来自伦敦贫民窟的斯迈克一家交换
the Smikes from the London slum.
这两个英国社会阶层的极端
But how will these two
斯迈克夫妇
唐布尔比-庞波楚克夫妇
将会如何相处呢
extremes of the British class system get on?
先生 请原谅我的激动
Forgive my excitement, sir,
我从没见过这么富丽堂皇的房♥子
but I've never been in such a grand house before.
你当然没见过
Of course not.
我家还从来没有进来过穷♥人♥呢
There's never been one single poor person inside this house, ever.
除了我的仆人们
Well, unless one counts the staff.
我的男管家 贴身男仆 厨师 女管家...
The butler, the valet, the cook and the housekeeper...
...贴身女仆 保姆
..Ladies' maid, the nursemaid,
女佣 女帮厨
the housemaid and the scullery maid,
男仆 客厅侍女
the footman, the parlour maid,
外屋侍女 还有园丁
the outhouse maid and the gardeners.
该死 珀金斯
Oh, dash it all, Perkins!
怎么了 老爷
Yes, sir?
有客人在 报纸竟然有折痕
We have guests and there's a crease in the newspaper!
马上去熨平 老爷
I shall iron it forthwith, sir.
说实话 这年头真找不到靠谱的仆人
Honestly. Can't get the staff these days.
与此同时 伦敦的贫民窟里
Meanwhile, in the London slum...
打扰了 我找斯迈克先生
Excuse me, has anybody seen a Mr. Smike?
庞布尔比-唐波楚克夫人吗
Mrs. Pombleby-Tumblepook?
是唐布尔比-庞波楚克
Tombleby-Pumblechook.
冯布尔比-庞波杜克 我就是斯迈克
Fumbleby-pombleydook. Er, yes, I'm Mr. Smike.
别碰我 我本来想敲门 但这里没有门
Don't touch me. I would have knocked but there wasn't a door.
我们把门劈开烧了取暖了
We chucked the doors on the fire to keep warm.
维多利亚时代有些穷♥人♥的确烧门取暖
必须的 很高兴看到你有那么多仆人
Of course you did. I'm pleased to see you have plenty of staff.
不 不是 我们都住在这
Oh no, no, no. We all lives here.
所有人 都住在这间屋里
All of you? In this one room?
是的 为了修公路 琼斯夫妇的家被拆了
Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Joneses lived up the road
在那之前他们一直住这条街
until their slum got pulled down to make a new street, yeah.
这位是荣布尔利-方格伍克夫人
This is Mrs. Rumblebly-Fonglewook.
唐布尔比-庞波楚克
Tombleby-Pumblechook.
-您好 -别碰我
- How do? - Don't touch me.
拆迁之前史密斯一家住在隔壁
The Smiths lived next door until their slum got pulled down.
这位是唐布尔比-柏腾奇克夫人
This is Mrs. Tombleby-Bottomcheek.
-很高兴见到您 -别碰我
- It's a pleasure. - Don't touch me.
我看到那边还有一点点空
Right. I see there's a little bit more room over there.
有个死人
A dead body!
是啊 他真死了
Oh, yeah, so there is.
把他扔出去 晚上你就有地方睡了
If we scrape him up, you'll have somewhere to kip for the night.
与此同时 斯迈克夫人在梅费尔被
Meanwhile, in Mayfair, Mrs. Smike is impressed
唐布尔比-庞波楚克先生的新玩意深深吸引
by Mr. Tombleby-Pumblechook's new gadget.
这是什么
What's this?
这是个新玩意 维多利亚时代的新发明
Oh, this is new. It's a Victorian invention
早上它可以自动泡茶
for automatically making you tea in the morning.
真的是维多利亚时代的发明
你可以叫它泡茶器
You might call it a teasmade.
但它也不是全自动的
Can't work it myself, though,
得有个仆人帮我给它定好时
have to get a maid to set it for me,
你可以叫她泡茶器女仆
you might call her a teasmade maid!
你有什么新玩意吗
Do you have anything new?
我有肺结核
I've got TB.
好吧
Ok.
我知道这些有钱人的房♥子为什么这么暖和了
I found out how come these posh people keep their houses so warm.
他们一天至少要烧掉半吨♥煤
They burn up more than half a ton of coal per day.
比我们一年用的煤还多 多半吨♥
That's more coal than we have in a year! By half a ton!
现在是早上六点 唐布尔比-庞波楚克夫人
It's six in the morning, and Mrs. Tombleby-Pumblechook
来到火柴厂 体验斯迈克夫人平时的工作
has been taken along to see what it's like to do Mrs. Smike's job in the match factory.
这股恶臭是怎么回事
Oh, what is that unholy stench?
恐怕是我身上的味 夫人
Afraid that's me, ma'am.
对 她得了磷毒性颌骨坏死
Yeah, she's got a phossy jaw.
-什么意思 -她要把这些白磷
- Explain. - Well, you see, the white phosphorus there,
放到火柴头上
that's to put on match heads.
白磷有毒 会让人下巴肿胀 骨头坏死
It's poisonous, makes your jaw swell and your bones rot,
真的发生过
所以会变臭
hence the stench.
你怎么不去看医生
Shouldn't you go and see a doctor?
我去了 但医生嫌我太臭 拒绝治疗
I did, but he refused to treat me. Said I smelt too bad.
他说的有道理
Well, he has got a point.
总之 活干够了 回家吧
Anyway, that's enough work. Let's all go home.
再干12个小时才能下班
Shift's not over for another 12 hours.
看你干了什么
See what you've done?
你知道吗 这些臭气熏天的穷光蛋
Do you know, these miserable, smelly people
一周要工作七天
have to work seven days a week?
连周末都不休
They don't even get weekends off.
全都是真的
难怪他们又穷又臭
No wonder they're so miserable and smelly.
我们都在这呢 能听到你说话
We're all just here, you know. We can hear you.
我知道
I know.
历史版
交换女主人
《交换女主人》节目最后
The wife swap is at an end,
两家人要坐下讨论他们的天壤之别
and it's time for the Tombleby-Pumblechook and the Smikes to settle their differences.
这次的《交换女主人》让我们都大开眼界
Yes, this wife swap has been quite an eye-opener for both of us.
你们的居住环境肮脏得令人难以想象
You live in the most squalid and revolting conditions imaginable,
而且为了维持生计 每天都要工作
and you have to work every day just to survive.
的确 唐波比-那个啥-孔比杜克夫人
Indeed we do, Mrs. Tombley-hombly-hombly-hombly-crumbleduke.
从此 你们要搬到一个完全不同的地方
From now on, you'll be living somewhere totally different.
对 我的管家在你口袋里发现了这块煤
Yes. My man found this lump of coal in your pocket.
我以为你们不会在乎区区一块煤
Well, I didn't think you'd miss just one lump.
我们在乎 所以你俩都得去坐牢
Well, we did, and so you're both going to jail.
抓到你们了
Gotcha!
珀金斯 把它扔了
Perkins, throw this away, would you?
被穷光蛋碰过了
A poor person's touched it.
维多利亚时代的贫民窟
Victorian slums
污秽不堪又疾病丛生
were squalid and disease-ridden,
厕所堵塞 粪便溢出
with overflowing toilets
20多个人挤在一间屋是家常便饭
and often more than 20 living in the one room.
但对于我们老鼠来说却是梦想家园
Which is what we rats call a dream home!
抱歉
Yeah. Sorry.
牛气的撒克逊人
勇敢的撒克逊战士什么人都不怕
Our brave Saxon warriors were afraid of no man.
但这不代表他们什么东西都不怕
Though that doesn't mean they weren't scared of anything.
艾弗格里夫 格里夫拉夫之子
Affelgriff, son of Griffelaff,
我们要向北进军吗
shall we journey north?
是的 埃德里克 塞德里克之子
Aye, Edrick, son of Cedric,
我们要进军北方
for there, we shall fight!
我们必须击败敌人
We must fight the enemy!
劈开他们的脑袋 挖出他们的心脏
We will cleave their skulls and cut out their hearts!
消灭所有的侵略者
Death to all invaders!
我们要翻过群山
We must journey through the hills.
对 翻过群山
Aye, the hills!
-不能翻山 -不能吗
- Whoa, not the hills, no. - Not the hills?
不能从山里走 那里住着巨龙
We can't go through the hills, that's where dragons are.
巨大黏滑的巨蛇 和恶心的喷火巨龙
Big, slimy serpents and nasty fire-breathing ones.
是的 巨龙巢穴 我见过
Oh, yeah. Wyrms and dracas. I've seen them.
你见过
You haven't?
对 我觉得应该是
Yeah, I have! Well, I thought I did.
当时很暗
Well, it was quite dark, actually.
很好 那我们沿湖而行
Very well. Let us go around the lake, then!
湖 不能去那
The lake! Whoa, not the lake!
湖里很恐怖 住满了怪兽
Scared of lakes, full of monsters.
水怪吗 好吧 我们避开大湖
Huh, water monsters? All right, we'll avoid the lake.
但我们仍要去战斗
And yet we must fight!
对 那我们穿过森林
Aye. Let us travel through the forest.
森林 不 不 不行
The forest! Whoa, whoa, no, no, no.
-森林很恐怖 -为什么
- Scared of the forest. - Why?
那里全是精灵鬼魂 他们会用小箭射你
Full of elves and spirits shooting at you with little arrows.
撒克逊人相信所有这些鬼怪的存在
-我见过他们 -不会吧
- I've seen them! - You haven't?
我的一个朋友见过 他说他见过
Yeah. Well, a friend of mine did. Well, he said he did.
好吧 我们要穿过那些巨石
No, we must journey through the rocks!
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表