剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
但现在我从来没考虑过
But this is the time for work, for learning.
工作和学习 还有在哪实习 我就活在自己的世界里
I didn't even consider and internship anywhere, I was so wrapped up in my own personal… whatever.
- 真不敢相信我这样做了 - 好的 我们退一步说
- I can't believe I did this. - Well, okay, let's take a step back here.
- 你说你落后了 - 我是落后了
- You say you're behind... - I am behind.
- 那就赶上来啊 - 你说的倒轻松
- So, you'll catch up. - You say that like it's easy.
不 我说那是你要做的
No, I say that like it's what you're going to do.
你以前也经历过 在Chilton你也曾落后于人 记得吗?
You've done it before. You were behind at Chilton – you remember?
然后你经过努力 不都好了吗
And then you hit a deer, and everything was fine.
这两件事根本没关系
The two incidents were in no way connected.
- 但是你赶上来了 对吧? - 那是高中
- But you caught up, right? - That was high school.
这是大学 一个很大的重点大学
This is college, a very big, important college.
好的 学校不同 但是Rory没变
Okay, different school, but same Rory.
你富有上进心 你就是"努力女孩"
You're great at the catch up thing, you're the catch up girl”....
不要和"奴隶女孩"混淆了 你不是那样的
not to be confused with ketchup girl”,, ‘cause that's not you at all.
你天生就是一个热情开朗的女孩 又充满幽默感
You were strictly a mustard and relish girl from day one – there's a little condiment humor for ya.
我真得去工作了 坚持不懈
I'm really going to have to work – constantly.
也许我该在当地报社找份兼♥职♥
Maybe I'll have to look for something part-time at a local paper.
好啊 或者你可以给鱼贩打工
Good, that's good… Or you could work for a fishmonger.
- 什么? - 因为那里有很多报纸
- What? - ‘Cause there's lots of newspapers there.
噢! 天呢! 这是...? 啊哦!
Ow! Geez! What the – Doh!
他又碰上了! Luke 再来一下 给Rory叫大点声 让她听听
He did it! He did the bit! Luke, do it again. Do it louder for Rory.
- 嘿 妈? - 怎么?
- Hey, Mom? - Yeah?
- 你听上去很快乐 - 是啊 孩子
- You sound happy. - I am, kid.
怎么了?
What?
梅勒先生 能采访你真的很荣幸
Mr. Mailer, it's just such a great honor to be doing this interview,
- 我很想说谢谢你 - 我能说句吗?
- so I just want to thank you. - Can I give you a tip?
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
要是我就不会以这样的方式开始 我不相信恭维的话
I wouldn't start that way for a simple reason – I don't trust compliments.
我听了很多年了 有时是我应得的 有时不是
I've been getting them for years. Sometimes I deserve them, sometimes I didn't.
但是当人们恭维你时 他们肯定是做错了两件事中的一件
But generally when people give you compliments there's one of two things wrong with them.
或者是他们虚伪 或者更糟 他们是真心的
Either they're false, or what's worse is they're sincere.
他们真的是在赞美你
They really mean the compliment.
然后表现出他们的忠诚
And then they're offering you their loyalty.
而我则有点小气 觉得没必要拿全部的忠诚去回报
And I'm kind of a stingy… Well, I don't necessarily want to give all that loyalty back.
所以不管哪种 咱还是略过恭维这段吧
So either way, let's skip the compliments.
那我们聊聊 你现在创作什么呢?
Let's talk about, uh, what are you working on now?
恐怕无可奉告 不能告诉你我在创作什么
I'm gonna say no to you, I can't tell you what I'm working on.
小说就像是偷♥情♥一样 不能让别人知道
A novel is like a secret affair, you don't bring other people in on it.
诺曼·梅勒又来了 这周的第三次了!
Norman Mailer's back, for the third time this week!
是啊 当然
Yep, sure is.
真令人兴奋 我要打电♥话♥告诉Rory
This is so exciting. I've got to call and tell Rory.
你知道 她还在穿连脚睡衣时 就开始读"裸者与死者"了
You know, she read The Naked and the Dead while she was still wearing footsie pajamas.
鸡肉快烤焦了!
Chicken's burning!
这是我们成为会客室的第一步
This is our first step on the road to being Solon.
一旦诺曼·梅勒在蜻蜓旅店 用餐的事不胫而走的话
I mean, as soon as word gets out that Norman Mailer is having lunch at the Dragonfly,
其他文人蜂拥而至也只是时间问题了
it's just a matter of time before the rest of the literati comes sweeping in.
听起来不错哦
Sounds great.
当然啦 我们会让戈尔·维达尔 住这边厢的客房♥
So, of course, we'll have to keep Gore Vidal on the other side of the room,
但说不定那厢布里埃尔·加西亚·马桂兹 又会有意见啦
but, you know, probably Gabriel Garcia Marquez will run interference for us –
浇黄油 伙计们 黄油!
Butter bath, boys, butter bath!
- 你没事吧? - 没事
- Are you okay? - Sure.
诺曼·梅勒每天来这里 我真是激动又高兴
And I'm thrilled and delighted that Norman Mailer is coming in here every day
一坐四个小时 什么都不点 光喝茶!
and sitting at a table for four and ordering nothing at all, but tea!
- 茶? - 冰茶 一杯接一杯!
- Tea? - Iced tea. Glass after glass after glass!
- 我肯定他还点别的吧 - 你肯定 现在?
- I'm sure he orders more than iced tea. - Are you, now?
好吧 是你调的冰茶好喝 简直无与伦比 这你能怪他吗?
All right, you make great iced tea. I mean, legendary, so can you blame him?
我只知道比利·乔尔来独♥立♥旅馆时 吃起来可是风卷残云啊
All I know is when Billy Joel came in to the Independence Inn he would pack it away.
开胃菜! 主菜! 两三种甜点!
Appetizers! Main course! Two, three desserts!
那才是懂行的食客啊! 而且几乎都能吃得下
That was a man that knew how to eat! And he was almost able to hide it.
对 但是你读过他的小说吗?
Yes, but have you ever read his novels?
这是餐厅 不是咖啡馆
This is a restaurant, not a coffee shop.
别这样 Sookie 这很有意思的!
Come on, Sookie, this is fun!
咱们这超赞的地方 诺曼·梅勒也喜欢上这儿来坐坐
We're the cool place where Norman Mailer likes to hang.
他会给咱带来街头信誉的 等着瞧吧
It'll give us street cred, you'll see.
好啊
Fine.
咱们得多备些冰茶
We need some more iced tea.
Gee 你这是干嘛呢?
Gee, I wonder who that's for?
Lena 经济发展 Seng 木桥堂
Lena, economic development. Seng, Woodbridge Hall.
Benji 法律热点 Paris 宗教争论
Benji, legal issues. Paris, religion beat.
我? 不会吧?
Me? Really?
嗯 没想到
Huh, I hadn't thought.
好的
All right.
Jerry 城市文学 Rory 特写 Glenn 犯罪纪实
Jerry, city arts; Rory, features; Glenn, crime.
- 怎么 Glenn你不想写犯罪纪实? - 我无所谓
- What, Glenn, you don't want crime? - I don't care.
莫莉恩·窦德告诉我都一样 不过不像她说的那么不认真
Maureen Dowd told me it's all the same, not that that flirt has any idea what she's talking about.
好的 那行
All right, that's it.
如果得到你想要的了 祝贺你 如果没有 我也没法
Congratulations if you got what you wanted, and if you didn't, I could care less.
开工吧
Get cracking.
Doyle 谢谢把特写给我 说不出我有多兴奋
Doyle, thank you so much for features beat. I can't tell you how excited I am.
那就别说了
And please don't try.
不 我会大干一场 你就等着瞧吧
No, I'm gonna kick butt. You just wait and see.
你现在是记者了 Gilmore 你得学会说"屁♥股♥"这词
You're a reporter now, Gilmore. You've gotta learn to say ass.
我尽量
I'll work on that.
嘿 听着 对我的第一个故事 我有无数的想法
Hey, listen, um, I have about a million ideas for my first story,
我想给你讲几个 看你有什么想法
so I was wondering if I could run some of them by you, see what you think?
两分钟 说吧
Two minutes. Go.
好 首先我想可以写一个 清洁工人成立工会的最新报道
Okay, well, first I thought I could do an update on unionizing the janitorial staff,
资产阶级和无产阶级之间的权利之争
you know, a classic power struggle; haves versus the have-nots.
好的
Okay.
或者 这个我已经想好大标题啦
Or – and I already have the headline for this one –
耶鲁自♥由♥激进主义者网络 过去时?
Yale's Liberal Activist Network: A thing of the past?”
朗朗上口 不错
Catchy, catchy
还有校园非法音乐下载的话题 相信现在这是很主流的
Then there's the issue of illegal music downloading on campus, which I imagine is a major –
- 哦 不 - 怎么?
- Oh no. - What?
他回来了
He's back.
Doyle 我的朋友 你看起来非常不错 过得怎么样?
Doyle, my friend. You're looking very, very well, how ya been?
我很好 Logan 很高兴你回来了
I've been great, Logan. Great to have you back.
我想待更长时间 但是耶鲁新闻日报给我打电♥话♥
Yeah, well, I stayed away as long as I could, but the Yale Daily News called to me.
哦 一切都好吗? 家人都好吗?
Oh, sure. So how's everything? How's the family?
都好 家还是那个家 啊 我的桌子 真漂亮
Everything's fine, the family's the family… Ah, my desk. Beautiful.
哦 Logan 我不知道你回来的的确切时间
Um, you know, Logan, I didn't know exactly when you were coming back,
- 任务都分派完了 - 没事 Doyle 有啥剩下的给我就行
- and I gave out the beats. - That's fine, Doyle, I'll take whatever you've got left.
- 事实上 没剩下的 - 很好 这就是我想要的
- Actually, there's none left. - Perfect, just the one I wanted.
放松点 Doyle 我来这儿只是想给我爸留个好印象
Relax, Doyle. I'm just here for the pretty picture in my father's head.
- 我不会添什么麻烦的 - 哦 Logan 别这样 你 麻烦?
- I'm not going to be any trouble at all. - Oh, Logan, please. You, trouble?
别说了 你来这我们就很高兴
Stop. We're just glad to have you here.
小心点 小伙子 别伤着自己 最好回去工作了 对吧 老大?
Careful, boy, you might hurt yourself, kid. Better get back to work, right boss?
Rory 很高兴见到你
Rory, nice to see you.
你认识Logan? 你怎么认识Logan的?
You know Logan? How do you know Logan?
不 我不认识他 碰到过 一个朋友介绍的
No, I don't know him, I met him. A friend introduced us.
- 那你们不是朋友 - 绝对不是
- So you're not friends. - No, definitely not friends.
那家伙很是个人物 去年他带了一帮朋友
That guy's a real piece of work. He took last year off with a bunch of his friends.
然后开他老爸的游艇出去玩 最后把船弄沉了
He was going to sail Daddy's yacht around till he sank it.
- 他弄沉了他爸爸的游艇? - 离斐济不远
- He sank his father's yacht? - Right off of Fiji.
他们六个月都歌♥舞生平 逍遥快活的 鬼知道他们在干嘛
They spent six months of gallivanting and partying and God knows what in there
直到他爸爸派了架直升机 才把他弄回来
till Daddy sent one of his planes to bring him back.
- 我想他爸爸肯定很有钱 - 他爸爸是Mitchum Huntzberger
- I'm guessing his father's rich. - His father's Mitchum Huntzberger.
Mitchum Huntzberger? 那个报社老大?
Mitchum Huntzberger? The newspaper guy?
报业大亨 他至少有十二种报纸
The newspaper magnet. The man owns at least twelve different papers.
我花了两年的时间来讨好Logan
I've spent two years kissing Logan's butt.
- 你不说拍马屁吗? - 随便
- Don't you mean ass? - Whatever.
我想那样的日子又来了 真讨厌这种家伙
Guess it's time to pucker up again. Man, I hate those kind of guys.
- 哪种家伙? - 那些有特权的白种男人
- What kind of guys? - Those privileged, white males.
Doyle 你就是个有特权的白种男人
Doyle, you're a privileged white male.
好吧 他更有特权 更白
Well, he's more privileged. And way more whiter.
我为什么要和你讲? Meg 我怎么会和Gilmore讲话?
Why am I talking to you? Meg, why am I talking to Gilmore?
我的报道? 我们正在挑一个话题呢
My story – we were picking a story.
对啊 我觉得不错
Right. Well, they all sound fine to me.
那我想我要跟进那个下载的报道了
Then I think I'll go with the downloading story.
好的 大胆去做 好好工作吧
Good. Go with your gut. And get to work.
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表