剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
你好 本地新闻报? 我是Smitty 我有个高挑金发美女的独家报道
Hello, city desk? Smitty here, take this down. I got a hot scoop on a tall blonde
我要赶紧把她搞上♥床♥!
and I gotta put it to bed on the double!
你觉得在自己在美国文学界中 处于一个什么位置?
How do you see your position in American letters?
要么是最好的 要么不是
I'm either the best, or I'm not.
我不知道
And I have no idea.
实际上 我一点不担心这个
And in fact I don't even worry about it anymore,
因为认为自己是不是最好的 根本不重要
because it doesn't matter whether you think you're the best, there are twenty of us around.
有这么20个美国作家 我不想说出他们的名字
Twenty American writers right now – I could name them but I won't –
都认为自己是目前在世国内最好的 我就是其中之一
who think they're the best living American writer. And I'm one of those twenty.
再者说 我又不想和他们中有些人交朋友 因为他们都是混♥蛋♥
On the other hand, I don't want to make friends with some of those guys, because they're bastards.
好的 你一直最喜欢的作家是谁?
Okay, so who is your favorite author of all time?
- 在这里过得怎么样? - 我们很好
- So, how are we doing over here? - We're fine.
你知道喝冰茶配什么最好吗? 猪里脊!
Hey, you know what goes great with iced tea? Pork tenderloin!
过会 谢谢
Maybe later, thanks.
我们这里的菜不错 我刚才说的几样现成的就有
We have a great menu here. I'm holding a couple as we speak.
不用了 谢谢
We're fine, thank you.
好的 不知道服务生告诉你没有 今天是周三
Okay. Hey, I don't know if the waiter told you, but today is Wednesday.
蜻蜓旅社有"厨师大考验"活动
And on Wednesday at the Dragonfly we play a little something I like to call "Stump the chef"!
厨师就是我 玩法就是你随便说道菜
Which is me. And the way we play is that you name any dish in the world
我就会给您做 如果我不会
and I will make it for you, and if I don't know what it is,
- 那您的午餐就免单! - 她到底在说些什么?
- then you get your lunch completely free! - What the devil is she talking about?
实际上 我们可否在冰茶里加点柠檬?
Actually, you know what, could we have some lemon for the iced tea?
柠檬? ...哦 当然可以
Lemon?... Oh, sure.
一盘柠檬这就来
One plate of lemon coming up.
如果你改变注意 我就在厨房♥
If you change your mind, I'll be in the kitchen.
你知道 和很多食物一起
You know, with the food.
我已经有大堆数据和数页的研究报告 哦 最好的是
I already have a ton of data and pages of research and, ooh, the best thing is,
四楼的女孩Nancy 他父亲负责美术馆的安全工作
Nancy, this girl on the fourth floor, her father was the guy who ran security at the gallery
当Lars Ulrich出♥售♥所有作品时 他说他会尽力电♥话♥联♥系♥上他
when Lars Ulrich sold all his art and he said he would try to get him on the phone
- 来做个采访 我终于可以喘口气了 - 那可要创纪录了
- for an interview and I've gotta breathe now. - I think that was a record.
那你认为怎么样? 这个新闻够大够劲爆吧?
So what do you think? You think it sounds big enough, important enough?
- 是的 - 我也这样认为
- Yes, I do. - I think so too.
- 这件事我感觉非常非常好 Forester - 听到这个真的很好 Gilmore
- I feel very, very good about this, Forester. - Excellent to hear, Gilmore.
牧师 为什么我要你在弥撒仪式时 把手♥机♥调振动
Monsignor, why is my asking you keep your cell on vibrate during mass
以防我要引用不礼貌的例子?
in case I need to fact check a quote outrageous?
拉比Feldman在安息日这样做了 他现在正在抵抗犹太法典
Rabbi Feldman's doing it for me on Shabbat and he's flying against the Talmud there.
那什么时候能读到你的故事?
So, when do I get to read this story of yours?
我想明晚约会前能完成粗稿
Well, I figured I'll finish a rough draft in time for our date tomorrow night.
你就可以有个浪漫的校对之夜了 很爽 是吧?
So you can have a romantic night of proofreading. Huh? Pretty hot, don't ya think?
- 是的 听着... - 开玩笑的 你不用读 我读给你听
- Yeah, listen... - I'm kidding; you don't have to read it. I'll read it to you.
- 明晚我得工作 - 什么?
- I have to work tomorrow night. - What?
对不起
Sorry.
但明天是星期四啊 你什么时候开始星期四上班的?
But it's Thursday. Since when do you work on Thursday?
从Taylor决定从24小时工作的 卡车司机手中挣钱开始
Since Taylor decided to cash in on the 24-hour trucker crowd.
- 什么卡车司机? - 84号♥高速的卡车司机
- What trucker crowd? - The trucker crowd off Highway 84.
啥时开始 84号♥公路的卡车司机 会经过Star's Hollow?
Since when does the trucker crowd off Highway 84 come through Star's Hollow?
从我们安装了制冷设备开始
Since we installed an icy machine.
哇
Wow.
我困在这儿调整新的轮班次序 直到大家都能适应
Yep. I'm stuck here pulling the new shifts until we see how it's catching on.
- 听着很艰难 - 是的
- Sounds rough. - Yeah.
听Taylor高声唱"Stand by Your Man" 都能折磨死人
You haven't lived until you've heard Taylor belt out "Stand by Your Man".
- 你应该有危险津贴 - 我已经申请了
- You deserve hazard pay. - I've already submitted for it.
那明晚不行咯 臭小子 周六呢?
So, no tomorrow night. Bummer. How about Saturday?
周六我也要工作 下周吧? 我周二周三不上班
Saturday I'm here. Uh, what about next week? I've got Tuesday and Wednesdays off.
我有这篇文章要写 阅读也拉下了 下周末吧?
I have this article, and I'm already behind on my reading. Next weekend?
去缅因参加我爷爷奶奶的 结婚周年纪念
Going to Maine for my grandparent's wedding anniversary.
- 哟 认识你真不错 - 给我点支持啦
- Well, it was nice knowing ya. - Way to stand by your man.
- 貌似那就得下下周了? - 是 我想是这样
- So I guess that's week after next, huh? - Yeah, I guess so.
- 周一我的文章交稿 - 那就周一晚上了
- I turn in my article on that Monday. - Monday night it is.
- 有人说"离别使人多情" - 是啊 小别胜新婚嘛
- They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. - Yeah. Sex can do that also.
- 阿门 哥们 - 好的 我得挂了
- Amen, brother. - Okay, I've got to go.
我得每隔20分钟搅拌下玉米片奶酪 否则它就会硬得像石头
You have to stir the nacho cheese every twenty minutes or it forms kind of a rock.
- 去搅吧搅吧 - 明天打给你
- Go stir the cheese. - Call you tomorrow.
好 拜
Okay. Bye.
你知道那些牧师都很幽默吗?
Did you know that priests have a fabulous sense of humor?
请时刻与我保持一道闪电的距离
Just stay one lightning bolt's length away from me at all times please.
想试试第五大街那儿的摩门宾果酒么?
You want to go check out some Mormon bingo around 5th?
不用了 谢谢
No thanks.
- 文章进行的咋样了? - 很好
- How's your article coming? - Very good.
很好 你一定发掘了一个新视角吧?
Good. So you must have found a new angle on it. Right?
- 对啊 新视角 - 的确
- Right. New angle. - Yeah.
说非法下载的报道到处都是 可说来说去就是那几句
Downloading stories are everywhere and they all say exactly the same thing.
下载量大了 CD销量下降了 但是去年上升了
Downloading's up, CD sales are down, but up from last year.
它没有影响音乐产业 可音乐产业却的确受影响了 诸如此类
It's not hurting the music industry but the music industry's hurting. Blah, blah, blah.
总是看起来有更多深意 其实根本没有
You know. It always seems like there's got to be more to it than that, but there never is.
但是 你有新的角度 很好
But, you have a fresh angle. So good.
- 恩 好 - 好的 我一会回来
- Yeah. Good. - Okay. I'll be back late.
如果拉比Feldman打电♥话♥来 告诉他 我在Edward James Olmos的办公室
If Rabbi Feldman calls, tell him I got the stats from Edward James Olmos' office, so I'm good.
- 拿到统计数据了 拜 - 好 拜
- Bye. - Yeah, bye.
这是什么? 没关系 我看到粉色标注了 谢谢你Lorelai
What's this? Never mind, I see the noted pink, thank you Lorelai.
- 不客气 - 好的 我看到这个月有不小的涨幅
- You're welcome. - Okay. I see a lot of growth this month.
最初的下降 我们都知道只是刚开业的调整期
The initial drop off, which we all knew was going to happen after the opening has sort of settled
而现在入住率有70%-75% 这很不错
and you're doing a good seventy to seventy-five percent occupancy, which is pretty good.
是的 假期也临近了 11月份后三周已经订满了
Yeah, and the holidays are coming up, we're booked solid the last three weeks of November.
这些都是正面新闻 来谈谈需要我们帮忙的事情吧
Well that's all positive news. So let's just talk about the couple of things we can do to help till then.
- 我们需要帮忙? - 是的 有些
- So, we need help? - Well, yeah. Some.
这是第一年 你们要开创事业 所以目前还没有太多的利润
It's the first year, and you're going to building the business so there's not a lot of profit right now,
个人认为 适当减少财政负担会更好
and personally I'd feel better if we could just lighten some of the financial load.
- 财政负担 - 听起来不是很好
- Financial load. - That sounds bad.
我可以申请加班费的 但我没有
I could put in for overtime and I don't.
听着 你需要卸下些负担 例如 午餐
Look, you need to get some of these burdens off you. For example, lunch.
午餐怎么了?
What about lunch?
早餐看起来收支平衡 晚餐你做的也不错 但是午餐?
Well, breakfast seems to be breaking even, and you're doing fine with dinner but, lunch?
- 午餐怎么了 Ann? - 午餐费用像大出血一样
- What about lunch, Ann? - You're hemorrhaging money at lunch.
工作人员很全 餐厅却基本空着
You have a full staff for a basically empty dining room.
我想在上座率提高之前 停止午餐供应是比较明智的
I think it might be a good idea to drop lunch until you get your occupancy rate up higher and...
放弃午餐 她说放弃午餐?
Drop lunch, did she say drop lunch?
直到上座率提高的时候
Just until we get our occupancy rates up a little higher.
高很多
A lot higher.
- 我想不通 这就是我们唯一的办法? - 那...
- I don't understand. That's the only thing we can do? - Well...
我觉得这非常巧合 拯救旅馆我们唯一可做的是
I mean, I just think it's extremely coincidental that the only thing we can do
- 放弃午餐 - 我相信这不是唯一办法
- to save the inn is to get rid of lunch. - Well, I'm sure it's not the only thing.
我是说 午餐是我的 为什么必须得放弃我的东西呢?
I mean, lunch is my thing. Why do we have to get rid of one of my things?
为什么不能放弃Michel的事?
Why can't we get rid of one of Michel's things?
我什么事? 我就站在桌子后面接个电♥话♥
What things? I stand behind a desk and answer a phone.
我有什么可以放弃的?
What of mine can you possibly get rid of?
- 桌子! 把电♥话♥挂墙上! - 什么?
- The desk! Put the phone on the wall! - What?
留言写在鞋上 他浪费了好多纸呢
And write on your shoe, because he goes through a lot of paper.
- 好了! Ann 你能不能...? - 这不公平!
- Okay! Ann, would you just, uh… - It's not fair!
这不公平 每个人都能保留自己的事情 而我必须得放弃我的午餐
It's not fair that everybody else gets to keep their thing and I have to get rid of my lunch.
Sookie Ann只是想帮忙
Sookie, Ann's just trying to help.
- 哦 Ann讨厌我 - 不 我没有!
- Oh, Ann hates me. - No, I don't!
好吧 Ann 去厨房♥倒杯咖啡喝喝不?
Okay, Ann, how would you like to go in the kitchen and get yourself a cup of coffee?
- 我不讨厌她 - 我知道
- I don't hate her. - I know.
- Michel 你能给Ann倒杯咖啡吗? - 当然可以
- Michel can you get Ann some coffee? - Oh, absolutely.
然后我就把电♥话♥挂墙上去
And then I'll go hang my phone on the wall.
我得告诉你 当你代表公♥司♥门面时 打扮得体很重要
Oh, I have to tell you, looking good is so important when you represent the face of the company.
我的意思是 当顾客进门时 首先映入眼帘的就是我
I mean, I am the first thing that a customer sees when they walk through that door.
你的套装不是打折货 Michel
Your suits are not a deduction, Michel.
- 你这是干什么? - 她要把我的午餐夺走
- What are you doing? - She's taking my lunches away.
- 她在试着帮我们 - 这全怪诺曼·梅勒
- She's trying to help us. - This is all Norman Mailer's fault.
他就坐那 什么都不点 满嘴废话
He just sits around, ordering nothing and yammering on and on and on.
他不就是娶了Marilyn Munroe嘛 别人就好过了?
I mean, so he was married to Marilyn Munroe. Who wasn't?
他可是作家梅勒诶
That was Arthur Miller.
我去要踹他一脚 捏他鼻子
I'm going to kick him and pinch his nose.
嘿 控制一下 Sookie 我们是来这开创事业的诶
Hey, get a grip. Sookie, we're trying to launch a business here.
餐厅是事业的一部分
The restaurant is part of the business.
- 我知道 - 取消午餐不是...?
- I know. - And cutting out lunch is not the…
暂时取消午餐 暂时的
Temporarily cutting out lunch. Temporarily.
等局面好起来 会好的 那时午餐就回来了 像以前一样
Just until things perk up, which they will, and when they do, the lunches will go back, just like before.
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表