恐怖都铎 华丽乔治*
*Terrible Tudors, gorgeous Georgians
卑劣斯图亚特 邪恶维多利亚*
*Slimy Stuarts, vile Victorians
悲惨战役 凶残争斗*
*Woeful wars, ferocious fights
昏暗古堡 英勇骑士*
*Dingy castles, daring knights
恐怖难以言表*
*Horrors that defy description
凶狠凯尔特 可怕古埃及*
*Cut-throat Celts, awful Egyptians
凶残维京 冷血罪行 远古的惩罚*
*Vicious Vikings, cruel crimes, punishment from ancient times
罗马人 堕落恶心又冷血*
*Romans, rotten, rank, and ruthless
穴居人 野蛮残酷不长牙*
*Caveman, savage, fierce and toothless
绝妙古希腊 聪明大圣人*
*Groovy Greeks, brainy sages
卑鄙又卑微 就是中世纪*
*Mean and measly Middle Ages
血腥故事无限多*
*Gory stories we do that
且听鼠君对你说*
*And your host a talking rat
历史不再是个谜*
*The past is no longer a mystery
欢迎收看*
*Welcome to
第四季 第十二集
糟糕历史
邪恶的维多利亚时代
维多利亚时代的伦敦疾病肆虐
Disease was rife in Victorian London
因此空墓地很快就会被抢光
and so the graveyards filled up very quickly
必须得找其他地方来埋葬死者
and we had to find other places to bury our dead.
日安
Good day.
-你好 -你好
- Hello. - Hello!
请给我两张去布鲁克伍德的车票
Two tickets to Brookwood, please.
你要单程票还是往返票 夫人
Single or return ticket, madam?
我需要往返票 我的丈夫要单程
Return for me and a single for my husband.
乘坐大墓地线路 是吗
Taking the Necropolis Railway, are we?
没错 这方便极了
Yes, indeed, it's very convenient.
城市里没有多余的地方埋葬死人
When you run out of room to bury people in the city,
把墓地的位置向外扩张很合情合理
it does make sense to put your cemeteries further out.
大墓地线路就是为了运送死者而修建的
愿你在郊外度过美好的一天
Plus you get a lovely day out in the countryside.
是啊 而且我的丈夫很喜欢火车
Yeah. And my husband does love trains.
他生前很喜欢
Well, he did.
那是当然的
Of course he did.
要头等座 二等座还是三等座
First class, second class or third class?
我要头等座
First class for me.
你的丈夫呢
And your husband?
他可以进行李架吗
Can he go in the luggage rack?
恐怕不行 他要靠窗的座位吗
Afraid not, would he like a window seat?
他并不需要观景
Well, he doesn't really need a view.
我的意思是 这样方便你把棺材推出去
No, but it's easier to shove him out at the cemetery.
抱歉 你们还需要很久吗
Excuse me, are you going to be long,
我上周失去了我的丈夫
only I lost my husband last week.
你我都是如此
You and me both.
不 不一样 我是在火车上丢了他
No, no, I lost him on the train.
这样啊 你还挺走运的
Oh, right you are - well, I think you might be in luck.
上周有人把他送回过来
Somebody handed him in last week
而我不会介意你把他领走的
and I, for one, will not be sad to see him go.
你们能稍微快些吗
Could you lot hurry up?
我的所有亲戚都得肺痨死了
All my relatives have died of consumption.
你有家庭套餐铁路卡吗 先生
Do you have a family railcard, sir?
你有兴趣办一张吗
Would you be interested in a family railcard?
亲爱的 你怎么看 好的
What do you think, darling? Yes.
罗伯特·科金
愚蠢的死法之
死得傻呀死得傻*
*Stupid deaths, stupid deaths
真人真事乐哈哈*
*They're funny cos they're true
死得傻呀死得傻*
*Stupid deaths, stupid deaths
下次不要到你家*
*Hope next time, it's not you
伙计们 我还能说什么呢
Oh, guys, what can I say
真是个惊喜 死日快乐
such a nice surprise, happy death day.
我爱你们 伙计们 我...
I love you guys, I th...
什么 对 最好先干正事
What? Yes, best get on with it,
越早干完 我们就可以越早吃到蛋糕
the sooner we finish, the sooner we can have some cake.
下一位
Next!
你是
And you are?
罗伯特·科金
Robert Cocking,
我是专业水彩画家 还是个业余科学家
professional watercolour artist and amateur scientist.
真不错
Oh, goody,
业余科学家比专业科学家要有趣多了
amateur scientists are so much more fun than professional ones.
往下说
Go on.
我非常热衷于科学
Well, I was very keen on science,
尤其是关于降落伞的科学
particularly the science of parachutes.
听上去前面有戏啊
Sounds promising.
1802年 我见证了
I witnessed the first ever
英格兰有史以来第一次降落伞跳伞
parachute jump in England in 1802
而我相信自己一定可以设计一个更好的
and was convinced I could design a better one.
所以我设计了一些草图 做了一些演算
So, I made some drawings and, and some calculations,
知道吗 我全部都考虑到了
Basically, I left nothing to chance, you know.
你肯定都考虑到了
You wouldn't, would you?
我非常自信这种设计可以行得通
I was so confident it would work
所以我下决心自己来测试
that I resolved to test it myself
乘着热气球升到180米的高空跳下
by leaping 180 metres from a hot air balloon.
我猜降落伞没起作用
I'm guessing the parachute didn't work?
不然我为什么会在这里
What do you think I'm doing here?
我还是不明白
I mean, I don't understand it,
我所计算出的降落伞大小
I calculated the parachute exactly
对我的体重而言刚好合适
the right size for my weight.
没错 但除了承担你的体重之外
Well, yes, but it would have to carry your weight
-降落伞还得承担自身的重量 -什么
- plus its own weight, Obv! - What?
你没忘记
You didn't forget
把降落伞自身的重量也算进去吧
to factor in the weight of the parachute itself, did you?
你这个傻瓜
You nincompoop!
难怪降落伞没用
No wonder it didn't work.
先找个假人[傻瓜]来测试是不是更好吗
Hey, wouldn't it have been a good idea to test it with a dummy first?
等等 你就是这样做的
Oh, hang on a minute, you did!
他自己就是那个傻瓜[假人]
Him being the dummy.
你明白笑点了吧 明白就笑出来啊
Oh, you got it. Well, tell your face!
你可以去投胎转世了
You're through to the afterlife.
知道吗
Oh, do you know,
我觉得他的故事是我收到的最好的礼物
I think his story might be my best present ever,
真是锦上添花[蛋糕上的糖霜]
the icing on the cake.
要来一块蛋糕吗
Shall we have a piece?
什么
What...
你就一刻也不能等吗 真是的
You just couldn't wait, could you, honestly!
把气氛全毁了
Ruined everything.
显然如此
Well, he has.
死得傻呀死得傻*
*Stupid deaths, stupid deaths
下次不要到你家*
*Hope next time, it's not you
没错
That's right.
罗伯特·科金在计算时
Robert Cocking forgot to include the weight of
忘记算上降落伞很大的自重
his very heavy parachute in his calculations.
看吧 我就说数学对身体不好
See, I've always said maths was bad for your health.
腐朽古罗马
历史牙医
我之前没注意到你们这家诊所
I've never noticed you on the high street before,
是新开的吗
are you new?
不 我们很老了 非常非常老
Oh no, we're old, we're very old.
这里是历史牙医
This is an historical dentist,
这里所有的牙医都来自于不同历史时期
all out dentists are from different historical periods.
所以这个罗马人先生真的是...
Oh, so this Mr Roman actually is...
奥乌鲁斯·牙医·扁桃体炎 不用起来
Ovulus Denticus Tonsillitis. Don't get up.
不用担心
Now, don't worry,
我们罗马人在各个医疗领域都是最先进的
we Romans are advanced in all fields of medicine.
毕竟 是罗马医生
After all, it was a Roman doctor
发现了脊柱扭曲的治愈方法
who found the cure for a twisted spine.
什么方法
Which was?
他在患者的背上放了很多巨石
He placed enormous stones on the patient's back,
在他移走巨石的时候
and when he took them off,
患者的尸体绝对是
the patient was
你所见过的所有尸体中脊柱最直的
the straightest backed corpse you'd ever seen.
这事真的发生了
你是说 他死了
You mean, he died?
别光看坏的一面 嘴张大
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表