是啊 外面的牌子写着乔治·伊恩医生
Yeah, on the sign outside, Mr George Ian.
不 应该叫他乔治医生
Oh no, he's Mr Georgian.
他是历史医院里最现代化的医生
He's one of the most modern doctors here at the historical dentists.
你应该... 没事的
You're in safe-ish hands.
应该?
Ish?
你好啊
Ah, good day to you.
我知道你现在忍♥受着
Now I understand that you are suffering
相当严重的牙疼
from some rather serious dental pain.
不要担心 我们乔治牙医
Not to worry, we Georgian dentists
在这方面是非常先进的
are very advanced in this area.
假牙 补牙 糖分过多引起不良影响
False teeth, fillings, the ill effects of too much sugar,
所有的这些我们都知道
all these things are known to us.
这倒是很让人放心
That's very reassuring.
还有在清洁牙齿的时候
As is the use of sticks,
要用到棍子 小便和火♥药♥
wee and gunpowder in cleaning teeth.
他们真的用棍子 小便和火♥药♥清洁牙齿
-什么 -奇怪
- What? - Hm, odd.
张开嘴巴 如果不介意的话
Right, open up, if you wouldn't mind.
那个地方龋齿相当严重
Hm, now there is now some rather serious decay there,
我可能要把龋齿的地方刮掉
and so I could just scrape away the decaying area
-然后放个填料进去 -听起来还好
- and put a filling in it. - Well that sounds OK.
要我给铁丝加热吗 医生
Shall I heat up the wire, doctor?
需要点时间才能烧红
Takes a while to get it red hot.
你要铁丝来做什么
What do you need a wire for?
我们用烧红的铁丝来接触你的神经末梢
Well, we touch your nerve ending with the red hot wire
为了使之麻痹
to cauterise it.
他们真是这么做的
你喜欢用什么补牙 铅还是蜂蜡
Now, what sort of filling would you like, lead or beeswax?
乔治人真的用铅和蜂蜡补牙
两样都不要 铅有毒 蜂蜡会溶解
Well, neither, lead's poisonous and beeswax will just melt.
我可以给你做陶瓷的
I could do you a porcelain one
但这一过程中使用的溶液会导致牙齿坏死
but, the solution we use in that process kills the tooth
所以你最后是用白色的东西补了颗黑牙
so you'd end up with a white filling in a black tooth.
不 坦白说 我也不想烧红的铁丝
No, and frankly I don't want a red hot wire
真的
伸进我嘴里
in my mouth anyway.
你看起来确实非常痛
Yes. Now you do seem to be in a lot of pain.
我们为什么不干脆把整颗牙都拔了呢
I don't see why I shouldn't just remove the whole tooth.
-痛吗 -除非我把你半个下巴也拔了
- Will that hurt? - Not unless I take half your jaw with it.
-什么 -别担心 这只有在
- What? - Now don't worry, that only happens
乔治理发师帮你拔牙的时候会发生
when a Georgian barber does your dental work.
有的乔治理发师同时也做牙医
而我是个专业的牙齿行家
I, on the other hand, am a professional operator to the teeth.
乔治人就是这样称呼牙医的 非常隆重
That's what Georgians used to call dentists, it's very grand.
我们只要拔掉烂牙
We shall just remove the bad tooth
镶上一颗假的就好了
and replace it with a false one.
尺寸是不是有点太大了
Bit on the large side, isn't it?
明白了 我不准备... 然后
Oh, I see, well I'm not going to... and then, oh, oh, oh.
不不 这是不会发生的
No, no, that's not going to happen.
曼迪会从这象牙里雕刻出一颗假牙
Mandy will simply carve a false tooth from this walrus tusk.
他们也真是这么做的
马上去做 乔治医生
Right away, Mr Georgian.
听起来还不错
Well, that sounds all right.
-是的 请躺在地上 -为什么
- Right, lie on the floor for me, please. - What for?
这样我可以用双腿夹住你的头
So I can clamp your head between my legs
然后扯掉那颗牙
and rip out the tooth.
-真奇怪 -是你说了什么吗
- Oh, that's strange. - Was it something you said?
你知道吗 乔治·华盛顿
Did you know George Washington,
美国第一任总统
the first President of America,
他的假牙是河马牙和象牙做的
had dentures made from hippo and elephant ivory? Ah!
肯定很大
Hey, they must have been huge!
你说什么
What was that?
从上面雕刻出来的吗 真无聊
They were carved down? Oh, that's boring.
不过 他看上去绝对不会比
Still, he couldn't have looked any sillier
热衷于赶时髦的
than most posh Georgians
时尚千变万化的乔治人更蠢
with their ever-changing fashions.
-怎么样 -什么怎么样
- Well? - Well what?
你没注意到吗
You haven't noticed?
-有啊 -那然后呢
- Yes, I have. - Well, then.
你的小腿上多加了点衬垫
You've got extra padding on your calves.
我的发型看上去有什么不同吗
Oh, doesn't my hair look different?
当然 你戴了新的假发
Oh, of course, you've got a new wig.
当然我戴了个新假发
Of course I've got a new wig!
城里的温贝托勋爵来访
Lord Humbertold is visiting from the city.
他的穿戴总是最新潮的
He always wears the latest fashion,
所以我要挑些更时髦的东西
so I thought I'd pick out something a little more a la mode.
没错 我认为像我这样的大人物
Right, well, I think a bigwig like me
就是需要夸张的假发来凸显我的高贵
should look like a bigwig by having a big wig.
但这种打扮早就过时了
But it's so last reign, isn't it?
乔治三世都已经执政几十年了
George III's been in power for decades now.
俗话说得好
Yes, well, you know what they say,
时尚每三十年一个轮回
fashion comes around every 30 years.
温贝托勋爵到
Lord Humbertold.
他到了 快 躲在我后面
He's arrived. Quick, hide behind me,
这样他就可能看不见你了
maybe he won't see you.
天呐 快看温贝托勋爵
Oh, good gracious, look at Lord Humbertold.
你没戴假发 看上去可笑极了
You're not wearing a wig, you look ridiculous.
没假发
No wiggy,
没假发
no wiggy,
没假发
no wiggy!
你的马车是不是进了小偷
Did a thief lean into your coach
从你头上把假发偷走了
and steal the wig from off of your head?
很有可能
It can happen, you know.
现在可真有个黑市卖♥♥二手假发
There's a real black market for second-hand wigs now.
我的假发没有被偷
I haven't had my wig stolen.
你们这些乡下人太落伍了
You lot in the shires are so behind the times,
每个城里人都知道时尚在变化
everyone in town knows the fashion's changing.
戴假发正快速沦为特老土的装扮
It's fast becoming deeply unfashionable to wear a wig at all.
我早就知道 假发过时了
I knew that. Wigs are so passe.
但坎伯兰你刚刚还说...
But, Cumberland, you just said...
克莱明顿 你看上去真可笑
Crimlington, you look ridiculous.
假发 假发 假发 假发
Wiggy, wiggy, wiggy, wiggy!
闭嘴 好了 快给我闭嘴
Shut up, all right, just shut up, shut up so much!
亏我还把你当朋友
I thought you were my friend.
绝妙古希腊
源自古希腊的英语词汇
疼痛
诊断
分♥析♥
关节炎
湿疹
坏疽
痔疮
贫血
痤疮
忧虑
幻觉
健忘症
狂躁
瘫痪
过敏
大出血
歇斯底里
药品
消毒剂
尸体解剖
同情
我们古希腊人在医药方面取得了巨大进步
We Greeks made great progress in the science of medicine,
但不是所有方法都很先进
but not all our methods were so very advanced.
希腊这一股鱼腥味[也有"可疑"之意]
Something smells fishy in Greece,
我说的不只是希腊鱼子酱
and I'm not just talking about the taramasalata.
我是多姆·达克沃斯
I'm Dom Duckworth,
来这调查所谓的医生祭司们
here to investigate the highly dubious medical practices
极不靠谱的医疗实践
of the so-called Asklepian doctor priests.
糟糕历史大调查
我来到了希腊医神阿斯克勒庇俄斯的神殿
I've come to the temple of Asklepius, the Greek god of healing,
有一位医生祭司正在这里大放厥词
where a doctor priest is making some pretty bold claims.
上周这人还只有一只眼睛
Last week this man only had one eye.
在他熟睡时
While he slept,
医神在他的眼睑上涂上了药膏
Asklepius rubbed ointment onto his eyelid
瞧 醒来时他就有了两只眼睛
and, behold, he woke up with two eyes.
我被治好了
I am cured.
医生祭司真的这么声称过
子虚乌有
Never happened.
当这位斯巴达孩子患脑积水时
And when this Spartan boy was suffering from water on the brain,
医神砍下他的头
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表