你以前可不介意这种暴♥力♥行为
Now, that's it, I'm leaving.
够了 我走了
Good Lord, it's Claire.
天哪 那是Claire
I thought you liked her.
你不是欣赏她嘛
Oh, I do. So, what's the problem?
是的 那你慌什么
Lana has told me that I am under no circumstances
Lana跟我说任何情况下
to ask her out on a date.
我都不能邀她约会
She says that if I rush things, I will ruin my chances.
她说要是我♥操♥之过急 我会适得其反的
Frasier.
Frasier
Claire, uh, hi. Hi.
Claire 呃 嗨 嗨
Fancy seeing you here.
很高兴在这儿遇见你
Oh, I-I just came from the opera house.
我 我刚从歌♥剧院过来
Can you believe Don Giovanni is sold out?
你能相信<唐乔瓦尼>已经售罄了吗
I wish I knew someone with a subscription.
我真希望我认识预约了的朋友
You know, I could, uh, I-I could call someone for you.
我 呃 我可以帮你打电♥话♥问问
Oh, that'd be great.
那真是太好了
Hey, and while you're at it,
嘿 你打探的时候
see if you can find someone who likes sherry.
再看看有谁喜欢雪莉酒的
You know, Les Habitants is having a tasting that week
那个礼拜莱斯哈比特兹餐厅还有一个品酒会
and I can't find anyone who enjoys sherry as much as I do.
但我找不到跟我一样喜欢雪莉酒的朋友
Of course, I always have trouble finding people who share my interests.
当然 我一直找不到跟我有共同爱好的朋友
I've been trying to convince someone to go to London with me
我一直想说服别人跟我一起去伦敦
and see the New Tate Gallery and the old Globe Theatre.
去参观新泰特美术馆 老环球剧场
And finally, I just gave up.
最后 我还是放弃了
And tomorrow, I'm going alone for ten days.
明天我就一个人去待十天
Life's just too short. Go out with me.
人生如此短暂可不能浪费 跟我约会吧
The trick to remembering the difference between
分清William Henry Harrison
William Henry Harrison and William Howard Taft
和William Howard Taft的小诀窍就是
is a simple mnemonic device.
一个简单的助忆技巧
Mne-what?
助什么
It's a trick.
就是个小诀窍
Harrison died in office after his first month,
Harrison任总统一个月后就死在了办公室里
so we say William Henry Harrison
所以我们可以说William Henry Harrison
was hardly healthy.
不是很健康
And you can't spell Taft without the letters f-a-t.
而要拼出Taft我们必须用到"胖"的3个字母fat
So now to remember two things,
所以为了记住两样东西
I have to remember two other things.
我得记住另两样东西
Plus the first two things.
加上前两样东西
Yes, yes. That's four things. Yes.
是的 是的 一共四样东西 是
But the first two things are easier to remember,
但前两样东西更容易记住了啊
and they are clues to the second.
也是后两样东西的线索
Will you just try to keep up, Kirby?
你能用点心吗 Kirby
What are you getting all up in my face for?
你干嘛这么暴躁
Because you are not working hard enough.
因为你根本没用心学啊
Well, whose fault is that? Yours!
那这都是谁的错啊 你的
Whatever, dude.
随便你 老兄
How's it going? Well, I'm cool.
学得怎么样啊 我没问题
As am I.
我也是
Oh, Frasier, will you stay for dinner? Sure.
噢 Frasier 你留下来吃晚饭吗 好啊
Hey, Kirby, go wash up.
嘿 Kirby 去洗碗
And use water!
记得用水
Listen, Lana, um...
那个 Lana 呃
...I-I ran into Claire this afternoon, and I...
我今天下午碰到Claire了 我
Well, we-we got to talking, and it seems as though we'll...
我们聊了会儿天 然后好像
We're gonna be going out together. You're what?
我们要出去约会了 什么
I told you, the timing isn't right. You went behind my back.
我说过了 时机未到 你居然背着我♥干♥这种事
Yes, well, you had me convinced that
没错 你说服我说
you held the keys to Claire's kingdom.
你握着去Claire王国的钥匙
But the truth is, I didn't need the key.
结果呢 我不需要钥匙
When I got there, the gates were open,
我到那里的时候 大门敞开着
the mat said, "Welcome, Frasier"!
地毯上还写着"欢迎 Frasier"
Well, if you think you are walking out on Kirby, you can think again.
要是你敢放弃Kirby 你走着瞧
Listen, there is no use in tutoring him if he is not willing to learn!
听着 他不想学教他也没用
Hi, Lana, it's Claire.
嗨 Lana 我是Claire
Listen, Frasier asked me out today and I said yes.
Frasier今天邀我出去 我答应了
He seems very sweet.
他看上去很不错
Of course, he was also a little eager, which is always a turnoff,
当然 他也有点饥渴的样子 这总让我倒胃口
so I might back out, unless you think he's a catch, do you, is he?
所以我也许会退出 除非你觉得他很不错 你觉得呢
Anyway, I'll be back next week,
我下周会回来
so give me a call and let me know what you think. Bye.
电♥话♥告诉我你怎么想的吧 拜
Hmm. What do I think?
嗯 我怎么想的呢
Perhaps I spoke hastily.
也许我是操之过急了
I think...
我想
I want Kirby to get a C.
我要Kirby拿到C
What? You said he only had to get a passing grade.
什么 你说过他只要及格分就好啊
Well, that was before you went behind my back.
那是你在我背后搞鬼之前
And just for arguing, I want a B! That's crazy.
跟我吵是吧 我要B 你疯了
Oh, keep talking, mister, I'll go for an A!
噢 继续说啊 先生 我就要A了
All right, all right, a B it is.
好吧 好吧 就B
What am I doing again? Oh, yeah, I'm washing up.
我是要做什么来着 哦对 洗碗
Okay, a B-minus.
好吧 B减
All right, Kirby, I'm gonna make you an offer.
好了 Kirby 我有一个提议
If you will agree to knuckle down and study, I will treat you
如果你同意认真开始学习 我就请你
to a sumptuous dinner at Les Habitants.
在莱斯哈比特兹餐厅吃一顿丰盛的晚餐
How does that sound?
你觉得怎么样
You and me at a fancy French restaurant? That's right.
你跟我在一家高档法式餐厅 没错
Kinda gay.
有点像同性恋
Hey, Frasier. Oh, hi, Roz.
嘿 Frasier 噢 嗨 Roz
Ah, Kirby, this is my producer, Roz Doyle.
Kirby 这是我的制♥作♥人 Roz Doyle
Roz, this is Kirby, my tutee. Hey.
Roz 这是Kirby 我在给教他功课 嘿
Well, study hard, but remember, school isn't everything.
好好学习哈 但记住 学校不是一切
I wasn't exactly an egghead and look how I turned out.
我当初也不是什么书呆子 看我现在混得怎样
Yes, all right, Roz. I'm just trying to motivate the boy,
好了 Roz 我还想刺♥激♥这孩子学习呢
not scare him straight. Thank you.
不是把他吓跑 不送
She has gotta be pretty distracting around the office, huh?
她在你们电台肯定很让人分心吧
Oh, yes, well, sometimes. But she's union, so you put up with it.
有时候是 但她是公会的 我们不得不忍♥着她
No, I mean she's hot.
不 我是说她很辣
Just stop that. You stick to girls your own age.
快住嘴 你关注同龄的女孩子就好
Yeah, I had one. She dumped me.
我本来有一个 但她甩了我
Sorry to hear that.
抱歉让你提到伤心往事
I don't care. She can go to the prom with anyone she wants.
我无所谓 她想跟谁去毕业舞会就跟谁去
Wait a moment.
等等
Is that what all this current malaise is about?
你这么不用心是不是就因为这个
Heartbreak? No.
情伤吗 不
I'm way over it.
我早看开了
You know, what would be awesome is
说到酷炫
if I can go to the prom with some totally hot older chick like Roz.
要是我能牵着一位像Roz这样火♥辣♥的熟♥女♥去舞会
That would totally burn up Kristi.
Kristi肯定会火冒三丈
All my friends would be like, "Yo, she's so hot!"
我的朋友们都会说 "哟 她好辣"
Kirby, you just put that thought completely out of your mind because...
Kirby 你别这么异想天开了 因为
Kirby,
Kirby
if I could convince Roz to go to the prom with you,
要是我能说服Roz跟你去舞会
would you commit to learning this material?
你能好好学这个吗
And you think hard before you answer, because if it's yes,
好好考虑 小伙子 因为要是你同意的话
you're in my house, mister.
我们就是一条战线上的了
I'm in.
我同意
Deal. Now, listen...
成交 听着
We'll just keep this between us.
这件事我们要保密
There's no need to tell your mom.
没必要告诉你妈妈
No problem. Great.
没问题 很好
So how are you gonna get her to go with me?
你准备怎么说服她跟我去舞会
Oh, you just leave that up to me and Mr. Bruce Springsteen.
这个问题留给我和Bruce Springsteen先生就好
The Boss.
老板啊
No, Bruce Springsteen.
不 是Bruce Springsteen
You never said there was gonna be pop quizzes.
你从没说过会有突击测验啊
That's the "Pop" part.
现在就"流行"这个
But don't despair, Kirby, you got 19 out of 25. Well done.
别灰心 Kirby 25题你答对了19题 干得漂亮
Looks like you're well on your way to that prom.
看来你向毕业舞会进发得很顺利
Now, let's see that essay you wrote.
来看看你写的文章如何
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie...
Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie
Dad, do you mind? We're trying to work here.
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表