox,
不过他还在调查
but he's still looking.
媒体知道了
Quarantine just broke on the news.
是我们发布的吗
Did we release that?
医院 一定是医院那边走露了风声
The hospital; this must have been a leak.
国务卿 非常抱歉 但我无法
Ma'am, I'm so sorry, but I wasn't able
在凯特·桑多瓦尔到来之前联♥系♥到她
to reach Kat Sandoval before she arrived.
她要来了吗
She's coming up?
已经到了
She's already here.
凯特·桑多瓦尔
Kat Sandoval.
见到你很荣幸 真的
It's a pleasure to meet you, really.
这是我的参谋长 杰伊·惠特曼
Uh, this is my chief of staff, Jay Whitman.
在制裁伊朗的工作上和本·普莱斯干的漂亮
Hey. Great work with Ben Price on sanctions in Iran.
我不过是在落实你们的核协议而已
Oh, I was just teeing up your nuclear agreement.
棒极了
That was amazing.
都是顶层领导们的功劳 还是谢谢您
It all starts at the top, but thanks.
这是我的助理 布莱克·莫兰
This is my assistant, Blake Moran.
-您好 幸会幸会 -你好
- Hi. Nice to meet you. - ?Hi.
现在我得重新安排一下您了
Now I have to reschedule you.
没错 太抱歉了 可是白宫有紧急事件
Yes, I'm so sorry, but there's an emergency White House thing.
一定是天花的事情 显然
It must be smallpox. That's a doozy.
没错
Yeah. It is.
能边走边说吗
Um, can we walk you out?
- 当然 -新书宣传巡回还好吧
- Yeah, sure. ?Okay. - You're enjoying the book tour?
如果你说还好的意思
Uh, if by "Enjoy,"
指的是像给牙齿做根管治疗一样 没错
you mean "Enduring it like a root canal," Yes.
我还是更喜欢在幕后
I am much more comfortable behind the scenes.
我们都非常喜欢你的《国家之言》
Well, we loved you on, uh, Word of the Nation.
我和我女儿说
Oh. I told my daughter that I...
我真心羡慕你现在的生活
genuinely envy your life right now.
别跟我说你打算急流勇退了
Don't tell me you're thinking about checking out.
该走总会走的
Well, when the time comes.
那我希望不是近期
Well, I hope that isn't any time soon,
因为您现在所做的
because you are doing what so many of us
是我们很多人多年的夙愿
wanted to do for years.
通过那在突尼斯的那个军事基地
Getting Dalton to pivot his whole foreign policy
使得道尔顿改变了外交政策
with that military base in Tunisia?
太厉害了
That was fierce.
这是很多人共同努力的结果
A lot of people worked together to make that happen.
她说的没错
She's being modest.
能干多久就干多久
Stay in the game as long as you can.
农场就在那儿 跑不了
The farm will always be there.
有您这样的人忠于职守在这个岗位上
And I sleep a lot better knowing that someone like you
我会睡得好很多
is at the switch.
这是我经历过的最振奋人心的
Well, this was the most encouraging walk
通往电梯之行了
to the elevator I've ever had.
我不想长话短说 不过
And I hate to cut it short, but...
是我的荣幸 真的
No, the pleasure was all mine. Really.
对了
Oh, listen. Um...
幸好我没忘 实在不好意思张口
Before I forget, and I hate to ask you to do this,
但您能否为拉塞尔·杰克逊签个名
but would you sign that to Russell Jackson for me?
-当然 -笔
- Absolutely. - Pen.
没错
Oh. Yeah, yeah.
这么说 天花
So, smallpox.
你一定觉得是俄♥罗♥斯♥让这个人感染上的
You must be thinking Russia gave it to the guy.
不然还能怎样 对吧
How else could he get it, right?
但这简直太冒失了 即使按照俄♥罗♥斯♥的标准
Except it's totally reckless, even by Russia's standards.
老生重弹 这个人是生态斗士
Then again, the guy's an eco-warrior,
俄♥罗♥斯♥最恨的就是
and there's nothing Russia hates more
令人讨厌的不同政见者
than an annoying dissident pointing out
指出俄♥罗♥斯♥油田的生态噩梦
the ecological nightmare of Russia's oil fields.
我们真得...
We should, uh, really...
但我突然想到
But then it hit me.
石油污染发生在西伯利亚
The oil spill in Siberia.
他就是这么感染的
That's how he got it.
什么意思
What do you mean?
在西伯利亚 永冻土正在解冻
In Siberia, the permafrost is thawing.
不断释放各种污秽之物
Unearthing all kinds of nastiness,
包括全世界都认为早已灭绝的疾病
including diseases that the world thought were long dead.
他一定是在
He must've gotten it
拍摄石油污染照片的时候感染的
when he was there taking pictures of the oil spill.
僵尸天花病毒
Zombie smallpox?
要不要下楼的路上接着聊
Should we continue this on the way down?
-好 可以吗 -当然
- Yeah. Could... - ?Yeah.
我在鳄梨农场学到的一件事
One thing I learned from the avocado farm,
地球基本上就是个五岁的孩子
the Earth is basically like a five-year-old.
你供给他想要的一切 最好的事物
You give it everything it wants-- the best food
爱和关爱 永不间断 可是
and love and attention-- it is non-stop bounty, but...
你用垃圾污染它
you pollute it with crap,
忽略的它想睡一小觉的信♥号♥♥ 并渐行渐远
ignore all the signs that it needs a nap and push it too far?
很快 你就养成了一个过度关怀的孩子
Pretty soon, you've got an overlooked middle child
而他会杀死保姆来吸引你的注意
who will demand your attention by killing the babysitter.
不论如何
Anyway, yeah.
永冻土 我会走这个方向
Permafrost. That's where I would look.
我不是在维护
I'm not defending
共♥产♥主义的历史
the history of communism.
我是说
I'm saying it was a more
共♥产♥主义从基础上比资本主义更道德
fundamentally moral system than capitalism.
好了好了
Okay, okay.
咱们今天解决不了这个问题
We're not gonna solve this today,
但我给你们留个作业
but let-let me lea-- let me just leave you with one thing.
在民♥主♥和独♥裁♥的
In the ideological struggle
意识形态斗争中
between democracy and authoritarianism,
我不是来提问谁对谁错的
I'm not here to question what's right or wrong,
但我要指出 只有一种意识形态
but I will point out that there's only one
允许你向对和错提出质疑
that allows you to question what's right and wrong.
好吗
Okay?
谢谢 非常棒的讨论 谢谢
Thank you-- very good discussion today. Thanks.
请在周五前定下论文主题
Uh, paper topics by Friday, please.
我还没被说服
You know, I'm still not convinced.
我知道 索尔
Yeah, I got that, Sal.
在论文里写写吧
Why don't you take it up in your paper?
实际上 我需要和您商量商量
You know, actually, I have a thought I'd like to run by you.
我在研究一个缉毒局的案子
I'm working on a DEA case,
几周之前 这个联调局的探员身份暴露了
and a couple of weeks ago, this FBI agent got his cover blown.
在MS-13卧底两年
Two years undercover with MS-13.
这让我想到深度卧底的对人产生的长♥期♥影响
Now, it got me thinking about long-term effects
以及为了更大的利益
of working deep cover, and if it's moral
而让一个人假装坏人是否道德
to ask someone to pretend to be bad for a greater good?
这很好
Well, that's very good.
很复杂 我期待着拜读你的论文
Complicated. I look forward to reading it.
谢谢您 先生
Uh, thank you, sir.
索尔 留步
Hey, Sal.
这位特工 他成功脱身了吗
This agent, did he get out okay?
他脱身了
He got out.
迪伦 你好
Hey, Dylan.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表