剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表
I won't be treated this way, not by any man.
别想这样对我 谁也别想
Ely. Ely, wait. It's the only fair way.
伊莱 等等 这是唯一公平的方法
With all due respect, Mr. Slade.
施雷德先生 恕我直言
I've come to work on time for 18 years.
我18年来按时上工
Never took one sick day.
从没请过一天病假
And you're gonna start him
而他刚进来
at a dollar more an hour than you pay me?
每小时工资就比我多一美元
How is that fair?
这叫公平吗
You think I'd work for less than some coloured man?
我怎么会比有色人种工资低吗
His father, I owe him a favour.
我欠他父亲一个人情
Oh, yeah, I know.
我清楚得很
Everybody around here owes the Hofstadters a favour.
这里每个人都欠霍夫施塔特家的人情
And this one can't tell the difference
但这位霍夫施塔特
between a lamp shade and a light socket.
连灯罩和插座都分不清
Hey! You watch your mouth, boy!
说话小心点 小子
And that night...
那天晚上...
That night, Link waited on him,
那天晚上 林克等他走过来
jumped him and killed him in cold blood.
突然袭击他 然后冷血地杀死了他
Dad, my hand.
爸 你捏痛我手了
Link said that it was self-defence.
林克说他是自卫
And the newspapers, they said...
还有报纸上说...
The Hofstadters own the newspapers.
报社是霍夫施塔特家的
And they own half the mortgages on the properties in Grandview.
他们还控制美景镇一半的房♥产抵押
But there were no witnesses.
可没有目击者
I heard there was a witness,
我听说有一个目击者
and the Hofstadters paid them off, whoever they were.
但霍夫施塔特家收买♥♥了他们
Is there any proof?
你有证据吗
That's just what Merrick said.
梅里克当初就是这么说的
The man whose name is on that plaque back there.
那个名字被刻在牌匾上的梅里克
Go away. Get lost.
走开 滚远点
I was about the same age as Jameel.
那时我就吉米尔这么大
And my mother couldn't believe
我母亲不敢相信
that Merrick was not gonna press charges.
梅里克居然不提出控告
My mother wasn't gonna just let it go.
我母亲不愿放弃
She wanted justice.
她想得到公正
But Judge Merrick told her that there were no witnesses
但梅里克法官告诉她没有证人
and that it was Link's word against hers.
她和林克各执一词
But she knew.
但她知道...
Your husband threatened to kill Link.
你丈夫可是威胁说要杀了林克
There was a witness!
有目击者的
She knew my father would never hurt anyone.
她知道我父亲绝不会伤害任何人
That's just a rumour. It was self-defence.
那不过是谣言 林克是正当防卫
At least put it in front of a grand jury. Let them decide.
那至少提请上诉 让陪审团裁决啊
My mother died that day.
那天 我母亲去世了
They said it was a heart attack. And I guess they were right.
医生诊断是心脏病 他们说得对
"Cause her heart broke that day.
因为那天她的心碎了
That's a horrible thing for a seven-year-old to see.
7岁就经历这种事 真是太悲惨了
Do you think I want your sympathy?
你以为我要你可怜吗
Do you know what became of Link?
你知道林克后来怎样了吗
Yeah, I kept track of that bastard.
当然 我调查过那个狗♥杂♥种♥
He got sick a couple of years ago and died,
他几年前生病死了
in the comfort of his home,
舒舒服服死在家里
surrounded by his wife and kids.
还有老婆孩子给他送终
Get out of here!
死远点
Come on!
走
You know what's weird? Ely never showed himself today.
真奇怪 伊莱今天没出现过
Maybe he's all gone now.
说不定他超度了
That's what I love about you. Forever an optimist.
我就爱你这点 永远那么乐观
No, it was more like standing on that square,
但我站在广场上
you could see Ely's anger on his son's face.
在伊莱儿子的脸上看到他的愤怒
They make the same expressions when they're mad,
他们愤怒时的表情一模一样
which is all the time.
脸上总是挂着一副怨气
Well, the man's father was killed, probably in a hate crime.
做儿子的 父亲遭人仇杀
Nothing was done.
凶手却逍遥法外
That would pretty much make me mad all the time.
换做是我 我也会放不下的
Yeah, I get it. I do. It's just...
我知道 只是...
So sad to see such an angry little boy,
看到那小男孩也如此愤怒 我真难过
that hatred passed on from father to son.
怒火和仇恨由父辈传给儿辈
That's the way of the world, my love.
这世界就是这样的 亲爱的
Always has been.
一直如此
You know, maybe if I get them together,
如果我把当事人都聚在一起
you know, the judge could tell Randall what happened
法官就可以告诉兰德尔事情经过
and break the cycle.
化解仇恨
You're right.
好主意
And then you could get started on that pesky little Gaza Strip thing.
之后您可以着手解决一下巴以冲突
All right, I'm serious.
我说真的
There's a reason that I am pulled into these people's lives.
我卷入他们的生活 必然事出有因
I know, I know.
我明白
But some things are beyond your help,
但有些事 你也无能为力
anybody's help.
谁都无能为力
And some people, all they wanna do is hold on to their hatred.
有些人就是不愿意放下仇恨
Well, I won't know unless I try.
不试试怎么知道
Wait. You mean now?
等等 你现在就去吗
Yeah. I can't sleep anyway.
嗯 反正我也睡不着
I'm coming with you.
我和你一起去
No. You might scare him off.
不用了 你可能会把他吓跑
Oh, look, this does not sound like a guy who scares easy.
他可不像是会被轻易吓到的人
Please? There's nothing you can do.
拜托了 你又帮不上忙
Wait. What are you saying?
等下 你的意思是
I'm supposed to wait here while you go out in this weather
你在这鬼天气出去找这个...
looking for this... Whatever he is?
...啥玩意儿 而我就在这干等着
No. Don't wait. Get some rest. I'll be home soon.
不用等我 好好休息 我很快回来
Who are you?
你是谁
What do you want? What have I done to you?
你到底想干什么 我怎么你了
I know what happened to you, to your wife and your son.
我了解你 及你妻儿的遭遇
What about my son?
我儿子又怎么了
He's in pain.
他很痛苦
He is filled with hatred.
满腔仇恨
He should be.
理当这样
No, you're wrong. It's gonna ruin his life.
你错了 这会毁了他的生活
Look, I can help you talk to the judge...
听着 我能让你和法官谈...
I'll talk to him when he's dead like me,
等他和我一样变成鬼了 我再和他谈
and that's what I'll make him,
而我会亲手把他变成鬼
before he ever gets a chance to see that dedication to his good name.
不会给他机会接受题词
Don't do this. There's a better way.
别这样 有更好的办法
I'm taking him!
我非取他性命不可
You better stand back, or I may have to take you, too.
少管闲事 小心我把你的命也取了
There are people over here who are very interested in you.
我那有些人 对你可是感兴趣得很
Hey, it's okay. It's okay.
别怕 是我
Don't be mad.
别生气
I'm not.
没事
I spent a lot of time on that case.
我在那件案子上花了很多时间
Interviewed dozens of people.
询访了很多人
I was a brand-new prosecutor,
当时刚当上控方律师
and I wanted to make my bones.
满心想着扬名立万
The Hofstadters were very powerful.
霍夫施塔特家很有势力
Is that why you decided not to prosecute?
所以你才决定不起诉吗
No!
当然不是
If ambition were my only concern,
如果我只顾出名
a murder trial would have been the best way
在谋杀案庭审上雄辩胜诉
to get my name in the papers.
才正中我下怀
Everything isn't in black and white.
是非不由黑白定
Interesting choice of words.
说得倒好
No, I knew Link Hofstadter.
我了解林克·霍夫施塔特
I knew his family. He was a fine young man.
我熟悉他的家人 他是个不错的年轻人
You want to know what really happened that night?
你想知道那晚到底发生了什么吗
I come to work on time for 18 years, damn you,
去你♥妈♥的♥ 我18年来准时上工
took crap from customers who let me carry
接受客人的冷眼
their refrigerator to the damn door
他们让我把冰箱从家里抬出来
and they got nervous when I took it inside.
我刚往里瞄一眼 他们就害怕
剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表