剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我们永远不会忘记
we never forget.
基地的事情 决定好了告诉我 再见
Let me know what you decide about the base. Bye.
等等...
Wait, just a...
你好 雷吉娜 我是亨利·麦考德 你好吗
Hi, Regina, it's Henry McCord. How are you?
好的 我很好
Good-- I'm fine, yeah, I'm fine.
我想和你谈谈
Listen, I wanted to talk to you about the...
好的
Okay.
那天晚上
...other night, um...
对不起 雷吉娜 我能过会儿给你回电♥话♥吗
Uh, I'm sorry, Regina, can I call you right back?
是的 谢谢 对不起
Yes. Thanks. Sorry.
你好 派珀
Uh, hey, Piper.
你好 亨利
Hi, Henry.
杰斯 我可以...
Um, Jace, can I...
跟你说几句话吗
talk to you for just one sec?
当然
Yeah. Sure.
爸爸 有什么事吗
What's up, Dad?
你...
Uh, you, uh...
你有什么事要对我说吗
Why don't you tell me?
是啊 你说的很对
Oh, yeah, um, you were totally right.
只是... 那天晚上之后
You know, just... after the other night,
我意识到 我想要一些空间
I-I realized that, you know, I wanted some space,
但不是无限的 无尽的空间
but not infinite, endless space.
所以 我们谈过了
So, you know, we talked it out,
我觉得我们真的像一对情侣一样共同成长 所以...
and, uh, I feel like we really grew as a couple, so...
谢谢 爸爸
thanks, Dad.
真不错 儿子
Good for you, son.
国务卿女士 您找我
Madam Secretary, you wanted to see me?
是的 彼得 我...
Yeah. Peter, I, uh...
我想告诉你 我接受你
I wanted to tell you that I accept your resignation
作为苏丹和南苏丹的特使的辞呈
as special envoy to Sudan and South Sudan.
好吧
Oh, well...
谢谢您 国务卿女士
Thank you, Madam Secretary.
很荣幸能为人♥民♥服务
It was an honor to serve.
我还向总统推荐你
I also recommended to the president that he name you
担任下一任驻联♥合♥国♥大使
the next ambassador to the U.N.
总统同意了
POTUS agreed.
这对我意义重大
This means a great deal.
介意我花几天时间考虑一下吗
Do you mind if I take a couple of days to think it over?
好吧 别花太长时间
Well, don't take too long.
就像我说的 我们的战斗需要你
As I said, we need you in the fight.
当然
Of course.
我要为我那天的话向您道歉
I should apologize to you for my outburst the other day.
不
No.
我应该向你道歉 彼得
I should apologize to you, Peter.
能坐下说吗
W-Will you sit down?
我说的这些话 会给自己招来很多麻烦
I could get in a lot of trouble for telling you this,
但是... 随便吧
but... what the hell?
1998年 我在中情局的
I was in the Bin Laden Issue Station
本·拉♥登♥问题小组
at CIA in '98.
我们知道有事情要发生
We knew something was coming,
我们只是没有...
we just couldn't...
...及时把所有线索弄明白
...figure out all the pieces fast enough.
我们辜负了你和你的同事
And we failed you and your colleagues,
为此 我深感抱歉
and for that, I am profoundly sorry.
别在这方面太自责了 国务卿
Don't beat yourself up too much on that score, ma'am.
责任大到谁都躲不掉
There's blame enough for everybody.
国♥务♥院♥里知道那栋大楼
State knew that building was
离街道太近 不安全
too close to the street to be safe.
白宫资金不足的安全措施
The White House underfunded security measures
因为他们下定决心
'cause they were so determined
要获得"和平红利"
to get their "Peace dividend."
中情局应该给你的小组更多的资源才是
CIA should have given your unit more resources.
就这样继续下去
On and on it goes.
我们都失败了
We all failed.
但如果这能给你任何安慰
But if it gives you any comfort,
听我说 我原谅你
hear my words: I forgive you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
既然我们在揭露秘密...
Since we're revealing secrets...
...我的悲伤让我感到羞愧
...my-my grief makes me ashamed
当我想到别人失去了多少
when I think about how much others lost.
父母失去儿女
Parents lost sons and daughters
丈夫失去了妻子
and husbands lost wives.
我四处奔波的时候 我的妻子和孩子们
Meanwhile, my wife and kids were safe, back in D.C.,
都在华盛顿安然无恙
while I was running around.
我认为不只是这样
I think it was deeper than that.
从一开始 家里的情况就不太好
Things weren't so great at home to start with.
我自愿参加了艰苦的工作 去了坎帕拉
I volunteered for hardship posts, like Kampala.
这对我的妻子和孩子们是不公平的
It wasn't fair to my wife, or the kids.
但我喜欢这份工作
But I loved the work.
我觉得我们正在改变很多事
And I felt like we were making a difference.
她也是如此
So did she.
你想跟我说说她吗
Do you want to tell me about her?
我们在音乐上有非常不同的品味
Well, we had very different tastes in music,
这是肯定的
I'll tell you that.
她爱独♥立♥摇滚
She loved indie rock.
而我...
And I...
我喜欢老式爵士
I'm an old jazz guy.
即使在那时 我也只是个脾气暴躁的老头
Even back then, I was just a grumpy old man.
我们会在那些温暖的坎帕拉夜晚开车兜风
We'd drive around, those warm Kampala nights,
然后交换听磁带
and trade off listening to cassettes.
莉兹·佩尔和比莉·黛莉
Liz Phair, and Billie Holiday.
她常叫我"有趣的情人"
She used to call me her "Funny valentine."
说我的我的身材不怎么好
My figure being less than Greek,
你明白的
you understand.
国务卿女士
Madam Secretary,
我倾向于激发人们的强烈反应
I tend to inspire strong reactions in people.
通常在勉强的尊重
Hmm, something usually between grudging respect
和公开的敌意之间
and open hostility.
但她...
But she was...
她是第一个
She was the first one
真正理解我的人
to really see me.
这太美妙了
And it was wonderful.
她的名字叫拉娜
Her name was Lana.
她是我的一生挚爱
And she was the love of my life.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表