and I built the foundations of a new country.
蛋糕男
Cake guy.
我不想因一个从没发生过的
I don't want to be remembered
蛋糕故事而被铭记
for a cake story that never happened.
这会是一部伟大的电影
This could be a great movie.
你说得对 你猜怎么着
You're right, and guess what,
电影就叫 蛋糕阿尔弗雷德
it's called, Alfred The Cake.
给艾什顿·库彻电♥话♥ 我们有好片子了
Get Ashton Kutcher on the phone, we've got a hit.
艾什顿·库彻
Ashton Kutcher.
小心 蛋糕男不高兴了
Look out, cake guy's getting upset.
能给这家伙来杯茶吗
Could we get this guy a, a cup of tea?
再来 一块蛋糕
Oh and a, a cake.
我恨死你们了
I hate you so much.
阿尔弗雷德大帝在铸币厂制♥造♥大量硬币
Alfred the Great had many coins made in the King's Mint.
如果铸币工人故意将硬币做小
What would happen to a coinmaker
并偷窃剩余的银子
if he was caught making coins too small
会受到什么处罚
and stealing the leftover silver?
A 用硬币在身上打下烙印
A: Be branded with the coin stamp
B 家庭财产全部充公
B: Have all his family's money confiscated
C 砍掉双手系在车间大门上
C: Have his hand cut off and fastened to the worksop door
答案是C 砍掉双手
The answer is C, his hand was cut off
系在车间大门上
and fastened to the workshop door.
绝妙古希腊
源自古希腊的英语词汇
英雄
巨龙
史诗
学校
道歉
健忘
历史
音乐
地理
哲学
生物
经济
数学
灾难
练习语法
大灾难
我们古希腊非常重视教育
We really valued education in ancient Greece
可能正因如此
so perhaps that's why
我们才发现了众多奇妙的事物
we discovered so many marvellous things.
历史版
智囊问答
古希腊人尼科斯
Nickos Ancient Greekious,
在上一轮 你选择了你擅长的领域
in that last round, your chosen specialised subject,
古希腊奥♥运♥会
the ancient Greek Olympic Games,
你非常烦人地得了满分20分
you scored a quite frankly annoying maximum 20 points.
而在下一轮 常识问答环节
But in this next round, general knowledge,
会涉及到很多现代的东西
there's lots of modern stuff so I'm afraid
恐怕你过关的几率微乎其微
you don't stand a snowball's chance in Hades.
-那就走着瞧吧 -走着瞧
- We'll see about that. - We'll see about that.
咱们走着瞧
Well, we will see about that.
-咱们走着瞧 -好 走着瞧
- WE will see about that. - Yes, we will.
-走着瞧 -我说过了
- Er, we will. - As I said.
问答现在 咱们走着瞧 开始
Your time starts - we'll see about that - now.
地球是什么形状的
What shape is the Earth?
-圆的 -是的 回答正确
- Round. - Yes, that's correct.
希腊哲学家毕达哥拉斯
Greek philosopher Pythagoras worked that
在公元前500年之前就提出来了
one out before 500 BC.
好吧 算你走运 谁发明了悠悠球
Well, you got lucky there, I think. Who invented yo-yo's?
我们希腊人
We Greeks did.
正确 下一题你绝对不会
Correct. Well, you'll never get this one.
自动售货机是什么
What is a vending machine?
是一种投入钱币后自动配货的机器
A machine that dispenses stuff when you put coins in it.
你究竟是怎么知道这玩意的
How on earth did you know that?
因为早在公元1世纪
Because Heron of Alexandria invented one
[古希腊数学家 工程师]
希罗就发明了一台
in the first century AD.
亚历山大亚的希罗 下一题你绝对不会
Oh, "Heron of Alexandria..." You'll never get this one.
谁发明了蒸汽机
Who invented steam power?
时间快到了哟
I'm going to have to hurry you?
难道又是希罗
Was it Heron of Alexandria again?
不是 我很
No, I'm...
是的 回答正确 谁发明了悠悠球
Yes, it was, that's, that's correct. Who invented yo-yo's?
-我们发明的 -正确
- Er, er, we did. - Correct.
谁认为彩虹是一种自然现象
Who suggested that a rainbow was a natural phenomenon
-而非神灵的标志 -阿那克西米尼
- and not a sign from the gods? - Anaximenes.
[古希腊哲学家]
再次回答正确
Correct again.
确定这些答案是对的吗
Are we sure these are right
他怎么答对了那么多
because he's getting a lot of them?
对的 那好吧
Yep, OK.
谁最先发现海平面
Who first realised that sea levels had risen
会随着时间的推移升降
and fallen over long periods of time?
是色诺芬尼吗
Er, was it Xenophanes?
[古希腊哲学家 诗人 历史学家社会和宗教评论家]
正确 是在公元500年左右
Correct, it was around 500 AD.
[此处有误 应为公元前五百年左右]
谁发明了悠悠球
Who invented yo-yo's?
-是我们 -是的 回答正确
- We did. - Yes, that's correct,
不好意思 这个问题不断出现
sorry, that question keeps coming back.
谁最先提出了原子论
Who first suggested the idea of atoms?
应该是希腊哲学家德谟克利特
That would be Greek philosopher Democritus.
正确 谁发明了民♥主♥
Correct. Who invented democracy?
-德谟克利特 -错了 你答错了
- Democritus. - Wrong! You're wrong.
-被我难住了吧 -肯定是他
- I've got you. - Well, it must have been him.
不 不是 这是个巧合
No, no, that's just a co-incidence.
[Democritus和democracy的词根相同]
实际上 民♥主♥的意思是人♥民♥的统治
Democracy actually means the rule of the people.
古希腊人尼科斯 你的时间到了
And I'm afraid your time is up, Nickos Ancient Greekious,
在上一轮 你答错了一道题
in that last round you got one question wrong.
那我答对的那些题呢
What about all the ones I got right?
我更喜欢强调你答错的那个
Well, I prefer to focus on the one that you got wrong.
你真输不起
Sore loser.
你被淘汰了
And you are an ex-contestant,
请马上离开演播室 快走吧
leave the studio now, please, leave it.
确实 那些古希腊人都挺聪明的
Yes, those ancient Greeks sure were a smart bunch.
据说 希腊的智多星亚里士多德
Greek brain box Aristotle was said to
无所不知 无所不晓
have known everything there was to know.
真的吗
Oh, yeah?
我敢打赌他不知道
I bet he didn't know
烂猪肉的味道
what's the tastiest bit of a rotten pig.
一些希腊人很善于横向思维
Some Greeks were great lateral thinkers
亚历山大大帝就是个典型的例子
and none more so than Alexander the Great.
来啊 试试解开这个戈尔迪之结吧
Roll up, roll up, have a go at untying the Gordian Knot.
戈尔迪之结的故事
你呢 先生 你长得挺像克里特岛人的
How about you, sir, you look like a Cretan.
-你说什么 -克里特岛人
- What did you say? - A Cretan,
居住在克里特岛上的人
an inhabitant of the island of Crete.
以智慧和美貌著名
Well known for their intelligence and good looks.
不不不 我来自伊奥斯岛
No, no, no, I'm from Isos.
为什么不试试解开这个戈尔迪之结呢
Oh, well, why not have a go at untying the Gordian Knot?
如果我解开了 有什么好处吗
What do I win if I untie it?
这个做工拙劣的园林装饰品
This, standard issue, poorly crafted garden ornament.
我开玩笑呢 你可以统治亚洲
I'm joking! You actually win Asia.
整个亚洲
Asia, all of it?
是的 传说谁解开了戈尔迪之结
Yeah, legend has it whoever unties the Gordian Knot
谁就可以成为亚洲之王
will become king of all of Asia.
好棒 我要是成为了亚洲之王
Oh, that's nice, I reckon if I won that
老家的夫人会赠我香吻的
the missus from Isos will kiss us.
我想她会的
I reckon she probably will.
好的 这是个什么样的结
Right, um, what, what kind of knot is this?
我告诉你
Well, I told you,
这是戈尔迪死结 绝对不可能解开
it's your Gordian Knot guaranteed 100% impossible to undo.
你没告诉过我这不可能啊
You didn't tell me it was impossible.
我当然不会说
Of course I didn't,
如果我告诉了你 你就不会试了
you wouldn't have a go if I told you that
我就喜欢看别人解不开的样子
and I never tire of watching people fail to untie it.
给亚历山大大帝让路
Make way for Alexander the Great!
这就是那个有名的戈尔迪之结
So, this is the famous Gordian Knot.
我还不知道它很有名呢
Oh, I didn't know it was famous.
是个传说 陛下 这就是那个结
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表